2,101 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We received our AP yesterday in the mail but no notice about our RFE just yet.

MOHAMED!!! You got an RFE also?????????? So, cases transferred to CSC do get RFe's on I 485! What in the world can these RFE's be for?? I know we didn't send in a certified copy of the marriage certificate because some said they didn't and got an approval and also we didn't have the immunizations transferred by a civil surgeon because again some didn't and got approval, I am figure it is one of these. I will keep you all updated as soon as we get the paperwork, I imagine it will be today or tomorrow.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
i got my EAD card today in the mail and also I-131 BUTTTTTTTTTTTTT

got REF FOR I-485

Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On September 8, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Sent

On September 8, 2008, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, call 1-800-375-5283 to update your address.

Congratulations for having the AP and AED but so sorry to hear about your AOS.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
HI ALL HAS ANYONE GOT THEIR I-485 APPROVED AFTER THE TOUCHES FROM AUGUST 21 AND 22???????????????

Hi! I received email from CRIS last Friday saying that they sent a welcome letter for a new permanent resident.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi everyone,

As i was expecting, i got a notice yesterday in the mail dated september 2nd to appear for initial interveiw for my AOS on october 17th. of course i did not get no e-mail and i had no touch in AOS since my biometric.

does anyone has informations, how to prepare for that interview? any answers will help!

Thank you!

"An unexamined life is not worth living." -- Socrates

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Our AOS/EAD/AP packet was received on 30th June and since the Biometrics on July 22nd there has been no touches. On the 5th September we got the dreaded pink letter from USCIS for an RFE, specifically financial support documentation.

This was obtained and mailed the same day and we called the USCIS to speak to an operator she said (not to tell anyone else) no matter how good your documentation is they will randomly pick out people and this will happen. I believe it's stalling tactics to reduce the number of claims to process. We are in San Diego and yet it's not been transferred to the CSC, it's at the NBC taking longer. I don't understand the logic but ah well.

Our packet probably won't matter now anyway but thought I'd share that. Good luck to everyone else in random waiting game!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Our AOS/EAD/AP packet was received on 30th June and since the Biometrics on July 22nd there has been no touches. On the 5th September we got the dreaded pink letter from USCIS for an RFE, specifically financial support documentation.

This was obtained and mailed the same day and we called the USCIS to speak to an operator she said (not to tell anyone else) no matter how good your documentation is they will randomly pick out people and this will happen. I believe it's stalling tactics to reduce the number of claims to process. We are in San Diego and yet it's not been transferred to the CSC, it's at the NBC taking longer. I don't understand the logic but ah well.

Our packet probably won't matter now anyway but thought I'd share that. Good luck to everyone else in random waiting game!

HI sorry to hear that..it might not be that bad..Have you had your EAD though?

USflag.gifr.gifi.gifc.gifh.gifo.gifphilippine_flag.gif

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

July 21, 2008---(ORIGINAL) NOA1 for AOS & EAD

July 29, 2008---"WALK-IN" BIOMETRICS DONE (AOS & EAD-1)

Oct 14, 2008---EAD1 CARD ARRIVES! Approval date is Oct. 2, 2008

Dec 10, 2008---INTERVIEW DAY! APPROVED!!!

Dec 17, 2008---WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

Jan 9, 2009---CARD RECEIVED FINALLY! Approval date 12-10-08..expires on 12-10-10

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Sept 10,2010---REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

Sept 10,2011---Application for citizenship

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
HI ALL HAS ANYONE GOT THEIR I-485 APPROVED AFTER THE TOUCHES FROM AUGUST 21 AND 22???????????????

I KNOW SOME PEOPLE HAVE RECEIVED APPROVAL SINCE THEN BUT WE HAVE NOT... WE DID RECEIVED OUR EAD AND AP APPROVAL.... HOPING TO HEAR SOON ABOUT OUR 485 CASE STATUS.

I got rfe last AUg 28

Sent the requested evidence Sept 2.

