MarkGA

August 2008 Filers

5,874 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I have a quick question (I hope).

I just got a new job (!!yay!) and I start on Monday (umm...). Problem is, we are SMACK dab in the middle of interview papers. ie. gathering proof of income, letter from employer etc.

My lawyer told me that I do not need a letter from current job, just from the new job. Reading previous posts....I'm nervous...Does it need to say how long I have worked at the new job? Because if we are trying to prove longevity, I dont think that will be too impressive.

Any ideas? suggestions?

Sarah,

I dont think it matters. You need to prove income, but that is done by your tax documents. New job? Big deal, people change jobs all the time. I think you can get through even without a job if you show you have assets.

Dont worry, I dont think you will have any problems. :thumbs: Just to be safe, if you have check stubs from old job, bring those too and letter from new employer. That shows consistantly working and your tax documents for last year should cover you also.

Congrats on the approval, maybe it'll finally start reigning down those vermont approvals now... course we could use a few more california approvals too but VSC is way over due for some serious action.

If my fiancee is lucky she is done with the medical or finishing up, I tried to call her to maybe give her some confidence or help her laugh a little because she's nervous about the medical (not about passing, she's just not looking forward to the whole disrobing part). I sent a few text's so hopefully that helped a little...

I'll probably give calling her another shot just before I go to bed, odds are she isn't that lucky and we expect it to take pretty much all day.

Maliciant, Did she need to get a lot of immunizations? My Fiance doesnt really have ANY records for past immunizations, so I think she will have to get them all. but I dont know if they do them all at once, or some and then require more later or how that works. Since your first, what can you tell me?

This waiting sucks!!!!

WE ARE APPROVED!!!!!! I was sad all day and then I get home tonight from work and check my box and what did I see a I-797 notice.....weird thing is....I never received any touches and it still states my status is pending.....notice date was January 15,2009........I'm speechless..........

Congratulations!

Edited by Chuck and Grace

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Our timeline:

9/3/08: Submitted I-129

9/5/08: CSC received

9/8/08: NOA1 date

11/12/08: Requested expedite (promised response by 11/17/08)

11/19/08: Received status info by calling USCIS - Additional info sent

12/4/08: Call from CSC & "Touch"

12/4/08 to 12/22/08: Too many calls & faxes to mention, NO RESPONSE!

12/22/08: NOA2 Approval!

12/30/08: NVC forwarded petition to Embassy in Tokyo

12/31/08: Letter from NVC stating they forwarded petition

1/4/09: Received Letter from NVC

1/7/09: Packet Issued from Tokyo Embassy

4/18/09: Tokyo still unable to grant interview, moved to Philippines.

6/22/09: Our daughter was born (more embassy paperwork)

6/30/09: Reqeusted transfer of case to Manila

8/26/09: Visited embassy in Manila AGAIN, personally requested transfer of case (no record in their system)

11/4/09: Case Transferred from Tokyo to Manila - no notice sent

12/5/09: Notification that Manila received the case.

12/30/09: Interview packet received from Manila

1/25/10: Medical check in Manila (took 4 days)

2/1/10: Interview - requested additional docs,

2/2/10: Additional docs submitted, Embassy kept passports - expect visa soon.

4/5/10: Received Visa FINALLY!

4/12/10: Entry to USA

8950.gif

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Well, she survived the dreaded day 1 of the medical, I always read they take your passport and thought it was on day 1 but they don't take it and keep it until day two. You find out if you passed on day 2 too it seems, though she's not so worried about that now.

There is two days of medical????

What all do they check on??? Do you know?

2nd day is the interview right? that is when they would keep the passport. But in philippines, EVERYTHING is slow - some call it relaxed, but any way you look at it, it is slow. SO 2 days of medical is possible. :lol:

Our timeline:

8/26/09: Visited embassy in Manila AGAIN, personally requested transfer of case (no record in their system)

8950.gif

Timeline

Hi folks,

God is indeed faithful~

I got my visa just on time! i got it today and tomorow im gonna go to CFO seminar and book my flight.

pls pray for me, im getting so sad! but well i have to leave my family and everything here for my fiance and baby.

thanks for all the advises and help and hope during my aos process, i can still confide in you...

