Necrotica

The pet thread!

179 posts in this topic

Now I am getting pm's for vet tech consultations :lol:

hey if I can help a few people, at least my experience isn't worthless ;)

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
My snake: Red-tailed Boa hypomelanistic

Boa002.jpg

Boa015.jpg

Awwww!!! So freakin cute!!!

I want a boa so very much, but hubby might have to be bribed with an AK or something first :)

"Я тебя люблю. Эти слова имеют мою жизнь в них."

Eligible for N-400 early based on Section 329 of the INA, Service During Hostilities

lLNXm5.png

I'm still waiting on my husband to upload the photos from the camera. Cooper is 7 months and about 50 pounds now!

Oh yeah Im sure he is about 7 times bigger now :P

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

I don't have any pictures of her on line, but our dog is an 90-pound German shephard/Alaskan malamute/lab/whatever-else mix. Her name is Dallas, but we like to call her Dally-doodle, Puppy-doodle, Miss Puppy, Pup-a-luna, Pumpkin Dog, and the Pupster. She answers to all of these things, believe it or not. Unless of course she sees a squirrel, possum, skunk, or cat she wants to chase. It is awfully cute to see her and my 6-foot-1 husband curled up together napping on the sofa.

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Here's a pic of our new baby..

Here name is Mara (rhymes with kara, sara, etc)..

She's a 3 1/2 month old Maltese. I had never heard of a puppy mill before I bought her, unfortunately I'm pretty sure that is where she came from. It broke my heart to see her in a shed all by herself in a cage..no love :( I had to buy her and rescue her. I didn't realize until later that my $500 dollar contribution keeps these kinds of places in business.

She's sweet as can be and I just love her!

She weighs a whoppin' 1.76 lbs! :)

post-34490-1219353480_thumb.jpg

Edited by kcmetzy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

She is SO cute! It's hard to know that you're contributing to puppy mills, but at the same time, at least you saved your precious puppy from a certainly bad future had no one taken her home.

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

• 1 month later...
Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

This is Chimay, our Kitty. I'm completely a loser that I made her a cat page, kinda like facebook LOL!

http://www.catster.com/cats/887414

We also have a Leopard Gecko named Guinness :)

chris4.jpg

"May our love last another day.....and then some"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Poor poor ThomasJ getting a bath. He had a run in with an ultra sticky bug paper tube on day two in the house.

Daddy is good about giving him baths. Mom does not have the patience.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Poor poor ThomasJ getting a bath. He had a run in with an ultra sticky bug paper tube on day two in the house.

Daddy is good about giving him baths. Mom does not have the patience.

That is so cute! I love the look on his face.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
This is Chimay, our Kitty. I'm completely a loser that I made her a cat page, kinda like facebook LOL!

http://www.catster.com/cats/887414

We also have a Leopard Gecko named Guinness :)

Cooper had a dogster account but I didn't use it much so I deactivated it.

Here is another one of Coops in his pool :)

coopspoolkr4.jpg

w640.png

I had to take my dear Minky to the vet for the first time today. She's having these weird seizure-like things. :( We have medicine for her now, but if it doesn't help, we'll have to take her back for bloodwork.

08/25/06 - 08/08/07 - K1 timeframe from mailing the petition to the NSC to K1 approval at the Montréal Consulate

08/31/07 - Réjean makes the big move to the USA

09/22/07 - MARRIED!

10/09/07 - Réjean gets his SSN

Adjustment of status:

10/26/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

11/23/07 - Biometrics appointment

12/14/07 - I-485 transferred to the California Service Center

12/28/07 - EAD approved!

01/07/08 - EAD received

02/08/08 - GREEN CARD APPROVED!!!!!!

02/16/08 - Green card received!

*headdesk*:

01/02/09 - Réjean loses his wallet containing his drivers license, Social Security card, and green card

02/04/09 - Our best friends bail us out by giving us the money to file for the replacement green card!

02/12/09 - E-filed I-90 for the replacement green card along with the $370 filing fee (including biometrics)

02/19/09 - NOA1

02/25/09 - Biometrics appointment

05/01/09 - Replacement green card received

Removal of conditions:

01/07/10: Mailed I-751 packet by overnight mail to the CSC

01/11/10: I-751 packet delivered and signed for

01/19/10: Received NOA1

01/28/10: Biometrics (did walk-in due to Réjean being out on the road on original date of 02/10/10)

02/03/10: APPROVED!!!

02/05/10: Received e-mail from USCIS saying the card production has been ordered

02/06/10: Received letter typed on plain paper from USCIS congratulating Réjean on his removal of conditions approval

02/11/10: Green card received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ah sorry to hear about Minky - hope she is doing better!

I can sympathize. 3 weeks ago first Bear and then Freija started to have serious diarrhea and then abdominal pain. I had taken Bear in where they thought at first it might be constipation caused by a hairball and we tried high fiber foods. It didn't help so back we go, this time coming home with a diagnosis of colitis and medicine (metronidizole). The next day Freija shows up with the same symptoms so she goes to the vets as well and comes home also with metronidizole. Fecal samples were inconclusive but they suspect a possibility of giardia - so that is what they treated for (no idea where they would be exposed to it either). Anyway, the medicine helps almost immediately and they complete their medicine. The stuff tastes foul and they end up drooling like crazy after getting their dosages.

So 4 days after Bear finishes his medicine, the diarrhea comes back! I drop off a sample to the vet the next morning, get a still inconclusive result, but they put him on another bout of metronidizole and aded Baytril. Lion started showing the same symptoms the following morning so I got enough medicine for him and also for Freija in case she too started to show symptoms again. Well, I didn't give the Baytril after reading the side effects hoping that the second bout of metronidizole will work for Bear, and started Lion on it as well. So far, Freija has had no return of symptoms so that encourages my belief that the metronidizole will be enough. It still tastes terrible although this batch is supposed to be chicken flavoured. Bear runs when he sees me coming when it is time for his medicine and then adopts this long suffering face as he clamps his teeth shut. Poor kitties! But the medicine is working great and I hope that this time it will completely cure whatever is the problem. Still no definitive information about the cause or the source.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.