MrsRowe

OKAY VERMONT FILERS, WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING

124 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

similar situation:

i work for a state law enforcement agency...timelines for certain things to be posted...when the workload gets to much they hire (sorta like temps) they can work 999 hours no beneits and are trained to help until the work load is lessened

example: when the gun carry licenes all come due by the 1000s at one time, they bring in these others to help

when alot of cases are at or near the (say 6 month) times bring in help to get the case flow back to normal

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Am I smoking Crack? No, but maybe I should be. Seeing as if you find it amusing that people are suffering, Why are they suffering, because they want to see their families? People did everything USCIS has asked, payed higher fees this year, and still get absolutely no help, no information, absolutely nothing. Your grand solution is to stop crying about it? Oh great ###### idea, thanks a lot mr.Obvious. When you'll go through what most of these people have gone through, come and mouth off, if you have nothing nice to say, stay out of this thread.

Mags and I filed during the beginning of the IMBRA thing....

It annoyed me back then when people complained about the "injustice of it all", and it annoys me now. In the US this process takes a long time. It always has, it always will. Pitching a b!tch about it will accomplish nothing, except maybe slow the whole process down while the onslaught of emails, Congressman inquiries, etc are dealt with. If you've been waiting over a year, then yeah....you have a reason to be pissed off. Otherwise, it's just a bunch of whining.

Your logic is not sound. "It always has..." doesn't mean it is right. How can you support a process that is so inconsistant even its own employees don't know what to do? As for complaining, I think everyone has the right to vent and exercise his/her freedom of speech. This is one of the biproducts of having a forum such as VJ in additoin to being able to share information. It maybe true that our congressman may not be listening to our concerns, but I believe after an overwheliming majority complain enough, someone will listen. Change takes time. The abolishment of slavery didn't happen over night, the ability for woman to vote didn't happen over night. My fellow citizens, if things are not working right, you have every right to complain to your senators and representatives if you want it to change. No action yields no result!

What would your feelings be if your governement limited numerically the number of foreign born spouses which could immigrate to your country? Of if a points system was applied to their education, ability to speak english, etc. and such points were tied to their admission?

What if your government closed its border entirely and forbid the admission of any immigrant?

The 'rights' of foreign born persons to cross the border and live in a sovereign nation are non-existent in any nation of this planet. All such admissions are granted by nothing more than the latitude of the host nation and can be changed at any time by those governments.

In other words - your government does not have to honor your request. You are seeking a favor. And that's the brutal truth.

If my government did the above things for the whole country, that would be fine with me. If they only did those things to people that lived in specific states, than that would be a problem. IE people that file with VSC wait 4,5,6 months or more, people that file with CSC get approvals in 45 days. If you are going to have a policy, apply that policy nationwide, not just for 50% of the states.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: Other Timeline

What if your government closed its border entirely and forbid the admission of any immigrant?

The 'rights' of foreign born persons to cross the border and live in a sovereign nation are non-existent in any nation of this planet. All such admissions are granted by nothing more than the latitude of the host nation and can be changed at any time by those governments.

In other words - your government does not have to honor your request. You are seeking a favor. And that's the brutal truth.

If my government did the above things for the whole country, that would be fine with me. If they only did those things to people that lived in specific states, than that would be a problem. IE people that file with VSC wait 4,5,6 months or more, people that file with CSC get approvals in 45 days. If you are going to have a policy, apply that policy nationwide, not just for 50% of the states.

45 days? Across the board?

VJ stats don't bear that out.

OKAY, GUYS, TIME TO RALLY THE TROOPS. Vermont is not moving from July 30th, we need to make a huge effort here or continue down this pathetic road. I say that we are being taken for granted. I say that Vermont is doing nothing at all, posting July 30th while approving applications filed in December and leaving October and November applications behind. Let's pull together and figure something out. We need to do something to get their attention or this is going to go on for a long, long time. Who is with me. Let's brainstorm. I am in battle mode. Tired of sitting around waiting while my husband is miles away and my daughter is growing up without him. Come on people, lets work together. Gather ideas, something has got to give. :crying::angry:

Count me in! Is it possible to get the medias attention on this matter? I am thinking of the New York Times as one possibility.Does anyone have the expertise on how to contact the newspaper? Just a thought.

Richard

Richard

Timeline

For Vermont filers with an NOA1 for K3 visas between 2008-01-01 and 2008-05-01 there are 108 K3 petitions with I129F NOA1 of those 8 have I-129F NOA2.

For California K3 filers with the same criteria there are 90 I-129F K3 visas with NOA1 of those NOA1s, 75 have NOA2.

An obvious discrepancy.

