MarkGA

August 2008 Filers

5,874 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I can't believe I just had to rescue the august thread from page 2... if fred were here... he wouldn't stand for this!!!

Chuck: I know how you feel... I'm looking forward to making you insanely jealous in a few weeks (I only get two weeks but if all goes well she'll fly back with me!!!).

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

150 days for me :huh: usually this is when people get approved....i'll start hoping more now :D

:) Keep those hopes up!

I called CSC today, just to see what they would tell me...I mean after an RFE I should have been approved right away right? So before I even said anything, I asked for either a supervisor or an actual immigration officer, and the lady that answered said she was an IO. I asked her why it was taking so long when I know for a fact that September and October filers are being approved at CSC. She said that it should not be much longer...whatever that means...

I was really expecting an approval by the end of this week, let's see... we have all of today and Friday to hope for this week, but next week, Monday all USCIS centers are closed for a federal holiday (MLK day). And so that is going to slow down processing I think...

*sigh* All we can do is hope and wait....

And if for some retarded reason I am not approved by the time I hit my 180 day mark, then I will have to get my senator involved, because according to the USCIS-CSC processing time, 6 months is the approx time. But really, I am not thinking about that at this point.

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
150 days for me :huh: usually this is when people get approved....i'll start hoping more now :D

I called CSC today, just to see what they would tell me...I mean after an RFE I should have been approved right away right? So before I even said anything, I asked for either a supervisor or an actual immigration officer, and the lady that answered said she was an IO. I asked her why it was taking so long when I know for a fact that September and October filers are being approved at CSC. She said that it should not be much longer...whatever that means...

I was really expecting an approval by the end of this week, let's see... we have all of today and Friday to hope for this week, but next week, Monday all USCIS centers are closed for a federal holiday (MLK day). And so that is going to slow down processing I think...

And if for some retarded reason I am not approved by the time I hit my 180 day mark, then I will have to get my senator involved, because according to the USCIS-CSC processing time, 6 months is the approx time. But really, I am not thinking about that at this point.

I dont know Marm, we have been calling several times just to have a piece of mind, to see if they have our case, whether there was some problem and they told us we should be approved by the end of this month, i dont understand why they moved to sept and oct only God knows how exactly they work, we shall wait and see what they will do, hopefully they inform the people who approve the petitions that there are many calls and they will do something about it :)

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Good luck Jazz.... :thumbs: come back with a Visa!!! :dancing:

we - March,26 2008

Got engaged - July, 18 2008

Sent application (VT)- August, 22 2008

Package received- August, 25 2008

Check cleared - August, 28 2008

Recieved NOA1 - August, 30 2008

Nov-15 traveled to Pakistan to spend time with Irum

Jan-4 arrived back in USA after spend 7 weeks with Irum.

Jan-25 got approved notice online.

Jan-28 received NOA2 in mail.

Jan-29 NVC received

Jan-29 NVC Sent (wow that was quick)

Feb-04 Letter recieved from NVC.

Feb-05 State department confirmed over the phone that the packet 3 has been posted.

Feb-06 recieved packet 3 by mail today.

Feb-27 Packet 3 sent back to Islamabad embassy.

Mar-9 Recieved the interview date letter.

Mar-30 Interviewed and got the Visa (waiting on the passport)

April-2 Got the physical passport

April-16 Entered USA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Hi All...I'm back in the US and sad of course...but looking forward as we all are. Just checking in to see where everyone is. When I make it down to the mailbox this morning I'll see what is there and call the atty after that. Good luck to everyone doing whatever they're doing at his point! (Too far behind to get caught up now!!)

