Necrotica

The pet thread!

179 posts in this topic

He is chubbers!!! 14 pounds!! He loves to have his tummy rubbed!!!

He's generally a big cat though but he's got at least 3 pounds extra that we are trying very hard to get off of him.

He's my cuddly baby...aww

So sad...I want to take both of them with me but it wouldn't be fair to them...they love my parents house, being able to go outside, it's their home.

Nick and I have plans to get our own kitties but...Sam and Cleo will be my babies forever :luv:

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

All of your pets are cute guys!! I used to love cats, my ex and I lived together and he brought his 2 cats into my place. Well let's just say they DESTROYED most of my furniture, the curtains got shredded, the dining room wood table got scratch marks all over it, the male cat kept pooping on the couch when we were at work, I would come home to a nice stinky pile... So much trouble, I know not all cats are like that his were just mis-behaved. Needless to say, we're not together anymore :lol: and now, I prefer dogs!!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline
OMG, there's Kathryn. Kathryn! Show them the link to your dog in the snow! That has to be my all-time favourite pet video. I laughed and laughed.

Ok - here is the link - hope it still works!

yep, it does! Btw - that isn't our dog - Bailey belonged to someone else and unfortunately succumbed to cancer shortly after this video. He is a sweetie, though.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

My sister likes to dress our dogs up...

I love my Tanner & Cohen!!! I'm really gonna miss them when I move!

They are not evil dogs... their eyes light up with the flash from the camera. LOL

TannerCohen009.jpg

tannercohenkeys002.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
OMG, there's Kathryn. Kathryn! Show them the link to your dog in the snow! That has to be my all-time favourite pet video. I laughed and laughed.

Ok - here is the link - hope it still works!

yep, it does! Btw - that isn't our dog - Bailey belonged to someone else and unfortunately succumbed to cancer shortly after this video. He is a sweetie, though.

Bailey is awesome. Sorry to hear the he passed away, he was some dog!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My cat died in February, but I attached some photos of her. She was a very unique cat and lived until she was 18 :yes:

The doggie is my bf's dog that will be mine when I move there. His name is Bubba and he's half ####-zhu half border collie. He's sooo sweet and friendly and a very good dog. Love him.

I would love to get another cat but I've developed allergies to them now and my bf is also allergic.

I also had another cat Bear, but I can't find any photos of her... need to search for some.

post-41404-1213758265_thumb.jpg

post-41404-1213758274_thumb.jpg

post-41404-1213758363_thumb.jpg

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I had to leave my 2 babies behind... Dar (short for d'Artagnan) I left with an old roommate.. He liked her better then me anyways :P whenever she would come downstairs to use the washer/dryer he would go running and jump on the machine and start purring etc...

ManCat.jpg

the other cat, Gem I gave to this bachelor who wanted some compnay...

c396.jpg

here are the two of them together... Gem loved Dar but Dar just tolerated Gem ...lol Gem always wanted to be where Dar was...

c750.jpg

this is my parents dog, Batman... his original name was Fatman but they didn't like it so they changed it... he has the whole family wrapped around his little paw.. he gets away with so much with my mom... lol

IMG_0710.jpg

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Cassie: Moses is so handsome, what kinda pooch?

Honestly, we don't know, even the vet hasn't a clue. I'm convinced he's part beagle by looking at his face and tail, and he has the beagle kind of howl when the tornado sirens go off! But he's 60 pounds, so he has something big as part of his pedigree, maybe golden retriever. And he's a shorthair that sheds, and has a very regal presence. So your guess is as good as mine!

He's a great dog, he has a wonderful and quirky personality and we just adore him. :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline

Awwwww!!! Such cute kitties and puppies and rats too!!!

I very much want a kittie, but haven't the room. FH has promised me one once we finally move, tho!!

Until then, this is my baby:

l_a9f002f9c0f8389aa5b8e89f8b21cfd0.jpg

Soaking in her water bowl

l_59e9036a4bf5833ccd84fbb00d45f78f.jpg

About to shed

l_0d88ac23b35b3eed866dca8c81ff2a7a.jpg

Coiled all around my neck - I sorta look like Medusa in this one!

She's a beautiful king snake named Ravenne. I adore her...FH very much does not. I do sometimes get tired of not having a furry pet to cuddle with, but it's great to see the expressions on people's faces when they find you have a snake!! :)

Edited by Maeve

"Я тебя люблю. Эти слова имеют мою жизнь в них."

Eligible for N-400 early based on Section 329 of the INA, Service During Hostilities

lLNXm5.png

I've really enjoyed your pet pictures! We had a beagle, Max, who passed away two years ago, just before I moved down here. He was 13. I've been wanting a dog or cat, however up until just recently, Gene didn't want another one. He still grieves Max's passing, and just thought it was too soon. He did however have an offer of a pup from someone at work, so we are discussing this now...maybe not that one specifically, but a pet just the same.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!

Freaked out just a little bit there krikit? :lol:

We just have the one pet, as most of you probably know, since I post pics regularly - but her name is fluffy and we got her from the shelter in Calgary - like 5 or 6 years ago, she is sweet and a bit noisy (lately - like as I type this!!) but she is a really really good kitty, no scratching stuff or eating stuff she shouldn't or sitting on the furniture (she tries periodically to get up on the furniture - but that's ok, she can try) or whatever else naughty cats get up to :lol:

fluffy_sleeping1.jpg

Edited by trailmix

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Meet my two rats, Minky (the black one) and Chemo (the hairless one). They're a year and a half old, and they have brought me SO much joy.

I SO love the fact that you named your hairless rat Chemo. That cracks me up.

I have a good girl puppy girl named Maggie. She's a mutt. She's also very smart.

SleepyPuppy.jpg

MAGZ.jpg

sunlit3.jpg

DSC01085.jpg

She also says I love you!

Basically, Maggie gets me through the day. Especially after it's been so frustrating getting my husband down here.

Rachel Marie :)

K3 *CR-1* Journey

2002: Met and started to date, long distance the whole time!

2006: Engaged

10.2006: Contacted lawyer to begin paperwork

4.30.07: Legally Married in Ft. Myers, FL

8.25.07: Religious Ceremony in St. John's, NL

12.6.07: Paperwork filed to USCIS (after trouble w/lawyer)

1.18.08: I-129F NOA1

2.29.08: I-129F Touch

3.13.08: I-130 NOA1

3.19.08: I-130 Touch

6.30.08: I-130 Touch!

7.1.08: I-130 Touch again!

9.3.08: I-130 NOA2!!!! (And weirdly, I-129F denial. Guess I'm going CR-1 route!)

6.23.09: Package... 3? 4? I don't know, but Andrew had his interview date scheduled.

8.14.09: Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.