philabride

our petition was lost ....

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi I posted a message a few days ago saying we have not even received NOA1 after 2 months of waiting. My fiance (petitioner) called USCIS and they told him

they have not received our petition and it they did, he should have gotten the receipt long time ago.

I was very very very upset because I have been waiting and waiting ...for nothing. We supposed that our package was lost somewhere. I had a problem with USPS before,

but not this time ... how could they screw us up? We paid good money for express mail. Next time, we will use Fedex.

Now we have to file from the beginning. Thank god, I still have copies of all documents and evidence of our relationship. Crying time is over, I am going to a passport picture place to take my picture now.

Wish us luck :wacko::wacko:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

good luck to you. FedEx will track from the minute it leaves your hands, so if it is lost, they will find it. sorry for you troubles.

Product-500.jpg

phsmall.gif

Vermont Service Center

I-129F Sent : 05-07-08

I-129F NOA1 : 05-15-08

Touched : 06-26-08

NOA2 : 08/29/08

ApprovaL NVC sent:09/01/08

Arrived @ NCV :09/03/08

called NVC 09/04/08 received case #*

NOA2 hard copy in mail Sept. 6, 2008

LetteR from NVC: Sept. 8, 2008

Left NVC : Sept. 24, 2008 > Arrived Sept. 29th

Medical Oct. : 7/13/2008 passed!

Interview date: Oct. 20,2008 7am ***APPROVED***

Visa delivery : Oct. 23,2008

Arrival in USA : oCt. 29 ,2008 POE Houston, Tx.

Life is good !!

<

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi I posted a message a few days ago saying we have not even received NOA1 after 2 months of waiting. My fiance (petitioner) called USCIS and they told him

they have not received our petition and it they did, he should have gotten the receipt long time ago.

I was very very very upset because I have been waiting and waiting ...for nothing. We supposed that our package was lost somewhere. I had a problem with USPS before,

but not this time ... how could they screw us up? We paid good money for express mail. Next time, we will use Fedex.

Now we have to file from the beginning. Thank god, I still have copies of all documents and evidence of our relationship. Crying time is over, I am going to a passport picture place to take my picture now.

Wish us luck :wacko::wacko:

If you wrote a personal check and it hasn't been cashed then you can probably trust the misinformation line and file again.

I doubt the problem was with the postal service. To what address did you send your petition?

If you use FedEx, be advised they cannot deliver to a PO Box.

I prefer USPS with tracking. YOu said you used express mail. Did you not track the express mail?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

We got our NOA1 after more than 100 days of waiting (see the signature) and that´s only cuz we placed the service request at USCIS. Maybe that´s what´s happening to you too. Maybe USPS hasn´t lost it. Maybe it just needs to be found at USCIS. Did they cash your check or did you have the mail tracked? :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

If I remember correctly, you are the couple who sent the petition to VSC with a money order in April?

I'm so sorry this has happened. You are not the first. :( It is possible it was lost anywhere along the way or even after it got to the uscis. If they don't have a record of it i'd surely send it again. Be thankful you have copies! ;)

As mentioned above, we too used usps with tracking and I tracked it from the moment it was shipped from MA and until it was delivered the very next day in VT. Had email, as well as snail mail, confirmations that it was delivered. That was only a couple dollars more. Whatever service you use be sure to have confirmation of delivery!

This is just one of many bumps along the way. Hopefully the process will go extra fast for you!

good luck

timeline.jpg

Timeline

We did not track our package because I had never have any trouble that express mail doesnt reach its destination. My fiance is now looking for the receipt. I was stupid for trusting USPS too much. Yes we sent a money order and he will go to the bank with a receipt next week to check. We will start preparing another package, and meanwhile perhaps we will receive NOA1. If we dont get anything by the end of this month (means it has been more than 3 months) , we will mail another package.

