MrsRowe

OKAY VERMONT FILERS, WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING

124 posts in this topic

With only 1.5 months in between, I'd file the 129F if I were you.

Sent I-130 to VT 25-Oct-2007

I-130 Moved to California 6-August-2008

My petition has been in 3 states (1, twice) in 9 months!

Rec'd by CSC 8/9, touched 8/11, 8/12, 8/15, 8/20, 8/25

Approved Tuesday, 25-August-2008

10 months since we mailed the petition

Rec'd NVC 9/3, Invoice Generated 9/10, DS-3032 emailed 9/11.

Rec'd AOS invoice 9/15, paid online 9/15, Accepted as Paid 9/18, mailed I-864EZ 9/19

IV Invoiced 9/18, paid online 9/19, Accepted as paid 9/22

DS-230 sent 10/2

Case complete @NVC 10/8 - 11 months, 1 week and 6 days

Interview in Montreal December 18, 2008 - scheduled 1 year, 1 week and 3 days after the start of our journey. Takes place 1 year, 1 month, 3 weeks and 2 days after the start...

[X] Passed [ ] Failed Interview

Thursday, April 2, 2009 Activated Visa - 1 year, 5 months, 1 week and 1 day

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about sending a copy of the letter to the New York Times, while we are at it? They wrote about the USCIS in the past and brought to light many issues they were having, and most likely still have. The public awareness may force them to assign family based petitions higher priority. Most folks don't have a clue what's going on with the family based petitions at the VSC, heck if I knew how this 'process' works, I wouldn't be here now.

I think they'll only write something up if alot of people are involved.

Hmm I don't think people are comfortable giving case numbers and real names online....the alternative is to use the same letter posted here, just fill in the personal info, print and mail it to NY Times (or wherever)....that way they will have many letters regarding the same problem, with all the necessary info - so the letters will look serious enough. NY Times will do their research first anyways before they publish anything.

This sucks more than anything else has ever sucked before.

An October 2007 I-130, I-129F filer.

Should've played the Green Card Lottery instead - it's less random and more reliable.

"Inflammable means flammable???!!! What a country!" - Dr. Nick :)

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
How about sending a copy of the letter to the New York Times, while we are at it? They wrote about the USCIS in the past and brought to light many issues they were having, and most likely still have. The public awareness may force them to assign family based petitions higher priority. Most folks don't have a clue what's going on with the family based petitions at the VSC, heck if I knew how this 'process' works, I wouldn't be here now.

I think they'll only write something up if alot of people are involved.

Hmm I don't think people are comfortable giving case numbers and real names online....the alternative is to use the same letter posted here, just fill in the personal info, print and mail it to NY Times (or wherever)....that way they will have many letters regarding the same problem, with all the necessary info - so the letters will look serious enough. NY Times will do their research first anyways before they publish anything.

I dont know about the rest, but I really am comfortable doing whatever is necessary for my wife to come here and for other families like mine to stop getting the shaft! At the same time im down with writing a letter. We can email it too, send like 100 of copies and CC's to powerful directors/senators

Here is my story. I've lived problem free life, payed my taxes. One day I decided to marry this girl. But to do so would require her to come to US of A, and so it started. My problem free live turned in to free problems from USCIS! Sure things turned to unsure, certain dates turned to aproximation within months. All logical thinking was out the door, as I filed my papers withing famous Vermont Centre!

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

Date Package Received By NVC : 09-05-08

-- Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 09-11-08

-- Pay I-864 Bill :09-11-08

-- Receive I-864 Package :09-15-08

-- Return I-864 Package :09-16-08

-- Return Completed DS-3032 :09-11-08

-- Receive IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Pay IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Receive Instruction Package :09-17-08

-- Case Completed at NVC :10-16-08

Date Package Left From NVC :10-31-08

Date Received By Consulate :11-05-08

Date Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4):11-25-08

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa):12/08/08

Date IR-1/CR-1 Visa Received :12-11-08

Date of US Entry :12-17-08

Filed: Timeline
The only reasonable thing is to have all the vermont applicants ask a site moderator to send an email containing mass inuiry and explanation why filers from april are getting approved and why some october/sept filers are getting shafted? And ofcorse explain their Fifo Policy and address July 30th, why is that magical date still here.

