franklie

Bar girl and K1

135 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
If you listen to some comedians and rap artist, they say that you can't turn a hoe into a housewife... :unsure:

:bonk: you've not been reading this thread, have you?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=88120

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

If you listen to some comedians and rap artist, they say that you can't turn a hoe into a housewife... :unsure:

No, I haven't.... I've just been waiting for a thread that I could post some nonsense in... :devil:

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Timeline

No, I haven't.... I've just been waiting for a thread that I could post some nonsense in... :devil:

drop by and add a few :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I bet you could turn a housewife into a hoe and make a little extra bling money!

my blog: http://immigrationlawreformblog.blogspot.com/

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

Timeline

I bet you could turn a housewife into a hoe and make a little extra bling money!

:lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline
So that would be a hosewife?

:rofl:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

While I would agree that one's livelihood doesn't make a person, I mean no offense on what I'm going to say next, I AM A FILIPINA, AND I AM ON K1 AS WELL, BUT I AM NOT A BAR GIRL. And I certainly didn't like the fact that we Filipinas are stereotyped as one.

God Bless Everyone.

Edited by rockbabyrock27

K1

California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : APRIL 26, 2008

I-129F NOA1 : MAY 1, 2008

Touched : MAY 14, 2008

Touched : SEP 9, 2008

I-129F NOA2 : SEP 9, 2008

Medical: Nov7 and Nov10 PASSED!

Interview Date : NOV 17, 2008 Pink Slip!!!

Visa Received : NOV 22, 2008

US Entry : NOV 24, 2008 POE: GUAM

Marriage : January 8, 2009

Comments : I AM LOVING COLORADO!!!

AOS (I-485, I-765, I-131)

AOS Packet Sent: Feb 21, 2009

NOA1 Received in the mail: Mar 2, 2009

Biometrics appointment letter received: Mar 9, 2009

Biometrics: Mar 25, 2009

Advance Parole Approved: Apr 29, 2009

EAD Approval Date: May 6, 2009

Advance Parole received in the mail: May 7, 2009

Interview: July 20, 2009 APPROVED

Card Production Ordered: July 21, 2009

Welcome to America Letter Received: July 27, 2009

fortcollins5.jpg

Sorry all, I missed the reg being quoted in the earlier post.

By the way, I want to say for the record what most of the guys reading this are thinking. That earlier statement about most K-1 applicants was stupid.... just stupid. The vast majority of Philipina K-1 applicants are honest, decent people who give up everything they know to be with the person they love most. The issue we discuss here never figures into their visa journey, and we all know this.

yesssssss!!!! :thumbs:

= Lifting Conditional Status =

=TIMELINE=

June 01, 2012 = Date Filed

2uy0dqv9l9c.png

[GOD,i thank you so much for answering my prayers..Thank you so much...

Is Cebu really the hotspot for what they call "bargirls"? that most of the foreign men would be the first choice to go when it comes to hotstuff? As we may all notice when it comes to k1 beneficiary Visayan places is the call. I guess, things just work out between them.

I happen to know a story that was just also shared to me that there was a girl who used to work in the Bar and she is from Cebu too, she was able to join her fiancée in the states, but the guy's family never accepted her due to her background.. :(

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just want to point out a couple of things.

1.) It is NOT true that most K1 applicants from the Philippines are "bar girls" (whatever that means... someone that works in a bar???).

2.) Cebu is NOT a hotspot with lots of "bar girls". Thats just stereotyping.

I-129F Sent------------------------------------------04.21.2008

Interview Date---------------------------------------09.12.2008 (white and pink slip)

Visa Received----------------------------------------10.20.2008

US Entry----------------------------------------------10.29.2008 (POE: Detroit)

Marriage----------------------------------------------12.18.2008

(Cant file AOS yet, had to wait after filing taxes)

AOS packet sent w/ EAD----------------------------03.19.2009

NOA1 - Receipt Notice-------------------------------03.27.2009

1st Biometrics Appointment Notice-----------------03.31.2009 (for I-485 & I-765)

Transfer Notice (to CSC)----------------------------04.09.2009

1st Biometrics Schedule-----------------------------04.21.2009 (Attendant said either my fingerprints had slightly faded or their scanning machine sucks... #######?!)