We were not cautious to begin with so that was our fault. next time we will track every single step.

now is the time our patience is going to be tested. I will try to think positive!

thank you everyone for messages

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
We did not track our package because I had never have any trouble that express mail doesnt reach its destination. My fiance is now looking for the receipt. I was stupid for trusting USPS too much. Yes we sent a money order and he will go to the bank with a receipt next week to check. We will start preparing another package, and meanwhile perhaps we will receive NOA1. If we dont get anything by the end of this month (means it has been more than 3 months) , we will mail another package.

We were not cautious to begin with so that was our fault. next time we will track every single step.

now is the time our patience is going to be tested. I will try to think positive!

I'm sorry you are going through this and glad that you realize that this whole process is a test in patience. It grows your character. (or so they tell me)

I wanted to add that I sent my package by USPS, but tracked it. And VSC told me they hadn't received it even though the tracking said they had and gave me a name of the person who signed for it. A week later I received my NOA1. This was before they became quite so disorganized, I was right on the cusp of the change over and slow down. So, laying blame is a waste of time. Your package could be sitting on a shelf in the mail room. Send a check instead of a money order, cause now that money is lost if you decide to send in another package.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR THAT! :blush:

TIME LINE

09/2007 - Gathered all documents for I-129F petition.

11/09/2007 - Sent I-129F

11/21/2007 - Package sent back to me( I forgot to sign one of my G-325A forms) I cried my eyes out but sent it next day delivery back to USCIS.

11/27/2007 - Received NOA1

02/13/2008 - Received NOA2

02/20/2008 - Package left NVC

02/22/2008 - Case uploaded into Ghana consulate data system

04/08/2008 - Packet 3 & 4 sent to fiance

04/16/2008 - Packet 3 & 4 received by fiance

06/24/2008 - Interview date (God blessings on this day)

06/24/2008 - DENIED visa at interview

06/25/2008 - APPROVED visa at 2nd interview with senior consulate

06/27/2008 - Picked up VISA

07/03/2008 - Fiance entered USA at JFK POE & Got EAD Stamp in passport

07/18/2008 - Married

08/07/2008 - Mailed AOS application

Check out pics K&A pics from Ghana: http://missymoet.hi5.com

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR THAT! :blush:

I had the exact same problem with Vermont. I doubt it is the USPS, mine had a tracking number, and was confirmed delivered. But the check was never cashed. So we sent in a 2nd copy 1 month after the 1st.

Scott and Marta: Did they already have your name in the system when you called?

Dale

Feb. 27 2008 Petition mailed to VSC via USPS

Mar 3 Delivered VSC

Mar 28 2008 2nd Petition mailed to VSC via USPS first one must be lost.

Mar 31 2008 VSC Received.

Apr 9 Check Cleared.

Apr 9 NOA1

Apr 13 Touched.

Apr 14 Touched.

May 6 Touched

May 7 Touched

July 14 NOA2 (4 months 2 weeks 3 days after it was sent)

July 16 Received NVC.

July 18 Shipped NVC

July 21 DHL Received.

July 23 Delivered Kiev Embassy.

Aug 1 In embassy system, assume they sent packet, can schedule interview.

Aug 4 Schedule interview earliest date is Sept 22.

Sep 22 Interview Date (Approved)

Sep 25 Visa arrives in mail.

Oct 6 Alyona Arrives Dallas.

Nov 28 Married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Total days waiting for our future, 7 months 1 week 3 days.

Dec 16,2008 AOS Sent Fedx to Chicago

Dec 17,2008 AOS Recieved.

Dec 22,2008 NOA2 Date

Dec 23,2008 Check Cashed.

Dec 26,2008 NOA2's arive in mail.

Dec 31,2008 Biometric arives in mail.

Jan 14,2009 Biometric Appointment.

Apr 10, 2009 Interview

Apr 20,2009 Conditional green card production ordered.

Apr 28,2009 Green card arrived.

Citizenship

2012-01-19 Applied

2012-01-28 NOA

2012-02-13 Bio.

2012-04-19 Interview

2012-04-19 Oath

Scott and Marta: Did they already have your name in the system when you called?

