tenderheartusa79

HAPPY WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!!

103 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Libya
Timeline

UGH I'm still packing and moving our stuff into storage!

I'm getting aggrivated with our van too.... we've had it for like two months now and STILL haven't gotten our tag and title. Today I went to pick it up from the dealer because he told me he got it (for the 50th time) and to have the AC fixed but when I got there he said the AC has freon so it must have a short somewhere since it still doesn't work and he STILL doesn't have the tag!!! He said he lost the title and he's been trying to get it replace... why would he sell it before he got that worked out???? So if he doesn't have it by next week he said he'll buy it back from us and we can buy another one.... sigh..... I don't want to go thru all that so I really hope he gets the tag and fixes the AC so we can just be done with it already.

It's hot here! I wanna go swimming!! :crying:

OK, I'm off to get back to packing! :D

Oh yeah and my baby will be back on Tuesday inshallah :D I can't wait! I feel like we're back again to waiting on the visa!!! :(

Edited by Alhamdulillah

Muslimwoman-1-1.jpg

99GEAq-6owA

We need a Ramadan!! (part one)

VP's Blog

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
happy wedensday everyone. still looking for job pray for me i.Any suggestions on what to do, please?

Do you have a career center of some kind in your area? You'd find the link by searching the unemployment website in your area. That has really helped my husband a lot. Granted he hasn't landed a job yet but he has only been able to start looking for about two weeks now so although he's anxious he's not too frustrated yet. Anyways they have great services like preparing for interviews, etc. and also the one in our area has various companies come in from time to time to interview people. At least it is something to do when you're bored if all else fails. Other than that I suggest networking like crazy getting names/ numbers at the local mosque, etc. Good luck!

birdget i almost applied application in all jobs and career websits since i came . i amde about 126 application and heard nothing just few response from LABCORP saying that god luck next time . thats it . that made me feel that something wrong with me or with my resume . i dont ask to work as medical doctor as i was working in Egypt . i just want to take bllod in any hospitals or labs till i get my degree evualted. i start making application in the stores around here is some good sites for jobs

www.snagAjob.com www.indeed.com hot job.com

the thing i worry about that i wont be able to work after 41 days my work permission will expire so i wanted to work at least 1 month from the 3 months i had from POE till i get my EAD . thats what make me impatient to have work fast!!!

Have you applied online only or have you gone in person? Seeing you face to face sometimes helps a lot more than just on paper.

i did online only . intend to go the hospitals soon inshaAllah

Filed: Timeline

:dance: My new Homedics scale just came from UPS ! I won it from a work thing. Free stuff is the best! So, now I have to put in a battery and see how much I weigh. I'm kinda nervous as I have noooooooooooo clue what the number is gonna be. This scale has: body fat %, body water %, muscle mass, bone mass and daily calorie predictor :| All I really want is to see the number. :)

Jackie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
:dance: My new Homedics scale just came from UPS ! I won it from a work thing. Free stuff is the best! So, now I have to put in a battery and see how much I weigh. I'm kinda nervous as I have noooooooooooo clue what the number is gonna be. This scale has: body fat %, body water %, muscle mass, bone mass and daily calorie predictor :| All I really want is to see the number. :)

Jackie

Oh wow! I want one of those!

Mohammed,

Have you had anyone look at your resume? Make sure it is more American style and no spelling, grammar errors, etc. Maybe a functional style is better for you.

The career center idea of Bridget's could help with that. Would volunteering anywhere get you in contact with more possible employers?

Not to be harsh - as an employer I would be annoyed you are only legal to work for a month. That is at least the time it takes people to get up to speed at a specific company.

Good Luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Aha... I looked it up.

I'm actually going to my first Weight Watchers meeting tonight, with two of my girl friends. One of them has been in the program for awhile, says she lost more than 100 pounds using the points system. Sounds good to me!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.