Fandango

Planning your wedding thread

64 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

When Joel gets here we'll start planning the wedding in earnest...I've already bounced a few ideas off him to see what he thought. Instead of a guest book, I'd like to have a small throw cover for the guests to sign. Thought that would be put to better use than a book that would only gather dust. :luv:

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

We had a civil cremony since it was a bit short notice , but when my hubby gets back we will have a church ceremony and invite our friends and family, my plan is to, instead of having a guest book attendant hand people a pen to sign a book that will be put away, we are gonna have someone take polaroids of the guests and then have the guests write thier best wishes and names in the book beside thier pics, this will give us a coffee table book/photoalbum to remember our day and it will ensure that every guest has thier picture made on our day.

I-130

03/29/06-Mailed to TSC

04/03/06-Recieved I-130 @TSC forwarded to CSC

04/05/06-NOA1

04/11/06-Recieved NOA1

07/18/06-NOA-2- Approved

02/09/07-CASE COMPLETED!!!!!!

02/13/07-Case forwarded to Dublin Embassy!!!

04/26/07-Interveiw!!

04/26/07- VISA in Hand!!!!

July-2007-Niall finishes work & comes home!!!

We had delays in our journey that were not part of the immigration process, please do not use our "timeline" as an accurate guide!

We had a civil cremony since it was a bit short notice , but when my hubby gets back we will have a church ceremony and invite our friends and family, my plan is to, instead of having a guest book attendant hand people a pen to sign a book that will be put away, we are gonna have someone take polaroids of the guests and then have the guests write thier best wishes and names in the book beside thier pics, this will give us a coffee table book/photoalbum to remember our day and it will ensure that every guest has thier picture made on our day.

thats a good idea too!!!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

For favors, we gave the women each 3 Indian bangles tied together with a ribbon and to the men we gave cookies from India that are shaped as hearts, wrapped in netting and a ribbon. I think we got 8 dozen bangles for $30 total online. The cookies were very inexpensive too.

For our guest book, we used a journal I bought while in India. The pages were fiberous homemade type paper, and had flowers and gold thread pressed into the paper. There were no lines on the paper. It looks like a book from long ago, which is why I wanted to use it.

I love the tea cup idea! Also like the jam idea "spread the love", cute!

Good luck to everyone planning their weddings! :)

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Timeline

I saw a sandcastle centerpiece which i thought was cool, but the castle theme to me is so 'eh'

If it was a sand heart or something wedding...sand bells, that'd be cool.

Keep in mind I'm only having like 6 people or so to this year's wedding...and it's a destination wedding to the keys...the big one is next year...but still, it's our big day with a gown & tux & we want to still have that wedding feel.

Edited by LisaD

Timeline
Sowens, that really is a nice idea! Might have to plagiarize that one, lol! :P

Your welcome to use it MissLiss, I dont mind :D

I-130

03/29/06-Mailed to TSC

04/05/06-NOA1

04/11/06-Recieved NOA1

07/18/06-NOA-2- Approved

04/26/07-Interveiw!!

We had delays in our journey that were not part of the immigration process, please do not use our "timeline" as an accurate guide!

Filed: Country: Singapore
Timeline

Our wedding favor: 6 pieces of candy inside a red packet, or red envelope if you will. See picture below. It is customary for Chinese in Asia that on auspicious occasions (e.g. births, weddings, etc.), a red packet of money is given to the one celebrating the occasion. How much you put inside the packet is entirely up to you, but we usually go with fortuitous numbers, e.g. $28, $68, $88, etc. Just no odd numbers and definitely no '4' anywhere in the figure.

I chose 6, because in a local dialect, the number sounds like the word 'luck'. And technically, we shouldn't have been the ones giving out red packets, even if they were filled with just candy. We simply wanted to wish everyone sweetness and prosperity. :)

Timeline
Our wedding favor: 6 pieces of candy inside a red packet, or red envelope if you will. See picture below. It is customary for Chinese in Asia that on auspicious occasions (e.g. births, weddings, etc.), a red packet of money is given to the one celebrating the occasion. How much you put inside the packet is entirely up to you, but we usually go with fortuitous numbers, e.g. $28, $68, $88, etc. Just no odd numbers and definitely no '4' anywhere in the figure.

I chose 6, because in a local dialect, the number sounds like the word 'luck'. And technically, we shouldn't have been the ones giving out red packets, even if they were filled with just candy. We simply wanted to wish everyone sweetness and prosperity. :)

That is very very cool, what a nice idea!

I-130

03/29/06-Mailed to TSC

04/05/06-NOA1

04/11/06-Recieved NOA1

07/18/06-NOA-2- Approved

04/26/07-Interveiw!!

Filed: Timeline

See, I love this idea how you blended your culture with an American wedding. I posted a thread in the UK forum for more specific ideas on how I can do it.

that was a really cool idea!

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Alright who knows about Mexican culture?? Huh??? All these ideas, someone must know something, lol!

Well, the account executive from the "place" e-mailed me so the "planificacion" has officially begun!

Too bad all of our correspondence is in Spanish, using vocabulary that they simply don't teach you in school!

"The Place" (Cibeles)

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Timeline

Well so far Elvira hasn't indicated whether or not she speaks English. Or if she'd be willing to transfer the event to someone who does. The thing is, the most important parts of the site don't come in English...the packets and pricing, lol! And yes, it's very very pretty...if you look around a bit on the site and see the way they decorate the rooms, the flowers, and all that...wow. This is luxury, something we could NEVER afford in the US but having it in Mexico makes it like half price, seriously.

-Oscar the Grouch

Timeline

Whoo Hoooooooooooo!!!! I guess this is God's way of saying "this is what I want you to be doing." Everything seems to be working out. Now Javier has called the Migracion and they said as long as we bring everything we're supposed to, they will give me the Permiso on the SAME day! Awesome......

-Oscar the Grouch