JenT

IMBRA Postings

36 posts in this topic

I do not think IMBRA is necessarily affecting the AOS'ers as that type of situation has been going on for awhile now, and even children get "stuck" in the clearance.

I would vote for a pinned thread. seems most logical to me.

Edited by lal_brandow

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with lisaf.....A pinned thread especially in the immigration news section would not be of any great benefit and make things even harder to find as many do not seem to even read this section. Nor will it solve the issue at hand of having all the numerous posting flooding the K-1 forum. I agree with yodrak.....a seperate forum, even a temporary one, would be the best and most valuable solution.

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
If I may put my two cents in :)

On behalf of all the people in countries with poor / agonisingly slow internet connections, PLEASE don't make a pinned thread.

It is almost impossible where I am to jump pages into a thread thats been going on for 18 pages or so. I agree with Yodrak that many posts are speculative and I really don't want to wade through pages and pages of it to get to something that is important or fact. As you say Capt. Ewok, this will all die down eventually, I appreciate being able to see new info immediately as it pops up, for example the DHS info that a member posted.

perhaps a pinned thread for 'discussion' of IMBRA for those who have the time to read it, while factual 'finds' are posted in K1 as they occur. When it all dies down consolidate the lot. By then everybody will be filling in new I-129F's anyway and it will be a moot point?

• Hi, Lisa F.
    After reading your post concerning NOT pinning an IMBRA thread, I couldn't be sure how familiar you are with the available message board navigation features. (So please forgive me if you were already aware of the following tips.)

When you log in, threads which have new posts added to them since your last visit will have
ORANGE
boxes (
newpost.gif
)displayed to the left of the thread name. Clicking on the orange box will take you DIRECTLY to the FIRST post made in that thread since your last visit.
(This only works if you are logged in. If you log out and then back in again, it will only show orange boxes on the ones since you logged out.)

When a thread has more than a few pages of posts, a special BLANK white square (
pages_icon.gif
)will appear between the end of the thread name and the white box for PAGE 1. Clicking on this blank box will prompt a script which asks you which page to jump to DIRECTLY. So if a thread has 99 pages, and you want to go to page 67, click on the BLANK box and type in "67", then hit enter.

Note: As this post has nothing to do with the topic at hand, I was going to send this as a PM, but thought perhaps other members might benefit from this information also.
About IMBRA, it appears to me that it will have a permanent change on the I-129F process, but as an ingrained part of it, such that in the near future all new applicants will be aware that it will be one of the steps between NOA1 and NOA2. My vote is: Pin for now (in K-1 section?), make a forum (or Sub-forum) if the volume requires it.

Edited by JEDI

• adamlovesamber4ha.gif

Timeline

--------------------

January 19 2006 I-129F sent to TSC (Day 1)

- (Subsequently transferred to CSC)

January 27 2006-NOA1 (Day 9)

January to April - Tried to keep her patient and calm as we waited!

April 17 2006 - NOA2 (Day 89)

... 91 days ...

July 17 2006 - NVC ~ After 91 days, FINALLY received by NVC! (Day 180)

July 21 to August 8 2006 - Flew down to visit Amber in Florida (ZERO problems at border)

Jul 25 2006 - Packet 3 received

August - ABANDONED PROCESS

How many DAYS has it been since you sent in your application?

Find out here: http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Am i allowed to give opinions here? :o

In case Iam, a pinned thread could be enough as long as the moderators kept closing any other IMBRA threads.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

• Hi, Lisa F.

After reading your post concerning NOT pinning an IMBRA thread, I couldn't be sure how familiar you are with the available message board navigation features. (So please forgive me if you were already aware of the following tips.)

When you log in, threads which have new posts added to them since your last visit will have
ORANGE
boxes (
newpost.gif
)displayed to the left of the thread name. Clicking on the orange box will take you DIRECTLY to the FIRST post made in that thread since your last visit.
(This only works if you are logged in. If you log out and then back in again, it will only show orange boxes on the ones since you logged out.)

