I-130 NOA1 : 2008-04-01

I-130 Approved : 2008-07-10

NVC Received : 2008-07-11

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-07-21

Pay I-864 Bill AND Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-07-22

IV Payment Online: 2008-07-30

Sent Completed I-864 and DS230: 2008-08-01

DS230 and I864 entered to the system:2008-08-06

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-08-14 //// 35 days! /// Not bad!

Medical Exam: 2008-09-18

Interview Date : 2008-10-08

Visa Received : 2008-10-16

US Entry : 2008-10-18 POE: Houston

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2010-07-16

NOA Date : 2010-07-20

Biometrics Taken: 2010-07-29

RFE 2010/10/12

RFE Respond 2010/11/05

Aproverd: 2010/11/23

Card Received: 2010/11/27

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone have a trick for fleas? I've given her a flea bath and then but some advantix flea spot treatment on her and she still gets a few here and there? She is a 15 pound mountain fiest.

Alright I just don't want anyone to tell you wrong, but here's my advice ( I am a veterinary tech and I work in an emergency hospital)

DO NOT USE any products sold in petstores. Ok they might be cheaper, but there is a reason to that. Vet products has been greatly improved over the years and most of these outdated products are now available over the counter, only because they are not recommended anymore. These older products just might give some bad skin reactions or ever cause toxicity to the animal. Believe me I see it a lot.

Frontline (fleas and tick) and Revolution (Heartworm, flea, ticks and intestinal parasites) are 2 great products that will eliminate the flea problem, and to prevent it from rehappening you can keep treating every month.

Nowaways, it is a myth that you need to clean all your house, vacuum, spray etc. Reason is, those products will kill the fleas and the larvaes that are on the animal really quick. So if there is any fleas left in your house, they will either die because there is no other host for them, die because they will go back on your dog, or die because they will be in contact with your dogs hair that contains the product in it. Those products are absorbed through the skin and get spread to the whole skin follicules through the blood stream. So once you apply the product, it will take a few weeks and your flea problem will be completely resolved without you spening a lot of time cleaning. You just need to re-apply every month, specially during the spring through fall period and that should prevent any more infestation.

didnt edit in time:

I still bring in a yearly stool sample to test for the heartworm! But one doesnt need to provide this company a prescription from your vet! Same goes if you find a Canadian company, one of those loop holes. And some vets will match their prices

I am sure you meant for intestinal parasites (roundworms, hookworms, tapeworms etc) because heartworm can only be detected in a blood sample ;) Not trying to be a smarta$$ here, I just don't want anyone to think wrong.

Heartworm is found in the blood (microfillaria = heartworm babies) and is transmitted by a mosquito bite. Once the worm matures that's when he gets lodged in the heart and can cause heart failure. And the reason for the yearly blood test is to make sure the animal is negative for 2 reasons : 1- to ensure the products you are using are efficient (if not the companies are liable) 2- because if you give a positive dog the prevention, all the baby worms you will kill can clog the heart and can kill the dog.

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

ya, thats what I meant!! lol I just know I bring in a yearly stool sample, and i do believe they take blood! I just see the $$$ bill,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

ya, thats what I meant!! lol I just know I bring in a yearly stool sample, and i do believe they take blood! I just see the $$$ bill,lol

:lol:

Yeah I hear you about the bills. Some things are definitely worthed to keep your pet healthy (vaccination, yearly blood and stool samples, dental cleanings, etc) but sometimes even me I cannot believe how much money people are gonna spend on their pet. I am talking for example about those animals with bad cancer, with really poor prognostic, that probably won't last more than 2 weeks and yet I see the owners spending 2000-3000$ to try to make them live 5 more days.... :unsure:

Timeline

My parents forked over $4000 on their 12 yr Golden Retriever--eye surgery!! Didnt include the eye drops--they had like 6 different eye drops to give at first and had to be spaced like 5 min apart!! Luckily they are retired!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

So just to make sure- I know people can get flea bites, but they can't bring them home? Or can they?

Well sorta. Like me, I get in contact with plenty of animals infested with fleas. If by chance one would jump in my pockets and then I bring it home, i have a chance to infest my cats. So that's why I use flea prevention on my even though they are indoor cats.

They just wouldn't stay on you, they need to find a dog or a cat to survive. It's the same if your dog goes outside, he can get them by walking virtually anywhere outside. So the best way if always to prevent by applying the Revolution or the Frontline everymonth if you know your pets are at risk, either from you or their environment.

Man I feel like I am at work :lol:

ETA: I love helping you guys though :D

Edited by Mephys

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm itchy reading all this flea stuff :)

Quick question- When is it ok to bathe a dog (or let him swim) after giving a dog the flea treatment? I use Frontline.

I usually bathe him right before I do the treatment- but in case he gets into anything or gets really dirty- I don't want to wash it off before it is absorbed.

Timeline

Should say on the package!! Think it is 48 hrs

Quick question- When is it ok to bathe a dog (or let him swim) after giving a dog the flea treatment? I use Frontline.

I usually bathe him right before I do the treatment- but in case he gets into anything or gets really dirty- I don't want to wash it off before it is absorbed.

Like FLames said, 48 hours.....but it's not good to bathe him right before either :( It washes away all the natural oils from his skin and you have more chances to have a bad reaction.... :( So you should wait at least 24 hours AFTER a bath before you apply it !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I've gotta learn how to use attachments. :bonk:

Don't feel bad- I'm a total computard. I don't even know how to make a poll on VJ.

Like FLames said, 48 hours.....but it's not good to bathe him right before either :( It washes away all the natural oils from his skin and you have more chances to have a bad reaction.... :( So you should wait at least 24 hours AFTER a bath before you apply it !

Good to know!! Thanks M!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Here is our Don Juan Herberto playing the strong silent type...

DonJuanHerberto.jpg

and here he plays the weak silent type as he begs for a treat with his eyes.

LittleHerberto.jpg

I wonder if he'll even remember me by the time I get home. LOL (L)

CSC
I-130

2008-03-12: NOA1 issued
2008-08-12: NOA2 issued

2008-08-18: NVC Received
2008-09-30: Case Complete
2008-10-16: Interview date assigned

2008-12-04: Interview
2008-12-08: Visa in hand

2008-12-11: POE: Buffalo NY Land Border Crossing
2008-12-23: Applied for SSN at local office (no record despite checking box to apply on DS-230)
2008-12-30: Welcome to the United States letter received
2009-01-06: SSN Received
2009-01-06: Greencard Received

2014-01-23: Sent N-400 package via express delivery

2014-01-27: NOA-1
2014-02-07: Biometric appointment letter mailed
2014-02-19: Biometric appointment
2014-02-21: Placed in line for interview scheduling

2014-03-25: Interview

2014-07-25: Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.