jundp

Seattle area VJ members

584 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

What time are you going to the airport Steve? We will be there at 3ish 530ish and 9ish (depending on if the pilot is Noura's former pilot) :lol: . Maybe we can bring you a slice. :D And what I meant by meeting up with us earlier Saturday was for the sight seeing. But I suppose if you live here you see it all the time.

1.5 guests arrived--3 to go. :dance: And it's looking like the weather is going to hold up for the weekend (a HOT steamy 78F!! I know cool breeze for you southern folks).

Edited by Maggie724

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yay!!! It's coming together so well :dance:

So here are our tentative plans. We will be staying in Federal Way. Check in is @ 3pm so we hope to be there earlier or at the latest 3pm. Check in, freshen up and be in the downtown area by 4ish. Where in the touristy stuff will you all be around 4? How long of a drive is Federal Way to downtown?

Timeline

woohoo!!

I''ll PM you my cell and you can call when you are on your way. Most likely we'll be on our way to space needle by then.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
woohoo!!

I''ll PM you my cell and you can call when you are on your way. Most likely we'll be on our way to space needle by then.

Hey Maggie...

what was the plans for Saturday.. ? ie.. did we make reservations for Duck or .. Underground? time? I know it doesnt mean much to me/us cause we are just going along for the ride. heheh.. ..

Getting excited... hahaha...

Daughter is wondering.. if we are doing underground, duck tour and spaceneedle.. will we have time to change for dinner? or are we simply wearing what we have on .. .. all day? .. for me.. things will be fine.. but .. hehehehe the 16yr old is concerned.. with .. her fashion attire hehehee.. jk :D

Love isn't love unless it is expressed;

caring isn't caring unless the other person knows;

sharing isn't sharing unless the other person is included

Timeline

Updated guest list

The City: Seattle

The Meet: Marrakesh in Seattle

The Date: Saturday September 13, 2008

The Time: 8:15pm

The Nominated Mistress Organizer of the Event: Maggie724

It's an entire meal/entertainment experience. Make sure you take a look at the website in advance so you know how the menu is set up and pricing. The menu includes appetizer, main dish, soup I think and a dessert/mint tea for one price. I'm not sure about doing anything a la carte. It is not far from downtown Seattle so those of you that are touring around, we can see if there's anything we all want to do and maybe meet up early.

Day Tours some people are going on: Pikes Place, Space Needle, Underground Tour, Duck Tour.

The List (cut and past to add your name) Updated 9/9. They are dropping like flies. :crying:

(2) Janet + daughter age (16)

(2) Maggie + ds (19)

(4) Ready4ONE & family [wife & 2 kids [g6 and b9] + (2) friends if they can go (K-1 couple from PI)

(2) Rajaa +1

(3) Steve y Jessica + daughter age (12)

(1) Henna

(4) Jen + Patrick + 2 kids (16 & 17) (or 16 & 9....depending on who comes...)

(2) Yardie +1

(3) Noura, Gabi, Mystery Guest

Total 22

6548.gif

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
The City: Seattle

The Meet: Marrakesh in Seattle

The Date: Saturday September 13, 2008

The Time: 8:15pm

The Nominated Mistress Organizer of the Event: Maggie724

It's an entire meal/entertainment experience. Make sure you take a look at the website in advance so you know how the menu is set up and pricing. The menu includes appetizer, main dish, soup I think and a dessert/mint tea for one price. I'm not sure about doing anything a la carte. It is not far from downtown Seattle so those of you that are touring around, we can see if there's anything we all want to do and maybe meet up early.

Day Tours some people are going on: Pikes Place, Space Needle, Underground Tour, Duck Tour.

The List (cut and past to add your name) Updated 9/9. They are dropping like flies. :crying:

(2) Janet + daughter age (16)

(2) Maggie + ds (19)

(4) Ready4ONE & family [wife & 2 kids [g6 and b9] + (2) friends if they can go (K-1 couple from PI)

(2) Rajaa +1

(3) Steve y Jessica + daughter age (12)

(1) Henna

(5) Jen + Patrick + 3 kids (16 & 17 & 9)

(2) Yardie +1

(3) Noura, Gabi, Mystery Guest

Total 23

6548.gif

Updated because we'll have my daughter this weekend (Yay!) and she's coming too.

Maggie et al, I wasn't able to get any extra fair tickets :( But we are going to be heading that way early on Sunday with the kids to celebrate my birthday.

I'm so happy to know that there will be another teenager and a couple of other younger kids too!

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Timeline
Updated because we'll have my daughter this weekend (Yay!) and she's coming too.

Maggie et al, I wasn't able to get any extra fair tickets :( But we are going to be heading that way early on Sunday with the kids to celebrate my birthday.

I'm so happy to know that there will be another teenager and a couple of other younger kids too!

