Fandango

Planning your wedding thread

64 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I was talking about weddings to a member, and we were talking about wedding favors & other wedding related stuff. I thought it'd be cool to have a thread about it

like on the honeymoon, I want P105_WL.jpg

not necc in white btw

and P1012_m.jpg

and as far as favors, I don't know yet.....cept for

[img}http://images.theknot.com/blimages/P1050_wl.jpg{/img] but the tree pic isn't blowin my skirt up tho

p><p>that

LOL!...THIRD TIME A CHARM???

http://images.theknot.com/blimages/P1050_wl.jpg' alt='P1050_wl.jpg'>

Lol wrong forum

thought i ws somewhere else!

pm'd Ewok to move to OT. Sorry guys!

Edited by LisaD

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wore flip flops with rinestones under my dress on our wedding day

totally comfortable .......... our favors were jars of jam (back in canada there is a thing called saskatoon berries so i wanted to have something from home be incorporated) they were in tiny littler jars and i dressed them up and they had little tags saying "spread the love" then our names and wedding date. they were so cute and worked out really well, everyone loved them.

ticker.png

I found a website that did custom platters that people would sign rather then a guestbook.

Came with pen and how to glaze it after the wedding to preserve the signatures.

They were really lovely and different!

I will try and find it again!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Our favors were tea cups from Morocco. Our wedding toast was done with Moroccan mint tea in the cups and everyone got to bring them home. The cups said "You are Welcome" in Arabic - when you drink tea with a Moroccan family it is a sign of them welcoming you into their family - so we explained this and told our guests this was our way of welcoming them into our new family.

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Our favors were tea cups from Morocco. Our wedding toast was done with Moroccan mint tea in the cups and everyone got to bring them home. The cups said "You are Welcome" in Arabic - when you drink tea with a Moroccan family it is a sign of them welcoming you into their family - so we explained this and told our guests this was our way of welcoming them into our new family.

What a great idea!!

http://www.weddingshowergifts.com/wedding_...oks/index.shtml

there is the link for those platters.

Chris and I are planning a casual wedding and we would like to be different from the 4 yes FOUR other weddings we are attending this summer.

I thought it was cute and a great reminder of the day!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

Filed: Timeline

The teacup idea ia AWESOMEAWEOMEAWESOME! I'm wondering if I should get teacups from England? (but come on...I think that's so cliche for england...what next? toy phone boxes that double as banks?)

and I also like the platter idea, but that's just something else i'll need to dust afterwards, lol

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

we had two sets of favours:

--I used to work for a pewter shop. I bought ten dove Christmas ornaments (one for each couple / family present at our wedding ceremony, and one for Jerry and I), and had the backs inscribed with our names and wedding date.

http://stores.skipjack.com/amospewter/Detail.bok?no=628

--at the reception, and at the two open house parties we had in Nova Scotia, I (with the help of my mom) made fridge magnets. i found these neat 1/2" thick glass hearts at Pier 1 Imports, wrote our names on the sides of the hearts with a silver Sharpie marker, and then attached a round magnet. We packaged them with a little thank you card in a clear bag tied with ribbons in our wedding colours.

For the "guest book", we wanted to do something different. I made up "Share a Wedding Wish for Cheryl & Jerry" cards (I printed them off myself using nice business cards that I got at Staples on sale). We put them, a bunch of pens and a nice glass vase to drop them into at the table when people first came into the reception/open houses, and asked people to sign their names and give us some advice. Most people did, which were really nice to read afterwards. When I put together our wedding scrapbook, I placed the cards in amongst the pictures, trying to match them up with a picture of the person/couple who wrote the card. It turned out really nice, and a neat way of remembering who was there. :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

Before our wedding (and after for a few months) I worked doing silkscreen golf-tee printing..so we got a bunch(actually, I did most of them myself at work ;) ) of golf tees in our wedding colors(sage and purple/lavendar) and printed on them... our names, the date of our wedding,etc and tied them up in those little colored bags with pull tops...and candies as well. Everyone liked them, and the golfers in the family said they would use them. I realize this isn't a great idea for most, but it worked for us..it was cute.

PS..must be lotsa golfers around as well, because I worked there for years and every Spring/Summer (and advance orders in off season) we were swamped with several wedding orders a day! :)

Edited by MichelleandCraig

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We had 2 Wedding favours. One was a CD with all the music from our Wedding ceremony & some from our reception.The covers had our Wedding date and a special message from the two of us thanking them for attending our wedding and the reason we chose each song.

The other was little glassine envelopes with Wild flower seeds and a card attached with our wedding date and asking our guests to sow these seeds in thier garden in memory of our love. We also had Rose Shaped Bubbles .

A Lily & A Rose...Together Forever !

April 28th INTERVIEW DATE !!!!!!!! APPROVED

June 30th Arrived in my Sweeties Arms !!

August 4th.2005 Our Wedding

Sept. 19th Sent AOS

Sept 28th recieved NOA for AOS

Nov.05/05 recieved Biometrics letter

Nov.17th Biometrics Appt.

Nov. 22nd. AP Approved

Nov. 25th/05 recieved EAD card

Nov.30th. recieved AP Papers in mail

Dec. 08th/05 Recieved Snail mail letter for AOS Interview Feb 15th 7:40 AM.

Feb. 15th. /06 AOS Interview SUCCESS !!!! no more to deal with for another 2 yrs!

Feb. 27th./06 Recieved Greencard in the mail

August 4th/06 Our First Wedding Anniversary !!

Feb. 8th 08 Sent in Packet to remove conditions

Feb 23rd 08 Recieve NOA letter stating they are extending my Greencard for another year.

March 11th 08 biometrics appt.

May 29th 08 recieved email stating Card production ordered

June 7th 2008 10 yr card recieved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

alfie.jpg

My lil Alfie boy

The teacup idea ia AWESOMEAWEOMEAWESOME! I'm wondering if I should get teacups from England? (but come on...I think that's so cliche for england...what next? toy phone boxes that double as banks?)

and I also like the platter idea, but that's just something else i'll need to dust afterwards, lol

I like the tea cup idea too!

I'd kinda like how it is cliche from England!! *laugh*

We are going to do mostly British beers as well.

Cassie, I love that guest book idea as well...very different!

Great ideas everyone! Has me all excited!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*