2nd Biometrics Appointment Notice----------------04.23.2009 (*sigh*)

2nd Biometrics Schedule----------------------------05.14.2009 (for I-485)

Received EAD (sent by mail)-----------------------05.18.2009

Welcome Notice-------------------------------------06.01.2009 (for I-485)

Approval Notice and Resident Card received------06.11.2009

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
I have a nephew who wants to petition his girlfriend from the Philippinnes to the US on a K1 visa. I did a search of the forums to see if this issue had ever been brought up and have found nothing.

The following is the letter that was sent to me by my nephew

Hey Uncle Frank,

As you know I met this wonderful Filipina girl, Marla, 4 months ago. We’re pretty serious about our relationship and would like to get married. Mom said that you were in process to be married to a nice Mexican girl (BTW congrats) and said you were a member of website that was helping you in the process of bringing her to the US and if I had any questions to ask you.

I have a question for you: Marla and I met when she was a bar girl in Cebu. She said that she was doing it to help out her family. She stopped working in the bar a week ago because she felt our relationship was more important. If I want to bring her back to the US and marry her on a K1 visa will her being a bar girl affect the process? My friends say that it shouldn’t be a problem for me because most of the K1 petitions are for former bar girls. What do you think?

I have no experience with the Philippines but I do have experience with Americans trying to bring Mexican fiances to the US. The Mexican bar girls/ prostitutes have to register with the local police and they receive a health card that has to be signed off every month by the health authorities. The American consulate does a check with the local police authorities to see if the woman being petitioned has been or is registered as a prostitute.

Will her being a bar girl/prostitute derail the K1 visa?

Thanks in advance for the help :thumbs:

Hi Uncle Frank,how;s ur nephew and his gf doing now?been couple of months.Actually,i justt read this post and a lots of vj's here are aware about your post.But anyway,what's the bar girl really is?I mean,for some people understanding-bar girls are whores,sluts ot whatever you call it.And now what?What's the deal iof marrying a former bar girl?what are the conclusion?bar girls cheat?can't be trusted?jsut want $?There are 4.1% divorce files each yr for every 1,000 population here in America-Reason,either the wife or husband cheats,husband can't give enough material things to wife,lock of communication and trust.Filipinas probably dont speak english fluently but we know how to communicate.More and more white guys are marrying asians especially Filipinas,either bar girl or degree holders.A woman is a woman-no matter what you do in life and whatever your status in the society if you do horrible things that could damage your self and your marriage-the be it.Being a bar girl or a former bargirl is not a crime-to dreamed of a good life isn't a crime either! Just do the right thing and dont step or hurt no one to fullfill that dream.Goodluck to your nephew!He'll surely be wearing a sweet smile before he closes his eye every single night. :thumbs:

Edited by wemissedbigdaddy

LOVE IS PATIENT, LOVE IS KIND. IT DOES NOT ENVY, IT DOES NOT NOT BOAST, IT IS NOT PROUD. IT IS NOT RUDE, IT IS NOT SELF-SEEKING, IT IS NOT EASILY ANGERED, IT KEEPS NO RECORD OF WRONGS. LOVE DOES NOT DELIGHT IN EVIL BUT REJOICES WITH THE TRUTH. IT ALWAYS PROTECTS, ALWAYS TRUST, ALWAYS HOPES, ALWAYS PERSEVERSE. LOVE NEVER FAILS.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
hmmm this discussion's gone far... just have her medical coz dude "herpes is forever"-pineapple express.. :devil:

:yes:

09/28/08-green card received

1-751

07/02/10-mailed it 2day

07/06/10-they received my application forms

07/13/10-received notice receipt(gc extended for one year)

07/28/10-received biometric appointment

09/23/10 GC approved!!!

9/26/20 Gota pproval notice

10/01/10 GC receivedd

event.png

I never knew how much love my heart could hold until my son called me "MOMMY."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.