NevadaJoe

CR1 Divorce in Future - Help Needed

64 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

discoman,

This is not correct - it could be less than 10 years or it could be more than 10 years that he has the obligation. And having the obligation does not necessarily mean that he will have to pay her anything, although he might.

Yodrak

... Don't know how much support you would have to pay her under I-864 but it will be for 10 years.....Best of Luck

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
Wasn't it obvious?

Yodrak

Obviously not.

:P

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Wasn't it obvious?

Yodrak

Obviously not.

Sailed right past me too. :blush:

In our defense, the thread title said CR1 so my mind just didn't go to DCF.

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

nevadaJoe, sorry to hear about the problems you are having. What would you like to do?

Did you try to talk to her? How's her english (you say she'll take classes)? It could be a communication problem ( she uses words that she knows, maybe not always being fully aware of the meaning) as well as cultural diferences (maybe in Croatia, shareing financial information is a sign of trust).

And many people around the world think it is simple to get visa if USC "sponsors" you.

Good luck. I hope it is not the worst case scenario.

TracyTN,

True, but someone used to tell me I pick on you too much.

But since you've asked for it, what kind of visa results when an I-130 petition is filed by DCF?

Yodrak

Wasn't it obvious?

Yodrak

Obviously not.

Sailed right past me too. :blush:

In our defense, the thread title said CR1 so my mind just didn't go to DCF.

Edited by Yodrak

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Is there someone I can talk to? someone I can report this to?

Nevada Joe

N Joe,

Report what, exactly?

Playing devil's advocate, what if this type of acting out is a symptom of her mind saying to her

'what are you, crazy? You've just moved x-thousands of miles to live with this guy you hardly know, you can't speak or read the language, you don't know a soul here and haven't got any idea how things work!'

What might it do to her feeling of security that after 4 weeks, *you're* getting ready to pull the plug?

Again, not taking a side, but her behavior could also be explained by shell-shock. I'm a USC and it's happened to me when moving to a new country. The first major move I made like that by myself, I bawled for a week once I got there, and I consider myself pretty tough.

I think the best person to talk to about it is your wife. :)

But since you've asked for it, what kind of visa results when an I-130 petition is filed by DCF?

An Immigrant Visa.

That whole CR-1/IR-1 thing needs to be put to rest, imo.

Sorry to steal your answer Tracy :star:

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Its ok m, I knew that anyway. :star:

Since this is in the IR 1/ CR 1 forum, I just was not thinking about DCF in the slightest.

And Y, you'd not picked on me in a while, I wondered what was up. :lol:

*edited cos I can't type*

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

Its ok m, I knew that anyway. :star:

Since this is in the IR 1/ CR 1 forum, I just was not thinking about DCF in the slightest.

And Y, you'd not picked on me in a while, I wondered what was up. :lol:

*edited cos I can't type*

Maybe you are right meauxna, I should just be miserable and swallow it. I have broken my back trying to make things great for her but everything I do is not good enough......jula the more I think about your answer the more light I see - you are right too - I have been doing things half assed I should turn all my credit cards over to her and my pin numbers too, accounts, safe deposit keys, oh and my car. It only took me 15 years to build a credit score of 780....lets see how fast we can flush it down the toilet.

Yes she is dying to drive but I've been refusing because she does not want to get a valid drivers licence plus I need to add her to my insurance.

On the bright side in about 20 months her temp GC expires, gee I hope she doesn't forget to lift the conditions.....

nevadaJoe, sorry to hear about the problems you are having. What would you like to do?

Did you try to talk to her? How's her english (you say she'll take classes)? It could be a communication problem ( she uses words that she knows, maybe not always being fully aware of the meaning) as well as cultural diferences (maybe in Croatia, shareing financial information is a sign of trust).

And many people around the world think it is simple to get visa if USC "sponsors" you.

Good luck. I hope it is not the worst case scenario.

Geez! Let's see; I am from Puerto Rico and my immigrant ex-wife was from Argentina. We both spoke Spanish and yet, the same behaviour, attitudes, actions and claims Nevada Joe's wife displays are exactly the same as my ex-wife's right after I submitted her AOS paperwork. A week later, once we rcv'd her NOA1, she abandoned our household for no reason whatsoever, other than her telling me: "I don't need to live with you any longer now that the paperwork's in." And it was HER who came here to the US on her own accord using a J1, not the other way around where I actually sent for her. Worse yet, we dated for a year BEFORE we even got married.

This has fraud written all over it.

Report her to the 'CIS, sending in as much evidence as possible to back up your marriage fraud claim. BTW, let her be the one to start divorce proceedings against you. If you do it, you'll be playing right along into her hands/game. When she does, counterclaim her action with a marriage fraud annulment for immigration benefits and sue her ###. She'll either have to withdraw her motion or settle with you. In other words, you'll come out on top all around!

Edited by dmartmar

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Maybe you are right meauxna, I should just be miserable and swallow it.

You ignored the 'devil's advocate' warning at the start of my post. I didn't say that you should be miserable or swallow anything, Joe. If you really feel in your gut that you've been played and this isn't going to work out, by all means, pull the plug and move on. She might get smart enough to find out that she doesn't even have to wait 2 years to remove conditions, but she will need evidence of having a bona fide marriage with you. Be a shame if none of that was available to her.

I hope to read that things have worked out for you in the near future, Joe.

Geez! Let's see; I am from Puerto Rico and my immigrant ex-wife was from Argentina. We both spoke Spanish and yet, the same behaviour, attitudes, actions and claims Nevada Joe's wife displays are exactly the same as my ex-wife's right after I submitted her AOS paperwork. A week later, once we rcv'd her NOA1, she abandoned our household for no reason whatsoever, other than her telling me: "I don't need to live with you any longer now that the paperwork's in." And it was HER who came here to the US on her own accord using a J1, not the other way around where I actually sent for her. Worse yet, we dated for a year BEFORE we even got married.

