franklie

Bar girl and K1

135 posts in this topic

Since she quit her job that was helping support her family. Who's next in line to support her family now??

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Interesting issue.

My say to the nephew. . there is no harm in trying. Go for it, maybe you will be luckier. I have read about a number of american men who were deceived by their non-bar girl fiancees after wrriving here. Its all about trusting your instincts. Prostitute or not, everyone deserves to be happy. This girl HAD to sell her flesh to support her family. Not a decent job but it is I believe more admirable compared to those who refuse to find jobs and just sit the whole day and wait for a family member to send them money from abroad.

Prostitutes are all over the world. It has been called the oldest profession and they are everywhere and I bet there are countless men out there who are married to one and are happy. Pretty Woman :)

Goodluck to him.

Peace

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
In addition, most people are pretty judgemental when it comes to prostitution. The common theme seems to be prostitute=evil, dirty woman.

the important thing you should take from this thread is that it's highly frowned on by the federal government (and indeed can be grounds for being ruled inadmissible to the usa).

Edited by charlesandnessa

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

In addition, most people are pretty judgemental when it comes to prostitution. The common theme seems to be prostitute=evil, dirty woman.

the important thing you should take from this thread is that it's highly frowned on by the federal government (and indeed can be grounds for being ruled inadmissible to the usa).

Yeah and kick out all the american prostitutes from the USA so governors and mayors will no longer be an embarassment to our government.

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Yeah and kick out all the american prostitutes from the USA so governors and mayors will no longer be an embarassment to our government.

no - kick out the governors and mayors who hire them... or at least vote the schmucks out.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Old saying!" You can take the girl out of the bar but you can't take the bar out of the girl".

Besides that if US embassy manila has any inkling that the beneficiary was a prostitude or even associated with such she will be denied.

My Filipina wife doesn't have any respect for bargirls who took the "easy" way out instead of working a decent respectable lower paying job as MANY pinay have done and are doing.

I don't think it's an easy way out; hence, people usually describe those kind of job as "kapit sa patalim." C'mon now, how could it be an easy way out to sell your body? for strangers to play with your body? I wonder if that decent respectable lower paying job can that the bar girl can find cannot feed herself or her family. Should she let her family die from starvation?

I just love it when people are quick to judge /jump give their comment when they are never been in those kind of situation and don't know how it feels to be in that situation.

For the record, I am not a bar girl. I'm just a lurker. Someone from pinoyexchange.com posted this site regarding a very controversial topic.

:thumbs: speedo...that's all i can say :dance: Just lurking..Lol..I told frostysoftyeaton that i will not comment on this because sounds like for me the original poster want some troubles...(sorry if i maybe wrong!!!grinning)or he just really honest in asking about the quiry of his nephew.Smile

AOS TIMELINE

Feb.06,2009-AOS,AdvanceParole And EAD Sent Chicago,IL(USPS Exp

Feb.13,2009-3 NOA's (AOS,AP & EAD)

Mar. 10,2009-Biometric For AOS & EAD

April 18,2009-AP Received

April 25,2009-EAD Received

May 04,2009-Applied For SSN

May 19,2009-SSCard Received

May 26,2009-Passed The Texas Driver's Written Exam,Got A Learner's Permit:)

June 19,2009-Interview Letter Received

July 28,2009-Interview(Irving,TX)Approved & Now Working Too:

August 13,2009-2 Years Greencard Received:

August 18,2009-Got My 7 Years Texas Driver's License(Thank GOD:))

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

REMOVING OF CONDITION:

4/27/11-Mailed My I-751 @ VSC.

5/5/11-Check Cashed.

5/2/11-NOA(Received 5/5/11)

6/9/11-Biometric Appointment

1/17/12-Approval Letter Received(Approved 1/12/12)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

N-400 Application:

9/7/12-Application Submitted @USCIS DALLAS

9/8/12-Application Received

9/12/12-Check Cashed

9/13/12-NOA Received.

9/13/12-Biometrics Appointment Mailed Accrding to USCIS Site:).

10/3/12-Biometrics

12/3/12=Interview(Done)

1/3/13-Oath Ceremony

Filed: Timeline
All people defending her are not looking at it from immigration point of view. We can sit here and defend her/ her occupation/ the reasons that compeled her to become one... Bottomline is - What does the USCIS/ the government think... They think that anybody who has been engaged in this occupation in the past 10 yrs is inelligible for a visa. There is no point painting a rosy/ romantic picture of it - Real life and the Government does not go by 'Pretty Woman'

All people defending her are not looking at it from immigration point of view. We can sit here and defend her/ her occupation/ the reasons that compeled her to become one... Bottomline is - What does the USCIS/ the government think... They think that anybody who has been engaged in this occupation in the past 10 yrs is inelligible for a visa. There is no point painting a rosy/ romantic picture of it - Real life and the Government does not go by 'Pretty Woman'

Exactly :thumbs:

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

:thumbs: speedo...that's all i can say :dance: Just lurking..Lol..I told frostysoftyeaton that i will not comment on this because sounds like for me the original poster want some troubles...(sorry if i maybe wrong!!!grinning)or he just really honest in asking about the quiry of his nephew.Smile

I'm just a lurker. I'm not a petitioner nor the petitionee. I don't really have any reason to be here in Visa Journey. Some one from pinoyexchange.com posted this messageboard and I checked it out out of curiosity.

