MarkGA

August 2008 Filers

5,874 posts in this topic

Thank Teekol :)

The hard bit is knowing we have waited 6 and a half months to get here and knowing that we may need to wait another 4 or 5 before we even see a NOA2.....

I am looking forward to it, and only 30 days till I get on a plane, I did me ETAS to get into the country today and that was approved so hopefully its a good start lol.

Grats on your pass at the interview Teekol, when are you planning on being together in the US again??

Thanks :) I should be flying out next Sat the 7th March. Havent booked the flights yet as havent got passports with visa in my hand and listening to peoples experiences i wasnt going to waste ££ booking a flight i may not have my visa in time for. Although there shouldnt be a problem.

I am trying to sqeeze everything into suitcases, am working out notice at work, notified my son's school, so am getting there :)

I sincerely hope you dont have to wait as long as you say you may. Cant you get your packet 3 ready while you wait to go back and take it with you? Then your parents can send you packet 3 you can fill it in and send from USA, rather than go back early? Just a thought.

K1 Visa - 2009

March 7th - POE Newark, NY

March 30th - received SSN

April 25th - Married

April 27th - Changed name on SSN

AOS

May 12th - AOS paperwork sent

Aug 20th - Interview in Philly

Aug 21st - GC production ordered

Aug 24th - Welcome to the USA letter received

Aug 31st - Rec'd son's GC

Sept 2nd - Rec'd my GC ....all set for 2 years now

LIFTING CONDITIONS

June 20th sent I-751 to Vermont

June 25th received at Vermont.

June 27th NOA date

July 2nd Packet returned as section not filled in correctly---how stupid am I?!?!?

July 5th Packet sent back (overnight delivery) to USCIS with form filled in correctly

July 6th Packet received and signed for at Vermont

August 18th Biometrics Appointment in Philly........JULY 27TH EARLY BIOMETRICS DONE

Nearly 1 year later!!!
....received notification for my son to get biometrics done!(May 15th 2012)

May 11th 2012 Son's biometrics done early

June 2012 - Notice of lifting of conditions received

June 12th - texts- GC in production

June 13th - text- GC in post

June 15th - Received GC's!!!!!!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Thank Teekol :)

The hard bit is knowing we have waited 6 and a half months to get here and knowing that we may need to wait another 4 or 5 before we even see a NOA2.....

I am looking forward to it, and only 30 days till I get on a plane, I did me ETAS to get into the country today and that was approved so hopefully its a good start lol.

Grats on your pass at the interview Teekol, when are you planning on being together in the US again??

Thanks :) I should be flying out next Sat the 7th March. Havent booked the flights yet as havent got passports with visa in my hand and listening to peoples experiences i wasnt going to waste ££ booking a flight i may not have my visa in time for. Although there shouldnt be a problem.

I am trying to sqeeze everything into suitcases, am working out notice at work, notified my son's school, so am getting there :)

I sincerely hope you dont have to wait as long as you say you may. Cant you get your packet 3 ready while you wait to go back and take it with you? Then your parents can send you packet 3 you can fill it in and send from USA, rather than go back early? Just a thought.

Hmm I guess I could do most of it, but I thought I had to do my medical and Fingerprints to be sent back with packet 3?

06-18-2006 Met online in WoW

04-25-2007 Admitted that we had feelings for each other started talking on skype everyday!

10-12-2007 Met in US in person for the first time, love at first sight lol, 2 perfect months together.

06-21-2008 Engaged

08-16-2008 Package finally put together and posted to Vermont! Let the real games begin.

08-21-2008 Delieved, least thats what Fedex told us....

08-27-2008 Check Cashed *dances* come on NOA1!!!!!

08-29-2008 NOA1

10-27-2008 RFE

11-10-2008 RFE returned

03-01-2009 Confirmed Case lost by USCIS

04-03-2009 Refiled K1 Visa application complete with expedite due to USCIS error.

05-14-2009 K1 package once again has vanished....

06-08-2009 Hired lawyer to proceed with Appeal process.

06-26-2009 Paperwork Fedex'ed to lawyer

07-02-2009 Lawyer submitted our suit to court

07-17-2009 Court day 2: Success, must respond by 21st August. - No result ever came from this.

10/06/2009 Withdrew K1 petition

10/10/2009 Married

10/24/2009 CR1 packet completed and posted

10/26/2009 Packet arrived at Chicago - And Submitted our Aussie application

11/04/2009 Application of CR1 returned - was rejected because of a "blurry zip code" we didn't bother to re-apply given that Chris had lost his job

04/05/2010 Australian application still pending

September 2010 - Chris arrived in Australia on Temporary Visa.

