ILoveTan

Using EMAILS and YAHOO CHATS as PROOF ..... help!

44 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
My fault. I am doing a CR-1. I do know of others that have sent in chats and e mails with a K-1 though. PeterFB comes directly to mind. His application sailed through. I consider him the resident guru in the Viet Nam section (not that you don't know your stuff)!

That is why it is important not to mix K-1 advice with K-3 or IR advice... the evidentiary requirement is different.....

For a I-129F petition for alien Fiance(e) providing relationship evidence is optional and in my opinion borders on superfulous.....

Hey Shakespeare. If you are going to use a word like superfluous, then spell it right!

Unbelievable!

No, if you're going to use "the word" superfluous, spell it right. If you use "a word like" superfluous, you can spell it any way you like. :devil:

I'm a product of West Virginia public education. The fact that I am able to spell at all is a miracle! I thank God every day for spell check.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Since the HCMC Consulate is a high fraud one, to me the only senseable approach is to make your case from the beginning. I've read over and over again about how the Consulate didn't look at any evidence at the interview and handed out a blue slip based on how the I-129f written, including saying the case didn't include any proof of first meeting or ongoing relationship in the I-129f. Of the VJers here who have gotten a pink slip at the interview, most had spend a lot of time preparing their I-129f making sure their case was presented properly including proof of meeting and on going relationship.

Also Marc Ellis has pointed out in a post here on VJ, that your I-129f if approved by the USIC, it will result in a visa unless the Consulate can find evidence that the USCIS didn't know about which would cause the USCIS not to approve your I-129f if they knew about that evidence or evidence that fraud or other unlawful actions that taken place.

Each Embassy and Consulate is different so I'm only saying that this is my approach to HCMC Consulate and getting a K1 visa.

As to editing your yahoo chats or emails, any rich text editor/word processor should keep the icons and formating. You may need to check the manual to be sure. In my case I used TextEdit in OSX 10.4 What I did in Yahoo was to use the "print view" of the email (that gets rid of the ads, mail columns, etc) then copy the entire email, then paste it into the word processor. I'd then edit out the parts I didn't want the USCIS or Consulate to see. Before printing I would also slect a small font size, ie 10 then because my printer also supports printing on both sides, I'd print on both sides of the paper. In Yahoo Messenger, I'd just copy everything into the word processor. Edit then print.

Peter and Thi

I-129F Sent : 2007-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-06-11

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-26

Touched: 2007-11-02

NVC Recieved: 2007-11-16

Consulate recieved ??????

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 3 received 2007-12-24

Packet 3 returned 2007-12-28

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Email Reply with Interview Date 2008-1-23

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Passed Interview 2008-02-27

Visa Pick Up Date 2008-3-05

Received Visa 2008-2-29 (called to pick up earlier)

POE 2008-3-05 Los Angeles

Wedding 2008-4-26

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Since the HCMC Consulate is a high fraud one, to me the only senseable approach is to make your case from the beginning. I've read over and over again about how the Consulate didn't look at any evidence at the interview and handed out a blue slip based on how the I-129f written, including saying the case didn't include any proof of first meeting or ongoing relationship in the I-129f. Of the VJers here who have gotten a pink slip at the interview, most had spend a lot of time preparing their I-129f making sure their case was presented properly including proof of meeting and on going relationship.

Also Marc Ellis has pointed out in a post here on VJ, that your I-129f if approved by the USIC, it will result in a visa unless the Consulate can find evidence that the USCIS didn't know about which would cause the USCIS not to approve your I-129f if they knew about that evidence or evidence that fraud or other unlawful actions that taken place.

Each Embassy and Consulate is different so I'm only saying that this is my approach to HCMC Consulate and getting a K1 visa.

As to editing your yahoo chats or emails, any rich text editor/word processor should keep the icons and formating. You may need to check the manual to be sure. In my case I used TextEdit in OSX 10.4 What I did in Yahoo was to use the "print view" of the email (that gets rid of the ads, mail columns, etc) then copy the entire email, then paste it into the word processor. I'd then edit out the parts I didn't want the USCIS or Consulate to see. Before printing I would also slect a small font size, ie 10 then because my printer also supports printing on both sides, I'd print on both sides of the paper. In Yahoo Messenger, I'd just copy everything into the word processor. Edit then print.