God be with you all.

jazz

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
This waiting sucks!!!!

WE ARE APPROVED!!!!!! I was sad all day and then I get home tonight from work and check my box and what did I see a I-797 notice.....weird thing is....I never received any touches and it still states my status is pending.....notice date was January 15,2009........I'm speechless..........

Congrats!!! :dance: so happy for you. Your approval simply gives me hope too. :devil:

we - March,26 2008

Got engaged - July, 18 2008

Sent application (VT)- August, 22 2008

Package received- August, 25 2008

Check cleared - August, 28 2008

Recieved NOA1 - August, 30 2008

Nov-15 traveled to Pakistan to spend time with Irum

Jan-4 arrived back in USA after spend 7 weeks with Irum.

Jan-25 got approved notice online.

Jan-28 received NOA2 in mail.

Jan-29 NVC received

Jan-29 NVC Sent (wow that was quick)

Feb-04 Letter recieved from NVC.

Feb-05 State department confirmed over the phone that the packet 3 has been posted.

Feb-06 recieved packet 3 by mail today.

Feb-27 Packet 3 sent back to Islamabad embassy.

Mar-9 Recieved the interview date letter.

Mar-30 Interviewed and got the Visa (waiting on the passport)

April-2 Got the physical passport

April-16 Entered USA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi folks,

God is indeed faithful~

I got my visa just on time! i got it today and tomorow im gonna go to CFO seminar and book my flight.

pls pray for me, im getting so sad! but well i have to leave my family and everything here for my fiance and baby.

thanks for all the advises and help and hope during my aos process, i can still confide in you...

God be with you all.

jazz

Good luck on your journey. :thumbs:

we - March,26 2008

Got engaged - July, 18 2008

Sent application (VT)- August, 22 2008

Package received- August, 25 2008

Check cleared - August, 28 2008

Recieved NOA1 - August, 30 2008

Nov-15 traveled to Pakistan to spend time with Irum

Jan-4 arrived back in USA after spend 7 weeks with Irum.

Jan-25 got approved notice online.

Jan-28 received NOA2 in mail.

Jan-29 NVC received

Jan-29 NVC Sent (wow that was quick)

Feb-04 Letter recieved from NVC.

Feb-05 State department confirmed over the phone that the packet 3 has been posted.

Feb-06 recieved packet 3 by mail today.

Feb-27 Packet 3 sent back to Islamabad embassy.

Mar-9 Recieved the interview date letter.

Mar-30 Interviewed and got the Visa (waiting on the passport)

April-2 Got the physical passport

April-16 Entered USA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Congratz Rod and Lu!!!

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss :thumbs:

(Boy I missed saying this)

There is hope for you guys just wait a bit!.

JAZZ: You are going to be all right, just think of the new beautiful family you are going to raise.

Take care! :star:

Our Timeline:

11/1999 - We met in Ecuador

02/05/00 - Relationship started

09/08/06 - Engaged & Pregnant!

03/13/08 - I filed for Citizenship

07/22/08 - Became US Citizen

08/02/08 - I-129F sent

08/13/08 - Case received by VSC

08/16/08 - NOA1

08/18/08 - Touched

12/18/08 - Touched again exactly 4 mos. after 1st touch!

12/18/08 - Noa2 @ 3PM-Gracias Dios Mio!

12/24/08 - NVC sent pckg. 3 to Embassy

01/02/09 - Pckg 3 rcvd. by Embassy

01/09/09 - Pckg 3 from Embassy received by beneficiary

02/09/09 - Medical exam

02/16/09 - Sent back checklist and docs required by embassy.

