CraigO

2nd trip to the US

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi everyone,

June 13 will be my second trip to the US. We haven't started the k1 process yet, wanted my SO to graduate, and then im proposing (this trip).

Anyways, I visited in Feb, at customs in Chicago for reason for visit I stated ' visiting family friends ' on advice from my close buddy. When asked again when I touch down in June, do I stick to the story? Or do i tell them the truth?

Any advice please?

Have a wonderful weekend all!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline
Craig,

Since you have not yet proposed, she is not a fiance but she is a "friend".

even when i went there 4 weeks ago, after my noa1, i told the immigration "family friends". it wasnt a lie as i really went to see as well family friends. as he never asked me more, it was fine. as long u dont lie. reply short and honest. and only what they ask for. have a wonderfull time there! :)

K1 TIMELINE

2/10/2006 I-129f sent to TSC

2/13/2006 they received it

2/16/2006 guess it was fowarded to CA, so they got it that date

2/21/2006 check finally cashed

2/23/2006 NOA1 received

5/01/2006 NOA2

5/30/2006 e mail from CSC: petition was requested for review!! ????

5/31/2006 another e mail reply: petition was approved but has not been fowarded yet

6/15/2006 finally!!!! Petition received by NVC!

6/16/2006 left NVC

6/22/2006 US Embassy in Bern, Swiss rec'd petition

6/28/2006 rec'd paket 3

6/29/2006 sent paket 3 back

7/13/2006 got interview date!!

7/27/2006 Interview! APPROVED!!!!! YEAH!

9/18/2006 Planed flight to Raleigh/ NC........

11/18/2006 WEDDING DAY!

AOS

12/14/2006 AOS receipt date

01/18/2007 Biometrics in Charlotte

01/16/2007 Sent additional information (proof of income, ect) for AOS

01/29/2007 Case has been transfered to CSC ( in order to speed up processing.....)

02/17/2007 E mail from CSC... they received case...!!!??? (wooow....long journey..)

02/26/2007 E mail notification: Card production ordered! YEAH!

02/27/2007 E mail notification: Notice mailed welcoming the new resident!!GRATE!and without

interview!!!!!

03/04/2007 GREENCARD IN MAIL, YEAH!!!!!

I know when I visited...I was only asked 'business or pleasure'........I said 'pleasure' and that was it. Only have to answer the question/s they ask.......I read on here a while back a good example.....If someone asks you if you have the time...one answers 'yes' not 'yes.....its half past whatever'. Enjoy your trip :)

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I don't know, I always get asked tons of questions, I even had a secondary inspection once. Not fun, I tell ya! But so far, I always got through...and I think, they get a feeling for people who come up with a story. So stay with the truth if they ask you more questions than usually.

They always asked me if I have a job back home and what I do and where I live and stuff like that, I guess just to make sure that I am really only visiting. Because once I told them I was gonna visit my bf and that got them all on alert or something. But still...have some binding ties, and all is good!!

Enjoy your trip!!

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

It depends totally on the POE officer as to what they ask but saying you are on vacation and visiting frends is fine. They may ask to see your return ticket. :)

Adele

> Texas have received out application and cashed the cheque!

We got our NOA1 as at 26 Oct 2005!

Sent to CSC 26 Oct 2005

NOA2 26 Jan 2006

Sent to Embassy 9 Feb 2006

Embassy sent pk3 21 feb 2006

Recd and return pk3 27 feb

Medical 8 March

recd pk4 11 April

Interview 10 May

Visa Approved 10 May

Visa Received 13 May

Fly to Memphis 21 june

Married 1 September

AOS NOA1 23 Jan 2007

Case transferred to Missourri

Case transferred back to CSC feb 01

Card in the mail March 05

Case approved March 005

Welcome to America Letters received March 08

Filed for lifting of conditions - received in Vermont Jan 20 2009

I-797C NOA received Jan 26 2009

Visit My Website

A Joy unshared is like and unlighted candle

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I have just got back form a two week trip to Chicago. At the POE they asked the purpose of my visit, and I just stated visiting my girlfriend. He just asked me how long I intended to stay, and how long I stayed last time I visited.

I had absolutely no trouble at all. If you haven't petitioned yet it should not be a problem

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
I know when I visited...I was only asked 'business or pleasure'........I said 'pleasure' and that was it. Only have to answer the question/s they ask.......I read on here a while back a good example.....If someone asks you if you have the time...one answers 'yes' not 'yes.....its half past whatever'. Enjoy your trip :)

was your trip pleasurable? :lol: :lol:

Thanks so much guys. last time I visited the guy at O hare gave me SUCH a hard time, kept repeating questions trying to catch me out. Even touched my hand and said he didn't think i worked in Insurance as my hands were rough.

Thanks for your help. You guys are wonderful.

Wow realy!!

I always try to make Chicago my POE as i fine them all easy going & friendly,I even chose there as mt POE for them to proces my CR1......took 5 minutes :thumbs:

Amanda-England (Yorkshire)- Mark-USA(Michigan)

April/04/2005- Visa journey began!!

We did both K3 & CR1 visa's, got both!!- I returned to England for my CR1 interview after first arriving on a K3 visa!!

May/25th 2006- Green card arrives in the mail................YAY!!

19th June 2006 I Had to go to the Social Security Office to get my number, the DS-230 didnt work for me!!

26-June-2006- Social Security# arrived in the mail....YAY!!

Feb 2008 lift conditions <<<reminder to self!!<<<< went to England for a visit instead, no rush right, 90 days is a long time,LOL

Removing Conditions Begins

Mailed I-751 April 12th 2008

signed for @ NSC April 16th

NOA date April 16th

Conditional GC expired May 5th 2008

Biometrics Detroit May 10th 2008

10 year Green card ordered August 20th 2008

Citizenship any time from feb 2009

Filed: Timeline
Even touched my hand and said he didn't think i worked in Insurance as my hands were rough.

:blink: People can and do switch careers! Besides, my hands are always dry from washing dishes at home. Anyway, like the others said, since you haven't started your K1, you shouldn't have any problems. If you're at all worried, bring with you your work contract, house mortgage, etc. to show them that you still have strong ties to your country.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.