ian12312

Past the processing dates

11 posts in this topic

So my EAD and AP have been touched three times since my biometrics. Today is 60 days since my NOA which is also the upper limit for processing AP applications. The processing dates for the MSC show they are processing AP applications received 2 days after my application and have been since monday...how can mine not have been processd?!?!?!

Are they not meant to process things in the order they are received? Is it slower because i submitted EAD and AP?

Anyone got any ideas why this happens or what I can do? I have seen people that have submitted both EAD and AP after me and have had them both approved already!! This is very frustrating!

Ian & Kristen

UK / U.S.A.

01/OCT/05 - I-129F sent to Vermont Service Centre

12/OCT/05 - NOA1 received

26/OCT/05 - NOA2, application approved

02/NOV/05 - Case now at London Embassy

25/NOV/05 - Packet 3 received

08/DEC/05 - Medical

21/DEC/05 - Packet 3 sent back

03/JAN/06 - Packet 4 received

09/JAN/06 - Interview day (approved)

11/FEB/06 - Fly to USA

14/FEB/06 - Get married

AOS/EAD/AP

10/MAR/06 - AOS, EAD, AP sent

12/MAR/06 - AOS, EAD, AP received

17/MAR/06 - Checks cashed for AOS, EAD and AP

18/MAR/06 - NOA received for AOS, EAD and AP. Receipt dated 15/MAR/06

05/APR/06 - Biometrics appointment

08/APR/06 - EAD and AOS touched

27/APR/06 - EAD and AP touched

29/APR/06 - EAD and AP touched

25/MAY/06 - AP approved and EAD touched

26/MAY/06 - AP touched

28/MAY/06 - AP received

30/MAY/06 - EAD approved & AOS interview schedule for 11/JULY/06

11/JULY/06 - AOS interview scheduled - Approved!!

Removal of Conditions

Jun/08 - Preparing evidence

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Ian,

The short answer is yes !!... they should be processed in the order in which they are received. However, the sheer volume of applications and that fact that the applications are processed by a number of adjudicating officers means that there almost always situations like your where the system seems to break down and things get processed out of order.

There really isn't much you can do right now because although they have passed your NOA date, according the processing dates list from the NBC, you can't inquire about the status of any applications untl the date posted on the website is 30 days beyond the date on your NOA's. As your NOA dates are only 2 days prior to the stated processing date, contacting the USCIS will just result in being told that nothing can be done yet.

I can fully appreciate your frustrations but like everything to do with the immigration system, you just have to stick it out until, in the eyes of the USCIS, you have a valid claim for someone to look into your case.

Best of luck and hopefully you'll hear something soon.

Mark :)

Our Full Timeline From K-1 Application through to Receiving my Green Card

Timeline Summary

11/30/2007 - I-751 Mailed to Nebraska

12/28/2007 - NOA Received (application has been forwarded to California)

01/09/2008 - Biometrics taken in St. Louis

03/27/2008 - I-751 Approved, 10 Yr Greencard in the mail !!

12/20/2016 - N-400 mailed to Phoenix lockbox

01/17/2017 - NOA Received

01/25/2017 - Attended biometrics in St. Louis

09/29/2017 - Received I-797C notice dated 09/27/17.  Interview Scheduled for November 6th @ 8am

11/06/2017 - N400 interview in St. Louis.  Approved !!:jest:

02/05/2018 - Notice of Oath Ceremony date received.  March 1st, 2018 @ 8.30am

"Though miles once lay between us, we were never far apart, for true love doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart"

Check out our website - "Our Journey Together"

View Our Online Photo Albums - "Mark and Debs' Webshots Albums"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Unfortunately, it is not always possible for the USCIS to process "things" in the order they are received. If someone has a request in for "emergency" AP etc., their application is going to overtake yours. As with visas and AOS, if someone applies that is in a higher preference catagory to yours, they will be processed first. In some cases i.e. 2nd preference catagory, they can never get to the front of the line because so many 1st preference applications are received. In fact sometimes people actually move BACK in the line.

There is no point in trying to figure it all out - it just gets you more and more frustrated!