When a thread has more than a few pages of posts, a special BLANK white square (
pages_icon.gif
)will appear between the end of the thread name and the white box for PAGE 1. Clicking on this blank box will prompt a script which asks you which page to jump to DIRECTLY. So if a thread has 99 pages, and you want to go to page 67, click on the BLANK box and type in "67", then hit enter.

Note: As this post has nothing to do with the topic at hand, I was going to send this as a PM, but thought perhaps other members might benefit from this information also.

thanks for the info, I was not aware of the of the white box, but my problems revolve around internet connections. ( for example it took me 5 mins of staring at blank downloading reply page to get this response to you :) I can go to a first page, or a last page, anything in the middle sends a computer with constant blips into a dithering mess with a " page expired" note and again I start. I realize that I am in a minority, and this doesn't matter to anyone anyway...

I guess my point re the pinned thread, is that everyone has their own methods of dealing with confusion, anxiety and may get comfort in constant discussion and speculating over what may come. I dont.! I like facts...and if anything comes out officially from the DHS, or the USCIS itself , I want to know about it in a brand new, flashing red light post! I am likely to see an ongoing pinned discussion and just...sigh, and bypass it.

I am just as disappointed as everyone else, re this whole mess but a lot of people are reacting emotionally to a situation that did not originate from emotion, but law and beaurocracy. Its like oil and water, they dont mix. It is more logical ( to me) to wait for info on how to deal with this paper trail mess, which is why I would hope that it doesn't get lost in a pinned thread of " they are out to get us" " they are playing with our lives" ( ???) Theres the way things should be, and the way things ARE. We just all have to deal with it.

thanks again for the post, sorry for the rant

wishing a speedy resolution for everyone.

April 14 - sent I-129F to Vermont

April 25 - NOA1

May, June, July lost to IMBRA and RFE's

Aug 22 - NOA2

Sept 25 - interview date OCTOBER 13th

Oct 26 - arrived at JFK - work authorized

Nov 21 - apply SSN, received Nov 29

Dec 16 - marriage license

Jan 05 - wedding

Jan 30 - AOS begins

AOS

Feb 07 - NOA1 ,check cashed

Feb 28 - notice I-485 sent to CSC

Mar 10 - Biometrics

Apr 16 - surprise RFE arrives..they lost my medical. New medical returned, Apr 23

Jun 1st - RFE ..more medical BS ( go back for TB skin test)

Jun 28 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

July 06- Green card arrives.

LIFTING CONDITIONS 2009

June 12 - mailed package

June 15 - check cashed

June 19 - NOA extension letter ( card expires June 26th)

July 03 - Biometrics notice

July 14 - Biometrics appointment

OCT 29 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

I am just as disappointed as everyone else, re this whole mess but a lot of people are reacting emotionally to a situation that did not originate from emotion, but law and beaurocracy. Its like oil and water, they dont mix. It is more logical ( to me) to wait for info on how to deal with this paper trail mess, which is why I would hope that it doesn't get lost in a pinned thread of " they are out to get us" " they are playing with our lives" ( ???) Theres the way things should be, and the way things ARE. We just all have to deal with it.

thanks again for the post, sorry for the rant

wishing a speedy resolution for everyone.

Well said, Lisa.... I've also avoided entering into the discussion in those threads because many are passing along, or reacting to, heresay, not fact. David and I are just as worried as everyone else, and I understand the desire for people to want to 'compare notes' and make predictions. All that's likely to do, though, is set everyone up for more disappointment. I do plan to write to my state's elected officials, but that's all that can be done at the moment.

Don't mean to turn this thread into anything other than what was originally intended... I just wanted to echo your thoughts...

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

IMHO the 1100 are only the tip of the iceberg.

No one knows how DHS will implement and the ripple effect to the embassy/consulate interview.

I read a couple months ago that there would be questions concerning the IMBRA in the interview especially if it wasn't clear that the couple had no affiliation whatsoever with even a dating web site.

The OMB it seems will have to approve on the new form and who know how long that will.

Who knows what will be done in the meantime.

Will USCIS sit on the mounting number of petitions?

If not, what are they going to do lacking the OMB approved form?

And again, the SC processing is not DOS who will ultimately decide if they're going to issue the visa.