Date I-129F Sent: 8-4-08
Date I-129F NOA1: 8-6-08
Date I-129F NOA2: 12-214-08
Date left NVC: 1-7-09
Packet 3: 1-23-09
Medical appt: 2-20-09
Packet 3 Returned: 3-8-09
Packet 3 Received at Embassy: 3-10-09
Interview Date: 4-24-09! PASSED :)
Visa In Hand: 4-19-09
POE in San Fran: 8-16-09!
Wedding: 09-09-09
Mailed AOS: 10-22-09 :))) (FINally)
AOS signed for: 10-26-09
Check cashed: 10-30-09
NOA I-797 (Register, EAD and Travel) for both guys: 10-30-09
Biometrics: 11-25-09
Travel Docs approved: 12-11-09
EAD Approval: 12-15-09
Travel Docs received: 12-19-09
EAD Cards received: 12-24-09
AOS Interview: 1-14-10 Passed!!
Cards ordered: 1-21-10
Cards arrived: 1-28-10
Mailed I-751: 10-17-2011
NOA I-751: 10/19/2011
Biometrics: 11/21/2011
RFE: 4-6-2012
RFE: Response sent 4/18/2012
NOA: I-797 5/1/2012
Cards arrived: 5/31/2012

N-400 Naturalization mailed: 11-12-15 :luv::joy:

NOA N-400 received: 11-18-15

Biometrics: 12-10-15
Oath/Citizen!: 03/01/2016
We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love. ~Author Unknown

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Congratz!

Yessssssssssssssssss :thumbs:

But that's not enough approvals thou :whistle:

Hi folks,

Been a member for several months but my first post here. Want to let you all know that our petition was approved today by VSC! There really is hope for all of you out there feeling like it will never come!!

BTW, we were 166 on the NEW Igor's List when the approval came today. VJ said adjudication between January 22 and February 9.

Thanks to everyone for making this community so valuable. On to NVC and HCMC!!!

-Todd

Our Timeline:

11/1999 - We met in Ecuador

02/05/00 - Relationship started

09/08/06 - Engaged & Pregnant!

03/13/08 - I filed for Citizenship

07/22/08 - Became US Citizen

08/02/08 - I-129F sent

08/13/08 - Case received by VSC

08/16/08 - NOA1

08/18/08 - Touched

12/18/08 - Touched again exactly 4 mos. after 1st touch!

12/18/08 - Noa2 @ 3PM-Gracias Dios Mio!

12/24/08 - NVC sent pckg. 3 to Embassy

01/02/09 - Pckg 3 rcvd. by Embassy

01/09/09 - Pckg 3 from Embassy received by beneficiary

02/09/09 - Medical exam

02/16/09 - Sent back checklist and docs required by embassy.

03/13/09 - We will fly to see Daddy Gary

03/16/09 - 1 PM Interview (Pray God he gets visa)

03/16/09 - 5PM INTERVIEW PASSED WOOHOO. Thank God.

03/25/09 - Visa on hand! he went to DHL office after phone call received.

04/18/09 - My Cuchi came, (NYC)a wonderful unbelievable moment!:)

04/20/09 - We applied for marriage licence. (Township Municipal Bldg Health Dept.)

04/23/09 - Licence on hand

04/29/09 - Applied for Social Security (He was in system!)

04/30/09 - Wedding day!!! Yeeebaa

05/07/09 - SS card in mail. "valid for work only with DHS authorization"

05/13/09 - Sent AOS paperwork.

06/16/09 - Biometrics Apptmt.

06/25/09 - EAD Card in mail!

06/26/09 - Letter saying case transfered to Cali.

08/08/09 - Residence Card in Mail! Yuuupiiiiiii.

THE END FOR 2 MORE YEARS.

I don´t need patience if I have love. Ah I que Viva mi Guayaquil Carajo!

-Cuchita-

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

10 approvals for VSC for this week so far...

Jazz- take care and good luck!!! You can do it sister!

the waiting game is still on...

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I dont know Marm, we have been calling several times just to have a piece of mind, to see if they have our case, whether there was some problem and they told us we should be approved by the end of this month, i dont understand why they moved to sept and oct only God knows how exactly they work, we shall wait and see what they will do, hopefully they inform the people who approve the petitions that there are many calls and they will do something about it :)

Marm, Dani.. I do call USCIS Every day to get an update, but they never say anything usefull ... so lets wait girls, I know it is coming soon!

