Dixie_Peach

Have Case Number through NVC

66 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Congrats Lynne ... you will soon memorize that number and have it engraved in your heart. Ive had ours memorized for this entire process ... it's a love/hate relationship. Sometimes I love it sometimes I hate it. :lol:

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Another thing you may want to think about is getting Jamal to get everything translated into English. I know some consulates don't require it, but they told Amed to have all of the official documents (birth certificate, military ID card, proof of marital status, etc) translated into English. You'll need it for AOS anyway, and it's cheaper to get it done over there than it is to get it done here. Also, don't forget the police report!

Congratulations, and good luck!!! :dance:

4/15/06- Visa in hand!!!

4/21/06 Arrival in U.S.

5/11/06 Legal Marriage

11/4/06 Wedding

AOS

6/12/06 AOS, EAD, and AP papers sent off

6/26/06 NOA1 Date

7/17/06 Biometrics done

8/04/06 Case transferred to CSC

8/8/06 Case received at CSC

9/21/06 Greencard received!!!!

8/31/09 Naturalization- Done with USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

thanks guys!

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Filed: Timeline

Lynn, Hasn't Jamal been living out of Morocco some? He will need a police report for everywhere he lived. They say only if he lived there more than 6 months, but I think I've seen others on here have to have them for less time than that.

I would recommend he take some proof of his shows and stuff in the other countries too. It might help valididate the fact that he travels as an artist. A printout of your website might be good for him to have on him, to show his work and that you two do it together as a family business.

Timeline
Lynn, Hasn't Jamal been living out of Morocco some? He will need a police report for everywhere he lived. They say only if he lived there more than 6 months, but I think I've seen others on here have to have them for less time than that.

I would recommend he take some proof of his shows and stuff in the other countries too. It might help valididate the fact that he travels as an artist. A printout of your website might be good for him to have on him, to show his work and that you two do it together as a family business.

that is a very good idea liz... ty so much!!!

114959908992789.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

yeah MH.. sometimes it's hard to find translators too... it took me and Yacine over 6 hours to find one in downtown Algiers, only to find that it was going to take them a whole week to do it!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
:D Okay guys... so I just got through to the NVC... spoke with a very nice lady... gave her my CSC reciept number... and she said that NVC had received our petition TODAY... and she gave me the NVC case number...

Okay... i am so excited now... will you guys please help me with the next step?

Of course, I will receive all correspondence through my attorney... but, I am hoping that I have everything in order...

1) Have original NOA1 & NOA2 (will get that from attorney)

2) Tax transcripts for 3 years

3) NEW letter of intent

4) Got co-sponsor (just in case... don't think I will need it tho...)

5) Will get letter from my bank

What else? My mind is a little overwhelmed at the moment... any and all advice will be very much appreciated!

Thanks everyone!

Lynne

congratulations lynne, nothing to add more than what guys said but i dont know if you saw that post my princess sent to sarah i think a list of all what she sent me. so hurry up things gonna go fast now ,you are gonna have interview in a month after NOA2 like 05/18 :) . :dance::dance:

hard luck . :thumbs:

I LOVE you my sweetheart now, tomorrow, forever and lonnnnnnnnnger than forever..

Filed: Timeline
you are gonna have interview in a month after NOA2 like 05/18 :) . :dance::dance:

hard luck . :thumbs:

I hope she does but don't get your hopes up too high Lynne. Our NOA1 and NOA2 went though really quick, then our interview date was 3 months out! We wanted to scream. Of course that's nothing compared to what the poor ladies in the middle east are facing, but it was still frustrating.

Prepare for the worst, and hope for the best. :star:

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congratulations Lynne and Jamal, I am so happy your are getting closer to being together. These people have some great suggestions. I will repeat some below and make a couple more to share with anyone that is about to have their interview so they can prepare:

1) Like everyone said get every evidence you can gathered up.

2) Have a nice photo album put together showing all the pictures you will need to prove your relationship, I think some ladies have spent a lot of time organizing, labeling and scrapbooking these books. That might show your are serious too.

3) Buy office folders and clips that you and Jamal can use to organize all the paperwork for Jamal's interview and more importantly have labeled on the outside so the CO has to see he has this evidence and what is inside. Since it's hard to get office supplies you can easily buy in the US, it can't hurt for the CO to see. They surely know this fact and maybe they will take notice that you have to send to your spouse/fiancee and that you are serious about your case. Maybe I try to much but little things can't hurt. LOL

4) Make sure you have copies of all the forms you sent in for the I130 and 129F, especially the biographical information and make sure you send copies of those to Jamal. Jamal should study this information to make sure he gives answers that are consistent with this.

5)You can get questions to Jamal to start practing, there might be some on here or use what I sent you. Anyone else you can ask me for my questions I'll gladly share.