It's hard to get a valid sample for the VSC for an average, because there are hardly any K-3s with a I-129F NOA2

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received GC 2009-04-01

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
OKAY, GUYS, TIME TO RALLY THE TROOPS. Vermont is not moving from July 30th, we need to make a huge effort here or continue down this pathetic road. I say that we are being taken for granted. I say that Vermont is doing nothing at all, posting July 30th while approving applications filed in December and leaving October and November applications behind. Let's pull together and figure something out. We need to do something to get their attention or this is going to go on for a long, long time. Who is with me. Let's brainstorm. I am in battle mode. Tired of sitting around waiting while my husband is miles away and my daughter is growing up without him. Come on people, lets work together. Gather ideas, something has got to give. :crying::angry:

Count me in! Is it possible to get the medias attention on this matter? I am thinking of the New York Times as one possibility.Does anyone have the expertise on how to contact the newspaper? Just a thought.

Richard

u just have to find a reporter that wants to fool with the subject and gives them potential for a good story, just like when someone went on oprah and there have been other news articles

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Count me too...

Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Mumbai, India

2008-01-29: I-130 Sent

2008-09-15: I-130 Approved

National Visa Center

2008-09-15: Case received at NVC

2008-11-03: CASE COMPLETE

Done Done Done Done Done

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Am I smoking Crack? No, but maybe I should be. Seeing as if you find it amusing that people are suffering, Why are they suffering, because they want to see their families? People did everything USCIS has asked, payed higher fees this year, and still get absolutely no help, no information, absolutely nothing. Your grand solution is to stop crying about it? Oh great ###### idea, thanks a lot mr.Obvious. When you'll go through what most of these people have gone through, come and mouth off, if you have nothing nice to say, stay out of this thread.

Mags and I filed during the beginning of the IMBRA thing....

It annoyed me back then when people complained about the "injustice of it all", and it annoys me now. In the US this process takes a long time. It always has, it always will. Pitching a b!tch about it will accomplish nothing, except maybe slow the whole process down while the onslaught of emails, Congressman inquiries, etc are dealt with. If you've been waiting over a year, then yeah....you have a reason to be pissed off. Otherwise, it's just a bunch of whining.

You don't probably understand why people are mad. Your timeline says you got your NOA2 in 3 months from when you sent your 129F...in 10 days we'll be at 5 months since we sent our petition in.

I just want the damn NOA2...cause then it's easier, we know when packages are supposed to be coming, we can make plans.

Edited by A_I_S

Timeline

I noticed it took 15 days between your NOA1 and NOA2. Must be nice. ;-)

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received GC 2009-04-01

Note:

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

while i completely understand everyone's frustration and trust me i agree that it is legitimate. i am at a juncture in the filing process where I am debating whether to file K3 or just stick with CR-1. I sent my application on May 27 and received my NOA1 on June 13th. so nothing wrong has been done yet and i am still in a position to file K3. i have spoken with a few lawyers (infact spoke with one yesterday) and they advise that the average wait time is about 8-10 months. but looking at the the timeline on the USCIS site today, i am tempted to just file K3 as i am still fresh in the game.

i called USCIS a few days ago and i was informed that the date that appears on the website depicts that there is "atleast one" application pending from that timeframe. in this case there might be "atleast one" application that is pending from July 07. i called them again today to vent and raise a concern why this date has not been updated for the past 3-4 months (just as a few of you said) and basically the lady did not have a clue as to what that date meant. realistically, they dont give a rat's @## who you are and if you are or arent waiting for the love of your life to join you.

to end my concerns, i would ask for a pool and suggestions/answers to the following questions:

1. should i go with K3? (given that my case is still young)

2. what is the source of VJ's timelines? (where are they getting these dates and numbers from?)

also, just as a suggestion...we all should keep calling their call center as many times as we can and keep bugging them until they decide to get up their sleepy @##es and get the ball rolling...coz every call center generates a report of the types of calls that came in....maybe the big boss at the VSC will then wake up..

again, thank you all and i hope things work out for you all and may your mailbox bring some great news very very soon.

Regards,

USCIS (Vermont Service Center) Journey

Mailed I-130 Packet on 05/27/08

Approved: 12/23/08

NVC Journey

NVC Case Number assigned 01/02/09

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

New Delhi Embassy Interview 03/17/09

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

For Vermont filers with an NOA1 for K3 visas between 2008-01-01 and 2008-05-01 there are 108 K3 petitions with I129F NOA1 of those 8 have I-129F NOA2.

For California K3 filers with the same criteria there are 90 I-129F K3 visas with NOA1 of those NOA1s, 75 have NOA2.

An obvious discrepancy.

It's hard to get a valid sample for the VSC for an average, because there are hardly any K-3s with a I-129F NOA2

That's not a 45 day turn around time - not even for Cali.

There have always been discrepencies between the Service Centers and it's a pendulum that swings - when there were four centers it was just as bad.

The caseload was just recently split between the two - VSC isn't caught up yet. Cali had far more adjudicators in place from their previous ramp-up.

That was not an unusual processing timeline for Vermont in 2005.

Don't start that nonsense with me. It's immature.

Timeline

An obvious discrepancy.