03/13/09 - We will fly to see Daddy Gary

03/16/09 - 1 PM Interview (Pray God he gets visa)

03/16/09 - 5PM INTERVIEW PASSED WOOHOO. Thank God.

03/25/09 - Visa on hand! he went to DHL office after phone call received.

04/18/09 - My Cuchi came, (NYC)a wonderful unbelievable moment!:)

04/20/09 - We applied for marriage licence. (Township Municipal Bldg Health Dept.)

04/23/09 - Licence on hand

04/29/09 - Applied for Social Security (He was in system!)

04/30/09 - Wedding day!!! Yeeebaa

05/07/09 - SS card in mail. "valid for work only with DHS authorization"

05/13/09 - Sent AOS paperwork.

06/16/09 - Biometrics Apptmt.

06/25/09 - EAD Card in mail!

06/26/09 - Letter saying case transfered to Cali.

08/08/09 - Residence Card in Mail! Yuuupiiiiiii.

THE END FOR 2 MORE YEARS.

I don´t need patience if I have love. Ah I que Viva mi Guayaquil Carajo!

-Cuchita-

Timeline

Chuck and Grace: The philippines has a reputation for being slow... but I can't knock it so far, compared to many other august filers I feel like the philippines is way ahead so far... of course that's primarily dependant on the embassy and that's got piles of americans possibly affecting the 'culture' of how things get run there... I don't know... I will say the way the system operates for getting various docs is different, and in some cases it seems unnecesarily slow, but in the end, it's probably pretty comparable to america for how long it takes to get various documents like birth certs and such.

About the medical... here is what I know. I believe the medical is always two days no matter the country, I don't know this for sure, so if someone knows better correct me... but the general way it works is the first day you basically get a physical, they do blood work to check for things like HIV/AIDS, you get to pee in a cup for a pregnancy test (I assume only the women do this), you get to get naked and be examined by a doctor, I am under the impression they can only examine by sight but this may be philippines specific (the sight only exam part... I'm sure everyone gets to disrobe for an inspection). They are looking for communicable diseases (of significant concern... something like HPV while bad, and may be noted in your medical if there are signs... is not considered a concern as it's already very common in the US anyway). They apparently have the testing facilities to check the blood work and everything on site, the second day you go back for two things, to get the results of the medical testing, and to get the actual immunizations. I think that's probably a standard procedure in all countries due to the need to do the testing... it's possible maybe richer countries will have more capable testing facilities that can do it all on one day, but I doubt it... more likely some places the second day of the medical could be scheduled a week later. If they have reason to do a culture test for TB for example, that takes a few weeks I guess, it's not routine to do it, just if some other test indicates a possible possitive, but obviously that's a pain if it happens.

They also look for scars, indications of attempted suicide can be an issue, if you have scars in a classic suicide attempt location like your wrists (especially if it's BOTH) then you can expect to have even more medical, as they'll require a psych exam, I'm assuming they also look for indications of drug use though they may not routinely test for this... there will be questions in the medical about drug use and alcohol even, if you've ever used a drug that is illegal in the US, you better have a doctors prescription, this is one of the big things people fail medical with, even when it's pretty much ancient history (this is one of the few areas that people here on VJ will routinely advocate hiding, as the US stance on this is extremely zero tolerance... admit to using cocain once 15 years ago and expect denial... I think there is a waiver you can file in that case but yikes, if my fiancee had any reason to say yes to any drug question I'd probably have told her to say NO unless there was some kind of public record about it).

They'll take an x-ray of your chest, I think this is primarily to look for TB symptoms, but it might also be to look for other things, this may or may not be routine in all countries, it probably is routine for any poor country but I'm guessing it's considered unnecessary in the UK for example.

