EstebanTrabajos

From rags to riches

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
It's really sickening to see so much anti immigrant posts from other immigrants... like that piece of plastic makes you better than them? I think too many people here seem to forget there forefathers where illegals at one point or another.. pushing into the native lands of the Americas and later arriving by the boat load, where was your green cards then? People arrive now by plane overstay their WVP adjust and it's all fine and dandy but cross the border and all of a sudden your doing something "illegal"?

People really need to take their heads out of their arses and look at the facts. You can't and shouldn't blame everything on the big bad "illegals" that isn't the answer nor is a stupid fence. As long as the people on the other side of that fence want something better they are going to come get it and I hope they do they deserve it!

Completely agree, I guess there are many in this country that find it hard to understand how a tomato picker has become better than some of those who were born in this country and have the "god given right" to call themselves US citizens. The term American is wrong by the way, there are many countries in the American continent; Nicaraguans, Argentinians, Mexicans, Canadians, Guatemalans, etc are Americans as well. Being poor is not directly proportional to being stupid nor a criminal. Dr. "Q" and my cousin can tell you that.

Edited by GueraYTavo

05/01/08 Green Card in mailbox!!

06/05/10 Real GREEN Card RECEIVED!

01/17/13 Sent application for US Citizenship!!!

01/19/13 Arrived to Arizona Lockbox

01/24/13 Notice of Action

01/25/13 Check cashed

01/28/13 NOA received by mail and biometrics letter mailed as per uscis.gov

02/14/13 Biometrics appointment

03/18/13 In-line for inteview

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
I don't love foreigners (illegals or not), this is just a clarification... :whistle:

is your spouse aware of this? :huh:

I'm the foreigner here "buddy", full-blooded MEXICAN.

01/25/13 Check cashed

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
1. How did he gain citizensihp if he was an illegal immigrant to begin with?

2. And to think I was thinking there were not enough docotors in the US. I called up a doctor a month ago to try to get an appt and she told me it would take a month for me to get an appt. Then when I said no way, she dared me to call someone else and there would be a 4 month wait. So now why is it that people are not getting into medical school then? (supposing you actually had good grades...no premed C/D/F students should pick my brain please:)

We don't want to pay to create more medical schools. In addition, our current system of training too few doctors, then filling our residency programs with graduates from foreign medical schools, serves us in 2 ways. First of all, we don't have to foot the bill for their training prior to residency; we let their countries pay to train them. Then we steal them away and put them in our residency programs. This is truly the clever part of our arrangement. Foreign medical grads are not getting into the elite, most competitive, most high-paying fields. Those spots are for Americans only. Instead, they're taking the spots none of the american grads want, mostly in family medicine, primary care, and psychiatry.

There is a doctor shortage, but it's mostly in the rural areas that nobody wants to go. Again, a way our current medical education system works for us: these foreign-trained doctors get to do their 3-5 years of medical training in the US, but if they want to stay, they have a problem; they can only get a visa to continue working here if they work for several years in a rural, underserved area. We get them used to living here and being american doctors, but they only get to have that privilege if they work somewhere no americans want to work.

Hm..I never thought of it that way for foreign doctors. Well, that's kinda a two way street really. Why are the foreign doctors "forced" upon the rural towns? Is it because the government thinks rural areas are second best? And secondly, the foreign doctors are qualified to come here and work if they've done the school. They should get to pick their residancy (or at least give a selection of choices) just like everyone else. But I guess an advantage in wanting to get them used to being American doctors is it is easier to get them used to it in the slower paced rural towns than the faster paced cities. Because starting out as a doctor and gettng used to American life are two very big things in life-if done single, let alone done all at once.

The Chief Surgeon of Massachusetts General Hospital just past away recently. He is a foreigner, and earned his degree in a foreign University. He's been serving Massachusetts General Hospital for decades. He operated on John F. Kennedy too. Actually, he operated on a number of famous celebrities and important political figures. He died not that long ago.