P.S. Did anyone notice which of their petition improved on dates dramatically? Thats prolly the priority visas.

This is so very amusing....

Just a year or so ago it was Vermont that was much, much faster than California. People started posts about how "unfair" it was for people at CSC, etc etc blah blah. Now Vermont is slow apparently, and people are doing the same thing.

It happens. Deal with it.

"The only reasonable thing is to have all the vermont applicants ask a site moderator to send an email"

You're smoking crack, right? Why in the world would it be the job of a moderator on this site to send an email to anyone? And why, exactly, do you think USCIS would care? VJ is just one of many such sites, and has absolutely no "pull" at all. There are only 3 moderators on this site...I think they have quite enough to keep them busy without sending out emails on behalf of people who are snivelling about their wait time.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

althought my time is not officialy up yet to begin wondering i would like to see something done. How about a form letter each fill in the blanks per case and send to the approriate emails maybe being sent all within the same (say hour of a certain day.) These emails can be gathered and posted along with the form letter each can copy and send (sorry i havent read all if this has been mentioned) but i would see them on the receiving end saying what the ........... is going on when tons of emails start arriving (one main addressee (vermont) with CC: to all necessary)

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
OKAY, GUYS, TIME TO RALLY THE TROOPS. Vermont is not moving from July 30th, we need to make a huge effort here or continue down this pathetic road. I say that we are being taken for granted. I say that Vermont is doing nothing at all, posting July 30th while approving applications filed in December and leaving October and November applications behind. Let's pull together and figure something out. We need to do something to get their attention or this is going to go on for a long, long time. Who is with me. Let's brainstorm. I am in battle mode. Tired of sitting around waiting while my husband is miles away and my daughter is growing up without him. Come on people, lets work together. Gather ideas, something has got to give. :crying::angry:

Its so pathetic ..........and shameful to VSC(USCIS) just by keeping july 30, 2007 as their processing date for last 3-4 months.I cannot imagine how people in the world can do that,even the big ELEPHANTS would have walked miles by this time...How come VSC is such slow....there is definitely something wrong with them.

any have does any one have SAMPLE LETTER that we can write to congressman , senators , VP and Big P ...tooo

any ideas.

11/25/07 Marriage

Vermont Service center

USCIS Journey CR1/IR1

01/06/08 Sent I-130

01/08/08 I-130 received at chicago lock box (USPS)

02/08/08 NOA1 Notice Date

02/12/08 Received NOA1 hardcopy

08/11/08 Received approval email (after 7 months and 3 days...Waiting)

08/15/08 Received NOA2 hardcopy

NVC Journey

08/13/08 NVC case# assigned

08/19/08 DS-3032 e mail sent and got auto response

08/20/08 Received IIN#(one nice rep gave me number)

08/22/08 paid I-864 bill online

08/23/08 I-864 bill status "PAID" online(saturday) but AVR message says " case number assigned ....blah

08/23/08 Printed out I-864 package online and Barcode sheet

08/25/08 I-864 package sent overnight

08/25/08 DS3032 Hardcopy sent by express mail (Hopefully they accept it ..But AVR says AOS fee received/paid on 08/23/08)

08/26/08 I-864 package received per USPS

08/28/08 I-864 package entered into NVC system

08/27/08 NVC accepted DS-3032 (But AVR does not say that)

08/28/08 IV bill generated ( still AVR does NOT say that) but online INVOICE says "NOT PAID"

08/28/08 IV bill paid online "IN PROCESS" status

08/29/08 IV bill "PAID" status (AVR says , they received DS3032)

08/29/08 DS-230 generated

09/02/08 DS-230 and required documents mailed

09/03/08 DS-230 form arrives at NVC per usps

09/04/08 DS-230 information entered into NVC system

09/15/08 CASE COMPLETE(32 days no RFE)

10/15/08 sent to consulate

11/10/08 Medical PASSED

11/18/08 Interview....VISA GRANTED ...

US..

