tchururu

OMG! Just got approved! 17 days later!

75 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

You guys!

As I oppened my gmail account this morning, I got an email from CRIS and was all excited that I might have gotten a touch but also afraid that I might have had a RFE! But to my surprise, I got this email:

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: WAC08XXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On May 15, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

I don't know what to do! What do I do nooow?! I was expecting my visa for October 2008!

I have to quit my job, do exams, vaccines, etc, etc, I haven't even started! What's the next step?

Help me!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
You guys!

As I oppened my gmail account this morning, I got an email from CRIS and was all excited that I might have gotten a touch but also afraid that I might have had a RFE! But to my surprise, I got this email:

On May 15, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.

Sincerely,

I don't know what to do! What do I do nooow?! I was expecting my visa for October 2008!

I have to quit my job, do exams, vaccines, etc, etc, I haven't even started! What's the next step?

Help me!

Congrats on your approval :whistle::whistle:

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

You guys!

Help me!

Hi Renatchi, congratulations on your approval.

I'd say that getting approval sooner than you expected really is a luxury, specially taking into account so many on this forum are waiting for such a long time and still have to receive their approval.

Your visa process still isn't completed, plus you have several months time to use your visa for US entry after it is granted. So I do not really see the problem.

Take care.

Website US Department of State, Consular Affairs Bureau: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1339.html

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

WOW! your timeline is amazing!!! you are lucky :D. kindly read the guides, it'll tell you what to do next :)

congratulations!! and good luck on your interview 570018w02xr7isn0.gif

PiNk

Edited by o0pink0o

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

You guys!

Sincerely,

Help me!

OMG that was a stroke of luck - CONGRATULATIONS!!

OMG that was a stroke of luck - CONGRATULATIONS!!

I am soooo nervous! I don't know what to do next!

Sal and Jay, foreverido, jeca, Catt and o0pink0o and wifetobe, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT! I am starting to think it was a stroke of a LOT of luck! :P Maybe I am Irish! lol

I will read the guides and get an idea of what to do! But it says only what my hubby has to do. I don't know what I should do now, I mean, me here in Brazil.

I have been told that I need to take vaccines, do some exams, take a new passport, etc.... Ai ai ai!

I wasn't expecting this AT ALL! It's so wonderful and nerv wrecking all at once! We didn't do any expedite or anything! Just the regular process!

:blink:

Thank you guys!

Congratulations

k37hm7.png

03-06-10 Mailed N-400

03-17-10 Check cashed

03-19-10 NOA received

03-22-10 Biometrics sent

04-09-10 Biometrics appointment

06-14-10 Interview Date

06-22-10 Received letter for Oath

07-02-10 Oath ceremony

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

this is not right

dd/mmm/aaaa

05/jun/2007 - Got married

I-130

08/aug/2007 - I-130 Packet sent to NSC

09/aug/2007 - I-130 Packet received

19/sep/2007 - NOA1 receipt date

25/sep/2007 - NOA1 arrived

23/apr/2008 - APPROVED

Timeline estimated adjudication on March 4, 2008. It was adjudicated on April 23.

Our I-130 was approved in 258 days.

I-129F

09/oct/2007 - I-129F Packet sent to CSC

10/oct/2007 - I-129F Packet received

12/oct/2007 - NOA1 receipt date

20/oct/2007 - NOA1 received

23/apr/2008 - APPROVED

Timeline estimated adjudication on April 4, 2008. It was adjudicated on April 23.

Our I-129f was approved in 197 days.

NVC

08/may/2008 - replied to my e-mail sent on april 30, saying that our petition has been sent to the consulate.

Consulate

20/JUN/2008 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

AOS

18/mar/2009 - Packet delivered

24/mar/2009 - NOA for AOS and EAD date

25/mar/2009 - Check cashed

15/apr/2009 - Biometrics done

22/may/2009 - EAD approved

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

you getting approved in 17 days while everyone else waits 9 months

it makes my blood boil

dd/mmm/aaaa

05/jun/2007 - Got married

I-130

08/aug/2007 - I-130 Packet sent to NSC

09/aug/2007 - I-130 Packet received

19/sep/2007 - NOA1 receipt date

25/sep/2007 - NOA1 arrived

23/apr/2008 - APPROVED

Timeline estimated adjudication on March 4, 2008. It was adjudicated on April 23.

Our I-130 was approved in 258 days.

I-129F

09/oct/2007 - I-129F Packet sent to CSC

10/oct/2007 - I-129F Packet received

12/oct/2007 - NOA1 receipt date

20/oct/2007 - NOA1 received

23/apr/2008 - APPROVED

Timeline estimated adjudication on April 4, 2008. It was adjudicated on April 23.

Our I-129f was approved in 197 days.

NVC

08/may/2008 - replied to my e-mail sent on april 30, saying that our petition has been sent to the consulate.

Consulate

20/JUN/2008 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

AOS

18/mar/2009 - Packet delivered

24/mar/2009 - NOA for AOS and EAD date

25/mar/2009 - Check cashed

15/apr/2009 - Biometrics done

22/may/2009 - EAD approved

it makes my blood boil

Elbereth, I know it's not fair. And believe me, I was just as shocked as you. One great greeeat friend of mine is waiting for 6 months now. I don't know what they did to get my process going so fast.

It's not fair at all, but you can't blame me. I somehow was lucky. I never did anything to be ahead of anybody - no expedites, no cheating, no nothing.

I guess we'll see each other at the interview. When is it yours (or spouse's)?

it makes my blood boil

I agree.

It's great you got approved, Renatchi, and I am happy for you.

And you of course you do not decide USCIS's timeframe and when they process which cases, that's all them.

But when I saw this extremely fast approval, my first reaction was also what the hell.

So many have been waiting so long, you'd think they'd get approved first.

Website US Department of State, Consular Affairs Bureau: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1339.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.