11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hey all,

As we receive the RFE, and managed to send them back our response, with much stronger evidence of our relationship, i just noticed that the status on uscis website as changed to the following.

Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

On June 20, 2008, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

What i'm worried about is " within 60 days of the date we received your response". I thought it will take much less after we respond to the RFE. What do you think? I applied in January 28th 2008. When do you think i'll be in the US (IF NOTHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENS). When is the soonest date in your opinion?

those of you who got an RFE and responded to it successfully, how long did it take till they approved from the date they received the response?

Let me know please as I'm trying to plan ahead...... i'm still hoping for making it in september and marry in october.... but this message a bit put my hopes down.

Thanks!

Soulmates never die

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I wouldn't get discouraged, but from other's experience processing times vary from RFE to RFE. It's all based on specifics of your case. Some got approved within a week, while other had to wait more than 60 days. I suggest hoping for the best but be causios while making wedding plans that can't be moved further down the road. I understand it is extremely frustrating, but this is the boat we are all in, unfortunately. Nothing is promised with USCIS. Wish you best of luck!

7829087.gif

07-22-2006 Met in Florida

09-02-2006 Been together ever since

12-09-2007 My visa expired, trip back home

01-16-2008 Dave visited me in Ukraine

04-22-2008 I-129F mailed out to Vermont

05-20-2008 I-129F returned

05-22-2008 Second attempt at filing I-129F

05-23-2008 Received by Mr. Novak

05-29-2008 NOA1 (6 days)

06-09-2008 Touched (Yay, violated for the 1st time)

07-02-2008 Touched again!!!

07-03-2008 Touched again!!!

08-29-2008 Dave's 2nd trip to Ukraine!

09-25-2008 NOA2 (126 days)

09-26-2008 Touched

09-??-2008 NVC Received

09-30-2008 NVC Left

10-02-2008 Noa2 hardcopy in the mail

10-03-2008 Embassy Received

11-05-2008 Medical

11-07-2008 Interview

11-14-2008 Visa Received

11-17-2008 Flight to Orlando :)

Timeline
I wouldn't get discouraged, but from other's experience processing times vary from RFE to RFE. It's all based on specifics of your case. Some got approved within a week, while other had to wait more than 60 days. I suggest hoping for the best but be causios while making wedding plans that can't be moved further down the road. I understand it is extremely frustrating, but this is the boat we are all in, unfortunately. Nothing is promised with USCIS. Wish you best of luck!

Thank you Ana. I hope the best of luck for you and everyone too!

Soulmates never die

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Fill out your timeline. Its not clear if you are filing for the petition; or if you are at the interview stage or AOS. If you have just filed the petition then the RFE will probably just add 2 weeks at the most to the process. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I think those are standard responses everyone gets.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Its a standard response yes, however, it took exactly 60 days after we got that response until we got the NOA2...again, everyones case is different. We were asked for an american marriage cert, and he had never even been in the US yet.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

That is the standard response and we are still waiting. Our 60 days will be up on 28 June, so if there is no approval by then I will be calling on 30 June. Our RFE was for a minor issue of not marking a box on the I-129F and would have been returned to VSC sooner had I not been in the Philippines for 3 weeks while the RFE was sitting in the Post Office. I have noticed that most hear something within a month or sooner after the service center recieves the reply. Good luck.

ANDY & MARICAR

N-400 Timeline

05/14/2012 - Mailed N-400 packet to Dallas/Lewisville Lockbox via Priority Mail.

05/21/2012 - NOA1

06/12/2012 - Biometrics

06/29/2012 - Interview Notice

08/06/2012 - Naturalization Interview in OKC PASSED!!!!!!!

09/28/2012 - OATH CEREMONY!!!!!!!

U.S. CITIZEN!!!!!

Timeline

i want to share with you this moment:

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

Didn't take more than a week :D

(i just has a double vodka shot to celebrate and i'm back to "work" now.... hehe)

What are the next steps? should i start gathering documents for the next step now?

does this notice mean that the application was sent to NVC? or will it come under a different status update?

Thanks for all the help!!!!

:jest:

Soulmates never die

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi rebelsoul

I have the same on mine

Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

On April 10, 2008, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I called after the 60 days and though the lady I spoke with was ever so nice, she said to follow the timelines on the UNIS website, meaning they are currently processing from the VCS applications as of DEC 2007, and I should expect to hear a response in August.

Good luck, :thumbs:

Jan 30 2008 : I-129F sent to VSC

Feb 15 2008 : NOA1

Feb 15 2008: Check Cashed

Apr 01 2008: RFE ( sent in wrong document )

Apr 10 2008: Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed

Aug 11,2008 NOA2 - Email Notification ( YAAAAAA )

Aug 15,2008 NOA2 - Hardcopy Arrives

Aug 13,2008 received at NVC

.................. received letter from NVC

Aug 15,2008 left NVC

.................. received at U.S. Embassy London

.................. Medical

.................. Interview

.................. POE:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
Hey all,

As we receive the RFE, and managed to send them back our response, with much stronger evidence of our relationship, i just noticed that the status on uscis website as changed to the following.

On June 20, 2008, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

What i'm worried about is " within 60 days of the date we received your response". I thought it will take much less after we respond to the RFE. What do you think? I applied in January 28th 2008. When do you think i'll be in the US (IF NOTHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENS). When is the soonest date in your opinion?

those of you who got an RFE and responded to it successfully, how long did it take till they approved from the date they received the response?

Let me know please as I'm trying to plan ahead...... i'm still hoping for making it in september and marry in october.... but this message a bit put my hopes down.

Thanks!

Hi rebelsoul.

We received RFE for something else, passport style photos. Though we included those with original petition, they somehow were lost.... But, anyway, for us, it only took about a week for our adjudicator to approve our case after we sent our reply in. Yes, it definately differs from case to case. I do not think it takes 60days though.... I know several cases where it took about a month for their cases to be approved.

You just have to wait and see...

Good Luck

Nao

Past History

10/09/2007: Sent out I-129F

07/31/2008: K1 visa issued

08/05/2008: U.S. entry as a K1 visa holder

09/03/2008: Wedding at the City Hall:)

AOS timeline

09/18/2008: Sent out AOS/EAD/AP via Fedex

09/22/2008: Application received

09/26/2008: Application received Date on NOA1

10/16/2008: Biometrics appointment

10/17/2008: Touch

12/08/2008: Filed a Service Request for EAD (more than 75 days since petition received.)

12/22/2008: Infopass Appointment (Day 91 since EAD application filed)

12/22/2008: EAD approved (card production ordered/Day 91)

12/31/2008: AP received in mail :)

01/02/2009: EAD received in mail :)

01/09/2009: AOS interview letter received in mail :)

02/20/2009: Interview :) => Approved!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hmmm I guess others have missed this! Congratulations rebel! Glad it didn't take so long for you!

Yes, you will want to check the portal pages (link at top) from others who have gone through Lebanon to find out exactly what will come next for you. Better start preparing now! ;)

good luck with the rest of the process.

i want to share with you this moment:

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

Didn't take more than a week :D

(i just has a double vodka shot to celebrate and i'm back to "work" now.... hehe)

What are the next steps? should i start gathering documents for the next step now?

does this notice mean that the application was sent to NVC? or will it come under a different status update?

Thanks for all the help!!!!

:jest:

timeline.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.