71 posts in this topic

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have huge covered tubs full of shoes....yet, I tend to wear the same 3 pair year round. Go figure.

Shoes and purses....don't have any particular reason....but, I love them.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I had my hubby convert our spare room into a huge closet for me with shelves all round the room for my shoe/boot/purse collection..it baffles him that I have 6 pair of black boots. :whistle:

Edited by F1Belle

Aug 21,1999 Married in Toronto

I-130 APPROVED CSC DECEMBER 3,2004

I-129(K3) APPROVED November 17, 2004

INTERVIEW January 19,2005-switched from K3 to IR-1

I-601 waiver filed at interview

February 18 I-864/DS-230/IR-1 fee paid at Montreal consulate

WAIVER SENT TO VSC from Montreal April 1,2005

Expedited with senator assistance.

Touches April 21/May 23/June10

I-601 APPROVED JUNE 17,2005!!!!!!!!!!

N400 NOA May 15,2008

Biometrics May 30,2008 Atlanta

Interview June 21,2008

6847.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Personally, I just like slutty shoes and own bunches of 'em.

we want pics :protest:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

I don't have any particular reason why I love them, but I do. I have at last count over 100 pairs of shoes. I have them stored in tubs under my bed. I do wear most of them. When I discover I've moved on from a pair I get rid of them. But, by that time I've bought several more to replace them.

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
like I know cute shoes can be made in the bigger sizes because I have seen them but they are few and far between :blink:

i have some really cute heels I bought a few years ago.. i really love them but they are very uncomfortable ...lol so I don't wear them much...

right now I am wearing a pair of sandals i bought last year.. see thats the thing with me I wear the same pair of shoes all the time.. anyways, I think I need a new pair of summer sandals though mine are getting worn out but they are comfortable..

I'm the same way I suppose...tbh teaching isn't the best career to wear heels when working. sooo...I tend to wear the same couple pair of shoes, mostly my birkenstocks. I have small feet and a high arch so these shoes are incredibly comfy for me since I walk a lot. I don't wear heels...I have worn them and my feet and calves ached at the end of the day. I love sandals and I love my birkenstocks. Beyond that, I haven't much in the way of dressy.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I love to wear spike heels. I think they compliment my sexy legs. Not to brag, but it is a fact.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
i am not a big shoe person... I have maybe a handful of shoes most of which i really don't wear at all because they don't fit right...

Regardless, no matter how much a woman weighs, she can still fit into her shoes

this is not really true... if a person gets bigger their feet get bigger too.. maybe not length wise but width wise

Okay, yes, feet can enlarge a very, very small amount; however, it's entirely possible for someone to gain or lose 60 pounds and still comfortably wear their old shoes (assuming they're an adult), whereas the same could not be said for pants.

I know that women are usually more in-tune with fashion and clothing in general. There's a whole collection of colors that men don't even know exist until we're married, for instance. Hell, I wasn't even sure what the difference was between a "shirt" and a "blouse" (I just knew it had to come off!), but I learned eventually.

Anyway... my question is: why do women like shoes so much? What makes shoes different than say... a skirt or a blouse or a dress?

Well, I have a theory and I wanted to ask the women on here about it. I think it has to do with weight. Women are bombarded by the media with images and messages, each telling them to be "this or that" (usually thin) and that's just not something every woman can achieve. That's not their fault, necessarily. Some women just have a larger frame, slower metabolisms or whatever.

Regardless, no matter how much a woman weighs, she can still fit into her shoes. The same cannot be said for a skirt, pants or dress. That, in of itself, makes shoes more versatile and potentially a more cost-effective choice (within reason) than some other clothing items.

So what do you ladies think? Am I on to something here or is it really just that women need "different shoes for different outfits?" :P

Words fail me here. :wacko:

Why is that? I'm just looking for a potentially logical reason. Maybe there isn't any, but it doesn't hurt to take a peek. Besides, I'd have to imagine that physical and psychological issues in reference to "wanting something" makes more sense than merely saying "this and that must match."

Sounds like the kind of explanation only a man would come up with

Well, I am a man, but the idea for this wasn't my own. It was actually a woman's, so in effect, the explanation is actually due to a female.

Actually, if you google this theory, there are unfortunately many weight-loss experts and psychologists who would confirm it.

Personally, I just like slutty shoes and own bunches of 'em.

Oh...and I do like the fact that my shoe size doesn't go up when my trouser size does. I'll admit that.

There you go -- I'm not the only weirdo who has wondered about this! I didn't know this issue had already been tackled (in retrospect, I probably should have), but it would seem that weight would be a logical reason for this.

Ohhh Shoes. I have tons in every shape, color....

I love shoes becuase:

- my feet size does not change

- I can try on 20 pairs w/o having to go into a dressing room and/or take my clothes off

- I LOVE them...

- they make me feel good...

AOS

APRIL 24 2008 - Filed AOS Packet APRIL 28 2008 - Package received and signed for by CHYBA

MAY 6 2008 ( Day 1) - Notice USCIS received MAY 10 2008 (Day 4) -Rec'd all 4 NOA's & Status of all 4 online

MAY 12 2008 (Day 6) - Received Biometrics letter MAY 14 2008 (Day 8) - Biometrics done early.

OCTOBER 22 2008 (DAY 170)- I-765:Card Production Ordered/I-131: Approval notice sent

OCTOBER 27 2008 (Day 175)- AP Received

OCTOBER 30 2008 (Day 178)- EAD Approval Notice Sent OCTOBER 31 2008 (Day 179)- EAD Received

NOVEMBER 4 2008- Applied for SSN / NOVEMBER 24 2008- SSN Received

JANUARY 15 2009- INTERVIEW-APPROVED!!

JANUARY 31 2009- GC RECEIVED_No more USCIS for 10 Months[/color]

ROC

October 27- I-751 Sent

October 30- I-751 Received

April 10-10 YR GC Received

Heels elongate the leg, give your calves better definition and tend to improve your posture. Just about any woman looks better in heels. I have twice as much confidence on the...oh, two days a year I get to wear them.

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline

I don't care about shoes really. I own just two pairs and am looking to replace my pair of hiking boots with another really good pair. The other shoes are my dress shoes I wear at work. I only need shoes to serve two purposes, one for hiking and one for work, and I beat the living ####### out of them once fall in love with a good pair.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I love shoes. I am a Don Juan of shoes - I cannot get enough. Whether it has to do with weight gain/loss - I dunno. Might be - I just love the way I feel in them. I feel taller and more confident. The higher the heel the better. Saddest part of leaving my job to move to HI is that dressed up is a 'nice' pair of flipflops. . . . sigh.

Filed: Timeline

Lately I've been in an expensive shoe/purse phase. I have many many shoes all still in their boxes and then inside shoe boxes with the photo on the outside of the box (remember I said I like to organize). I'm already tall so I don't need to look taller. Heels are fun to wear if I go out with friends or go to something special, but most days I'm a flip flop girl. Maybe I should move to HI.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.