10/10/2011 - 2 year wedding anniversary - Chris to be granted Australian Permanent Residency

Summer 2012 - Planned immigration to USA.

*We have visited each other 8 times since 2007*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

im not in such a great mood.. well the interview was basicly denied because the co sponser is not living in the u.s.

right now i cant do anything i dont have any family and things so i dont know what we are going to do. this is b.s. if you ask me. give him the damn 90 day visa ya know. he says its not a denial just they want the ppaper but without the paper we cant do anything so even if they do keepp it a year they myaswell use mine to hold up a table or bathroom tissue. really i cant even write what i'm feeling cause i really dont know i just know its crazy that i can wait for somthing this long and 1 person say sorry come again.i know some people are still on here that dont like me and theyre getting thier jollys off laughing so gratz to you. to other people who need a co sponser my advise is not too start it unless you have a co sponser living in the u.s. with 6 months worth of bank statments (this is what he was told) ok im going to go scream and cry in my room for now then i'm going to write obama a small letter or somthing

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
im not in such a great mood.. well the interview was basicly denied because the co sponser is not living in the u.s.

right now i cant do anything i dont have any family and things so i dont know what we are going to do. this is b.s. if you ask me. give him the damn 90 day visa ya know. he says its not a denial just they want the ppaper but without the paper we cant do anything so even if they do keepp it a year they myaswell use mine to hold up a table or bathroom tissue. really i cant even write what i'm feeling cause i really dont know i just know its crazy that i can wait for somthing this long and 1 person say sorry come again.i know some people are still on here that dont like me and theyre getting thier jollys off laughing so gratz to you. to other people who need a co sponser my advise is not too start it unless you have a co sponser living in the u.s. with 6 months worth of bank statments (this is what he was told) ok im going to go scream and cry in my room for now then i'm going to write obama a small letter or somthing

Sorry to hear the bad news.

I don't quite understand what exactly happened (denial or not denial, but just a request for more documents to be brought at a later date), but I hope it all works out for you.

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

Timeline

I don't quite understand what exactly happened (denial or not denial, but just a request for more documents to be brought at a later date), but I hope it all works out for you.

if we cant get another sponser it doesnt matter how they word it right.. cause without somone else theres no way to get more papers he doesnt have family here and i dont have anyone so its basically over... well i dont know how people do it really im soooo upset and i cant even think of anyway to fix it. and then he went home to lay down and take a nap to think it over and im stuck here at my keppboard crying and driving myself more insane but im trying not to just lose it at this point

Hmm I guess I could do most of it, but I thought I had to do my medical and Fingerprints to be sent back with packet 3?

I forgot you arent in the UK, sorry. I dont know the requirements for Austrailia, but it may be something to look into.

When I sent back packet 3 to London I just had to send some forms back, say when my medical was scheduled or that one was being scheduled, sign a checklist to say I had the paperwork they listed and that I was ready to have an interview date. The fingerprints were taken at the Embassy.

K1 Visa - 2009

April 25th - Married

AOS

LIFTING CONDITIONS

June 27th NOA date

July 2nd Packet returned as section not filled in correctly---how stupid am I?!?!?

July 5th Packet sent back (overnight delivery) to USCIS with form filled in correctly

August 18th Biometrics Appointment in Philly........JULY 27TH EARLY BIOMETRICS DONE

Nearly 1 year later!!!

So sorry to hear your news. I am sure that no-one here will be laughing, we all know too well the hard road this is to travel.

Hopefully when you are over the shock of this you will be able to think of a way to sort it out.

My sincere wishes that you find a solution and can pick up where you left off.

K1 Visa - 2009

April 25th - Married

AOS

LIFTING CONDITIONS

June 27th NOA date

Nearly 1 year later!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

if we cant get another sponser it doesnt matter how they word it right.. cause without somone else theres no way to get more papers he doesnt have family here and i dont have anyone so its basically over... well i dont know how people do it really im soooo upset and i cant even think of anyway to fix it. and then he went home to lay down and take a nap to think it over and im stuck here at my keppboard crying and driving myself more insane but im trying not to just lose it at this point

I feel so sad to read this .... Candy I hope everything works right for you, and a miracle happens and you both find the way to be together.

Remember that there is always a way out.

