JenT

IMBRA Postings

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Good thinking :thumbs:

A few suggestions off hand that I can think of is....

Divorce - sadly comes up NUMEROUS times, spread out over various forums. Be great to have it in one place.

Tax - they kinda get lost in the Moving Here Forum and isnt just applicable to once in the US. Therefore there is many posts across the various Visa Forums come tax time. I know its a once a year thing...but knowledge is power...and it is very important and can be crucial. eg it can assist those doing CR-1 to know that the USC can file married (and how to do it) which assists in showing a bonafide marriage at the interview. I know we have members that know their stuff.

I-864 & I134 (seperated though to stop any confusion) - I know these are presently being moved into the Foreign Embassy Forum but they are critical to the visa process and can be complex and unique depending on circumstances.

Ok ........thats my bit.

Agrees with the Wench. :P

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These two are tough. They ought to be kept separated to minimize confusion (if we could accomplish reducing 99% to 98% it would be a 100% improvement!).

Since I-134 applies to both K1 and K3 visas I like seeing I-134 in the Interview and Consulate forum ( I-134 has nothing to do with foreign embassies, only US consulates).

I-864 is another bit trickier since it applies to immigrant visas and adjustment of status - two forums that are not in the same grouping and two functions that are handled by different government departments. So I rationalize that posts regarding I-864 are better left in those two forums.

Yodrak

I-864 & I134 (seperated though to stop any confusion) - I know these are presently being moved into the Foreign Embassy Forum but they are critical to the visa process and can be complex and unique depending on circumstances.

I sincerely wish that this thing blows over in a month or so but I don't have a lot of faith that it will. I'm kind of blown away at the response my thread has gotten and I think we do need a consolidated place for people to vent and to share things that they have found. I agree that having a dozen threads all spread out isn't the right way to do it but at the same time a dedicated forum probably isn't warranted. Maybe just pin my thread in the K1 forum for a while and if things calm down later it can be unpinned?

Agreed, this one needs a home if only to make it stand out. A fact of life that love-struck VJ'ers refuse to recognzie until it smacks them upside the head.

Yodrak

Divorce - sadly comes up NUMEROUS times, spread out over various forums. Be great to have it in one place.

The subject will be with us for as long as the law exists, and for years after should the law go away. But the nature of the discussion will change. A year from now we'll be dealing with posts about how to answer the questions on the new forms and how to deal with the new procedures that today we are speculating about.

Also we'll be talking about the issue in regard to the consulates as well as with regard to the USCIS. The consular issues haven't come up yet, but they will once the affected cases get past the USCIS.

Yodrak

I sincerely wish that this thing blows over in a month or so but I don't have a lot of faith that it will. I'm kind of blown away at the response my thread has gotten and I think we do need a consolidated place for people to vent and to share things that they have found. I agree that having a dozen threads all spread out isn't the right way to do it but at the same time a dedicated forum probably isn't warranted. Maybe just pin my thread in the K1 forum for a while and if things calm down later it can be unpinned?
Edited by Yodrak

Agreed, this one needs a home if only to make it stand out. A fact of life that love-struck VJ'ers refuse to recognzie until it smacks them upside the head.

Yodrak

The subject will be with us for as long as the law exists, and for years after should the law go away. But the nature of the discussion will change. A year from now we'll be dealing with posts about how to answer the questions on the new forms and how to deal with the new procedures that today we are speculating about.

Also we'll be talking about the issue in regard to the consulates as well as with regard to the USCIS. The consular issues haven't come up yet, but they will once the affected cases get past the USCIS.

Yodrak

Yeah your right there. That will be a whole other issue once these petitions get past the USCIS stage. There is no telling what changes will happen at the interview stage. Perhaps a dedicated forum for that is needed at some point. But right now we are all consumed with getting our petitions approved.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Sounds like we need a 'Red Tape' forum!

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!