13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Good day to all.

Myself and my fiancee has recently wed and received a marriage certificate (She arrived under K1 visa). At this point we are ready to start applying for AOS.

But while reading the guide I have realized that we do not have some of the documents.

Currently we do not have a copy of I-693, Medical Exam (she completed medical exam in Russia) it was taken away at the boarder when she arrived to the US.

Also we do not have vaccination supplement (I-693A) she never received it during medical exam and they wouldn't provide it.

Can anyone give a good advice what we need to do?

My understanding she probably doesn't need another medical exam, but what about I-693a (Vaccination supplement)?

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Timeline

I sent the vaccination statement from the K-1 interview (DS3025 I believe is the doc number). Of course, our AOS applications haven't been APPROVED yet....

Oh, and it's my understanding that as long as the medical was done within the last year, another isn't needed.

Edited by KGSodie

------------------K1 Timeline------------------

05 Jul 2007: Mailed I129F petition

06 Jul 2007: CSC received petition

09 Jul 2007: NOA-1 Issued

10 Jul 2007: My check clears the bank

13 Jul 2007: I receive NOA-1 in the US Mail

19 Nov 2007: Touched

19 Nov 2007: USCIS website shows APPROVED

23 Nov 2007: I receive NOA-2 in the US Mail

12 Dec 2007: NVC receives petition

14 Dec 2007: NVC ships petition to Moscow embassy

19 Dec 2007: Moscow embassy receives petition

26 Feb 2008: Interview at Moscow embassy

13 Mar 2008: Received visa

18 Mar 2008: POE in Atlanta

09 May 2008: Wedding

-----------------AOS Timeline------------------

16 Jun 2008: Submittal for AOS

23 Jun 2008: NOA1 for AOS (I485, I765, I131)

24 Jun 2008: AOS checks cashed

15 Jul 2008: Biometrics appointment

04 Sep 2008: Received I-485 Interview letter

05 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Approved

08 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Received

29 Sep 2008: I-485 Interview (I-551 Stamp received)

07 Oct 2008: Green cards received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I-693 is a USCIS form, and is not used over seas. K-Visas exam info was in the brown envelope and USCIS already have this, what they need is vaccination information for AOS.

You need to get foreign vaccination record, OR get vaccinated and get record transfered to vaccination part of I-693

Many Civil surgeons want to hit you with a full medical, dont let them.

I simply brought a copy of I-485 directions to the doctor's office and pointed to where it says:

8. Fiancé(e)s.

If you are a K-1 fiancé(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment-of-status application.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

The doctor quickly dropped his fee to $30

You can also do this with a copy of form I-693

2. What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical exam overseas?

If you were admitted as a:

A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e), or as a

B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen, and

C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then-

a. You are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination.

b. You will, however, be required to complete Part 1, Information about you, and submit the vaccination section of Part 2 with your adjustment of status application. A designated civil surgeon must complete the vaccination section and Part 5, the Civil Surgeon's Certification.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-693instr.pdf

They may insist on TB test, this is expected and required.

You need to just be armed with USCIS directions and be firm with them.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

Thank you both for your suggestion.

I-693 is a USCIS form, and is not used over seas. K-Visas exam info was in the brown envelope and USCIS already have this, what they need is vaccination information for AOS.

You need to get foreign vaccination record, OR get vaccinated and get record transfered to vaccination part of I-693

Many Civil surgeons want to hit you with a full medical, dont let them.

I simply brought a copy of I-485 directions to the doctor's office and pointed to where it says:

8. Fiancé(e)s.

If you are a K-1 fiancé(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment-of-status application.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

The doctor quickly dropped his fee to $30

You can also do this with a copy of form I-693

2. What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical exam overseas?

If you were admitted as a:

A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e), or as a

B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen, and

C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then-

a. You are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination.

b. You will, however, be required to complete Part 1, Information about you, and submit the vaccination section of Part 2 with your adjustment of status application. A designated civil surgeon must complete the vaccination section and Part 5, the Civil Surgeon's Certification.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-693instr.pdf

They may insist on TB test, this is expected and required.