Yeah I think they did. They just said they couldn´t send us an NOA1 until we place the service request, which cannot be placed earlier than 90 days after they receive the package.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Sorry to hear about this. If you sent it by USPS Express, look for your receipt. If it wasn't delivered in the time frame posted, they have to refund your money. Also, when you find the receipt, you can track it online even now and it'll tell you the date, time and who signed for it. Express mail is always trackable online, but not first class unless you pay for certified mail, etc. Go to this site if you find the receipt and see what it says:

http://www.usps.com/shipping/trackandconfirm.htm

Good luck :thumbs: Our package was lost (misplaced) by either CSC or NVC (both said the other lost it) last October after we got the NOA2, so I know how you feel.

K-1 Timeline:

May 31, 2007 - Mailed I-129F to Nebraska

Oct. 22, 2007 - NOA2 Hard Copy received!! No email/website update.

Nov. 16, 2007 - Paperwork found & received by NVC!

Jan. 7, 2008 - Finally got the interview date

Jan. 28, 2008 - Interview!! Approved!!!

Feb. 12, 2008 - Arrives in USA!!!

Feb. 18, 2008 - Wedding Day!!!!!!

Feb. 19, 2008 - Apply for SSN

AOS Timeline:

Mar. 12, 2008 - Packet mailed (AOS, EAD, & AP)

Mar. 12, 2008 - Husband's SSN arrives

Mar. 14, 2008 - AOS pkt was delivered at 7:52 AM & signed for by V BUSTAMANTE.

Mar. 18, 2008 - Check cashed!!

Mar. 21, 2008 - NOA's for AOS, EAD & I-131!! (Dated 3-18-08)

Mar. 31, 2008 - Can finally see AP & EAD online!!

Apr. 10, 2008 - Biometrics finished! Can finally see AOS online & EAD touch!

May 12, 2008 - Email: AP approved!!

May 14, 2008 - Email: EAD approved!!

May 16, 2008 - EAD card & AP in hand!!

Sept 19, 2008 - Interview letter - Oct. 24th - Seattle??

Oct. 21, 2008 - A Touch..WOW!! The interviewer must've put it on his/her desk!

Oct. 24, 2008 - Interview..now back to waiting!

Nov 13, 2008 - Approved! Card Production Ordered...finally!!

Nov 24, 2008 - Card arrives!!!!

Timeline

Hello everyone. I think our petition was lost by USCIS as well. I dont think Express mail could be lost like that. I just signed my side of documents and sent them to my fiance in US. Next time we will add a return receipt. Since it is going to take more time than I expected, I am thinking of visiting my fiance and our dog sometime when it is cheap to travel. :blush: Accident happens, but we don't have be defeated by it, right?

I'm so sorry this has happened to you guys. Alan and I had exactly the same problem with USPS. The woman sold Alan the return receipt process because she said that this was the most popular method to send such documents blah blah blah. It was never delivered to USCIS and perhaps more worryingly it was never returned to us. When we finally called USCIS about our NOA1 they told us exactly the same thing, thankfully the whole ordeal only set us back around 4/5 weeks and our journey has been very fast the second time around. I didn't think any postal service could be worse than the one we have here in the UK but I was proven wrong by USPS. I just hope that our first set of documents don't eventually find their ways into the hands of someone who will misuse the information on them.

Good luck everyone!

Bex xxx

I-129F

12.03.08 ~ NOA1

12.05.08 ~ NOA2

06.06.08 ~ Packet 3

18.06.08 ~ Packet 4

25.06.08 ~ Medical

11.07.08 ~ Interview - Approved!

22.07.08 ~ POE Atlanta

K1 = 3months, 29days

AOS

07.11.08 ~ NOA 1 - AOS, EAD, AP

24.11.08 ~ Transferred to CSC

28.11.08 ~ Biometrics

31.12.08 ~ EAD/AP Approved :)

23.03.09 ~ RFE

06.04.09 ~ RFE response delivered to CSC

22.04.09 ~ Card production ordered

01.05.09 ~ Conditional GC arrived in the mail

Permanent Residence = 5months, 15days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.