jundp

Seattle area VJ members

584 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Whoot.... IM arriving tomorrow tooo hehehe. .YEAHHHHH

It was mua... who was asking about the b'stilla... Ive never had Moroccan .. was trying to compare it to say Lebonnese.. .. but I dont think it is the same... ..

I was trying to think of what could be on the menu that my crazy 16 yr old dtr would want to eat... .. Im sure .. we can find something... she said.. she can fill on food before.. during the day.. her being there for the dinner is more for me...

Maybe you can get me a recipe and helpful hints how to cook it...

or if you have a vegitarian recipie... would love to learn..

I can help you w/ lots of veggie dishes and pretty easy recipes. :thumbs: I love to cook!!! :thumbs::dance::star:

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Just to let you all know I confirmed our reservation for Saturday AND the price, which is $18.50. The guy nearly choked when I told him word around town was $40!! :lol::lol::lol:

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just to let you all know I confirmed our reservation for Saturday AND the price, which is $18.50. The guy nearly choked when I told him word around town was $40!! :lol::lol::lol:

:rofl: Poor guy!

So everyone has said that they love b'stilla but no one has said what it is :lol:

Timeline

So everyone has said that they love b'stilla but no one has said what it is :lol:

:blush::blush:

Thought I did before.

It's chicken, cinnoman, tumeric, onion, powdered sugar, almonds and eggs (there is more to it) flling phyllo dough, then baked to crisp texture. Covered with powdered sugar, cinn and almonds on top when served. Ifyou get a chance to taste it at the dinner you should. We are making a batch sunday, but you will be busy with mom. You can however, possibly stop by for a piece on your way out of town. :D

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

Timeline
Updated guest list

The City: Seattle

The Meet: Marrakesh in Seattle

The Date: Saturday September 13, 2008

The Time: 8:15pm

The List (cut and past to add your name) Updated 9/11. (2) Janet + daughter age (16)

(2) Maggie + ds (19)

(4) Ready4ONE & family [wife & 2 kids [g6 and b9] + (2) friends if they can go (K-1 couple from PI)

(2) Rajaa +1

(3) Steve y Jessica + daughter age (12)

(1) Henna

(4) Jen + Patrick + 2 kids (16 & 17) (or 16 & 9....depending on who comes...)

(2) Yardie +1

(3) Noura, Gabi, Mystery Guest

(1) Mystery Guest #2 :dance: (finally talked her into it)

(1) Halal meat store guy (petitioned for wife from Iraq)

Total 24

6548.gif

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
Ok I called and I'm pretty sure he said 19.50 per person.

Much better. I flipped when she told me the other price.

There are 2 different marrakech restaurants in Seattle, as well as the Kasbah, also moroccan or at least Middle Eastern. Maybe she was confused with one of those. I had checked on pricing when I made the reservation. If I had been told $40/plate I would have definitely said something. :blink::blink:

Bistilla is a dish with meat, spices, powdered sugar, almonds and eggs baked in phyllo dough. It is delicious. I have only had it made with chicken. Not sure what the royale is. Long as it's not pigeon I'm IN!! :dance:

We also have 2 more guests so now up to 25 I believe.

I think that's what happened. Whew. Man I totally panicked. Well, we'll be there with bells on. Figuratively speaking anyway....

I'm excited!!!!!

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:blush::blush:

Thought I did before.

It's chicken, cinnoman, tumeric, onion, powdered sugar, almonds and eggs (there is more to it) flling phyllo dough, then baked to crisp texture. Covered with powdered sugar, cinn and almonds on top when served. Ifyou get a chance to taste it at the dinner you should. We are making a batch sunday, but you will be busy with mom. You can however, possibly stop by for a piece on your way out of town. :D

If you did I am sorry! I must have totally missed it. So it is meat mixed with sweets? Sounds intriguing.

How long are y'all going to be at the fair?

Hey all you Seattle VJ'rs!

Really bummed, but it appears we can't make it tomorrow. Hope you all have a ton of fun!

We hope it goes well and we can make it to the next one.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

ohhh looks like I can get on the 230 flight.. should arrive about 320.. nice...

will call ya maggie when i get booked at airport.. should be fine.. half the plane is empty..

almost there.. :dance: :dance:

Love isn't love unless it is expressed;

caring isn't caring unless the other person knows;

sharing isn't sharing unless the other person is included

A quick note for everyone going to dinner tonight: We have the reservation under the name VJ.

oops, i mean dinner tomorrow :lol:

this is Maggie posting under Gabi.

We need to combine our payments into no more than 7 credit cards total. So if any of you have cash or can write me a check for your portion, it will help narrow down the number we have to use, as will the fact that now we lost another family from the count. :angry: Dont you people love me anymore?? :crying: