Dixie_Peach

Have Case Number through NVC

66 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

awwwwwwwwwwww Meriem... ty

I will be looking forward to the day that I read that your habibi has his interview...

is there a long wait period for the AP after the interview? or do you think he could get his VISA the same day of interview? oh wow, wouldn't that be awesome?

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

MHandMB got their visa soon after the interview, and Icey said she knew of several people that have gone through Algiers that got their visa quickly. Inshallah, it will be the same for us. I hope you get yours quickly too. I think I was more patient in the beginning of the process. The closer it gets to him actually getting his visa the more impatient and anxious I get.

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Timeline
MHandMB got their visa soon after the interview, and Icey said she knew of several people that have gone through Algiers that got their visa quickly. Inshallah, it will be the same for us. I hope you get yours quickly too. I think I was more patient in the beginning of the process. The closer it gets to him actually getting his visa the more impatient and anxious I get.

Meriem (F)

i sooooooooooo know that feeling... i am gathering everything together now... gonna have everything ready for when i get the letter from the nvc... so that i can send it...

meriem... Inshallah, i will be praying that your habibi's interview will be just as smooth and go quickly as those before him...

*hugs*

Lynne

114959908992789.gif

Timeline

okay... i know i have read it here on VJ somewhere... but my mind is MUSH...

do I sent the ORIGINAL noa1 & noa2 forms to jamal for his interview? or are copies okay?

thanks guys!

114959908992789.gif

do I sent the ORIGINAL noa1 & noa2 forms to jamal for his interview? or are copies okay?

thanks guys!

I just sent a copy. They didn't end up asking for it.

It seems risky to send an original in the mail, since it's so likely to get lost and it costs something like $100 to get another copy of it. But I don't know if officially you need to be able to provide the original. Sorry, I wish I had a better answer for you

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

thanks guys!

--------

I thought of a couple more things to remember to get and do, hope it helps:

First to answer your question I only sent the copies of the letters from Immigration (noa1 & noa2) and in my old to do list I must have read someplace that was all was needed and it all worked out. I just don't have writen in my notes where I learned this fact.

Also make sure you send copies of all your W-2's with your three years of taxes. If you have a co-signer do the same for them. But for Karim they didn't even take any of this, but my lawyer told us to make sure Karim has it.

Also tell Jamal before he goes to his medical examine to get a list of all his local vaccination records, that way he doesn't have to repeat any and gets credit for them. That could save money and soreness. Plus when he gets more vacines when he has his medical examination also make sure he gets a card to prove that as well for future use when he has to get his Civil Surgeon Exam and Vaccinations for his greencard application here in the states. You would think they can use the same medical exam but they can't, but at least you can avoid any unnessary repeats on vacinations. I try to avoid any unnessary OUCH!

LOL

Hope this helps all of you,

Paula

Filed: Timeline

Lynne, There is a form he can ask for from the doctor for the vaccinations. It is a DS3025. He may have to insist, but they will give it to him. There is a form in the packet he will get that says they have to give it to him, so if necessary he can show that to get it.

Once he gets here, you can take that form to the local health department and they will give him any additional vaccinations he needs and fill out a form I-693. Then you take that to your local civil surgeon and get his signature on it. We were lucky and the one here in Savannah signed it free, we just had to call and talk to a slightly grumpy office manager who turned out to be very sweet, then sit and wait while she went and got his signature.

He will not need to repeat the medical exam here, since you are on a K1. Not sure how other processes work, but the vaccination supplement is all that is required for K-1 (unless they take forever to get to your AOS interview and it's more than a year, then you might have to get another medical at that time).

Also, don't worry if there are some immunizations marked as not applicable or something. That's not a problem.

Good luck!

Timeline

ty ty ty... i do not know what i would do without you guys that have already been through or are going through the process...

liz... paula... you guys are INVALUABLE!!!

114959908992789.gif

Timeline
Lynne, There is a form he can ask for from the doctor for the vaccinations. It is a DS3025. He may have to insist, but they will give it to him. There is a form in the packet he will get that says they have to give it to him, so if necessary he can show that to get it.

Once he gets here, you can take that form to the local health department and they will give him any additional vaccinations he needs and fill out a form I-693. Then you take that to your local civil surgeon and get his signature on it. We were lucky and the one here in Savannah signed it free, we just had to call and talk to a slightly grumpy office manager who turned out to be very sweet, then sit and wait while she went and got his signature.

He will not need to repeat the medical exam here, since you are on a K1. Not sure how other processes work, but the vaccination supplement is all that is required for K-1 (unless they take forever to get to your AOS interview and it's more than a year, then you might have to get another medical at that time).

Also, don't worry if there are some immunizations marked as not applicable or something. That's not a problem.

Good luck!

The Civil Surgeon and vacines I mentioned are for the greencard package when you are nearing the interview for that when you are in the states. For those of you going through the K1 process you will have to wait until you are married until you can file the I130, so you have a year after you are married probably until you get to this stage and have to worry about all this. But some vacines are only needed once in a lifetime, still no need to repeat them. I will note these forms so I can share know to share with others in the future. Thanks Honeyblonde for the info.

Paula

Timeline

my attorney has my tax files from 2002 - 2004... but, she says she does NOT have them...although I know she does... she can't find them... so, I called the toll-free number and got my tax transcripts for 2002 - 2005 (two copies)... will I still need my w-2's for these years?

114959908992789.gif

Timeline
my attorney has my tax files from 2002 - 2004... but, she says she does NOT have them...although I know she does... she can't find them... so, I called the toll-free number and got my tax transcripts for 2002 - 2005 (two copies)... will I still need my w-2's for these years?

----------

If you took your taxes to a tax service maybe they have copies of your taxes and W-2's on file. That sometimes if faster to get and a better look than those crazy read outs you get from the IRS. But the IRS copies will do. Plus make sure you get your 2005 taxes and you will have to redo your affidative of support forms to include the 2005 years and this has to be notorized again. You will also need to redo the biographical form possibly since they just updated the forms on that. I understand they can cause headaches if you don't use the newest form, even though I hear they look almost the same. Just some thoughts for you to be careful about.

Paula

----------

If you took your taxes to a tax service maybe they have copies of your taxes and W-2's on file. That sometimes if faster to get and a better look than those crazy read outs you get from the IRS. But the IRS copies will do. Plus make sure you get your 2005 taxes and you will have to redo your affidative of support forms to include the 2005 years and this has to be notorized again. You will also need to redo the biographical form possibly since they just updated the forms on that. I understand they can cause headaches if you don't use the newest form, even though I hear they look almost the same. Just some thoughts for you to be careful about.

Paula

Sorry, I was talking about redoing the biographical forms when you start working on your greencard package. Ignore that part if you are doing the K1, but you still need to redo the affidative of support to include your 2005 taxes.

Paula

Timeline

just called nvc... actually to inquire about the march 6, 2006 k visa laws (?) - noticed threads saying returned k1's...

anyways... was told by a nice man named John that our k1 petition is EN ROUTE to Morocco as of TODAY!

YAYYYYYYYY!

*getting anxious*

114959908992789.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.