Then there're possible/probable more lawsuits and even class action agains the Feds.

Larry and Maria

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I see somebody's been relocating IMBRA-related postings to the News forum... I only see one problem with that - IMBRA is 'news' when it relates to EVERYONE, like the email bulletin that somebody posted explaining how it's going to work, or some explanation of official policy/guidelines for implementing it, or if there was an actual newspaper article some place about the effects of IMBRA on people. But if people are posting 'I've been held up by IMBRA' or 'Help! Is IMBRA going to make my visa take forever and a day instead of just forever'... that's not 'news'. It might be rumour, innuendo, fear and desperation, but it's not news, and IMO those postings should stay in whichever K forum they were made in.

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I need to set something up for them... stay tuned. News is not the best location for them long term.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Timeline

ok. I am closing any threads on IMBRA and referring to this thread:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13584

Please let people know...

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I vote for an IMBRA forum. It is not that I don't sympathize...I really do. But the k1 section is being flooded with IMBRA talk.

*January 24 2006 - mailed in I129-F petition

*January 25 2006 - I129-F received at CSC

*January 30 2006 - packet returned.....arggggggggg we forgot one signature!!

*January 31 2006 - sent I129-F back to the CSC, hope we did not forget anything else

*February 1 2006 - I129-F received at CSC again

*February 3 2006 - NOA1

*April 20 2006 - NOA2!!!!!

*April 24 2006 - Touched!

*May 15 2006 - NVC received petition today!

*May 17 2006 - Case left NVC today!!

*May 30 2006 - Received Packet 3 from Vancouver!

*May 30 2006 - Faxed back Packet 3!!

*June 6 2006 - Received packet 4!

*June 20 2006 - Medical in Saskatoon

*June 28 2006 - Interview in Vancouver!!

*June 28 2006 - GOT THE VISA!!!*June 30 2006 - Moving day!

*July 3 2006 - Home at last!!

*July 28 2006 - married!

*September 13 2006 - Mailed AOS/EAD package

*September 25 2006 - Received NOA for AOS/EAD

*October 6 2006 - Biometrics appointments

*October 10 2006 - Touched!

*October 19 2006 - Transferred to CSC!

*October 26 2006 - Received by CSC

*October 27 2006 - Touched

*October 28 2006 - Touched again

*October 31 2006 - Touched again

*November 2 2006 - Touched again

*November 3 2006- and another touch

*November 7 2006- touched

*November 7 2006 - My case approved, still waiting for kids!

*November 8 2006 - Touched my case again

*November 13 2006 - Greencard arrived...yeah I can work!

*November 14 2006 - Touched my case again

*January 2007 - RFE for kids Greencard.

*February 2007 - kids medical and sent in RFE

*February 2007 - Received kids greencards

Timeline

I am trying to get everyone to post in one thread. If this becomes an issue beyond a month or so I will definately create a new forum. :)

I am trying to get everyone to post in one thread. If this becomes an issue beyond a month or so I will definately create a new forum. :)

I will eat my hat if this is over with inside a month ;) It has become quite difficult in the K-1 forum

*Note to self to work on eat my hat smiley just in case...Im almost there with it :D *

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Timeline

I agree from what I have seen. I would be happier if we could figure out a "new" forum that emcompassed this and some other "special circumstances" type topics. That would be good since we could lump other odd ball things in there as well as make the new forum more popular long run.

Good thinking :thumbs:

A few suggestions off hand that I can think of is....

Divorce - sadly comes up NUMEROUS times, spread out over various forums. Be great to have it in one place.

Tax - they kinda get lost in the Moving Here Forum and isnt just applicable to once in the US. Therefore there is many posts across the various Visa Forums come tax time. I know its a once a year thing...but knowledge is power...and it is very important and can be crucial. eg it can assist those doing CR-1 to know that the USC can file married (and how to do it) which assists in showing a bonafide marriage at the interview. I know we have members that know their stuff.

I-864 & I134 (seperated though to stop any confusion) - I know these are presently being moved into the Foreign Embassy Forum but they are critical to the visa process and can be complex and unique depending on circumstances.

Ok ........thats my bit.

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE