NevadaJoe

CR1 Divorce in Future - Help Needed

64 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I think marriage counseling is for bona fide marriages where there were real feelings invovled. I would say that only knowing eachother a month...and already being like this...NOT bona fide feelings. I have to agree with the fraud people on this one.

Divorce is NOT too soon in this case. It's a way out of a terrible mistake that was made on this guy's part...(and don't beat him up...I'd definitely say he learned his lesson...)

Just my opinion...but the first few months of marriage is supposed to be the best newlywed phase...ya know?

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I wonder what state he lives in? Nevada? I guess but maybe not--hope his state is not like my state where everything is split 50-50 assets and liabilities in the divorce financial settlement.

squsquard20060929_-8_HJ%20is.png

dev216brs__.png

In accordance with Georgia law, "The Georgia Security and Immigration Compliance Act," I am required to display the following in any and all languages that I may give immigration related advise:

'I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW AND MAY NOT GIVE LEGAL ADVICE OR ACCEPT FEES FOR LEGAL ADVICE.'

"NO SOY ABOGADO LICENCIADO PRACTICAR LEY Y NO PUEDO DOY ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO O ACEPTO LOS HONORARIOS PARA El ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO."

hillarymug-tn.jpghillarypin-rwbt.jpgballoons-tn.jpg

Filed: Timeline
I wonder what state he lives in? Nevada? I guess but maybe not--hope his state is not like my state where everything is split 50-50 assets and liabilities in the divorce financial settlement.

The 50-50 statement does not scare me - I have nothing, sorry.......and say even if I did have 10K in a bank account I would gladly pay 5K to be rid of my daily nightmare, I think it's worth it, much better than finishing in a loney bin....also does not that apply to $ and assets you acquire together from the day you marry forward? We sure haven't acquired much in a few months together, except for a few grey hairs and upset stomachs for me. My little princess told me last night she has no interest in being a secretary, she wants to start right at the top - an executive or high level manager. She has a high school education and no experience. I know this is the land of endless opportunity but even our own college grads have a hard time landing that 1st good paying job.....oh well

she sounds..a little deluded..or else thinks the movies are 'real' *shakes head* I wish you luck Nevadajoe - at least you're out with your sanity intact

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

She sounds like she really doesn't understand USA costumes. Did you tell her how life was going to be her? My friends from JA first all thought we lived like 90210 until they came her and saw I lived in a studio apartment and shoped at walmart. If your a smart man why didn't you get a pre-nup and make her sign it. I beleive in those highly. Money well spent.. But really such a short time of knowing her were you high on love or what.. I just think its crazy but hey I am slow and easy kind of gal. If it is fraud good luck with everything. I just remember what my friends thought of the USA before studying abroad with me and now they understand everything. Best of luck with the divorce. Think next time before marrying after a couple weeks. Its a lifetime commitment. hush---

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

She sounds like she really doesn't understand USA costumes. Did you tell her how life was going to be her? My friends from JA first all thought we lived like 90210 until they came her and saw I lived in a studio apartment and shoped at walmart. If your a smart man why didn't you get a pre-nup and make her sign it. I beleive in those highly. Money well spent.. But really such a short time of knowing her were you high on love or what.. I just think its crazy but hey I am slow and easy kind of gal. If it is fraud good luck with everything. I just remember what my friends thought of the USA before studying abroad with me and now they understand everything. Best of luck with the divorce. Think next time before marrying after a couple weeks. Its a lifetime commitment. hush---

Yes, I told her exactly what my life is like - I work from 8-5, home by 6 - not go out much weeknights, love to go out on weekends though, don't drive a fancy car, etc....she knew all that before we got married. I prefer Kmart and Target myself. I didn't get a prenump because I have no valuable assets, nothing. I don't think I'll ever marry again, like the gentleman a few posts above said - "I learned my lesson"

On to good news - she is going home for a vacation this weekend!!!!! Bought a one way ticket though...hmmmm :)))))))) Maybe she will never return! Right now I'm enjoying the moment and nothing negative anybody writes here will spoil it for me

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Oh no!I hope you don't give up on women completely. I can promise you that we're not all bad. You just gotta take your time and ease into a relationship in the future which I'm sure you know now. I hope you get over all of this and start fresh. Good luck and I'm so sorry to hear all of this happened to you. Take care Joe,

Sarah

Oh no!I hope you don't give up on women completely. I can promise you that we're not all bad. You just gotta take your time and ease into a relationship in the future which I'm sure you know now. I hope you get over all of this and start fresh. Good luck and I'm so sorry to hear all of this happened to you. Take care Joe,

Sarah

She went home yesterday afternoon on a Lufthansa flight!!!!!!!!!! She says it will be only for a short time to visit. What do I do?

Does she have money for a return ticket ????

No, but she could probably scrap up enough......oh she does not have her green card with her or welcome letter - all that is here at home. Another interesting thing - she left the country using her Bosnia passport but her Visa stamp is in her Croatia passport. If and when she trys to re-enter I am asuming she will use the Croatia passport since it has the U.S. Visa stamp but when they run it through the reader - will it show that she has not left the U.S.? she might have some explaning to do why she was using a different passport....I don't know....she is very clever but she makes mistakes.....any comments folks?

Move!!

BY THE WAY - DONT TAKE MY ADVICE...

08-12-04 - Met online

05-12-05 - NOA1 - Here we go baby

06-20-05 - NOA2 - YEAH HOO

12-23-05 - APPROVED for Visa

01-07-06 - PACKET 4 ARRIVES - FLIGHT TICKET BOUGHT

01-13-06 - Chris arrives in SFO

01-14-06 - Chris meets the whole family

01-19-06 - AT 3PM MARRIED to my Christine....in RENO. She sees SNOW for the first time

AOS STORY BEGINS:

04-05-06 submitted OAS Application to Chicago

04-05-06 submitted EAD Application to Laguna Niguel

07-28-06 AOS approved............

9-30-06 Moved to New Home and the real journey began......

I was not kidding. You can file for divorce, send a registered letter advising her you will not allow her entrance. Seek a formal separation document to protect you going forward, and tell her you are moving.

She will have two options. Stay or Come and fight for assets or resolve your issues....other than that - what else can you expect us to tell you.

BY THE WAY - DONT TAKE MY ADVICE...

08-12-04 - Met online

05-12-05 - NOA1 - Here we go baby

06-20-05 - NOA2 - YEAH HOO

12-23-05 - APPROVED for Visa

01-07-06 - PACKET 4 ARRIVES - FLIGHT TICKET BOUGHT

01-13-06 - Chris arrives in SFO

01-14-06 - Chris meets the whole family

01-19-06 - AT 3PM MARRIED to my Christine....in RENO. She sees SNOW for the first time

AOS STORY BEGINS:

04-05-06 submitted OAS Application to Chicago

04-05-06 submitted EAD Application to Laguna Niguel

07-28-06 AOS approved............

9-30-06 Moved to New Home and the real journey began......

Move!!

Any realistic coments?

What do you want to do, NJ? Do you want to try to salvage your marriage?

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

NevadaJoe,

Have that consultation with the "immigration divorce attorney" that you mentioned a few posts back. But I am a bit confused as to what an immigration divorce attorney is - they are two quite different areas of the law, I doubt there are many who try to do both (and fewer still who are good at both).

Yodrak

She went home yesterday afternoon on a Lufthansa flight!!!!!!!!!! She says it will be only for a short time to visit. What do I do?
Edited by Yodrak

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.