6)Make sure you are contacting your Congressman and Senators and setting up these relationship and giving them their signed permission sheets so they can legally help you. Any of you that needs help doing this don't hesitate to contact me, I will show you your Congressman & Senators contact information and e-mail addresses. I will even send you a blank permission sheet you can sign and fax to them. What I did was when the packet arrived at the Consulate I asked my Senators and Congressman for help to get the interview date set up. I did this more to get a relationship set up if I needed their help than than to get the interview. But if you can get the interview sooner, that is better. Also having your Senators and Congressman contacting the Consulate about your case before your interview can't hurt, it can only prove you are serious and they might filing every contact in your file so they will see all these hits when the interview takes place.

7) You can start e-mailing the consulate also and working on letters/e-mails to send before and just after your interview to help the Consulate want to help you. Sometimes these letters are hard to write and take a lot of time and doing them in advance might make them better, especially if we write them when we are calmer. This also gives you time to contact someone you know is very good at writing or convincing others to do what you want. There are some people that are good at this and a lot of us that are not. Getting help from others on this could be so useful. Hope you all understand this and that you have to play the political game to get what you want sometimes and to do that you have to make people want to help you.

8)Evidence you can get: phone records, Jamal can print out the (e-mails, instant messages you have shared in the past) and get them all organized. You can also have Jamal gather up any cards, letters, receipt proof if you mailed him boxes with gifts, moneygram/money order receipts if you sent any money. You can also gather up trip tickets and confirm dates you visited and where you went together. Those of you still having visits before your interview, can register online with the Dept. of State or you can go in person to the Consulate when you are there to tell them you are in the Country to visit and why.

9) Besides practicing questions for the interview talk to anyone that has had an interview in the Consulate that you trust and have them tell how it works. Jamal especially needs to talk to someone with this experience so he can relax and know what he's in for.

10) It's not necessary but the week before Karim's interview he went to the Consulate to make sure he was okay since we got a e-mail back making it look like our lawyer didn't cancel our first interview properly and we were worried they might hold this against him at his second interview. Well when he was there he talked to a couple Moroccan men that worked at the Consulate and one was the one at the window. When he returned for his interview because they liked him they checked on him before and after the interview. After the interview they explained the 221g he got and assured him he would get the visa. They didn't explain everything guess they are not allowed to out right explain anything LOL, but this also helped up have more hope. Plus it helped Karim to see the Consulate again and to see others going through the same a week before his appointment. He worried a little bit less having a fresh lession what to expect.

I secretly was praying they would let Karim take his fingerprints since he was there to save time later at his interview, but I knew I was in dream land or desperate land just wanting Karim with me one day earlier.

If you mail all this stuff you can get now for him now, it will get there in time (making you not worry he will not have it) and cheaper than last minute rush delivery. But for those of you that are so lucky to be able to be with your spouse/fiancee before their interview you could go a few days before and use the excuse you want to register to have the same effect so you can check out the place and maybe make some good contacts.

I am drawing a blank and I will have to get Karim to give me the sheet they gave him telling him everything they will need for him to bring. That way you can see what you and Jamal will need to get for the interview. Among those items Jamal will need to set up and get his physical (make sure Jamal has them give him a card showing which vacines he gets), he doesn't want to have to get them again. Since they are the Doctors the Consulate sends them to, maybe they can list it in english, if not they can get it translated without to much cost. The birth Certificate and Police Certificate might not be good if they are picked up too soon before the interview, or maybe Morocco is the ones that like to expire those items so they can keep charging for new copies. Jamal will need to get everything translated for the interview. Karim knows of a good translator in Kenitra he claimed was better than the other ones we used in the past because she had a special stamp from the Moroccan Government allowing her to do the job, that other translators didn't have yet. I will also try and get Karim to sit down soon like I promised earlier and write down all the questions they asked him during his interview and what he experienced so to share, plus he can talk to Jamal also.

I will work on getting these two things for you from Karim and if I think of anything else you need to get for the interview I will let you know Lynne.

I hope you don't mind I was so detailed and repeated things I know I already shared with you, but I figured it could help someone else so it might be good I repeat since we are here to help.

Again I am so excited you are nearing the big day to be together. :dance:(L)(F):D:D:P:):thumbs:

If anyone needs help finding anything I mentioned above please contact me. I will do all I can to help you and save you time because I am here to help.

God Bless,

Paula

Timeline

everyone... thank you so much for your kindness... your support... your help... i wish that i could express in the correct words how much i appreciate every one of you...

i have started doing as you suggested... and hope to have all of my ducks in a row soon... just need to get it organized in a folder...

Simo... i am sooooooooo praying that you get your visa soon! I know that carrie is so lonely without you... and you without her...

I am praying not just for myself... but for all of us here on VJ... to be with our habibi's soon...

Inshallah, our prayers will be answered soon!

Lynne

114959908992789.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Well, Miss Dixie Peach, I am in the same boat as you and I am so glad you asked this question. I just sat back and read the replies and learned so much. Good luck with the rest of your visa journey. Inshaallah, we will be with our loved ones soon.

meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.