44 posts in this topic

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
i ve been waiting for my gc year and half since i applied and my interview was in july 2007 and i was approved and no update in my case till now!!!

i m thinking about sue the uscis how can i sue them ?and what is the conditions???

thank you for all ur answers

Sue them for what?

Good luck with that :rofl:

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Kind of impossible :blink: What exactly would you be suing them for?

Have you contacted them at all?

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
Kind of impossible :blink: What exactly would you be suing them for?

Have you contacted them at all?

sure i did contact them alot and i involved my congressman and my name been cleared by the fbi from 4 months and still nothing. they don t want to tell me y i m waiting....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I have read about people suing them - at the citizenship stage - and the best they could hope for was to have their cases 'finished' or expedited. You could talk to an immigration attorney and he can tell you if you could do anything at all or not. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Many many people have sued via Writ of Mandamus for the greencard stage. USICS effectively shut out that "loophole" with the new regulations December 2006. Up until a few months ago - most cases were simply thrown out due to the newly written regs - however now, with the most recent change in greencard processing the chances of having your case heard is next to none. They will simply cite the new mandate and send you on your way.

Essentially you have 2 changes working against a successful lawsuit case. All in all - you are pretty lucky to have a solution as is my husband. You just have to be patient. Alternatively - try to sue via WOM if it makes you feel better.

Timeline
Many many people have sued via Writ of Mandamus for the greencard stage. USICS effectively shut out that "loophole" with the new regulations December 2006. Up until a few months ago - most cases were simply thrown out due to the newly written regs - however now, with the most recent change in greencard processing the chances of having your case heard is next to none. They will simply cite the new mandate and send you on your way.

Essentially you have 2 changes working against a successful lawsuit case. All in all - you are pretty lucky to have a solution as is my husband. You just have to be patient. Alternatively - try to sue via WOM if it makes you feel better.

i m really thinking about writting a mandamus.but is it having rules or conditions to do? also ,how much it can cost me?and how long it takes?

thanks

i m really thinking about writting a mandamus.but is it having rules or conditions to do? also ,how much it can cost me?and how long it takes?

thanks

It depends. If you file pro se (no lawyer) I do not think it costs anything, however with legal counsel (and with everything stacked against you you do NEED one) I have been quoted everything from $2,000 to $6,500.

Why would you do this? You have a mandate that states you will get your greencard regardless if your namecheck isnt completed. You are not standing to wait years on end like other people.

Check out these lilnks:

NAMECHECK YAHOO GROUP

Writ of Mandamus

Edited by LaL

Timeline

thanks

It depends. If you file pro se (no lawyer) I do not think it costs anything, however with legal counsel (and with everything stacked against you you do NEED one) I have been quoted everything from $2,000 to $6,500.

Why would you do this? You have a mandate that states you will get your greencard regardless if your namecheck isnt completed. You are not standing to wait years on end like other people.

Check out these lilnks:

NAMECHECK YAHOO GROUP

Writ of Mandamus

first,thank for ur reply....

i ve to do that coz my name is been already cleared and i was approved in the interview and my case hasn t been updated or touched since sep.2007??

so why the wait ?i m done in everything and from longtime why they delay me??

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I would not sue the government.

It's a privilege to have a green card and they can revoke it if they want.

I don't think that's wise. You might end up never getting your green card and be deported.

There was an article on this and it is taking years for some people to get their green card.

Just read about it on the net.

You are not the only one in this situation.

If you love me, then I have everything I need

Timeline
i ve been waiting for my gc year and half since i applied and my interview was in july 2007 and i was approved and no update in my case till now!!!

i m thinking about sue the uscis how can i sue them ?and what is the conditions???

http://www.immigrantjustice.org/blog/uspol...-appliants.html

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

:blush::innocent::whistle::wacko::blink::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk:

• I-130 SENT 2-19
  • NOA1 RECEIVED 3-03
  • I-129F SENT 3-14
  • NOA1 RECEIVED 3-21
  • NOA2 RECEIVED 10-11
  • NVC CASE COMPLETE 11-21

7927.gif

Timeline

I can relate to the editorial like thousands of other applicants. I applied for my Adjustment of Status ( Green card ) in January 2006. Department of Homeland Security's ( DHS ) application form indicates that Green card application based on family sponsorship should not take more than 6 months. It has been more than one and half year.

It is not like I was an illegal before I got married to an American Citizen. I went to College in MN. Graduated with honors. I was never out of status for a single day. I am a computer Programmer with a well paid job. Very very clean IRS record. Absolutely have no criminal background. I have just one speeding ticket that I got early this year.If DHS takes 2 years to verify my background, you can imagine the plight of other applicants.

— Hasan Mir, Rochester, Minn.

This is from the NY Times:

November 27, 2007

Editorial

The Citizenship Surge

About the only point of agreement on immigration in this country is that newcomers who play by the rules — fill out their forms, pay their fees and wait their turn — are welcome. But that great American dogma is being sorely tested by the inability of the federal government’s feeble citizenship agency to deal with a flood of applications that arose this summer.

The agency, Citizenship and Immigration Services, is telling legal immigrants that applications for citizenship and for residence visas filed after June 1 will take about 16 to 18 months to process. The agency was utterly unprepared for the surge, and so tens of thousands of Americans-in-waiting will have to keep on waiting. Many, gallingly, may have to sit out next November’s election, even though that civic act was what prompted many of them to apply in the first place.

This was not supposed to happen. The director of Citizenship and Immigration Services, Emilio Gonzalez, promised this summer that the era of bad, slow service was over. He said a whopping increase in fees that took effect July 30 — an average of about 66 percent across the board, with naturalization now costing $675 per person, up from $400 — was about to make his agency fit for the 21st century. Speaking to newly naturalized immigrants, Mr. Gonzalez promised immediate results.

One immediate result was entirely predictable: people rushed to get their paperwork in. The agency received nearly 2.5 million naturalization petitions and visa applications in July and August, more than double from those months last year. But Mr. Gonzalez’s spokesman, Bill Wright, told Julia Preston in Friday’s Times: “We certainly were surprised by such an immediate increase.†Surprised and swamped. The agency’s processing center in Vermont is only now acknowledging naturalization petitions that came in by July 30.

It’s telling that we need to explain that this backlog is distinct from the other backlogs that plague the citizenship agency. This is not the visa overload that causes people in some countries, like the Philippines and Mexico, to wait decades to enter legally. Those backlogs are caused by visa quotas that no one has seen fit to adjust. Nor are they the chronic delays in conducting criminal background checks that have kept thousands of immigrants in limbo for months, even years.

Many of those immigrants have given up on the agency and sought redress in the courts. There has been a spate of decisions by judges who found that delays by the Federal Bureau of Investigation are unreasonable — three years is too long to wait to have the government decide if you are a criminal — and have ordered the bureaucracy to do its job. Judge Nathaniel Gorton of the Federal District Court in Boston became so fed up last month with a delayed background check that he simply gave a plaintiff, Ahmed Dayisty, the oath of citizenship.

It should never have come to that. The country should summon the will, the resources and the basic administrative competence to carry out one of its most vital functions, the making of new citizens. Mr. Gonzalez’s agency says that the new revenue will allow it to eventually add 1,500 employees to its work force, an increase of about 10 percent, and that staff members have volunteered to work overtime to handle the latest backlog.

The agency has made such vows before, and the volunteerism doesn’t cut it. This is not a benefit car wash or a canned-food drive. Turning immigrants into citizens demands better than platitudes and broken promises.

This link provides lots of info in depth.......

Hope it helps:

http://www.ailf.org/lac/pa/mandamus-jurisd...-24-07%20PA.pdf

Edited by LynnandAhmed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.