Just be patient, I am sure it won't be long.

Our journey started in 2001 and it's still not over. It's been a rollercoaster ride all the way! Let me off - I wanna be sick!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Ian,

Our filing dates are the same for our AOS, EAD and AP... I have the same frustration as you... I need to travel to my home country on the 25th no matter what... so what I was told I can do is make an infopass appointment just in case (which I did for May 23rd), and I should be able to receive an emergency AP.... I feel much better knowing that... My husband and I planned our religious weddding for June 17th and I do need to travel there before May 27th for a bunch of things... What I will tell the immigration agent will be: I followed the rules and applied for all the permits according to the processing dates your website gave us, I know it might take longer, and I am aware this is not a death/life situation however, when you apply for AP it tells you your reason to travel could be "bonna fide" which means "good faith" or in other words, good will... So, according to the uscis rules, I dont need to have a sick parent to want to go home... :) ... Rest my case LOL.

Hope this makes you feel better... I surely will let you know how it goes if I go to the appointment or you can do the same!... Good luck!

Jeny

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

sometimes i think they just update the site before u get ur approval. it probably is done but they just havent sent it to u yet. it will probably come in a few days.

the same thing happened with us. my husbands ead came a week after the update.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It would be really nice if USCIS played by the rules and processed everyone's applications "in the order it was received". But the reality is, it just doesn't work like that with the federal government. My husband's NOA date for his EAD is December 29, 2005 and we have yet to receive it---it's way past the 90 days they say it takes for processing and well past the current processing date posted on the site. And still no EAD. Yes, we have the interim EAD but we still need the EAD from Missouri to get us through until the AOS interview. But no touches, updates--NOTHING!!!! It's frustrating but there's nothing to do but wait or make an Infopass appointment to ask the officer at your local office to check on things for you. If you get a nice officer on a good day, it might be helpful. I have found that it is better to go to the local office and ask questions than it is to call that stupid 1-800 number. Good luck! With all the touches that your cases have been getting, I would say that the AP and EAD are probably on the way soon. Be patient!

Molly

November 2004 Met my sweetheart Stephen online

March 22, 2005 Stephen and I got married in Ikeja, Nigeria

March 28, 2005 Had to leave my heart in Nigeria with Stephen

K-3 Journey

April 7 to December 12, 2005 Filing to visa interview

December 12, 2005 VISA GRANTED!!!!

December 15, 2005 Visa in hand!!!

December 19, 2005 MY HUSBAND ARRIVES IN USA!!!!!!!

AOS Journey

December 29, 2005 NOA1 receipt date for AOS, EAD

January 20, 2006 Received RFE for affidavit of support on AOS

January 23, 2006 Sent reply to MSC for RFE

January 24, 2006 RFE reply received at NBC

January 26, 2006 Email saying AOS is back on track

January 28, 2006 Received biometrics appointment letter for EAD and AOS

February 9, 2006 Biometrics appointment

February 20, 2006 EAD and AOS touched

March 30, 2006 Received interim EAD at Phoenix office.

June 7, 2006 EAD touched

June 8, 2006 EAD touched AGAIN

June 10, 2006 Received interview letter in mail for AOS

June 15, 2006 EAD approved FINALLY!!!!!

JULY 12, 2006 INTERVIEW AT PHOENIX DISTRICT OFFICE

JULY 20, 2006 AOS APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I could also mean that you will receive the approvals soon. I hope this is the case for you.

09-02-2005 Applications for AOS, EAD, and AP received by MSC

10-21-2005 AOS fingerprint notice for 12-08-2005

11-07-2005 AP approved

12-05-2005 Infopass appt at San Jose office for interim EAD -- Refused, because it is already approved by MSC on 11-07-2005

12-07-2005 Attempt at interim EAD at San Francisco office -- no go. Back to San Jose, where CSO (chief station officer) tells they will contact MSC via email to request permission to issue interim EAD

12-08-2005 Biometrics for AOS and EAD. Having no EAD appt letter was no problem (used EAD NOA)

12-15-2005 EAD arrived in the mail

12-24-2005 Received interview letter; interview scheduled 03-01-2006

01-28-2006 Received replacement SSN card in married name (5 wks since application)

03-01-2006 AOS interview -- approved; received stamp in the passport

03-13-2006 Green card arrived in the mail

---

Filing for removal of conditions

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Ian, it took about 75 days for Danette's AP to arrive. Her NOA on this also had stated 30-60 days. I think they are getting busier and they are just taking longer. It does also rely on the individual handling your case. They might be eager or just cruisin in thier job. Ya never know. Just hang in there. I am sure it will be coming soon.