11/29/08 ..POE at Houston

12/15/08 ..Welcome letter

12/16/08 ..SSN received

12/29/08 Green card received

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
The only reasonable thing is to have all the vermont applicants ask a site moderator to send an email containing mass inuiry and explanation why filers from april are getting approved and why some october/sept filers are getting shafted? And ofcorse explain their Fifo Policy and address July 30th, why is that magical date still here.

P.S. Did anyone notice which of their petition improved on dates dramatically? Thats prolly the priority visas.

Just a year or so ago it was Vermont that was much, much faster than California. People started posts about how "unfair" it was for people at CSC, etc etc blah blah. Now Vermont is slow apparently, and people are doing the same thing.

"The only reasonable thing is to have all the vermont applicants ask a site moderator to send an email"

You're smoking crack, right? Why in the world would it be the job of a moderator on this site to send an email to anyone? And why, exactly, do you think USCIS would care? VJ is just one of many such sites, and has absolutely no "pull" at all. There are only 3 moderators on this site...I think they have quite enough to keep them busy without sending out emails on behalf of people who are snivelling about their wait time.

Am I smoking Crack? No, but maybe I should be. Seeing as if you find it amusing that people are suffering, Why are they suffering, because they want to see their families? People did everything USCIS has asked, payed higher fees this year, and still get absolutely no help, no information, absolutely nothing. Your grand solution is to stop crying about it? Oh great ###### idea, thanks a lot mr.Obvious. When you'll go through what most of these people have gone through, come and mouth off, if you have nothing nice to say, stay out of this thread.

Here is my story. I've lived problem free life, payed my taxes. One day I decided to marry this girl. But to do so would require her to come to US of A, and so it started. My problem free live turned in to free problems from USCIS! Sure things turned to unsure, certain dates turned to aproximation within months. All logical thinking was out the door, as I filed my papers withing famous Vermont Centre!

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

Date Package Received By NVC : 09-05-08

-- Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 09-11-08

-- Pay I-864 Bill :09-11-08

-- Receive I-864 Package :09-15-08

-- Return I-864 Package :09-16-08

-- Return Completed DS-3032 :09-11-08

-- Receive IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Pay IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Receive Instruction Package :09-17-08

-- Case Completed at NVC :10-16-08

Date Package Left From NVC :10-31-08

Date Received By Consulate :11-05-08

Date Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4):11-25-08

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa):12/08/08

Date IR-1/CR-1 Visa Received :12-11-08

Date of US Entry :12-17-08

I'm so glad that you are amused about a natural reaction to a system that is without accountability, and that is deliberately hidden from public view. Past that, just a year ago many of the people upset with the process were not even in the system so the past has no bearing on today. You don't deal with the past. You deal with what is. Maybe you've hung around here too long if you have forgotten to have some empathy for people who are powerless to do anything that will positively effect an outcome with their own government.

So, if you don't like how people are dealing with it, bummer for you.

Sent I-130 to VT 25-Oct-2007

I-130 Moved to California 6-August-2008

My petition has been in 3 states (1, twice) in 9 months!

Rec'd by CSC 8/9, touched 8/11, 8/12, 8/15, 8/20, 8/25

Approved Tuesday, 25-August-2008

10 months since we mailed the petition

Rec'd NVC 9/3, Invoice Generated 9/10, DS-3032 emailed 9/11.

Rec'd AOS invoice 9/15, paid online 9/15, Accepted as Paid 9/18, mailed I-864EZ 9/19

IV Invoiced 9/18, paid online 9/19, Accepted as paid 9/22

DS-230 sent 10/2

Case complete @NVC 10/8 - 11 months, 1 week and 6 days

Interview in Montreal December 18, 2008 - scheduled 1 year, 1 week and 3 days after the start of our journey. Takes place 1 year, 1 month, 3 weeks and 2 days after the start...

