tenderheartusa79

HAPPY WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!!

103 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I just weedwhacked :) Very therapuetic, but again covered in green. I swear it tried to attack my foot. I was being all careful and swoosh it was within inches of my big toe :yes: I planted some things and having a good day.

A reuben sans kraut??? How dare they???

I'm trying to make an online resume and then use that to send a few places. Anyone ever done this?

jJ

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hey guys! Thanks for the condolensces yesterday. My condolensces to little Lexy too. Best wishes on the job hunt Jackie. Kelly, I hope you adjust soon, it will get better I promise you this.

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. (F)

:star: Happy Wednesday Everyone!! :star: Kelly, good luck this week....I'm going to be the same way shortly leaving the twins so you have to share how your making it through your day. Jackie, best of luck on your job search, everything does happen for a reason and you never know what amazing job waits out there for you. Will you be trying headhunters (agencies) too? Let them do the work for you! :) And big hellos...to all of you who already posted!! :luv:

I need more pics of the twins!!!!!! What are they going to be doing while you're at work? I feel for you, I had two babies in daycare at the same time and oh my gosh that was EXPENSIVE!! I think when they were both in the "baby room" I paid approx $400/week. Luckily the oldest moved out at 15 mos into the young toddler room and after that the price dropped but still stayed around $350/week for a good couple of years.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I just weedwhacked :) Very therapuetic, but again covered in green. I swear it tried to attack my foot. I was being all careful and swoosh it was within inches of my big toe :yes:

jJ

once you hit yourself with it, you'll be way more careful.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I just waited 20 min in line for a turkey reuben sammy and it's missing the saurkraut.

:angry::angry:

I just went to the manager's office to pick up a USPS delivery from Macy's. It's not there and the Post Office has no clue where it is and Macy's says they can;t do anything for a week since it delivery can take up to 7 days. So I am left hold a delivery notification but no Thierry Mugler Angel. :crying:

But a Reuben with no sauerkraut????? that really sucks! double :angry::angry: indeed!

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello everyone! Finally done reading the entire thread and must say that I'm so happy to see MBP back with us!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Wishing everyone a great day!

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Happy Hump day to all!! Peace to all.

I need to share my situation and ask for words of wisdom. My husband, like many on here, has been anxious to work. Yesterday he started at a restaurant (where I have done the bookkeeping (in addition to my regular job) for a while and they just reopened under a new name and theme) as a dishwasher and cook. It was a long day/night and he came home at 2am to tell me he didn't want to continue the job.

I think there is more pressure than he is used to. He is a very hard worker, but doesn't like someone watching him (even when I ask him to repair things around our home he does better if I am not watching). And when he was doing the limited cooking, he wasn't very quick and felt the pressure of the customers waiting for their food. PLUS he doesn't speak much English and although the manager also speaks some Spanish (his language) she was stressed also and my husband felt their communication fell down.

I couldn't believe he was telling me (at 2am) he didn't want to do it - after one day. I told him he had to go in today, as scheduled, and talk to the manager. I also reminded him that he may not find another job for 6 mths or more and then how would he feel? This was also an opportunity to work on his English. I am also annoyed if he leaves because the manager gave him a chance because of my relationship with the restaurant. I would like to stop my work there, but I basically agreed to continue because they were helping him.

I hope today goes better for him.

Thanks for listening. Any words of wisdom?

Timeline
happy wedensday everyone. still looking for job pray for me i.Any suggestions on what to do, please?

Do you have a career center of some kind in your area? You'd find the link by searching the unemployment website in your area. That has really helped my husband a lot. Granted he hasn't landed a job yet but he has only been able to start looking for about two weeks now so although he's anxious he's not too frustrated yet. Anyways they have great services like preparing for interviews, etc. and also the one in our area has various companies come in from time to time to interview people. At least it is something to do when you're bored if all else fails. Other than that I suggest networking like crazy getting names/ numbers at the local mosque, etc. Good luck!

