franklie

Bar girl and K1

135 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I have a nephew who wants to petition his girlfriend from the Philippinnes to the US on a K1 visa. I did a search of the forums to see if this issue had ever been brought up and have found nothing.

The following is the letter that was sent to me by my nephew

Hey Uncle Frank,

As you know I met this wonderful Filipina girl, Marla, 4 months ago. We’re pretty serious about our relationship and would like to get married. Mom said that you were in process to be married to a nice Mexican girl (BTW congrats) and said you were a member of website that was helping you in the process of bringing her to the US and if I had any questions to ask you.

I have a question for you: Marla and I met when she was a bar girl in Cebu. She said that she was doing it to help out her family. She stopped working in the bar a week ago because she felt our relationship was more important. If I want to bring her back to the US and marry her on a K1 visa will her being a bar girl affect the process? My friends say that it shouldn’t be a problem for me because most of the K1 petitions are for former bar girls. What do you think?

I have no experience with the Philippines but I do have experience with Americans trying to bring Mexican fiances to the US. The Mexican bar girls/ prostitutes have to register with the local police and they receive a health card that has to be signed off every month by the health authorities. The American consulate does a check with the local police authorities to see if the woman being petitioned has been or is registered as a prostitute.

Will her being a bar girl/prostitute derail the K1 visa?

Thanks in advance for the help :thumbs:

Edited by franklie

Si me dieran a elegir una vez más_____ Nos casamos: el 01 de Julio 2008

te elegiría sin pensarlo _______________ Una cita con una abogada para validar la info de VJ: el 24 de Agosto, 2008 (Ya ella me cree)

es que no hay nada que pensar_______ El envio del I-130: el 26 de Agosto 2008

que no existe ni motivo ni razón ______ Entregado a las 14:13 PM en el 26 de Agosto, 2008 en CHICAGO, IL. Firmado por V BUSTAMANTE.

para dudarlo ni un segundo ___________ La 1ra Notificación de Acción (NOA1): el 29 de Agosto 2008

porque tú has sido lo mejor ___________ El cheque al USCIS cobró: el 2 de Septiembre, 2008

que todo este corazón ________________ Un toque el 19 de septiembre, 2008

y que entre el cielo y tú

yo me quedo contigo

-Franco deVita

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

bar girls are not per say prostitutes,and sex is never for sure It's a sad fact that many of the bar girls did prostitute themselves in an effort to climb out of a poverty .They have regrets and hopes They are people, no better and no worse than those who would have them erased from Filipino history.anyway i think it will make no diffarance.

Timeline

I found this somewhere else ("So what did a barfine get you? The only thing a patron was guaranteed was that the girl would be allowed to leave the bar with him. This came as a rude shock to some Olongapo newcomers, who assumed that the fine ensured him of a night of sex. It did not. True, the girls were highly encouraged by the bar owners to consent to sexual requests, and the girls themselves sometimes did so simply to ensure another barfine the next day, but the girls were not obligated to do anything. On most first "dates" the best you could hope for was a kiss, unless the girl was an unabashed "professional." Most were not, however. Most were girls from villages or other islands who served customers drinks most of the night, but who suffered the indignity of wearing a one piece bathing suit every hour or so in order to keep their jobs. They did this in order to make a few pesos for their family, and more often than not, in order to find a nice American guy who was marriage material so that she and her family might actually have a future of some kind. These Filipinas tended to cluster together in groups for safety and solace, and seethed whenever they were compared (usually by an uninformed media) to the professional gals that danced naked on the runways of perimeter bars. It was a very unfair comparison. One might just as well compare a waitress at Hooters to a girl in a Thai massage parlor. It was unfair, and the less promiscuous girls were horrified at the image the public thrust on them.")

Timeline

I disagree if he love her and she feels the same and he met her he should spend time with her get to know her better but job douse not make the person.

Edited by stuartx13

Hoes need love too... :unsure:

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Timeline

There's a Bible story that deals with adultery, but which could apply to any sin, including prostitution (or false witness...):

(John 8: 3-11) The scholars and the Pharisees brought to Jesus a woman who had been caught in adultery and they made her stand in front of him. "Teacher," they said to him, "this woman was caught in the act of adultery. In the Law, Moses ordered us to throw stones at such a woman until she was dead. What do you say we should do?"

They asked Jesus this to test him, hoping that his answer would give them something to accuse him of. But Jesus crouched and with his finger wrote in the dust that covered the ground. Still, they kept asking him what should be done, so eventually he stood up and said, "Anyone among you who is without sin, let him throw the first stone at her." Then he crouched down again, and again began writing in the dust.