I wish the nephew best of luck whatever path he chose.

I speak my mind, so please don't take it personally.

I'm here at VJ to help 'Reshape the Filipina Image Online.' <- click

I'm just a lurker. I'm not a petitioner nor the petitionee. I don't really have any reason to be here in Visa Journey. Some one from pinoyexchange.com posted this messageboard and I checked it out out of curiosity.

Strange how the OP comment about bargirls originally offended all the lovely PI girls who watch VJ, then when he tried to fix/explain it, some girls really got angry. The intent was never to discuss her motivation, just his chances of getting her a visa, and why. The comment itself was tactless, but the OP was about immigration, not prostitution.

Edited by Brad and Vika

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
:dance::thumbs::star: GO for it. If the love each other that is all that matter. It sound like her love for him is strong since she has stop working in a bar. It may a little hard, but they large number of girls here in the US that worked in a bar in the Philippines. Good Luck and God bless.

OUR Time Line;

Nov 4, 2004 Met on YM Pool Game Chat room

Dec 30, 2005 Surprized her with our 1st meeting in person

Dec 31, 2005/Jan 1, 2006 Got Engaged

Jan 10, 2006 Had my 56th Birthday party in Philippines

Jan 11, 2006 Left the go come back Home

Mar 20, 2006 Found out Sonia was Pregnant

Oct 7, 2006 Our son was born

Nov 5, 2006 Arrived in the Philippine for a visit

Nov 11, 2006 Had our son Basptized

Nov 19, 2006 Left the Philippines again

July 31, 2007 Mailed inI 129 F was mailed in

Aug 13, 2007 Received

Sep 25, 2007 I 797 Notice of Action Mailed out

Feb 25, 2008 NAO2 has been approve sent to Manila.

Mar. 31, 2008 Made phone call about interview set dates

Apr. 15, 2008 Medical Exam St. Luke (GOOD TO GO!!!!!)

Apr. 24, 2008 Interview(APPROVED AND WAITING VISA)

Jun. 6, 2008 Finally got Visa at about VISA[/size]

Aug. 05, 2008 On a jet plane head for the Philippines to get my family

Aug. 06, , 2008 we are together again

AUGUST 19, 2008 POE Seattle, WA.

NOV. 8, 2008 Wedding

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
I posted mine already and this is from my hubby's side:

I find the wording of your question Offensive as i am shocked u do not after your nephew just called your fiancee a prostitute though they are people 2 and trying 2 earn a living like everyone else sounds like your nephew has a serious problem to brag 2 all of your friends u r marrying a prostitute does not sound like some one in love though i have no problem with the profession a lot of people do and 2 brag of it 2 all of his friends shows he has little respect 4 his girl and 2 tell everyone else they are marrying a prostitute whether for some it is true or not is offensive my girl had a good office job she did not work at a bar but if she had that would be between us i would beat any friend of mine 2 a pulp for even suggesting it and i am shocked that u did not take your nephew over your knee after he suggested it about your fiancee have u asked her what she thinks about it finally most country's it is legal or tolerated and i have not seen job requirements on any of the forms

Form DS-230 page 3 Question 30 part B -

Question 30 starts as -

United States laws governing the issuance of visas require each applicant to state whether or not he or she is a member of any class of

individuals excluded from admission into the United States. The excludable classes are described below in general terms. You should read

carefully the following list and answer YES or NO to each category. The answers you give will assist the consular officer to reach a decision

on your eligibility to receive a visa.

EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED BY LAW, ALIENS WITHIN THE FOLLOWING CLASSIFICATIONS ARE INELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE A VISA.