Jazz Good luck on your interview! Everything is going to be OK!!!:)

HD yeah we are still waitingm still positives! Our Approval is closer!!!! :star:

Noah & Mia

Our Timeline

01-10-2007 Met online

10-12-2007 Couldn`t stop talking by phone....started falling in love with each other

04-10-2008 Met in person for the first time (unforgetable feeling!!)

06-26-2008 Got engaged (it was a magic day)

08-11-2008 I-129F Sent

08-15-2008 NOA1 recieved

01-30-2009 NOA2 Approval Notice Sent!!!!!!

02-02-2009 Case at NVC

02-09-2009 Case at Caracas US Embassy

03-31-2009 K1 Visa Approved!!!!!!

The universe is listening to us and will grant what we ask of it. You and me. One - by Noah Feb 14th 2008

1. ASK make a command to the universe, let the universe know what you want.

2. BELIEVE believe that is already yours, have unwavering faith.

3. RECEIVE feel the way you will feel ones it arrives, be thankful.

......the universe will arrange it self, to give you what you want....

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

i see many of the friends here engaged june 2008 it must have been a special month worldwide :) we did it on 22 :)

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

GOOD LUCK on the interview Jazz...

I was 120 on Igor's list yesterday..

today 116 :(

I've past the 150 days...still no sign of any touches or NOA2...

is it possible to get an RFE 5 months later???? I hope not...my mind is looking for reasons why i have not yet received my NOA2...

scares me because my fiance's student visa is expiring on Jan 19 2009. But he is applying for an extension which most likely he would get..but maybe not for another month or two. But this allows him to stay in London until the extension gets processed. I'm not sure if that would be a problem......

Hope al goes well...

Timeline

July 97 We met for the first time in Sri Lanka

Sept 97 Left Sri Lanka (Kept in touch for 5 yrs via phone and air mail

Aug 05 Met in London for ONE hr during my transfer flight back to United States. (Fiance on student visa-UK)

Sept 06 Went to London for 2 wks (it went soooooo fast :o()

Aug 08, 2008 Sent out I 129 F

Aug 13 I 129F received at Vermont Service Center

Aug 14 NOA1

Aug 19 touched.......waiting for my NOA2...i want to skip the touches :-(

Jan 21 NOA2 as written on notice

Jan 23 NVC received petition

Jan 26 NVC sent out petition to London Consulate

Jan 26 2009 Received NOA2 copy via air mail (letter states approval Jan 21st) YEAAHHH!!!![/color]

Feb 5 2009 letter sent out from UK embassy of US (package 3)

Feb 9 2009 fiance (petitioner) received package 3

Jun 23 2009 sent package 3

Jun 26 2009 embassy received package 3

July 23 2009 fiance received package 4 for interview dated August 7, 2009 @ 8AM

August 7, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!

Nov 4, 2009 POE in New York

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

172 on ignor's list! :unsure:

This week has been really dry for approvals. :angry: I really hope we get an "approval rain" next week. It is Mid- Jan. Most of us have already passed the 5 month waiting period.

Where are the approvals??? :angry:

Hi All...I'm back in the US and sad of course...but looking forward as we all are. Just checking in to see where everyone is. When I make it down to the mailbox this morning I'll see what is there and call the atty after that. Good luck to everyone doing whatever they're doing at his point! (Too far behind to get caught up now!!)

Welcom back!!!

we - March,26 2008

Got engaged - July, 18 2008

Sent application (VT)- August, 22 2008

Package received- August, 25 2008

Check cleared - August, 28 2008

Recieved NOA1 - August, 30 2008

Nov-15 traveled to Pakistan to spend time with Irum

Jan-4 arrived back in USA after spend 7 weeks with Irum.

Jan-25 got approved notice online.

Jan-28 received NOA2 in mail.

Jan-29 NVC received

Jan-29 NVC Sent (wow that was quick)

Feb-04 Letter recieved from NVC.

Feb-05 State department confirmed over the phone that the packet 3 has been posted.

Feb-06 recieved packet 3 by mail today.

Feb-27 Packet 3 sent back to Islamabad embassy.

Mar-9 Recieved the interview date letter.

Mar-30 Interviewed and got the Visa (waiting on the passport)

April-2 Got the physical passport

April-16 Entered USA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.