And *you*! I really expected to see you in this thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...topic=13212&hl=

No comments? I think you could add a lot to that discussion, sincerely!

:star:

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hey nevada,

sorry to hear of ur plight.. she will only reap what she sows..

just to tell (coz my husband was divorced too)

* if u ever did a affidavit of support thing-- that thing is good for 3 years.....my husbands was an arranged marriage and when he came here and was in the divorce procedings, his ex wife tried to withdraw her aff of supp.. and she couldnt...

in the first pg of the instructions it says that "divorce doesnt terminate the obligation.."

but he was too nice and didnt make her give him any money and he did find a job...

hope this helps...

MARRIED - 08/23/03

BABY BOY! - 09/22/04

12/23/05- MAILED I-130

01/06/06- NOA 1 FOR I-130

01/18/06- MAILED I-129F

01/26/06- NOA 1 FOR I-129F

02/28/06- APPROVED I-129F

03/06/06- APPROVAL FOR I-129F COMES IN MAIL

03/30/06- APPROVED I-130

04/06/06 APPROVAL FOR I-130 COMES IN MAIL

WAITING FOR NVC TO ISSUE K3 CASE # since 2/28/06

WAITED FOR NVC TO ISSUE IR1 CASE # since 3/30/06 CASE # ASSIGNED APRIL 17, 2006

AT THE NVC

Case # - 4/17/06

DS 3032/AOS fee bill generated 4/24/06

DS 3032 emailed April 25, 2006

AOS fee bill mailed on 4/26/06 via USPS; rec'd 4/27/06

DS 3032 updated on 5/3/06(NVC emailed us back after 9 days)

I-864 package mailed out on May 11, 2006 via USPS overnight; received at NVC May 12, 2006

Received IV Fee Bill and and I-864 package on the same day in the mail on May 13, 2006

IV fee bill overnighted same day May 13, 2006

5/26 checklist rec'd ds 230 missing

5/30 ds 230 package rec'd

6/7 I mail them back the ds 230

6/8 They receive the ds 230

6/12 it is entered into their system

6/29 CASE COMPLETE

07/06 - CASE HAS BEEN FORWARDED TO CONSULAR POST

07/12 - PACKET 4 COMES TO HIS HOUSE

08/04 - MEDICAL EXAM - HAS NO DISEASES CONFIRMED

08/08 - INTERVIEW AT 8 AM. PLEASE PRAY FOR US.

08/23 - OUR 3RD WEDDING ANNIVERSARY

09/22 - OUR BABY TURNS 2!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

The person completing this affidavit is the sponsor. A

sponsor's obligation continues until the sponsored immigrant

becomes a U.S. citizen, can be credited with 40 qualifying

quarters of work, departs the United States permanently, or

dies. Divorce does not terminate the obligation. By signing

this form, you, the sponsor, agree to support the intending

immigrant and any spouse and/or children immigrating with him

or her and to reimburse any government agency or private

entity that provides these sponsored immigrants with Federal,

State, or local means-tested public benefits.

MARRIED - 08/23/03

BABY BOY! - 09/22/04

12/23/05- MAILED I-130

01/06/06- NOA 1 FOR I-130

01/18/06- MAILED I-129F

01/26/06- NOA 1 FOR I-129F

02/28/06- APPROVED I-129F

03/06/06- APPROVAL FOR I-129F COMES IN MAIL

03/30/06- APPROVED I-130

04/06/06 APPROVAL FOR I-130 COMES IN MAIL

WAITING FOR NVC TO ISSUE K3 CASE # since 2/28/06

WAITED FOR NVC TO ISSUE IR1 CASE # since 3/30/06 CASE # ASSIGNED APRIL 17, 2006

AT THE NVC

Case # - 4/17/06

DS 3032/AOS fee bill generated 4/24/06

DS 3032 emailed April 25, 2006

AOS fee bill mailed on 4/26/06 via USPS; rec'd 4/27/06

DS 3032 updated on 5/3/06(NVC emailed us back after 9 days)

I-864 package mailed out on May 11, 2006 via USPS overnight; received at NVC May 12, 2006

Received IV Fee Bill and and I-864 package on the same day in the mail on May 13, 2006

IV fee bill overnighted same day May 13, 2006

5/26 checklist rec'd ds 230 missing

5/30 ds 230 package rec'd

6/7 I mail them back the ds 230

6/8 They receive the ds 230

6/12 it is entered into their system

6/29 CASE COMPLETE

07/06 - CASE HAS BEEN FORWARDED TO CONSULAR POST

07/12 - PACKET 4 COMES TO HIS HOUSE

08/04 - MEDICAL EXAM - HAS NO DISEASES CONFIRMED

08/08 - INTERVIEW AT 8 AM. PLEASE PRAY FOR US.

08/23 - OUR 3RD WEDDING ANNIVERSARY

09/22 - OUR BABY TURNS 2!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I'm sorry this has happend (F) maybe you guys need to have a chat, or some marriage counseling.. if that doesnt work... then I dont know what to tell you.. but good luck on whatever you choose

And *you*! I really expected to see you in this thread:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...topic=13212&hl=

No comments? Sincerely, I think you could add a lot to that discussion!

Meauxna,

Thanks for the lead/referral. Never would've expected this from you. Although I always like to stay out of trouble, if you insist...

Stay tuned!

Edited by dmartmar

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.