[X] Passed [ ] Failed Interview

Thursday, April 2, 2009 Activated Visa - 1 year, 5 months, 1 week and 1 day

Timeline

this is a individual (or group) thing not dependent on a mod or the site. The site is only the gathering of us going thru the same thing, we can act on it individually or agree as a group to all do the same agreed upon steps

TIMELINE

-------------

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

Hey Platypuss, got nothing better to do with your time? Quit screwing around and ride those bicycles for a change! :lol: Well, it sure looks like we have to prepare for an 8-10 months wait at the VSC. Plan accordingly to ease the wait. VACATION!!!!

This sucks more than anything else has ever sucked before.

An October 2007 I-130, I-129F filer.

Should've played the Green Card Lottery instead - it's less random and more reliable.

"Inflammable means flammable???!!! What a country!" - Dr. Nick :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

While i understand that you have already gone through the process and your wife/husband is already here, that comment about deal with it is just plain heartless. Had you still been waiting for your spouse to be here, i know your tune would be different. I spent two and a half years in limbo waiting for my citizenship to be approved, i think i have a right to be angry/upset.

I-130 for Two Step Children

App Recieved by USCIS: April 13, 2010

Notice Date: April 19, 2010

Notice Recieved: April 21, 2010

Touched: April 21, 2010

Touched: April 22, 2010

Approved:September 28,2010

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

PlatyPius,

I really think your comments were a bit uncalled for. I dont know how long did you wait for your spouse to be together or how you are dealing with the process, but people aren't heartless here. Once you are married or in a relationship you want to live every day, yes there are other things to consider when its an international relationship, but waiting does suck.

You are the moderator, and no one can force you to write a letter, so if you don't want to it really is ok, you aren't obligated to anyone out here. But please don't belittle others who are going through one of the hardest time of their life and are stuck in a limbo.

Think people can use some humility out here.

Timeline
PlatyPius,

I really think your comments were a bit uncalled for. I dont know how long did you wait for your spouse to be together or how you are dealing with the process, but people aren't heartless here. Once you are married or in a relationship you want to live every day, yes there are other things to consider when its an international relationship, but waiting does suck.

You are the moderator, and no one can force you to write a letter, so if you don't want to it really is ok, you aren't obligated to anyone out here. But please don't belittle others who are going through one of the hardest time of their life and are stuck in a limbo.

Think people can use some humility out here.

he is not the mod

TIMELINE

-------------

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Ive been waiting...damn you vermont :(

[b]USCIS:[/b]
[color="#006400"]Filed I-130[/color]: Sept 10, 2007
[color="#006400"]NOA1 receipt:[/color] Jan 22, 2008
[color="#006400"]Able to check status online:[/color] Feb 22, 2008
[color="#006400"](fake) Automated Touches:[/color] Feb 22, 2008, Jan 14, 2009, April 26, 2009 (a fake SUNDAY touch)
[color="#006400"][b]Sued USCIS (writ of mandamus): May 6. 2009[/b][/color]
[color="#006400"]NOA2: I-130 and I129 Approved:[/color] June 18. 2009

[b]NVC:[/b]
[color="#006400"]NVC forwarded I-129 to the Islamabad embassy, case number assigned:[/color] July 8. 2009
[color="#006400"]NVC assigned case number to I-130; fee request sent to lawyer:[/color] July 14. 2009
[color="#006400"]AOS bill received from NVC:[/color] July 20, 2009
[color="#006400"]K3 (I129) interview/medical exam forms received by spouse abroad:[/color] July 18, 2009 (Not pursued any further)
[color="#006400"]AOS and IV bill paid: [/color] July 28, 2009
[color="#006400"]NVC sent request for AOS documents:[/color] Aug 19, 2009
[color="#006400"]AOS documents mailed to NVC:[/color] Sept 14, 2009
[color="#006400"]AOS documents received by NVC:[/color] Sept 28, 2009
[color="#006400"]Case complete at NVC:[/color] Oct 08, 2009
[color="#006400"]Interview date assigned on: [/color]Oct 14, 2009
[color="#006400"]Interview date at Islamabad:[/color] Nov 3, 2009
[color="#006400"]Approved:[/color] Nov 3, 2009
[color="#006400"]Arrival at USA:[/color] Nov 13, 2009
[color="#006400"]Received green card in mail:[/color] Dec 24, 2009

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.