Peter and Thi

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Wedding 2008-4-26

Hi Peter, thanks ... as always you are a great guide for us Vietnam Journey members! I wonder if you know a similar program that would work on a PC (non MAC) computer? I tried to download textedit but it seems to be only for MACs... :-( hmmmm any ideas?

Thanks

ILOVETAN

Timeline

Peter and Thi

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Wedding 2008-4-26

Hi Peter, thanks ... as always you are a great guide for us Vietnam Journey members! I wonder if you know a similar program that would work on a PC (non MAC) computer? I tried to download textedit but it seems to be only for MACs... :-( hmmmm any ideas?

Thanks

ILOVETAN

"

What she said.

Timeline

Peter and Thi

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Wedding 2008-4-26

Thanks

ILOVETAN

Linda, Here's an online version. Just copy and paste:

http://www.kevinroth.com/rte/demo.htm

Peter. YOU ROCK! I've been wondering how to do this.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Filers who will go through HCMC do have some unique problems that would justify adding some evidence of bona fides to their petition, particularly if there are red flags.

As I recall, the OP has a big red flag due to meeting while still both married and sharing a domicile with her husband. Even so, visits and/or generally time together is actually the very best evidence of bona fides. If she's going to include bona fides evidence with the petition, I would keep it both as concise as possible and a focused on their time together in Viet Nam rather than expecting anybody to go through reams of edited internet chat transcripts. This can easily be accomplished while keeping the initial filing to under half an inch of paper.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
Linda, Here's an online version. Just copy and paste:

http://www.kevinroth.com/rte/demo.htm

I appreciate this but when I cut and paste from yahoo, it loses both the color and the emoticons... does it do that for you?

Yeah I do, but I'm not worried about those things. I'm just happy to find a way to take out the juicy stuff!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
You really don't need that much for the I-129f Packet. Although 30 pages might be able to fit in your packet and if you would feel more comfortable sending them all then by all means do it.

For the upcoming interview my girl has printed off over 300 pages worth of chat logs on skype. Yes, that sounds like overkill, but its also perfect proof to prove a bona fide relationship.

how did you print chat logs from skype? can the chat histoy be printed out too? in our case everything is thru skype too

Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F Sent : 08-21-2008

I-129F NOA1 : 08-29-2008

I-129F NOA2 : 01-28-2009

NVC Received : 02-02-2009

NVC Left : 02-02-2009

Consulate Received : 02-02-2009

Packet 3 Sent from Juarez: 03-02-2009

Packet 3 Received : 03-12-2009

Interview Date : 03-25-2009

Visa Received : Approved!!!!!

DHL received: 03-26-2009 around 4

Date of US Entry: 04-15-2009

Date of Wedding: 04-19-2009

I-129f was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
You really don't need that much for the I-129f Packet. Although 30 pages might be able to fit in your packet and if you would feel more comfortable sending them all then by all means do it.

For the upcoming interview my girl has printed off over 300 pages worth of chat logs on skype. Yes, that sounds like overkill, but its also perfect proof to prove a bona fide relationship.

hey how did your girlfriend print the chat logs off skype? does she know how to print call history? i need to to becuase thats how my guy and i speak...by skype thanx

Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F Sent : 08-21-2008

I-129F NOA1 : 08-29-2008

I-129F NOA2 : 01-28-2009

NVC Received : 02-02-2009

NVC Left : 02-02-2009

Consulate Received : 02-02-2009

Packet 3 Sent from Juarez: 03-02-2009

Packet 3 Received : 03-12-2009

Interview Date : 03-25-2009

Visa Received : Approved!!!!!

DHL received: 03-26-2009 around 4

Date of US Entry: 04-15-2009

Date of Wedding: 04-19-2009

I-129f was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you are going to edit your emails, print them off and physically take a black marker and mark out the "juicy" stuff. If they get any inkling that you've messed with the original emails before printing them off, what will prevent them from discounting them as proof of anything?

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Scary but true fact about my relationship with Tan: 1 yahoo chat is 3-5 hours long and just ONE chat log comes out to around 30 pages!!!! Should I really include these in my I-129 packet?????

Further, is there a way to edit these yahoo chats or emails? When I try to put them in Word or another program, I lose the emoticons :blush: <~~~these little dealies - and I didn't want them to look "messed" with, you know what I mean?

On the OTHER HAND, while I am sure they don't have the time to read 4 hour chat logs, we say many non-PC things to each other (I call him my slanty eye jungle boy and he calls me "the other white meat") further, we won't even MENTION the sex talk that goes on, plus of course, talking about his interview, plus tons of cussing, etc etc etc etc.......

Same problem with our emails, very very candid. How does everyone else get around this? Certainly I am not the ONLY person talking dirty in my chats and emails to my loved one .... AM I?? :devil: hihihihi

Thanks for your help!

ILOVETAN

LOL. you dont have to print all the pages cuz the adjudicator would never mind to read all of them. What I did was I choose 5 best chatlogs in a month from the message archive and just take a screenshot of each nice conversation that could show the adjudicator of our relationship. That already includes the smileys and the timestamps(date and time) which is also very important. I know there are many nice conversations that you and your fiance had but just choose the best. We got approved easily with no RFEs and everything went very smooth. anyway, good luck.

mami and dada's little baba...

dev238pp___.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline
Scary but true fact about my relationship with Tan: 1 yahoo chat is 3-5 hours long and just ONE chat log comes out to around 30 pages!!!! Should I really include these in my I-129 packet?????

Further, is there a way to edit these yahoo chats or emails? When I try to put them in Word or another program, I lose the emoticons :blush: <~~~these little dealies - and I didn't want them to look "messed" with, you know what I mean?

On the OTHER HAND, while I am sure they don't have the time to read 4 hour chat logs, we say many non-PC things to each other (I call him my slanty eye jungle boy and he calls me "the other white meat") further, we won't even MENTION the sex talk that goes on, plus of course, talking about his interview, plus tons of cussing, etc etc etc etc.......

Same problem with our emails, very very candid. How does everyone else get around this? Certainly I am not the ONLY person talking dirty in my chats and emails to my loved one .... AM I?? :devil: hihihihi

Thanks for your help!

ILOVETAN

LOL. you dont have to print all the pages cuz the adjudicator would never mind to read all of them. What I did was I choose 5 best chatlogs in a month from the message archive and just take a screenshot of each nice conversation that could show the adjudicator of our relationship. That already includes the smileys and the timestamps(date and time) which is also very important. I know there are many nice conversations that you and your fiance had but just choose the best. We got approved easily with no RFEs and everything went very smooth. anyway, good luck.

I did the same thing but there were a couple of chat logs where I had one or two sentences of "steamy" stuff going on. I just used a pencil to strikethrough the sentences.

Honestly, I don't really mind if the CO needs to erase them and read them all. I just don't feel like hiding anything....It may be embarrassing but hey, that's the last time they are going to see me once I walk out of the building. :star:

Cheers!!!

“You need to be aware of what others are doing, applaud their efforts, acknowledge their successes, and encourage them in their pursuits. When we all help one another, everybody wins.” - Jim Stovall -

Our Journey

2008-08-15 .......... Married on K-1!!!!

2009-08-28 .......... Sent AOS (I-485 and I-765) Application to Chicago

2009-09-11 .......... NOA 1 for I-485 and I-765

2009-09-25 .......... Biometrics Appointment in Charlotte, NC (walk-in)

2009-10-08 .......... EAD Approved (CRIS update)

2009-10-08 .......... I-485 Touched, I-485 Case transferred to CSC (CRIS update)

2009-10-09 .......... Biometrics Appointment #2 in Charlotte, NC (walk-in)

2009-10-15 .......... I-485 Case transferred to USCIS office

2009-10-16 .......... I-485 Touched, EAD card arrived in the mail

2009-10-19 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-04 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-05 .......... I-485 RFE (CRIS update)

2009-11-06 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-10 .......... RFE arrived in the mail

2009-11-12 .......... RFE response sent back to CSC

2009-11-17 .......... RFE Received at CSC (CRIS update)

2009-11-18 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-23 .......... I-485 Notice that new permanent resident status has been registered

2009-11-24 .......... I-485 Card production ordered

2009-11-25 .......... I-485 Touched

2009-11-30 .......... I-485 Approval Notice sent, Permanent Resident Card in the mail!!!

Thanks for your help!

ILOVETAN

Hey Thuy!

I hope that all is progressing well with your K1 prep!

If you cut out the steamy stuff...will there be anything left? :lol: Just kidding, but I think/know that you'll appreciate the levity in the humor :thumbs:

Peace to you my dearest and I hope that you and Tan are doing great!

MarkNAAm

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.