NevadaJoe

CR1 Divorce in Future - Help Needed

64 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Well here is my story - I am a USC, got married 3 months ago overseas. The wife came here a month ago and has a CR1 visa and has her 2 year GC. She has totally changed since she has arrived, far different from the gal I knew and fell in love with. Her constant nagging is driving me up the wall. She became extremley upset when I refused to start paperwork to sponser her younger brother to visit us (I have a feeling that he would overstay and never leave). I'm a regular working guy and really can't afford any more financial responsibility. I have done everything I can to make her happy - put in a satellite TV so she can watch her programs from back home, got a good long distance company so she can call home more often, we go out to nice places, this summer she will be starting English language classes, gave her a generous allowance so she can buy what she wants, I encourage her to find a job if she desires, I told her I would buy her a nice home next year (still saving), we currently live at my moms. She wants to know what my life savings is - how much and where? if I don't tell her then I don't trust her and it will never work. I continue to refuse to say. She has told me 2x already that if I wanted to divorce "her" that would be fine with her. Everyday I bang my head against the wall trying to figure out what i am doing wrong? and why I can't please her? My fear is that if I try to divorce her, she will lie and cry "abuse" and how do I get her out of my moms place?

Is there someone I can talk to? someone I can report this to?

Nevada Joe

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Well here is my story - I am a USC, got married 3 months ago overseas. The wife came here a month ago and has a CR1 visa and has her 2 year GC. She has totally changed since she has arrived, far different from the gal I knew and fell in love with. Her constant nagging is driving me up the wall. She became extremley upset when I refused to start paperwork to sponser her younger brother to visit us (I have a feeling that he would overstay and never leave). I'm a regular working guy and really can't afford any more financial responsibility. I have done everything I can to make her happy - put in a satellite TV so she can watch her programs from back home, got a good long distance company so she can call home more often, we go out to nice places, this summer she will be starting English language classes, gave her a generous allowance so she can buy what she wants, I encourage her to find a job if she desires, I told her I would buy her a nice home next year (still saving), we currently live at my moms. She wants to know what my life savings is - how much and where? if I don't tell her then I don't trust her and it will never work. I continue to refuse to say. She has told me 2x already that if I wanted to divorce "her" that would be fine with her. Everyday I bang my head against the wall trying to figure out what i am doing wrong? and why I can't please her? My fear is that if I try to divorce her, she will lie and cry "abuse" and how do I get her out of my moms place?

Nevada Joe

If you want to divorce her.. talk to a divorce attorney... they will guide you on what to do...

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
Well here is my story - I am a USC, got married 3 months ago overseas. The wife came here a month ago and has a CR1 visa and has her 2 year GC.

Let me get this straight. You got married only 3 months ago ? And then right afterwards you filed for a CR-1, and you got through the service center and the NVC and the consulate in that small amount of time, and she's already here and got her green card ? Seems hard to believe, even in the best of circumstances.

Has anyone else heard of a CR-1 moving that fast ?

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Well here is my story - I am a USC, got married 3 months ago overseas. The wife came here a month ago and has a CR1 visa and has her 2 year GC.

Let me get this straight. You got married only 3 months ago ? And then right afterwards you filed for a CR-1, and you got through the service center and the NVC and the consulate in that small amount of time, and she's already here and got her green card ? Seems hard to believe, even in the best of circumstances.

There was a recent DCF in Sweden that was shorter than that.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Mine took 33 days.

If you file through the Consulate abroad, the cases go very quickly.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Aha.... a DCF. Now the timeframe makes more sense.

As far as your problem goes.... do you want a divorce, or do you want to try to save your marriage ? If you think your relationship is salvageable, you may want to consider marriage counseling as a first step. If that doesn't help or if she refuses, then you might consider seeking a legal opinion about your options, and especially before taking any action as to divorce or separation. Your situation is complicated, and you need expert advice.

I'm sorry to hear things are not going well.... wishing you the best.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Never heard of that quick of a CR1. Then again it would help to know what consulate.

It was a DCF and it was processed very quickly. She is here now. It was done in Croatia. Hope that helps.

Yes, thanks for the clarification!

SA4userbar.jpg

NevadaJoe,

Just out of curiosity, how long had you known her before you married her? And how much time had you spent with her in Croatia?

You can talk to a divorce attorney, as zyggy suggested.

Yodrak

Well here is my story - I am a USC, got married 3 months ago overseas. The wife came here a month ago and has a CR1 visa and has her 2 year GC. ...

Nevada Joe

Edited by Yodrak

Never heard of that quick of a CR1. Then again it would help to know what consulate.

It was a DCF and it was processed very quickly. She is here now. It was done in Croatia. Hope that helps.

Joe,

Sorry to hear about your troubles, I'm sure you are not the 1st something like this has happened to. DO NOT give her any account numbers or passwords. She will milk you dry and cry poverty in the end. Being from that region myself I know what the wrong women from there are like - Be careful. Talk to an attorney and call INS and report this - they probably come across this type of stuff. I don't know what the # is, if I did I would share. If you are going to leave her - move into an apt. somewhere and spare your Mom the grief...also it would avoid any squatting rights. Don't know how much support you would have to pay her under I-864 but it will be for 10 years.....Best of Luck

Joe,

Sorry to hear about your troubles, I'm sure you are not the 1st something like this has happened to. DO NOT give her any account numbers or passwords. She will milk you dry and cry poverty in the end. Being from that region myself I know what the wrong women from there are like - Be careful. Talk to an attorney and call INS and report this - they probably come across this type of stuff. I don't know what the # is, if I did I would share. If you are going to leave her - move into an apt. somewhere and spare your Mom the grief...also it would avoid any squatting rights. Don't know how much support you would have to pay her under I-864 but it will be for 10 years.....Best of Luck

I have known her for a month prior to getting married (spent 2 weeks with her), I know a stupid mistake but it's done now.

so sorry to hear this....there seems to be a lot of this happening lately....hope you can get it resolved and move forward....but as suggested, a lawyer seems to be a good start.

AOS, EAD, AP, filed on Feb 8, 2006

NOA received Feb 18, 2006

Biometrics done on Apr 21, at St. Paul office..wait some more......

Touched on April 24 and 28

email aproval for AP on May 1

email approval for EAD on May 3

received AP on May 3

received EAD in mail on May 8

start work of June 1

AOS interview in Bloomington on July 19 8am

AOS approved,passport stamped on July 19

as of Dec 10, 2006 still no greencard....waiting and waiting....USCIS says we are approved, and check back in 60 days...no idea what is happening

Dec 18, email stating welcome letter is in the mail

Dec 20, 5 emails saying they ordered production of my new card......

Dec 24...welcome to America letter in the snail mail

Dec 26...GC in hand and all is correct...

NOTE TO SELF..file to lift conditions 04/19/08

04/22/08 filed to lift conditions

05/01/08 package returned wrong form

05/05/08 re-submitted right form to california

05/09/08 cheque cashed

05/13/08 NOA

05/19/08 appointment letter for biometrics received..appointment on 05/28/08 at 11 am at USCIS St. Paul

05/28/08 took my two appointment letters and had my fingerprints done

11/13/08 touched and email stating card production ordered and will be sent to me in 30 days

11/21/08 GC in hand no mistakes expires 11/13/18

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.