You need to just be armed with USCIS directions and be firm with them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

since the medical examination and vaccination were part of the k1 visa process within 1 year, , you don't need any medical form .i called the imigration services and they told me i didn't need it .well you can all the immigration services yourself and tell them about your case, they 'll help you .1-800-375-5283

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
since the medical examination and vaccination were part of the k1 visa process within 1 year, , you don't need any medical form .i called the imigration services and they told me i didn't need it .well you can all the immigration services yourself and tell them about your case, they 'll help you .1-800-375-5283

hi, i just called the immigration services # you emailed. the guy i talked to said that a medical examination is a requirement in the AOS process. i pointed out to him that it says on the USCIS site that for K1 visa, there is no need for a medical examination as long as the I485 is filed within one year of the overseas medical examination. he still insists that i have to undergo the medical otherwise i will be required to have the medical before the interview. so now i am totally going berserk!!! haha....this medical process is making me more confused than visa waiting time in Manila!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

hi, i just called the immigration services # you emailed. the guy i talked to said that a medical examination is a requirement in the AOS process. i pointed out to him that it says on the USCIS site that for K1 visa, there is no need for a medical examination as long as the I485 is filed within one year of the overseas medical examination. he still insists that i have to undergo the medical otherwise i will be required to have the medical before the interview. so now i am totally going berserk!!! haha....this medical process is making me more confused than visa waiting time in Manila!

The person that told you that is wrong. You had your medical and the law is with you. The only thing you might need to do is make sure that the vaccinations are complete. You don't need a whole new medical. It's said in both the instructions for I-485- Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status and the instructions for I-693- the medical examination form.

AOS Timeline begun!

AOS sent- June 26th 2008

NOA1- July 3rd

Touch- July 7th (check cashed)

Touch- July 8th

Biometrics notice received- July 14th (notice date- July 9th)

Biometrics Appointment- July 25th

Touch- July 25th

RFE e-mail notice- July 28th

RFE response sent- September 9th

RFE response received by USCIS and case processing resumed- September 12th

AOS Touch- September 18th

Transfer to CSC- September 26th

AOS Touch-September 29th

Received Transfer Letter in mail- October 2nd

AOS Touch- case pending at the office to which it was transferred- October 3rd

AOS Touch- October 6th

EAD Touch- October 29- CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED-yippeeeeeeeeee! I can get a drivers license

EAD Touch- November 3rd- Approval notice sent (JEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZ RIGHT AFTER I WROTE THIS MY EAD CARD CAME IN MAIL!!!!!! I mean the Mailman brought it HOW WEIRD IS THAT???????????)

AOS Touch Dec 19th

AOS Touch Dec 21st

AOS APPROVED JAN 29th

Removing Conditions 12/16/2010- Application sent by certified mail

Approved 3/07/2011

We JUST had our interview (about an hour ago). We didn't fill out the I693a. We just submitted the injection card with the info. During our interview, we were told that we HAD TO HAVE FORM I693A! He told us that we could go to any civil surgeon and show them the injection card, and just get the shots required/form filled out. Unfortunately, we went to the closest place and they wanted to do the FULL medical CASH ONLY! At $575+ I told them that we would go somewhere else. They told us that they didn't take insurance for INS stuff. What a load of #######!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
We JUST had our interview (about an hour ago). We didn't fill out the I693a. We just submitted the injection card with the info. During our interview, we were told that we HAD TO HAVE FORM I693A! He told us that we could go to any civil surgeon and show them the injection card, and just get the shots required/form filled out. Unfortunately, we went to the closest place and they wanted to do the FULL medical CASH ONLY! At $575+ I told them that we would go somewhere else. They told us that they didn't take insurance for INS stuff. What a load of #######!

$ 575.00?? :blink:

That's the highest price I've heard so far.. Unbelievable...

