SpiritAlight

Don't you love it when...

874 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
...your dog starts howling at the tornado sirens, stops, looks at you, opens his mouth, looks at you, and then starts howling again?

(I'm sorry, I think this was a "you had to be there" moment, but it was seriously hysterical -- you could almost see the thoughts running through his head in between howls

"ohmygoshmyearsIhavetohowlbutisitoktomakenoiseinthehousemyearsokIcan'tstopIMUSTHOWL")

:lol:

Poor puppy.

Did you get any tornados?

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
...your dog starts howling at the tornado sirens, stops, looks at you, opens his mouth, looks at you, and then starts howling again?

(I'm sorry, I think this was a "you had to be there" moment, but it was seriously hysterical -- you could almost see the thoughts running through his head in between howls

"ohmygoshmyearsIhavetohowlbutisitoktomakenoiseinthehousemyearsokIcan'tstopIMUSTHOWL")

Poor puppy.

nope no tornadoes, just a nice thunder and lightning storm. There was a good chance that it could have turned into one a couple of different times, but thankfully none this time!

It was funny, when we first heard the sirens, we went outside on the porch to see what direction the sound was coming from, and you could hear all the dogs in the neighbourhood just howling away!

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Poor puppy.

nope no tornadoes, just a nice thunder and lightning storm. There was a good chance that it could have turned into one a couple of different times, but thankfully none this time!

It was funny, when we first heard the sirens, we went outside on the porch to see what direction the sound was coming from, and you could hear all the dogs in the neighbourhood just howling away!

That would be funny.

iagree.gif

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Don't you just love it when the very students who have driven you crazy all year long give you, on their last day of high school, a handwritten card thanking you for being a patient (ha!), dedicated, understanding, and INSPIRING teacher!!!

I cried. I got cards from each of my four senior classes today (and a few individual cards too) that were so sweet...one of them was even written in couplets (I teach creative writing).

And this is why I still do this job.... *sigh*

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Don't you just love it when the very students who have driven you crazy all year long give you, on their last day of high school, a handwritten card thanking you for being a patient (ha!), dedicated, understanding, and INSPIRING teacher!!!

I cried. I got cards from each of my four senior classes today (and a few individual cards too) that were so sweet...one of them was even written in couplets (I teach creative writing).

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW. That's the BEST. :luv:

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

that's awesome :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline

that's awesome :)

I know. Nothing can ruin my mood this weekend.

And people complain that teenagers are selfish and rude. Not all of them!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Don't you love it when.....

You receive an unexpected thank you card with Zinnia and Aster flower seeds in it. :)

Thank you, Marilyn! That was so thoughtful of you. I will take a picture and post it here when they have bloomed. (F)

can't wait to see them :)

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh I hear ya sister. Grade 5 girls can be some of the hardest ones to deal with...they're on the cusp of being teenagers yet they're still little girls y'know? I had a few of those sweet cards too, from some of the girls that I tutoured afterschool, hoping to get them to where they will pass the state standardised test. They passed. :D

Yeah, I agree...those are the moments that remind one why they chose to become an educator. *sigh*

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Timeline

Oh I hear ya sister. Grade 5 girls can be some of the hardest ones to deal with...they're on the cusp of being teenagers yet they're still little girls y'know? I had a few of those sweet cards too, from some of the girls that I tutoured afterschool, hoping to get them to where they will pass the state standardised test. They passed. :D

Yeah, I agree...those are the moments that remind one why they chose to become an educator. *sigh*

Karen, you know what I do? I keep all these cards, letters, etc from the kids and put them in a file. When I'm feeling really low and overwhelmed and in the "why the heck do I stay here" mood, I read them and it reminds me.

Oh, you have to do those standardized state tests? I'm so so glad I don't have to do that.

OOoh and I want to see pictures of flowers!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

When fresh peaches are on sale at the grocery store!!

:dancing:

"Я тебя люблю. Эти слова имеют мою жизнь в них."

Eligible for N-400 early based on Section 329 of the INA, Service During Hostilities

lLNXm5.png

.... your daughter conspires with one of her aunts and a cousin to throw a bridal shower for you :crying:(L)

April 13, 2009 - Welcome to the USA letter rec'd. PRC to be rec'd within 3 weeks.

April 16, 2009 - 2 yr GC rec'd in mail.

March 2, 2011 - Mailed in I-751 to CSC

March 4, 2011 - I-751 delivered to CSC

March 4, 2011 - NOA issued

March 12, 2011 - NOA received

April 14, 2011 - BIO Appt 5/6/11

May 6, 2011 - BIO done in 10 minutes...no re-takes this time :)

June 27, 2011 - Email rec'd "Status - Approved"

July 1, 2011 - 10 yr GC arrived

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
You find out that the trees growing near the patio are flowering trees!

Flowering_Tree005.jpg

Those look like crape myrtles - one of my favourites! They are in bloom from June to November in a riot of beautiful colours!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.