There's a lack of doctors in the USA. Start making these kids smarter or motivate them. Have high expectations for them. If I would've gotten a B+ on my report card in high school, my parents wouldn't look at me, or congratulate me. They have very high expectations. So many of us wonder why there are so many foriegn doctors, but, seldom realize that the US is missing the point with raising their children.

that I do agree with. I actually thought of this post when I got on the train today and there was teenage kids bragging about how they go to parties and try out any drug they can get their hands on.

Yep, definetely the kids today are not up to being doctors:/

June 14, 2007 Sent I130 to Vermont Service Center via USPS overnight

June 15, 2007 Confirmed on usps.com that VSC has received packet

June 29, 2007 Check cashed by USCIS (hey they opened my packet!)

June 30, 2007 Received NOA1

July 7, 2007 I130 touched

July 9, 2007 I130 touched

July 10, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 24, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 26, 2007 I130 touched (stop feeling up my husband's case and get him over here, yala!)

Oct. 1, 2007 On my way to Palestine

Oct. 5, 2007 I130 approved, transferrerd to NVC YAY!!!!

Oct. 16, 2007 Return to US, ranks one of the saddest day of my life:(

Oct. 27, 2007 Agent form/AOS bill received from NVC

Nov 1, 2007 Overnighted AOS payment to NVC

Nov. 29, 2007 Received AOS form from NVC

Dec. 20, 2007 overnighted I864 packet to NVC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I don't love foreigners (illegals or not), this is just a clarification... :whistle:

but your spouse is still a foreigner :hehe:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Hm..I never thought of it that way for foreign doctors. Well, that's kinda a two way street really. Why are the foreign doctors "forced" upon the rural towns? Is it because the government thinks rural areas are second best? And secondly, the foreign doctors are qualified to come here and work if they've done the school. They should get to pick their residancy (or at least give a selection of choices) just like everyone else. But I guess an advantage in wanting to get them used to being American doctors is it is easier to get them used to it in the slower paced rural towns than the faster paced cities. Because starting out as a doctor and gettng used to American life are two very big things in life-if done single, let alone done all at once.

The foreign doctors aren't being forced on rural towns. It's just that American medical graduates don't want to work in those rural areas. The only way to get anyone to work those places is by giving foreign medical graduates an incentive to work there for a few years. They fill those spots for a few years and then they get rewarded by getting an unrestricted visa to work wherever they want in the US.

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Timeline

Since her last name isn't Cherokee, Tigua, Apache, Navajo, etc. you are right, she is a foreigner. She is of Scottish-Irish decent, she is kinda far away from the motherland :hehe:

Edited by GueraYTavo

01/25/13 Check cashed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Since her last name isn't Cherokee, Tigua, Apache, Navajo, etc. you are right, she is a foreigner. She is of Scottish-Irish decent, she is kinda far away from the motherland :hehe:

:secret: as you're mexican, she's a foreigner to you as she's american.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
Weren't we all Americans? :P

I guess it is too complicated to understand, "wait, what??? everybody is Ameriken *hick accent*, world is turning bananas"

01/25/13 Check cashed

"I think it's just a patch, and I think that's not going to be a solution," Quiñones-Hinojosa said of border fences. "As long as there is poverty, as long as there's inequality, people are going to look for better ways to survive. It's human nature."

amen to that, doctor

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
"I think it's just a patch, and I think that's not going to be a solution," Quiñones-Hinojosa said of border fences. "As long as there is poverty, as long as there's inequality, people are going to look for better ways to survive. It's human nature."

amen to that, doctor

Waiting for the "its not our responsibility to solve the world's poverty problems" crowd that ignores the fact that we overconsume and stimulate local economies that feed local poverty conditions. Althewhile the good doctor's logic will continue pointing out that it will cost us far less to fix the problem from a root point of view than it will be to B!tch about illegals once they're already here.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

amen to that brother..and right on

brother maviwaro for president

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Another illegal brother making it in the good ol' USA. I'm so proud, I could almost weep. :cry:

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics