SpiritAlight

Don't you love it when...

874 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats Cat!

Awww E....how sweet! :)

Love reading all these posts...sometimes one needs these positive things to read.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

....you look down at the scale and you realize, yes, you HAVE lost 20 pounds.....finally! :)

(Sorry, I am so happy about this, it's been a long fight with more to go and I have to tell somebody other than my husband and my mom! :blush:)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

....you look down at the scale and you realize, yes, you HAVE lost 20 pounds.....finally! :)

(Sorry, I am so happy about this, it's been a long fight with more to go and I have to tell somebody other than my husband and my mom! :blush:)

Holy smokes girl!

Congrats if that was your goal.

:star:

I hope you have not lacked in nutrients in doing some horrid "crash diet".

Edited by SpiritAlight

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

congrats Cassie... :thumbs:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Holy smokes girl!

Congrats if that was your goal.

:star:

I hope you have not lacked in nutrients in doing some horrid "crash diet".

Nope, doing it the old-fashioned way, with good diet/portion control and exercise! :) Oh, and the occasional treat. :)

My overall goal is 100 + pounds. Losing on average a pound a week, so I figure it will take me another year or so to get where I want to be. I'm just psyched about hitting 20 pounds because I am close to 1/4 of the way there and had to share it with you all.

Don't you just love it when after searching for a job for a few months you finally get a good job with nice people... :D

that is the best feeling, isn't it? :) Congrats again Marilyn!

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Great accomplishment Cassie.. I'm sure it FEELS good too !!!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just saw this Cassie, congratulations to you, I know it's hard work :thumbs:

And I just had some good news....my Sister found her dog - because of some very nice people.

Her dog got out yesterday as some stranger opened her back gate. She spent hours and hours searching to no avail, however she stopped in at Starbucks and talked to Holly there.

What she didn't know was that Holly entered the information in to the Starbucks computer so the next shift would get the info. Also, another woman who works there was listening while my Sister was talking.

Long story short, the other woman saw Buttercup go in to someones back yard and called her work to get the number and then called my Sister.

Buttercup is at the puppy salon getting burrs removed - but at least she is home safe and sound!

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Don't you love it when your hubby insists on cutting the grass when you really want him to sit on the couch and watch a movie with you, but lawnmower gods have different plans and ensure that it won't start. :D

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

...you're in the middle of typing a random text to your husband and see that he has sent one at the same time(with a 7 hour time difference :D )

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline
...you're in the middle of typing a random text to your husband and see that he has sent one at the same time(with a 7 hour time difference :D )

oh - that is sweet :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

When you find out why the flour here sucks and by doing a little research you can easily buy bread flour and treat it like the all purpose flour back in Canada, yay i can bake all the goodies for thanks giving. Its all about the protein in the flour Canada regulates it but the US doesn't so look for flour with 4g per 30g serving of protein all the other stuff is the same as our all purpose flour in Canada.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

• 2 weeks later...

..when total strangers welcome you into their midst and make you feel like family

..when your hubby goes out on your 3rd month anniversary (Sept) early in the morning to buy a rose and leave for you to see when you wake

April 13, 2009 - Welcome to the USA letter rec'd. PRC to be rec'd within 3 weeks.

April 16, 2009 - 2 yr GC rec'd in mail.

March 2, 2011 - Mailed in I-751 to CSC

March 4, 2011 - I-751 delivered to CSC

March 4, 2011 - NOA issued

March 12, 2011 - NOA received

April 14, 2011 - BIO Appt 5/6/11

May 6, 2011 - BIO done in 10 minutes...no re-takes this time :)

June 27, 2011 - Email rec'd "Status - Approved"

July 1, 2011 - 10 yr GC arrived

Timeline
When you find out why the flour here sucks and by doing a little research you can easily buy bread flour and treat it like the all purpose flour back in Canada, yay i can bake all the goodies for thanks giving. Its all about the protein in the flour Canada regulates it but the US doesn't so look for flour with 4g per 30g serving of protein all the other stuff is the same as our all purpose flour in Canada.

That's really nice BH :)

Ontarkie, that is excellent information to know!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.