DO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING CLASSES APPLY TO YOU?

part b -

An alien convicted of, or who admits having committed, a crime involving moral turpitude or violation of any law relating

to a controlled substance or who is the spouse, son or daughter of such a trafficker who knowingly has benefited from the

trafficking activities in the past five years; who has been convicted of 2 or more offenses for which the aggregate

sentences were 5 years or more; who is coming to the United States to engage in prostitution or commercialized vice or

who has engaged in prostitution or procuring within the past 10 years; who is or has been an illicit trafficker in any

controlled substance; who has committed a serious criminal offense in the United States and who has asserted immunity

from prosecution; who, while serving as a foreign government official, was responsible for or directly carried out particularly

severe violations of religious freedom; or whom the President has identified as a person who plays a significant role in a

severe form of trafficking in persons, who otherwise has knowingly aided, abetted, assisted or colluded with such a

trafficker in severe forms of trafficking in persons, or who is the spouse, son or daughter of such a trafficker who knowingly

has benefited from the trafficking activities within the past five years

The question is if she was engaged in prostitution, then they will have problems with the visa process

This is the real information, Frank, that your nephew needs and for the rest who have said it's not a problem. She would be denied a visa because of her admitted prostitution.

It'd be best to tell your nephew straight up that bringing her here is out of the question.

I find the wording of your question Offensive as i am shocked u do not after your nephew just called your fiancee a prostitute though they are people 2 and trying 2 earn a living like everyone else sounds like your nephew has a serious problem to brag 2 all of your friends u r marrying a prostitute does not sound like some one in love though i have no problem with the profession a lot of people do and 2 brag of it 2 all of his friends shows he has little respect 4 his girl and 2 tell everyone else they are marrying a prostitute whether for some it is true or not is offensive my girl had a good office job she did not work at a bar but if she had that would be between us i would beat any friend of mine 2 a pulp for even suggesting it and i am shocked that u did not take your nephew over your knee after he suggested it about your fiancee have u asked her what she thinks about it finally most country's it is legal or tolerated and i have not seen job requirements on any of the forms

Question 30 starts as -

United States laws governing the issuance of visas require each applicant to state whether or not he or she is a member of any class of

individuals excluded from admission into the United States. The excludable classes are described below in general terms. You should read

carefully the following list and answer YES or NO to each category. The answers you give will assist the consular officer to reach a decision

EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED BY LAW, ALIENS WITHIN THE FOLLOWING CLASSIFICATIONS ARE INELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE A VISA.

part b -

An alien convicted of, or who admits having committed, a crime involving moral turpitude or violation of any law relating

to a controlled substance or who is the spouse, son or daughter of such a trafficker who knowingly has benefited from the

trafficking activities in the past five years; who has been convicted of 2 or more offenses for which the aggregate

sentences were 5 years or more; who is coming to the United States to engage in prostitution or commercialized vice or

who has engaged in prostitution or procuring within the past 10 years; who is or has been an illicit trafficker in any

controlled substance; who has committed a serious criminal offense in the United States and who has asserted immunity

from prosecution; who, while serving as a foreign government official, was responsible for or directly carried out particularly

severe violations of religious freedom; or whom the President has identified as a person who plays a significant role in a

severe form of trafficking in persons, who otherwise has knowingly aided, abetted, assisted or colluded with such a

trafficker in severe forms of trafficking in persons, or who is the spouse, son or daughter of such a trafficker who knowingly

The question is if she was engaged in prostitution, then they will have problems with the visa process

This is the real information, Frank, that your nephew needs and for the rest who have said it's not a problem. She would be denied a visa because of her admitted prostitution.

It'd be best to tell your nephew straight up that bringing her here is out of the question.

But apparently there are a fair number of ex-bargirls here now. They are prepared to testfy that it is possible, presumably if both parties lie consistently about her history. So my position earlier was that clearly, in an environment of honesty an full disclosure, there is no chance of approval for the reasons you give above. If however they choose to lie for sake of a "pretty woman" type result, approval can be obtained.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Strange how the OP comment about bargirls originally offended all the lovely PI girls who watch VJ, then when he tried to fix/explain it, some girls really got angry. The intent was never to discuss her motivation, just his chances of getting her a visa, and why. The comment itself was tactless, but the OP was about immigration, not prostitution.

I wasn't offended by the OP's comment. I couldn't careless if his nephew is marrying a former hooker nor I care about his nephew's comment that most K1 petitions are former bar girls.

I wasn't planning to reply, but when I read Haole's wife comments stating that prostitution is an easy way out, I just have to say something.

People who were quick to judge the "former" bar girl should get down off their high horses. You don't know what kind of situation she is in.

Edited by speedo

I speak my mind, so please don't take it personally.

I'm here at VJ to help 'Reshape the Filipina Image Online.' <- click

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Question 30 starts as -

part b -

But apparently there are a fair number of ex-bargirls here now. They are prepared to testfy that it is possible, presumably if both parties lie consistently about her history. So my position earlier was that clearly, in an environment of honesty an full disclosure, there is no chance of approval for the reasons you give above. If however they choose to lie for sake of a "pretty woman" type result, approval can be obtained.

Lying about her previous history of prostitution constitutes fraud and any encouragement or advice given to that effect is a violation of this website's TOS. Choose what you say here wisely.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.