JenT

IMBRA Postings

36 posts in this topic

I saw a few threads you closed by referencing the one I attached within this one.... should we all be directing folks here? It's a challenge to keep up with all of the related topics and rumors...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...topic=14450&hl=

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Yeah, I would like to consolidate them please.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Timeline

Will this issue probably be more mute in several months (and is simply just something new and confusing to people right now)?

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Timeline

what will it hurt? IMBRA is here to stay. why not create an IMBRA forum.

advantages would be:

1. a place for those affected can address concerns

2. a good place to some what control the in flux of the same questions.

3. its a good place for news and updats on this issue

4. its good historicly because, later on the new IMBRA victoms and research what the preceeding people experianced.

shon.gif

Timeline

So do you expect people in the future to be affected often? Right now is the discussion because people (on a administrative goof) are having their petitions delayed or is this an issue that will be more... So in short, 6 months from now will we get more than 10 posts or topics a day on it? I just want to limit the # of forums where we can and if it is a bigger issue we can dedicate a pinned thread or add a section to the Guides (best idea).

Difficult to say... perhaps rather than label the new forum as 'IMBRA', it could be labeled something like "Legislation Impacts" to allow a location for similar posts to be 'sequestered'...???

Let's all HOPE than in 6 months from now, the Powers That Be will be caught up with themselves, but who knows?

Current discussion is triggered when someone experiences an interview cancellation or return of their packet to one of the service centers for further background checking. They don't know what's going on and someone redirects them to the IMBRA postings... the creation of an IMBRA forum might not solve this problem, but would prevent members from having to repeat the same stuff over and over... they could be directed to the forum, much like newbies are when they ask a basic question which could have been answered by the poster, had they taken the time to research...

A guide would not be a forum for the sharing of personal experiences though, would it?

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Capt - you could make a temporary forum for IMBRA and then have a hyperlink to it, after its died down, the same way you have for the Reviews section perhaps?

I don't think anyone is suggesting a permanent forum for IMBRA - just a way of unclogging the K1 section cos right now its quite hard to find the 'normal K1' queries in there - at least thats not the way I read it :)

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

Filed: Other Timeline

I think a forum is desperately needed. If nothing other than to control the panic.

Besides, I am not certain that the governmental 'clog' at this point applies to only new petitions. There seem to be a rash of us who have had AOS interviews but don't have greencards yet because of imcomplete name checks. Who is to say that IMBRA isn't somehow involved in that?

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I'd suggest that a pinned thread at the top of the K1 forum would work fine, with a title like 'ALL IMBRA-related postings HERE' similar to the thread that was made for CSC tranfers over in the AOS forum. It helps keep things tidy for everyone else...

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

I'd suggest that a pinned thread at the top of the K1 forum would work fine, with a title like 'ALL IMBRA-related postings HERE' similar to the thread that was made for CSC tranfers over in the AOS forum. It helps keep things tidy for everyone else...

I agree with Rebecca and Kaj, this something that will not go away suddenly there are lot of people

feeling IMBRA some have been on IMBRA security check over 100 days. even AOS interviews are getting cancelled.

shon.gif

Captain Ewok,

I expect that people will be affected in the future, although not in the way that has caused the current consternation. IMBRA will likely be a changing, evolving set of issues. There are and will continue to be many people who have met via internet meeting sites, dating sites, and match-making sites, and it may take a while to sort out how the consulates are going to handle this. There will also be some people who are submitting their 3rd petition.

I think it's a good subject for a forum and eventually - after there's enough anecdotal experience - a good subject for a Guide as well.

For the time being, it would be very desirable to consolidate the proliferating threads that, at this point in time, are far more speculative than informative.

Yodrak

So do you expect people in the future to be affected often? Right now is the discussion because people (on a administrative goof) are having their petitions delayed or is this an issue that will be more... So in short, 6 months from now will we get more than 10 posts or topics a day on it? I just want to limit the # of forums where we can and if it is a bigger issue we can dedicate a pinned thread or add a section to the Guides (best idea).
Edited by Yodrak

How about a pinned thread under immigration news?

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

If I may put my two cents in :)

On behalf of all the people in countries with poor / agonisingly slow internet connections, PLEASE don't make a pinned thread.

It is almost impossible where I am to jump pages into a thread thats been going on for 18 pages or so. I agree with Yodrak that many posts are speculative and I really don't want to wade through pages and pages of it to get to something that is important or fact. As you say Capt. Ewok, this will all die down eventually, I appreciate being able to see new info immediately as it pops up, for example the DHS info that a member posted.

perhaps a pinned thread for 'discussion' of IMBRA for those who have the time to read it, while factual 'finds' are posted in K1 as they occur. When it all dies down consolidate the lot. By then everybody will be filling in new I-129F's anyway and it will be a moot point?

April 14 - sent I-129F to Vermont

April 25 - NOA1

May, June, July lost to IMBRA and RFE's

Aug 22 - NOA2

Sept 25 - interview date OCTOBER 13th

Oct 26 - arrived at JFK - work authorized

Nov 21 - apply SSN, received Nov 29

Dec 16 - marriage license

Jan 05 - wedding

Jan 30 - AOS begins

AOS

Feb 07 - NOA1 ,check cashed

Feb 28 - notice I-485 sent to CSC

Mar 10 - Biometrics

Apr 16 - surprise RFE arrives..they lost my medical. New medical returned, Apr 23

Jun 1st - RFE ..more medical BS ( go back for TB skin test)

Jun 28 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

July 06- Green card arrives.

LIFTING CONDITIONS 2009

June 12 - mailed package

June 15 - check cashed

June 19 - NOA extension letter ( card expires June 26th)

July 03 - Biometrics notice

July 14 - Biometrics appointment

OCT 29 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!