Convicted by their own consciences, each man slowly left, the oldest and wisest leaving first, until not a single accuser remained. Now there was only the woman, and Jesus. When they were alone, Jesus stopped writing and stood up. He looked at her and said, "Woman, where are your accusers? Didn't anyone condemn you?"

"No one, my Lord," she said.

"Neither do I condemn you," he said. "Now, go forth, and sin no more."

I quoted stuartx13! Very well said!

I am a Filipina, not a bar girl or anything like that though, but I find bar girls just any kind of girl. Some eople are sometime discremanating/judgmental but anyway I respect everybody's opinion.

About your question, I don't think there's such thing as tracing the fiance's "track record" unless you say so? Who knows where your nephew met his fiance? I don't suggest lieing but your nephew can just say he met her somewhere else if theya re not confident enough? Whatever it is.... I strongly believe that her being "bar girl" will not be a problem anyway. I don't know any case like this but I think it should not be ground for rejecting the VISA after all. I believe strip teasing is legal in the U.S.? Whatever, I don't know much.

How about your nephew coming here in the Philippines and get married here? That would be less problem, they can get CR-1.

I found this somewhere else ("So what did a barfine get you? The only thing a patron was guaranteed was that the girl would be allowed to leave the bar with him. This came as a rude shock to some Olongapo newcomers, who assumed that the fine ensured him of a night of sex. It did not. True, the girls were highly encouraged by the bar owners to consent to sexual requests, and the girls themselves sometimes did so simply to ensure another barfine the next day, but the girls were not obligated to do anything. On most first "dates" the best you could hope for was a kiss, unless the girl was an unabashed "professional." Most were not, however. Most were girls from villages or other islands who served customers drinks most of the night, but who suffered the indignity of wearing a one piece bathing suit every hour or so in order to keep their jobs. They did this in order to make a few pesos for their family, and more often than not, in order to find a nice American guy who was marriage material so that she and her family might actually have a future of some kind. These Filipinas tended to cluster together in groups for safety and solace, and seethed whenever they were compared (usually by an uninformed media) to the professional gals that danced naked on the runways of perimeter bars. It was a very unfair comparison. One might just as well compare a waitress at Hooters to a girl in a Thai massage parlor. It was unfair, and the less promiscuous girls were horrified at the image the public thrust on them.")

Filed: Timeline
There's a Bible story that deals with adultery, but which could apply to any sin, including prostitution (or false witness...):

(John 8: 3-11) The scholars and the Pharisees brought to Jesus a woman who had been caught in adultery and they made her stand in front of him. "Teacher," they said to him, "this woman was caught in the act of adultery. In the Law, Moses ordered us to throw stones at such a woman until she was dead. What do you say we should do?"

They asked Jesus this to test him, hoping that his answer would give them something to accuse him of. But Jesus crouched and with his finger wrote in the dust that covered the ground. Still, they kept asking him what should be done, so eventually he stood up and said, "Anyone among you who is without sin, let him throw the first stone at her." Then he crouched down again, and again began writing in the dust.

Convicted by their own consciences, each man slowly left, the oldest and wisest leaving first, until not a single accuser remained. Now there was only the woman, and Jesus. When they were alone, Jesus stopped writing and stood up. He looked at her and said, "Woman, where are your accusers? Didn't anyone condemn you?"

"No one, my Lord," she said.

"Neither do I condemn you," he said. "Now, go forth, and sin no more."

Unfortunately, Consular Officers and the various forms that need to be filled up during the process do not take Bible stories as valid explanation!!!

I have a question for you: Marla and I met when she was a bar girl in Cebu. She said that she was doing it to help out her family. She stopped working in the bar a week ago because she felt our relationship was more important. If I want to bring her back to the US and marry her on a K1 visa will her being a bar girl affect the process? My friends say that it shouldn't be a problem for me because most of the K1 petitions are for former bar girls. What do you think?

Will her being a bar girl/prostitute derail the K1 visa?

Thanks in advance for the help :thumbs:

I beg to disagree on the highlighted statement. There may be former bar girls but I believe MOST of K1 petitions are for filipinas working in less questionable fields. There are lawyers, doctors, researchers, teachers, designers, web programmers, sales reps, entreprenuers, accountants, nurses, sales ladies in department stores, etc. Former bar girls constitute the minority.... well at least here on vj and also amongst the people who filed K1 or K3 visas outside vj that I know of.

