19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I dont understand why my wife needs go thru this painful process of vaccination when she has already done it once before arriving in US. Now Immigration requires it again. Ok fine we will do it again but then they have this list of civil surgeons and when I called the one nearest to my location they are charging 240 dollars. Please give me some tips on how can i get this I693 form done without paying a high cost to the civil surgeon recomended by USCIS. Thanks.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

There really isn't much you can do other than calling other doctors on the list. They can charge whatever they want. My husband and I called around to several doctors until we finally found one that didn't charge an arm and a leg. Good luck.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

I dont understand why my wife needs go thru this painful process of vaccination when she has already done it once before arriving in US. Now Immigration requires it again. Ok fine we will do it again but then they have this list of civil surgeons and when I called the one nearest to my location they are charging 240 dollars. Please give me some tips on how can i get this I693 form done without paying a high cost to the civil surgeon recomended by USCIS. Thanks.

Hello ayaz...when did your wife have the medical done? I believe that this is only if you apply for AOS AFTER Aug 1, 2008, as per the website: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

The requirements for these new vaccines went into effect on July 1, 2008, however CDC approved a 30-day grace period for any medical exam conducted before August 1, 2008. At that time the new vaccinations, if appropriate, must be administered in order for USCIS to approve the applicant for adjustment of status.

USCIS has revised the Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Form I-693) to include these new vaccination requirements. The June 5, 2008 edition of Form I-693 must be used for any medical examination completed on or after August 1, 2008.

If anyone interprets this differently, please post. Thanks...good luck!

jen

effective May 13, 2011 - back in Canada, journey is over

Timeline

for K-1 visa you dont need to have a full medical once you apply for AOS. we just need to do the vaccination part, atleast this is my understanding.

Hello ayaz...when did your wife have the medical done? I believe that this is only if you apply for AOS AFTER Aug 1, 2008, as per the website: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

The requirements for these new vaccines went into effect on July 1, 2008, however CDC approved a 30-day grace period for any medical exam conducted before August 1, 2008. At that time the new vaccinations, if appropriate, must be administered in order for USCIS to approve the applicant for adjustment of status.

USCIS has revised the Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Form I-693) to include these new vaccination requirements. The June 5, 2008 edition of Form I-693 must be used for any medical examination completed on or after August 1, 2008.

jen

Make sure you have her entire vaccination record with you so she does not have to repeat any uneccessarily. If you don't have it in your possession, try to get it. You can take the records and the USCIS instructions to your local public health department and see what they'll charge you for those that are truly needed (it is usually less). Then a civil surgeon can transcribe them onto the I693. Make sure the civil surgeon knows that they are just to double check that the requirements are met and transcribe the record. They should not charge you full price for this service, and I would negotiate the cost up-front. There are instructions on reviewing vaccination records for the civil surgeons, as the original documentation has to meet certain requirements. Health departments know how to do the documentation properly. Sometimes I think there is a temptation to over vaccinate because it is easier than really figuring out which ones a person has had and what they truly need. Our military takes that approach. It's not a bad idea to get acquainted with the services your health department offers. Most people can save some serious money by being in the know.

Thai Mom

Timeline
for K-1 visa you dont need to have a full medical once you apply for AOS. we just need to do the vaccination part, atleast this is my understanding.

jen

if the uscis is requesting this information then maybe you need to contact the doctor who did your wife's medical and get the vaccination list from him or her. you'll still have to have a CS tranfer the vaccination information onto the form requested by uscis.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

do a VJ search for Dr. L. E. Arnold... Her office has been known to transcribe the vaccination information to the required forms reasonably via the mail.

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Timeline
do a VJ search for Dr. L. E. Arnold... Her office has been known to transcribe the vaccination information to the required forms reasonably via the mail.

I knew there was a doctor who did this but couldn't remember his name. Of course, this is assuming the OP has a copy of his wife's vaccination record in hand.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I knew there was a doctor who did this but couldn't remember his name. Of course, this is assuming the OP has a copy of his wife's vaccination record in hand.

Yup, without proof of vaccinations (original records or DS-3025) then the OP is SOL. If the OP has the DS 3025 and if it were me, I would simply submit it in lieue of the I-693.

YMMV

Regarding the new vaccination requirement, uhm..let's say we already filed for AOS last MAY, DO WE STILL need to get the new vaccines?

TIMELINE

MAY 30, 2008- sent application to USCIS

JUNE 09, 2008- USCIS received application

JUNE 12, 2008- NOA1s received

JUNE 16, 2008- BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT notice received

JULY 03, 2008- BIOMETRICS completed

JULY 07, 2008- TOUCHED!

AUGUST 14, 2008 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

AUGUST 15, 2008 - EAD touched

AUGUST 23, 2008 - received EAD CARD in the mail!!!

AUGUST 25, 2008 - Applied for ssn

SEPTEMBER 02, 2008- received SSN

SEPTEMBER 04, 2008 - passed written test (dmv)

SEPTEMBER 11, 2008 - 1st day @ WORK!!!

OCTOBER 06, 2008 - passed actual driving test =)

OCTOBER 27, 2008 - received NOTICE FOR INITIAL INTERVIEW

NOVEMBER 20, 2008 - I-485 & I-130 TOUCHED!

DECEMBER 03, 2008 - interview. 1030 am LOS ANGELES - IO Said will call by 5 pm if background check is not cleared!!!

DECEMBER 03, 2008 - 5:01 pm IO didnt call my lawyer. so i guess we're approved??? [178TH DAY)

DECEMBER 04, 2008 - I-485 "CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED" (cris email) [179th DAY]

DECEMBER 05, 2008 - I-130 touched

DECEMBER 10, 2008 - I-485 "CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED" (2nd cris email)

DECEMBER 12, 2008 - Approval Notice Sent (cris email)

DECEMBER 13, 2008 - Approval Notice & Welcome Letter RECEIVED in the mail (yey!!! WE THANK GOD!!) [188th DAY]

DECEMBER 17, 2008 - GREEN CARD received!!!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

NOVEMBER 12, 2010 - Sent package to CSC.

NOVEMBER 15,,2010- Received NOA1.

Regarding the new vaccination requirement, uhm..let's say we already filed for AOS last MAY, DO WE STILL need to get the new vaccines?

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0004718190aRCRD

Dr. L. E. Arnold

4534 Westgate Boulevard, Suite 106

Austin, TX 78745

Tel: (512) 444-3131

Fax: (512) 447-4699

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Contact your local board of health. They usually have adult immunizations for a very reasonable price. About $12 or so. The vaccinations are required for a reason and immunology is a very tricky thing. I strongly suggest abiding by the vaccination program.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0004718190aRCRD

Dr. L. E. Arnold

4534 Westgate Boulevard, Suite 106

Austin, TX 78745

Tel: (512) 444-3131

Fax: (512) 447-4699

I can say nothing but good things about Dr Arnold. We are lucky enough to live in Austin so we just went to the office.

NO. Read this page (there's a table towards the bottom): http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0004718190aRCRD

If your medical exam was before June 1, 2008 (it must have since you sent AOS in in May), you are exempt from the new TB requirements and new vaccines.

Timeline

We had some done in a free clinic for vaciantions. and only had to pay for one at civil surgeon. And call around to get cheapest price.

Truth of Palestine

take time to watch , give yourself time to understand. Then make your conclusions.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=676280059

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=242259905

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.