Rooster

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Ian and Molly (as a response to both your posts)

Liam's EAD and AOS apps were receipt acknowledged on December 27. We received an RFE in January (dated 11 January) and responded on January 20. They acknowledged receipt on 31 January. On January 15, we received an appointment letter for Biometrics (before they actually received the RFE response) to have biometrics done 22 February. The biometrics went off without a hitch, when they took his fingerprints he came up in their system immediately (they scanned for prints when he left the airport in Dublin, Ireland).

On February 25, the case was touched, telling us that his RFE response was received.

We haven't heard a word since then.

Even with the RFE, it is now approx 110 days since the RFE, and if we don't count the RFE against the time, it is approx. 140 days. Now, if the count did not begin until after the biometrics, that is an entirely different scenario.

According to the BCIS website, MSC is now processing EAD's with a receipt date of Feb 13. If the RFE counted against us, we have to wait until the website states they are processing EAD's with a receipt date of March 1. If the count did not begin until after the biometrics (February 22), our 90 days waiting time would not be up until May 25.

We haven't made and info pass appointment yet, but if we don't get the EAD by 30th May, we will telephone BCIS to find out what the REAL processing dates are. (Somewhere here at Visa Journey, a member stated that an MSC representative told them they were 7 months behind in some processing).

BCIS has us wrapped around their fingers...and yes, it seems we all paid to be anxiety stricken. I did not know that is what you get for FOLLOWING THE RULES AND DOING THE "RIGHT THING."

Let us know if you hear anything!

Good luck,

Lynn (and Liam)

It would be really nice if USCIS played by the rules and processed everyone's applications "in the order it was received". But the reality is, it just doesn't work like that with the federal government. My husband's NOA date for his EAD is December 29, 2005 and we have yet to receive it---it's way past the 90 days they say it takes for processing and well past the current processing date posted on the site. And still no EAD. Yes, we have the interim EAD but we still need the EAD from Missouri to get us through until the AOS interview. But no touches, updates--NOTHING!!!! It's frustrating but there's nothing to do but wait or make an Infopass appointment to ask the officer at your local office to check on things for you. If you get a nice officer on a good day, it might be helpful. I have found that it is better to go to the local office and ask questions than it is to call that stupid 1-800 number. Good luck! With all the touches that your cases have been getting, I would say that the AP and EAD are probably on the way soon. Be patient!

Molly

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"The Future is no place to place your better days" Matthews

Liam and Lynn's timeline:

Met September 4, 2001.

Mailed I 129F to CIS Texas Service Center on 8 Feb.

February 11, 05 Received by TSC.

February 22, 05 Forwarded to CSC.

March 7 Received notification of approval via email!

6 May 05-interview date of 15 June in London.

17 August 2005, Liam arrived in Florida.

1 NOVEMBER 2005-WEDDING!!!!!!

SEE OUR TIMELINE FOR THE REMAINING INFORMATION!!!!!

Filed: Timeline

ian,

There is no upper limit for processing applications, AP or other. They're finished when they're finished. If you are referring to the statement that 'it's taking xx to yy days to process these applications', that's a tease not a promise, and is meaningless.

Note also that "are processing" does not mean "have been processd"(sic). If the MSC is processing applications received 2 days after yours then they are processing yours as well. When they will complete that processing won't be known until it happens.

Yodrak

So my EAD and AP have been touched three times since my biometrics. Today is 60 days since my NOA which is also the upper limit for processing AP applications. The processing dates for the MSC show they are processing AP applications received 2 days after my application and have been since monday...how can mine not have been processd?!?!?!

Edited by Yodrak

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.