Saying somebody was a bar girl has negative connonotation but I agree with stuart, bar girls do not automatically mean they are/were prostitutes. And even if they were, if they are truly reformed then there is no problem giving them a fair chance in love right?

Perhaps this old thread could be of help: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...109645&st=0

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hoes need love too... :unsure:

Um, if your nephew would do some reading on the internet about bargirls and the life they live, he might change his mind. I have found many, many men that have a lot to say...just yahoo "cebu bargirls."

Product-500.jpg

phsmall.gif

Vermont Service Center

I-129F Sent : 05-07-08

I-129F NOA1 : 05-15-08

Touched : 06-26-08

NOA2 : 08/29/08

ApprovaL NVC sent:09/01/08

Arrived @ NCV :09/03/08

called NVC 09/04/08 received case #*

NOA2 hard copy in mail Sept. 6, 2008

LetteR from NVC: Sept. 8, 2008

Left NVC : Sept. 24, 2008 > Arrived Sept. 29th

Medical Oct. : 7/13/2008 passed!

Interview date: Oct. 20,2008 7am ***APPROVED***

Visa delivery : Oct. 23,2008

Arrival in USA : oCt. 29 ,2008 POE Houston, Tx.

Life is good !!

<

Timeline

Some of you all are hopeless any girl that works in a bar is called a bargirl that don't mean they were barfind,thats like saying any girl that works in a bar hear were prostitutes,give me a brake :ranting: And i bet most of those were the 65 year old man marrying a 20 year old who's taking advantage of who? i think you know the answer to that.

Edited by stuartx13

Some of you all are hopeless any girl that works in a bar is called a bargirl that don't mean they were barfind,thats like saying any girl that works in a bar hear were prostitutes,give me a brake :ranting: And i bet most of those were the 65 year old man marrying a 20 year old who's taking advantage of who? i think you know the answer to that.

True!

It's kinda like guilt by association with the whole bar thing.

As fas as this huge age gap between the petitioners and beneficiaries are concerned, hey if I were 50 - 65 and single, I'd want some young firm plump booty and tatas too and the bonus is that the women are generally very sweet and nuituring (not to mention beautiful). What man in his right mind wouldn't want that... Well, to be honest, it works out for both parties involved. :devil: I say it is a sum-sum game whereas both come out ahead (no pun intended).

Now, this is a guy’s prospective and I have tried to write it just like I was talking with one of the guys.

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

p.s. - Please excuse me because I did write this post candidly for the shock factor…

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have a question for you: Marla and I met when she was a bar girl in Cebu. She said that she was doing it to help out her family. She stopped working in the bar a week ago because she felt our relationship was more important. If I want to bring her back to the US and marry her on a K1 visa will her being a bar girl affect the process? My friends say that it shouldn’t be a problem for me because most of the K1 petitions are for former bar girls. What do you think?

:rofl: :rofl: Was your friend referring to the Philippines? Let your friend make a stand on this, did he conduct any research on the statistics on K1 petitions and got into a conclusion as MOST K1 BENEFICIARIES ARE FORMER BAR GIRLS? :lol: OR he could refer us to a reliable source before he can let anyone believe about this information. :innocent::whistle:

I don't think it will affect any process with your fiance' being a former bar girl as long as you could prove a "genuine relationship".

Good luck!

Edited by AllRightsReserved

Our Medical Experience

K1/K2 Interview Experience

glitterfy-flpbk9170423469534.gif

AOS/EAD/AP

09/11/09 *** Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

09/12/09 *** Received/signed by R.Mercado

09/17/09 *** NOA1 (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/21/09 *** NOA1 Hardcopy received (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/24/09 *** Biometrics Appointment Letter Rcvd 10/19, 11am

09/29/09 *** Appt. to correct typographic name error (referred for biometrics..done)

10/06/09 *** RFE: Form 1040 of recent tax yr

10/20/09 *** Processing resumed

10/21/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/22/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/27/09 *** Transferred to CSC (AOS)

10/28/09 *** Touched(AOS)

10/29/09 *** Notices sent: EAD card production, AP approved

10/30/09 *** Touched (EAD/AP)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AOS: processing resumes at CSC)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/03/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/04/09 *** AP approval letter received

11/03/09 *** Card production (EAD)

11/04/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/05/09 *** Touched (EAD)

11/06/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/07/09 *** EAD Card received

12/07/09 *** Welcome Notice mailed

12/08/09 *** Card production (AOS)

12/10/09 *** Approval notice mailed

12/12/09 *** GREEN CARD received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.