They'll likely ask questions about your medical history (I am listing this last but it's probably one of the first steps of course). They apparently determine on your first day there what immunizations you need. The immunizations are based on a few things, not everyone will have the same shots to get... Age, gender and immunization history will determine this. Females up to age 26 need to get the HPV vaccine (it's a three shot process done over several months, but they only give you the first injection). The MMR shot (not sure what it's for but it's pretty common that most people get it) can interfere with pregnancy so if you are pregnant you can't get that vaccine, it's also strongly advised you don't get pregnant within a month of the shot. You are not required to get the vaccinations for the k-1 visa btw, and for example if you are pregnant you can't get at least one of them, you must do the vaccinations for AOS though so it's best to get them at the initial medical (you can probably avoid a second medical in the US if you don't put off AOS).

My fiancee will be getting 4 shots, I know one is the MMR, and I'm sure another is the HPV vaccine, but I don't know the other ones. Many of the various vaccination shots are for more than one disease, so those 4 shots may cover a lot of vaccinations (she had no records and likely doesn't know what she's been vaccinated against so for her age and gender she's getting them all).

Finally... I have to admit I had a hard time falling asleep last night, I wasn't so much worried about the interview, or at least I didn't think so... but if I got 3 hours sleep I'd be surprised... gonna be a long day at work today.... Also, I recommend hitting the regional forums for your specific country, that's where people seem to post their medical experiences, you can read what they said they had to do there, as some things may vary by country... I only read the philippines forum and off topic (aka the american forum?). Oh yeah, another small detail, the doctor wrote 1-22-2008 in her passport for the medical date... instead of 2009!

One last OH YEAH... my fiancee said they asked her if she had completed college (or maybe completed her degree)... and the first day of her last period... this is the first time I ever saw anything about asking about college though maybe it's because most people either don't go or go and finish (she was 1 semester short of getting her degree, her family had surprise medical bills so she stopped college and got a job to help out).

Edited by maliciant

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
This waiting sucks!!!!

Oh my god!!! congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! yeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii VSC approval!!!!!!!!! wuujuuuuuuuuuu!! :dance:

You didnt get any e-mail???? WOW this is AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!! I know we are getting ours really soon!!! :dance:

Hi folks,

God is indeed faithful~

God be with you all.

jazz

jazz!!! dont be sad!! you will be seeing them in a few months!!!:) you should be happy!! you are meeting your fiance and baby!!! yeiiiiiiiiiii :dance: I hope you have a safe trip!!!! i am so happy for all the people who already got their visa YEIIIIIIIIIII

Noah & Mia

Our Timeline

01-10-2007 Met online

10-12-2007 Couldn`t stop talking by phone....started falling in love with each other

04-10-2008 Met in person for the first time (unforgetable feeling!!)

06-26-2008 Got engaged (it was a magic day)

08-11-2008 I-129F Sent

08-15-2008 NOA1 recieved

01-30-2009 NOA2 Approval Notice Sent!!!!!!

02-02-2009 Case at NVC

02-09-2009 Case at Caracas US Embassy

03-31-2009 K1 Visa Approved!!!!!!

The universe is listening to us and will grant what we ask of it. You and me. One - by Noah Feb 14th 2008

1. ASK make a command to the universe, let the universe know what you want.

2. BELIEVE believe that is already yours, have unwavering faith.

3. RECEIVE feel the way you will feel ones it arrives, be thankful.

......the universe will arrange it self, to give you what you want....

Timeline

Thanks Maliciant, but I was expecting a little more detail.

You never once mentioned the doctors name, the color of their eyes, how big the needle is, Come ON! give us some important information! :lol:

Our timeline:

8950.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Hi folks,

God is indeed faithful~

God be with you all.

jazz

I can only imagine how hard this would be; sending happy thoughts your way :luv:

Date I-129F Sent: 8-4-08
Date I-129F NOA1: 8-6-08
Date I-129F NOA2: 12-214-08
Date left NVC: 1-7-09
Packet 3: 1-23-09
Medical appt: 2-20-09
Packet 3 Returned: 3-8-09
Packet 3 Received at Embassy: 3-10-09
Interview Date: 4-24-09! PASSED :)
Visa In Hand: 4-19-09
POE in San Fran: 8-16-09!
Wedding: 09-09-09
Mailed AOS: 10-22-09 :))) (FINally)
AOS signed for: 10-26-09
Check cashed: 10-30-09
NOA I-797 (Register, EAD and Travel) for both guys: 10-30-09
Biometrics: 11-25-09
Travel Docs approved: 12-11-09
EAD Approval: 12-15-09
Travel Docs received: 12-19-09
EAD Cards received: 12-24-09
AOS Interview: 1-14-10 Passed!!
Cards ordered: 1-21-10
Cards arrived: 1-28-10
Mailed I-751: 10-17-2011
NOA I-751: 10/19/2011
Biometrics: 11/21/2011
RFE: 4-6-2012
RFE: Response sent 4/18/2012
NOA: I-797 5/1/2012
Cards arrived: 5/31/2012

N-400 Naturalization mailed: 11-12-15 :luv::joy:

NOA N-400 received: 11-18-15

Biometrics: 12-10-15
Oath/Citizen!: 03/01/2016
We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love. ~Author Unknown

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Thanks Maliciant, but I was expecting a little more detail.

You never once mentioned the doctors name, the color of their eyes, how big the needle is, Come ON! give us some important information! :lol:

For real Dude... ;)

Seriously though..that was helpful thanks :)

Date I-129F Sent: 8-4-08
Date I-129F NOA1: 8-6-08
Date I-129F NOA2: 12-214-08
Date left NVC: 1-7-09
Packet 3: 1-23-09
Medical appt: 2-20-09
Packet 3 Returned: 3-8-09
Packet 3 Received at Embassy: 3-10-09
Interview Date: 4-24-09! PASSED :)
Visa In Hand: 4-19-09
POE in San Fran: 8-16-09!
Wedding: 09-09-09
Mailed AOS: 10-22-09 :))) (FINally)
AOS signed for: 10-26-09
Check cashed: 10-30-09
NOA I-797 (Register, EAD and Travel) for both guys: 10-30-09
Biometrics: 11-25-09
Travel Docs approved: 12-11-09
EAD Approval: 12-15-09
Travel Docs received: 12-19-09
EAD Cards received: 12-24-09
AOS Interview: 1-14-10 Passed!!
Cards ordered: 1-21-10
Cards arrived: 1-28-10
Mailed I-751: 10-17-2011
NOA I-751: 10/19/2011
Biometrics: 11/21/2011
RFE: 4-6-2012
RFE: Response sent 4/18/2012
NOA: I-797 5/1/2012
Cards arrived: 5/31/2012

N-400 Naturalization mailed: 11-12-15 :luv::joy:

NOA N-400 received: 11-18-15

Biometrics: 12-10-15
Oath/Citizen!: 03/01/2016
We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love. ~Author Unknown

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
Hi folks,

God is indeed faithful~

God be with you all.

jazz

Congratulations!

Our timeline is exactly the same... up to the point where our case got eaten by NVC. Five weeks later, we're still not out. =(

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hi folks,

God is indeed faithful~

God be with you all.

jazz

Good luck on your journey. :thumbs:

Yes it will come soon for you.....just a little while longer......

Rod and Lu

rodandlu.jpg

Some questions they ask for on your medical (Philippines - St. Lukes)

1. Any Major operations?

2. Do you have Asthma?

3. Are you allergic to any medicine or food?

4. Do you smoke marijuana?

5. Do you smoke cigarettes?

6. Do you drink alcohol?

7. Have you ever had Chicken pox? (if yes) Where are the marks?

8. Have you ever had an abortion?

9. Have you ever attempted to commit suicide?

10. When was your last menstrual cycle?

11. What are those scars? How did you get them?

12. Do you have dentures? Any permanent fillings?

13. How many pregnancies? Any miscarriages?

14. When was the last time you had sexual contact? How was it?

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.