Happy Hump day to all!! Peace to all.

I need to share my situation and ask for words of wisdom. My husband, like many on here, has been anxious to work. Yesterday he started at a restaurant (where I have done the bookkeeping (in addition to my regular job) for a while and they just reopened under a new name and theme) as a dishwasher and cook. It was a long day/night and he came home at 2am to tell me he didn't want to continue the job.

I think there is more pressure than he is used to. He is a very hard worker, but doesn't like someone watching him (even when I ask him to repair things around our home he does better if I am not watching). And when he was doing the limited cooking, he wasn't very quick and felt the pressure of the customers waiting for their food. PLUS he doesn't speak much English and although the manager also speaks some Spanish (his language) she was stressed also and my husband felt their communication fell down.

I couldn't believe he was telling me (at 2am) he didn't want to do it - after one day. I told him he had to go in today, as scheduled, and talk to the manager. I also reminded him that he may not find another job for 6 mths or more and then how would he feel? This was also an opportunity to work on his English. I am also annoyed if he leaves because the manager gave him a chance because of my relationship with the restaurant. I would like to stop my work there, but I basically agreed to continue because they were helping him.

I hope today goes better for him.

Thanks for listening. Any words of wisdom?

No words of wisdom just feel bad that you're in such a pickle. (F)

:luv:

Hello everyone! Finally done reading the entire thread and must say that I'm so happy to see MBP back with us!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Wishing everyone a great day!

:luv::luv::luv: awwwww thanks sweetie!

And it comes at a nice time as anyone who saw italy play on Monday can tell you! :bonk:

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Did someone say pickle?

m_08f10a17af0b88840da965de6a40cde8.gif

:thumbs:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Good morning all. Olivia, could i have a sip of that frapp? (btw, I did finish the book... so here we go for today's discussion!)

Off to make a couple phone calls and then heading off for a walk/job with the pup. Have a good day everyone. Good luck to those on the job search path (I am too..)!

Can;t top the dancing pickle but this pic merits posting at the very mention of pickle :whistle:

pickle.jpg

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
happy wedensday everyone. still looking for job pray for me i.Any suggestions on what to do, please?

Do you have a career center of some kind in your area? You'd find the link by searching the unemployment website in your area. That has really helped my husband a lot. Granted he hasn't landed a job yet but he has only been able to start looking for about two weeks now so although he's anxious he's not too frustrated yet. Anyways they have great services like preparing for interviews, etc. and also the one in our area has various companies come in from time to time to interview people. At least it is something to do when you're bored if all else fails. Other than that I suggest networking like crazy getting names/ numbers at the local mosque, etc. Good luck!

birdget i almost applied application in all jobs and career websits since i came . i amde about 126 application and heard nothing just few response from LABCORP saying that god luck next time . thats it . that made me feel that something wrong with me or with my resume . i dont ask to work as medical doctor as i was working in Egypt . i just want to take bllod in any hospitals or labs till i get my degree evualted. i start making application in the stores around here is some good sites for jobs

www.snagAjob.com www.indeed.com hot job.com

the thing i worry about that i wont be able to work after 41 days my work permission will expire so i wanted to work at least 1 month from the 3 months i had from POE till i get my EAD . thats what make me impatient to have work fast!!!

Timeline

birdget i almost applied application in all jobs and career websits since i came . i amde about 126 application and heard nothing just few response from LABCORP saying that god luck next time . thats it . that made me feel that something wrong with me or with my resume . i dont ask to work as medical doctor as i was working in Egypt . i just want to take bllod in any hospitals or labs till i get my degree evualted. i start making application in the stores around here is some good sites for jobs

www.snagAjob.com www.indeed.com hot job.com

the thing i worry about that i wont be able to work after 41 days my work permission will expire so i wanted to work at least 1 month from the 3 months i had from POE till i get my EAD . thats what make me impatient to have work fast!!!

Have you applied online only or have you gone in person? Seeing you face to face sometimes helps a lot more than just on paper.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.