There have always been discrepencies between the Service Centers and it's a pendulum that swings - when there were four centers it was just as bad.

The caseload was just recently split between the two - VSC isn't caught up yet. Cali had far more adjudicators in place from their previous ramp-up.

I'm not starting any nonsense. You made the statement "In other words - your government does not have to honor your request. You are seeking a favor. And that's the brutal truth."

All I'm saying is it's easy to make a statement like that when your timeline looks like it does. I wonder if your feelings would be the same if people that filed their petitions months after you with a different service center were approved before your petition.

The govt. advertised a visa that, and I'm paraphrasing here. "will bring families closer together while they wait for the immigrant petition to be approved" This doesn't seem to be the case with the Vermont Service Center. If that is not the case with VSC, then they should just tell everyone file IR-1/CR-1 and deal with it.

I'm not picking any fights with you. There is a pretty large discrepancy between service centers, that's all.

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received GC 2009-04-01

Note:

Welcome to the USA!!!

Do you really think that the same people who process and adjudicate are the people who answer congressional questions? Hardly.

I work in a massive company. Managers answer nonsense. The worker bees continue to work. It is even worse when you think about who is cleared to answer other agency queries. They're even higher up on the chain.

The threat that questioning authority (or the perception of authority) will slow down the system is nothing more than a threat. That those in power can indeed make it come true only demonstrates an abuse of power. But surely you wouldn't suggest that we stop questioning a ###### up system because of that threat.

And the goat comment was way out of line. In fact, it seemed racist.

Sent I-130 to VT 25-Oct-2007

I-130 Moved to California 6-August-2008

My petition has been in 3 states (1, twice) in 9 months!

Rec'd by CSC 8/9, touched 8/11, 8/12, 8/15, 8/20, 8/25

Approved Tuesday, 25-August-2008

10 months since we mailed the petition

Rec'd NVC 9/3, Invoice Generated 9/10, DS-3032 emailed 9/11.

Rec'd AOS invoice 9/15, paid online 9/15, Accepted as Paid 9/18, mailed I-864EZ 9/19

IV Invoiced 9/18, paid online 9/19, Accepted as paid 9/22

DS-230 sent 10/2

Case complete @NVC 10/8 - 11 months, 1 week and 6 days

Interview in Montreal December 18, 2008 - scheduled 1 year, 1 week and 3 days after the start of our journey. Takes place 1 year, 1 month, 3 weeks and 2 days after the start...

[X] Passed [ ] Failed Interview

Thursday, April 2, 2009 Activated Visa - 1 year, 5 months, 1 week and 1 day

An obvious discrepancy.

I'm not starting any nonsense. You made the statement "In other words - your government does not have to honor your request. You are seeking a favor. And that's the brutal truth."

All I'm saying is it's easy to make a statement like that when your timeline looks like it does. I wonder if your feelings would be the same if people that filed their petitions months after you with a different service center were approved before your petition.

The govt. advertised a visa that, and I'm paraphrasing here. "will bring families closer together while they wait for the immigrant petition to be approved" This doesn't seem to be the case with the Vermont Service Center. If that is not the case with VSC, then they should just tell everyone file IR-1/CR-1 and deal with it.

I'm not picking any fights with you. There is a pretty large discrepancy between service centers, that's all.

My NOA2 timeline may have taken 15 days, but I have been serving this community three years since that date. You are welcome to read my writings particularly those about security clearance, consular processing and financial burdens of proof.

If I was not interested in your case and every case on here I would have been long gone.

Absolutely my comment would still be the same. Because I have studied the process, the system, the history and the law.

Any more questions?

The date should be a lot earlier if the date represents "at least one" of a petition of a certain date... it should probably be 5 or 10 years older.

Another nonsense BS answer from an out of control system with no accountability.

And of course if you are serving the community your opinion counts more than others... like the goat comment.

Sent I-130 to VT 25-Oct-2007

I-130 Moved to California 6-August-2008

My petition has been in 3 states (1, twice) in 9 months!

Rec'd by CSC 8/9, touched 8/11, 8/12, 8/15, 8/20, 8/25

Approved Tuesday, 25-August-2008

10 months since we mailed the petition

Rec'd NVC 9/3, Invoice Generated 9/10, DS-3032 emailed 9/11.

Rec'd AOS invoice 9/15, paid online 9/15, Accepted as Paid 9/18, mailed I-864EZ 9/19

IV Invoiced 9/18, paid online 9/19, Accepted as paid 9/22

DS-230 sent 10/2

Case complete @NVC 10/8 - 11 months, 1 week and 6 days

Interview in Montreal December 18, 2008 - scheduled 1 year, 1 week and 3 days after the start of our journey. Takes place 1 year, 1 month, 3 weeks and 2 days after the start...

[X] Passed [ ] Failed Interview

Thursday, April 2, 2009 Activated Visa - 1 year, 5 months, 1 week and 1 day

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.