SpiritAlight

Don't you love it when...

874 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Gotta love it when I get a poem in an email from my Love. Always brightens my day.

Wishing I was there : Instead of Here

Wishing I was with the One I love : Instead of Here

Waiting Patiently Oh So patiently : For Everything to become Clear

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

When you get to party with your favorite Cousin who you haven't seen in months this weekend!

Rachel Marie :)

K3 *CR-1* Journey

2002: Met and started to date, long distance the whole time!

2006: Engaged

10.2006: Contacted lawyer to begin paperwork

4.30.07: Legally Married in Ft. Myers, FL

8.25.07: Religious Ceremony in St. John's, NL

12.6.07: Paperwork filed to USCIS (after trouble w/lawyer)

1.18.08: I-129F NOA1

2.29.08: I-129F Touch

3.13.08: I-130 NOA1

3.19.08: I-130 Touch

6.30.08: I-130 Touch!

7.1.08: I-130 Touch again!

9.3.08: I-130 NOA2!!!! (And weirdly, I-129F denial. Guess I'm going CR-1 route!)

6.23.09: Package... 3? 4? I don't know, but Andrew had his interview date scheduled.

8.14.09: Interview

...when you know that the Notice of Item from the post office means your VISA has arrived :dance:

...when you know that in a mere 5 weeks a church wedding will happen and 2 days later the move to a new home comes along :yes:

April 13, 2009 - Welcome to the USA letter rec'd. PRC to be rec'd within 3 weeks.

April 16, 2009 - 2 yr GC rec'd in mail.

March 2, 2011 - Mailed in I-751 to CSC

March 4, 2011 - I-751 delivered to CSC

March 4, 2011 - NOA issued

March 12, 2011 - NOA received

April 14, 2011 - BIO Appt 5/6/11

May 6, 2011 - BIO done in 10 minutes...no re-takes this time :)

June 27, 2011 - Email rec'd "Status - Approved"

July 1, 2011 - 10 yr GC arrived

You are about to make complicated dinner and Hubby says" Lets eat out" Ahhh! :D

AOS

APRIL 24 2008 - Filed AOS Packet APRIL 28 2008 - Package received and signed for by CHYBA

MAY 6 2008 ( Day 1) - Notice USCIS received MAY 10 2008 (Day 4) -Rec'd all 4 NOA's & Status of all 4 online

MAY 12 2008 (Day 6) - Received Biometrics letter MAY 14 2008 (Day 8) - Biometrics done early.

OCTOBER 22 2008 (DAY 170)- I-765:Card Production Ordered/I-131: Approval notice sent

OCTOBER 27 2008 (Day 175)- AP Received

OCTOBER 30 2008 (Day 178)- EAD Approval Notice Sent OCTOBER 31 2008 (Day 179)- EAD Received

NOVEMBER 4 2008- Applied for SSN / NOVEMBER 24 2008- SSN Received

JANUARY 15 2009- INTERVIEW-APPROVED!!

JANUARY 31 2009- GC RECEIVED_No more USCIS for 10 Months[/color]

ROC

October 27- I-751 Sent

October 30- I-751 Received

April 10-10 YR GC Received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
...when you know that the Notice of Item from the post office means your VISA has arrived :dance:

...when you know that in a mere 5 weeks a church wedding will happen and 2 days later the move to a new home comes along :yes:

WOOHOO congrats I'm so happy for you :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Wow so much good news!

This is simply wonder-full....and spreading to outside of us from the Cannuck forum.

...you get to finally see why Lake sailing is as much fun as ocean sailing (racing).

(It was a long time in coming...)

Check out the sunset:

(although it is setting on the "wrong" side...hahaha)

CHIsunsetLake.jpg

CHIsunsetcloseup.jpg

CHIheadingin2.jpg

CHIheadingin.jpg

Check out the orbs!!

:star:

Edited by SpiritAlight

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

....you are only a few weeks away from seeing family that you've not seen in two years. Mahvelous!

...you look at your husband and daughter, realising they ARE your greatest accomplishments in life. Priceless indeed!

...you know you are truly loved and adored like you have never been loved and adored before. :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Timeline

Oh, I miss my sailing days on Lake Ontario and Lake Erie! Yes, lake sailing on the Great Lakes is pretty phenomenal!

Don't you love it when you get treated to a lovely homemade Ukrainian dinner from new friends you met on VJ? Joe and I visited Anna and Richard last night - they also live in Stockbridge, and Anna is originally from Kiev. We had a wonderful meal, complete with Ukrainian vodka and cognac, and had an enjoyable evening visiting afterwards.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Oh, I miss my sailing days on Lake Ontario and Lake Erie! Yes, lake sailing on the Great Lakes is pretty phenomenal!

Don't you love it when you get treated to a lovely homemade Ukrainian dinner from new friends you met on VJ? Joe and I visited Anna and Richard last night - they also live in Stockbridge, and Anna is originally from Kiev. We had a wonderful meal, complete with Ukrainian vodka and cognac, and had an enjoyable evening visiting afterwards.

That is a lovely way to spend an evening, and with Ukrainian food to boot! Perogies, cabbage rolls, yum yum.

Don't you just it when . . . . your kitty decides today that you are Queen Sheba, and they will honour you with purrs and snuggles. :luv:

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

when you actually have beautiful weather (in Seattle) and a free festival to attend :)

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Timeline

When you finally get your tax incentive check, go out to buy the barbeque you have had your eye on for 2 years now - and find that it is on sale for $60 less than the regular price you were willing to pay!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
and find that it is on sale for $60 less than the regular price you were willing to pay!

:thumbs: :thumbs:

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.