Cry and scream all you need and let flow your unger and frustration, then when you are ready, start thinking and searching for options ... I really hope, with all my heart, you both find a way to solve this situation .

We always have options.

MARA, I am glad you are both seeing each other for about 2 months! thats great! I am really hoping yo get approved soon!

We are all such great persons, we all deserve to be with our SOs! and start being better persons having them by our side! :)

Hugs!

Mia

Noah & Mia

Our Timeline

01-10-2007 Met online

10-12-2007 Couldn`t stop talking by phone....started falling in love with each other

04-10-2008 Met in person for the first time (unforgetable feeling!!)

06-26-2008 Got engaged (it was a magic day)

08-11-2008 I-129F Sent

08-15-2008 NOA1 recieved

01-30-2009 NOA2 Approval Notice Sent!!!!!!

02-02-2009 Case at NVC

02-09-2009 Case at Caracas US Embassy

03-31-2009 K1 Visa Approved!!!!!!

The universe is listening to us and will grant what we ask of it. You and me. One - by Noah Feb 14th 2008

1. ASK make a command to the universe, let the universe know what you want.

2. BELIEVE believe that is already yours, have unwavering faith.

3. RECEIVE feel the way you will feel ones it arrives, be thankful.

......the universe will arrange it self, to give you what you want....

Timeline

everything went great except the co sponser isnt living in the u.s. fulltime even tho he is paying taxes here. they asked about the kids and how we met and everything :(

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

That's really dumb candy. If the co-sponsor is USC then they should consider that. Oh my... :(

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

My heart goes out to ya candy, I'm sorry.

Unfortunately if you do have a co-sponsor he or she must be in the U.S because your fiancee is immigrating here so therefore must be in the United States as well. That is one of the first things they look at in the interview, income. inmy SO's interview the first thing the CO looked at and took from her file was my tax statements and made sure I was making enough then on to the rest of the evidence. A waiver cannot be filed unless a co-sponsor can be found as soon as possible here in the United States.

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Timeline

yea and we just took it cause hes an american and has a company here as well as there and pays taxes here andall that good stuff it would be ok. but no such luck. the guy is asking someone here in thier family to do it but i dont know how thats gonna work out i think we are just out of luck. its going to be almost impossible for me to move to kuwait. i have 6 kids here 5 of which cant move. i have a house and stuff that would have to be sold but at the same time how can i not move now so really im just lost on what to do

Unfortunately if you do have a co-sponsor he or she must be in the U.S because your fiancee is immigrating here so therefore must be in the United States as well. That is one of the first things they look at in the interview, income. inmy SO's interview the first thing the CO looked at and took from her file was my tax statements and made sure I was making enough then on to the rest of the evidence. A waiver cannot be filed unless a co-sponsor can be found as soon as possible here in the United States.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I forgot you arent in the UK, sorry. I dont know the requirements for Austrailia, but it may be something to look into.

When I sent back packet 3 to London I just had to send some forms back, say when my medical was scheduled or that one was being scheduled, sign a checklist to say I had the paperwork they listed and that I was ready to have an interview date. The fingerprints were taken at the Embassy.

Thanks TeeKol, I think I will put up a post in the Aussie thread, I know I can make the appointment for the medical whilst i am over there, but I am slightly concerned about the fingerprints (they are taken at the local cop shop here)

Good luck with that packing I hope you can get everything to fit!

I feel so sad to read this .... Candy I hope everything works right for you, and a miracle happens and you both find the way to be together.

Remember that there is always a way out.

Cry and scream all you need and let flow your unger and frustration, then when you are ready, start thinking and searching for options ... I really hope, with all my heart, you both find a way to solve this situation .

We always have options.

MARA, I am glad you are both seeing each other for about 2 months! thats great! I am really hoping yo get approved soon!

We are all such great persons, we all deserve to be with our SOs! and start being better persons having them by our side! :)

Hugs!

Mia

Thanks Mia :) we worked it out so its like 87 days of the 90 day waiver lol yes we are using their system to our best advantage if all goes well.

My folks are going to write me a letter (i live with them) saying they expect me back on the 26th of June, and Im going to get one from the school I do supply work from, plus Im going to take a copy of our NOA1 and say why would i do this illegally now? I hope it all works and that is enough evidence to prove that im not going to be doing anything illegal :) If it does I will be home this time next month :D

Hopefully our NOA2 will show up whilst I am over there, that would be awesome (well actually getting it like tomorrow and having our case approved and a visa before I fly would be awesome lol and also unrealistic).