Edited by Rosie74

05/12/04 => Arrived in the US under L1 status / work visa

03/05/05 => Met the love of my life

07/02/07 => Married my wonderful USC husband

______AOS JOURNEY________________________________

10/03/08 => Package sent to USCIS

03/03/09 => Interview in Chicago, IL =>> APPROVED!

______REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY______________

12/03/10 => Package sent to California service center

03/02/11 => 10 YR GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!

______CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY_________________________

01/20/12 => Filed N-400 for Citizenship

06/21/12 => Citizenship interview: Approved!

07/25/12 => Oath Ceremony.. DONE WITH USCIS!!

The first clinic I called near our house was very willing to do the write up for $20. Yes, for the sum of $20 we can have our very own I693a signed by a civil surgeon. They are even open on Saturday! We just need to bring our injection card with us. If only the first place we went to wasn't corrupt.....

As for that $575 they quoted us, they were being nice. They weren't including the 2 injections she had on her injection sheet. Originally, we were quoted as high as $765.

I would suggest that anyone who hasn't sent in their I485 yet, needs to get this done. Even if you have already sent it in, go ahead and get it done. Just look up the civil surgeons in your state and pick one. Call around and get the best price and at least have the form ready in case you may need it.

Remember...This is the government. They LOVE paperwork! There is no such thing as TOO MUCH paperwork!

Edited by Chris/Ghel

AOS

03/20/2008 Wedding

04/24/2008 I-130, I-485, I-765 sent to Chicago

05/01/2008 Notice Date (Day 6)

05/09/2008 Biometrics Notice in mail (for 05/22)

05/22/2008 Biometrics appointment (Day 27)

08/20/2008 EAD card received

09/26/2008 Interview Letter in mail (for 11/10)

11/10/2008 Interview (Day 199) APPROVED!

12/02/2008 Green Card received (Day 221)

ROC

09/20/2010 I-751 sent to California Service Center

09/21/2010 Notice Date (Day 1)

10/12/2010 Biometrics Notice in mail (for 11/03)

11/03/2010 Biometrics appointment (Day 44)

01/07/2011 APPROVED! (Day 109)

01/13/2011 Green Card received (Day 115)

.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

k1 and others need now to have the I693 (revision from june) but just the vaccination section of it.... and good luck to get a surgeon who will do their job correctly and not charge the full medical price for it. I waited a month to be sure to get one who knew what he was doing to finally realised that the girl who answered the phone had even less clues than all the other medical places so they say it was fine when it was not.

basically i had to redo the medical, tb test + varicella (chicken pox) vaccination (since it was just verbal)....175$ all include... but damn that i was angry, you have no idea. I even wrote to the uscis to ask them to make a list of actual professional surgeon who will do actually what they are asking for.... well do their job right... right ?

The 693A is not used anymore (but i don't know if it's still valid tho).

Edited by melusine

Removal of conditions

01.11.2011 Remove conditions GC I-751 ($590)

01.18.2011 NOA1

02.24.2011 Biometric

03.25.2011 Approved

03.28.2011 Notice sent

03.31.2011 Received new green card (and it's green !)

AOS/EAD/AP from K1

07.23.2008 Send AOS/EAD/AP

07.29.2008 Check cashed

08.01.2008 NOA1

08.08.2008 Biometric Notice received

08.21.2008 Biometric Appointment

09.22.2008 Approval notice sent for AP (CRIS email)

09.22.2008 Card production ordered for EAD (CRIS email)

09.25.2008 Card production ordered for EAD (CRIS email) and a couple of touch since (last one 09.30.2008)

09.27.2008 Reception AP

10.02.2008 EAD Received

02.23.2009 Notice for interview (1.5 month late compared to LA statistics)

03.16.2009 AOS Touch

04.01.2009 Interview in LA  // Approved 

04.06.2009 Welcome to the USA Letter

04.13.2009 Reception GC

Naturalization
06/2016 Request
03/2017 Interview

Almost at the end !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.