For the first time after touch for Biometrics, they updated my case online, they said they resume my case :)

Hope mine will be approve too next week or next next week

waiting --------------------

Edited by I luv my chappara

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

HI sorry to hear that..it might not be that bad..Have you had your EAD though?

No. I went for a job, got it and then they've been holding onto it for me since August 4th but they've had to let it go due to my lack of EAD. It's very frustrating.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Not me :wacko: Still "PATIENTLY'' waiting here :wacko:

11-16-12: Sent I-130 for Dad.
11-19-12: Priority date/rec'd date.
02-06-13: Case approved, NOA2.
02-19-13: NVC received case.
03-08-13: Case # assigned--HCM2013******.
03-09-13: Paid AOS Fee $88.00.
03-09-13: Emailed DS-3032 from Beneficiary's email address.
03-13-13: AOS Fee showed as PAID & sent AOS package certified mail.
03-18-13: AOS package delivered @ 10:50 A.M.
03-18-13: DS-3032 accepted.
03-20-13: IV Bill Invoice.
03-21-13: Paid IV Fee $230.00.
03-23-13: IV Fee showed as PAID.
04-23-13: Sent IV package certified mail.
04-26-13: IV package delivered @ 11:13 A.M.

05-08-13: Case completed @ NVC per telephone call.

05-15-15: Case completed per email from NVC.

06-07-13: Rec'd email from NVC RE: interview date. (letter dated 06-05-13).

07-18-13: Interview date-- PASSED.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Cheeky buggers!

:clock:

AOS

05/17/2008 AOS/EAD Sent

05/20/2008 Paper work recieved at Chicago office.

05/25/2008 Notice of receipt received

05/29/2008 Check cashed

08/21/2008 No action for 90 days, (including Biometrics) called USICS to start an inquiry, so much for reviewing cases as they are filed!

09/19/2008 Made info pass apointment....no touches since May 29th!!

09/25/2008 Recieved a letter to tell me my EAD was approved on Aug 28th however Phoenix Office is still too backlogged to take my biomertrics!

09/29/2008 Revieved letter for Biometrics appointment for Oct 8th

10/08/2008 Biometricts

10/09/2008 Touch on AOS

Filed: IR-5 Country: Vietnam
Timeline
I got rfe last AUg 28

For the first time after touch for Biometrics, they updated my case online, they said they resume my case :)

Congrats on the touch and case resumed :wacko: You'll get your EAD very soon :wacko:

11-16-12: Sent I-130 for Dad.
11-19-12: Priority date/rec'd date.
02-06-13: Case approved, NOA2.
02-19-13: NVC received case.
03-08-13: Case # assigned--HCM2013******.
03-09-13: Paid AOS Fee $88.00.
03-09-13: Emailed DS-3032 from Beneficiary's email address.
03-13-13: AOS Fee showed as PAID & sent AOS package certified mail.
03-18-13: AOS package delivered @ 10:50 A.M.
03-18-13: DS-3032 accepted.
03-20-13: IV Bill Invoice.
03-21-13: Paid IV Fee $230.00.
03-23-13: IV Fee showed as PAID.
04-23-13: Sent IV package certified mail.
04-26-13: IV package delivered @ 11:13 A.M.

05-08-13: Case completed @ NVC per telephone call.

05-15-15: Case completed per email from NVC.

06-07-13: Rec'd email from NVC RE: interview date. (letter dated 06-05-13).

07-18-13: Interview date-- PASSED.

I got rfe last AUg 28

Congrats on the touch and case resumed :wacko: You'll get your EAD very soon :wacko:

Thank You :) yah hope so, I will get the EAD soon, they just updated it yesterday sept 8, and today ..

You will receive your GC soon.. :star:

Edited by I luv my chappara

I received my EAD card on the mail yesterday. It was approved on 9/4. I'm surprised to see soft LUD's on 9/8 and 9/9 (today) Does anyone have any idea what these touches could be for?

While getting touches for EAD I already received, there is no touch on my AOS since they received the RFE document on 8/7...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.