Candy, I am so sorry for your co-sponser situation. However if he is a USC and paying taxes is there not a way to work it to say he lives in the states but travels internationally for work? Other then that do you have a mate who could sign the form for you?

06-18-2006 Met online in WoW

04-25-2007 Admitted that we had feelings for each other started talking on skype everyday!

10-12-2007 Met in US in person for the first time, love at first sight lol, 2 perfect months together.

06-21-2008 Engaged

08-16-2008 Package finally put together and posted to Vermont! Let the real games begin.

08-21-2008 Delieved, least thats what Fedex told us....

08-27-2008 Check Cashed *dances* come on NOA1!!!!!

08-29-2008 NOA1

10-27-2008 RFE

11-10-2008 RFE returned

03-01-2009 Confirmed Case lost by USCIS

04-03-2009 Refiled K1 Visa application complete with expedite due to USCIS error.

05-14-2009 K1 package once again has vanished....

06-08-2009 Hired lawyer to proceed with Appeal process.

06-26-2009 Paperwork Fedex'ed to lawyer

07-02-2009 Lawyer submitted our suit to court

07-17-2009 Court day 2: Success, must respond by 21st August. - No result ever came from this.

10/06/2009 Withdrew K1 petition

10/10/2009 Married

10/24/2009 CR1 packet completed and posted

10/26/2009 Packet arrived at Chicago - And Submitted our Aussie application

11/04/2009 Application of CR1 returned - was rejected because of a "blurry zip code" we didn't bother to re-apply given that Chris had lost his job

04/05/2010 Australian application still pending

September 2010 - Chris arrived in Australia on Temporary Visa.

10/10/2011 - 2 year wedding anniversary - Chris to be granted Australian Permanent Residency

Summer 2012 - Planned immigration to USA.

*We have visited each other 8 times since 2007*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
everything went great except the co sponser isnt living in the u.s. fulltime even tho he is paying taxes here. they asked about the kids and how we met and everything :(

file taxes showing higher income...that's the only thing i can think of unless you've done so. You know no one in the US? Apparently Thailand doesn't accept cosponsors at all which sucks

7/21/08 I 129f K-1 app given to Siam Legal Lawyers office

8/3/08 K-1 I 129f Sent (Atty Ofc made mistake delayed app, we learned later)

8/14/08 NOA-1

1/23/09 RFE Color Passport Picture

1/29/09 RFE Color Pics sent

2/3/09 RFE Pics USCIS acknowledged

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

5/15/09 Embassy Sent Packet 3 (we did not receive-they have correct addresses)

6/19/09 Packet 3 to Embassy

6/28/09 Appointment (packet 4) never mailed, had to ask to get email-they've got correct addresses

7/23/09 Interview Scheduled for 7:00am (A YEAR AFTER SUBMISSION)!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/28/09 Pick up visa

8/11/09 She came to the USA with me!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
yea and we just took it cause hes an american and has a company here as well as there and pays taxes here andall that good stuff it would be ok. but no such luck. the guy is asking someone here in thier family to do it but i dont know how thats gonna work out i think we are just out of luck. its going to be almost impossible for me to move to kuwait. i have 6 kids here 5 of which cant move. i have a house and stuff that would have to be sold but at the same time how can i not move now so really im just lost on what to do

6 kids, oh my! I guess.....oh my.....

I've got 2 that I needed to make enough to cover (other wise I wouldn't have gone down that path knowing I'd have so basically support 3 dependents for a while).

Thought about a k3 or is it the same? How would you get along with 6 kids and another dependent? I can't imagine....I guess you can only do what you can do. That's all I'm doing... I'm putting in the paperwork and leaving it up to the K1 gods and if it doesn't work, it doesn't work.

7/21/08 I 129f K-1 app given to Siam Legal Lawyers office

8/3/08 K-1 I 129f Sent (Atty Ofc made mistake delayed app, we learned later)

8/14/08 NOA-1

1/23/09 RFE Color Passport Picture

1/29/09 RFE Color Pics sent

2/3/09 RFE Pics USCIS acknowledged

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

5/15/09 Embassy Sent Packet 3 (we did not receive-they have correct addresses)

6/19/09 Packet 3 to Embassy

6/28/09 Appointment (packet 4) never mailed, had to ask to get email-they've got correct addresses

7/23/09 Interview Scheduled for 7:00am (A YEAR AFTER SUBMISSION)!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/28/09 Pick up visa

8/11/09 She came to the USA with me!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.