That's ok. Thanks for thinking of us. Tickets are only $8 if bought at Safeway so no biggie. Maybe we'll see you and Yardie there. :dance:

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

Timeline

Ach. Muy importante.

The website was last updated in 2005 for the restaurant. A friend told me that the dinner menu is actually more like $39 a person. Can someone confirm this? If it's not the $17.50 pp price we have to be counted out. I can't afford $200 for dinner.

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Timeline

Ok I called and I'm pretty sure he said 19.50 per person.

Much better. I flipped when she told me the other price.

penguinpasscanada.jpg

Timeline

If doing the big meal at $19 is too much.. also please don't forget that there is the alacart menu as well..

Since my daughter is rather finikey with her food if she feels she cant eat what is on menu like the full meal.. .. she will probably just get something small off alacart ..

Please don't feel like you HAVE to order the full meal... for those who wanted to come but are hesitant because of the cost... remember... you can always.. come for socialization.. order coffee/tea. and some dessert...

I think most all of us will agree.. it would be fantastic to see any fellow VJ people.. whether you eat or not... Im sure the Restraunt will understand..

Does anyone know what B'Stilla Royale is?

Ala Carte

B'Stilla Royale ........................................................... 4.75

Traditional Moroccan Lentil Soup ................................. 2.00

Salads Marrakesh ...................................................... 3.25

a assortment of food items available as well..

Dessert

Home Made Baklava .................................................. 1.75

Fresh Fruit Saled ....................................................... 2.00

Moroccan Pastries ..................................................... 2.50

Beverages

Fresh Mint Tea(hot OR iced) ....................................... 1.25

Coffee OR Sodas ...................................................... 1.50

Mineral Water AND Juices .......................................... 2.00

Timeline
Ok I called and I'm pretty sure he said 19.50 per person.

Much better. I flipped when she told me the other price.

There are 2 different marrakech restaurants in Seattle, as well as the Kasbah, also moroccan or at least Middle Eastern. Maybe she was confused with one of those. I had checked on pricing when I made the reservation. If I had been told $40/plate I would have definitely said something. :blink::blink:

Bistilla is a dish with meat, spices, powdered sugar, almonds and eggs baked in phyllo dough. It is delicious. I have only had it made with chicken. Not sure what the royale is. Long as it's not pigeon I'm IN!! :dance:

We also have 2 more guests so now up to 25 I believe.

Ach. Muy importante.

The website was last updated in 2005 for the restaurant. A friend told me that the dinner menu is actually more like $39 a person. Can someone confirm this? If it's not the $17.50 pp price we have to be counted out. I can't afford $200 for dinner.

And BTW jundp, IF it had been the case that we just now found out it was $40/plate, we would have found another restaurant. We can't cancel our meet up after all this. :wacko:

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

tomorrow! tomorrow! tomorrow! I'm arriving tomorrow!!!! I can hardly wait! :dance: :dance: :dance:

to whoever asked about b'stilla: it's one of my favorite Moroccan dishes, but I hope that this restaurant proves to do a better job of it than the last Moroccan restaurant I went to in Houston. I guess I'm spoiled cuz I make it at home and it's FANTABULOUS!!!! It's my husband's favorite dish.

Edited by ME~n~HIM

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Timeline

Whoot.... IM arriving tomorrow tooo hehehe. .YEAHHHHH

It was mua... who was asking about the b'stilla... Ive never had Moroccan .. was trying to compare it to say Lebonnese.. .. but I dont think it is the same... ..

I was trying to think of what could be on the menu that my crazy 16 yr old dtr would want to eat... .. Im sure .. we can find something... she said.. she can fill on food before.. during the day.. her being there for the dinner is more for me...

Maybe you can get me a recipe and helpful hints how to cook it...

or if you have a vegitarian recipie... would love to learn..

Timeline
Whoot.... IM arriving tomorrow tooo hehehe. .YEAHHHHH

It was mua... who was asking about the b'stilla... Ive never had Moroccan .. was trying to compare it to say Lebonnese.. .. but I dont think it is the same... ..

I was trying to think of what could be on the menu that my crazy 16 yr old dtr would want to eat... .. Im sure .. we can find something... she said.. she can fill on food before.. during the day.. her being there for the dinner is more for me...

Maybe you can get me a recipe and helpful hints how to cook it...

or if you have a vegitarian recipie... would love to learn..

You are in luck Janet. We are going to be making Bstilla and hot tubbing on Sunday afternoon. You are welcome to join us. I use Noura's recipe when I make it. It is delicious. In fact I owe my computer guy a dish of it for fixing my computer last month. :blush::blush: I'm thinking with all the people that will be here we might be making 3 or 4. thank goodness we will have extra hands. :dance:

And I think EVERYone is arriving tomorrow!! :P I just know I am residing at the airport from noon til 9.

Edited by Maggie724

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding