11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Dear fellow VJ'rs:

My and husband submitted all the papers for my AOS application two months ago. Three weeks later prior to the submission my husband was laid -off from his work unexpectedly. I had my boimetrics done already but up to now he has no work yet. Will it hurt the progress of our application? During my interview (no schedule yet) what if at that time he still doesn't have work yet, is there any way the USCIS find it out?

What should we do? What are the consequences? Do we have to inform the USCIS about this matter so we can find a co-sponsor? I am hoping for any advise. Thanks in advance!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The fact he doesn't have a job won't damage the adjustment of status. The worst that can happen is that by the time you have your interview, if he hasn't found a job yet, is that he will have to submit his current employment verification letters and pay stubs for the last 3 months, if he hasn't found a job, he will have to find a co-sponsor. Remember, it is up to the immigration officer to request such documents but everybody should be prepared for anything that might come up. Also keep in mind that you may even be transfered to the California Service Center and if that happens, there is a great probability that you won't even be interviewed. (These are all probable outcomes I repeat)

Back to the main issue, if he hasn't found a job yet, the only thing they are going to ask is to find a co-sponsor since he won't have enough income to support you two and that's it.

You don't have to inform them until the interview date, and only if asked. Worst case scenario, find a co-sponsor, if by that time he hasn't found a job, and make the co-sponsor fill out all the forms needed for AOS, and bring along the supporting documentation to the interview. Give it to the immigration officer in case you are asked. You will be fine, I think by that time your husband will have a job again...

Good luck!!

Edited by GueraYTavo

05/01/08 Green Card in mailbox!!

06/05/10 Real GREEN Card RECEIVED!

01/17/13 Sent application for US Citizenship!!!

01/19/13 Arrived to Arizona Lockbox

01/24/13 Notice of Action

01/25/13 Check cashed

01/28/13 NOA received by mail and biometrics letter mailed as per uscis.gov

02/14/13 Biometrics appointment

03/18/13 In-line for inteview

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
The fact he doesn't have a job won't damage the adjustment of status. The worst that can happen is that by the time you have your interview, if he hasn't found a job yet, is that he will have to submit his current employment verification letters and pay stubs for the last 3 months, if he hasn't found a job, he will have to find a co-sponsor. Remember, it is up to the immigration officer to request such documents but everybody should be prepared for anything that might come up. Also keep in mind that you may even be transfered to the California Service Center and if that happens, there is a great probability that you won't even be interviewed. (These are all probable outcomes I repeat)

Back to the main issue, if he hasn't found a job yet, the only thing they are going to ask is to find a co-sponsor since he won't have enough income to support you two and that's it.

You don't have to inform them until the interview date, and only if asked. Worst case scenario, find a co-sponsor, if by that time he hasn't found a job, and make the co-sponsor fill out all the forms needed for AOS, and bring along the supporting documentation to the interview. Give it to the immigration officer in case you are asked. You will be fine, I think by that time your husband will have a job again...

Good luck!!

Perfect advise. I would simply repeat, that you don't bring up the subject or hand over an additional I-864 unless you are asked to do so.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Perfect advise. I would simply repeat, that you don't bring up the subject or hand over an additional I-864 unless you are asked to do so.

I agree - just have it with you in case you are asked for an updated one. My wife's interviewer asked me if there was any change to the I864 information. My answer was 'I just got a raise but nothing else has changed'. But I had one ready to replace the old one if he asked for it. He said, he didn't want it. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
He can deliver pizzas at night and flip burgers during the day and take a 3rd job on the weekends. Why is he so lazy?

If you are going to join this forum to post this kind of comments, and not help at all, refrain from posting anything. This kind of attitude is not welcomed and will not be accepted by members and/or the moderators.

05/01/08 Green Card in mailbox!!

06/05/10 Real GREEN Card RECEIVED!

01/17/13 Sent application for US Citizenship!!!

01/19/13 Arrived to Arizona Lockbox

01/24/13 Notice of Action

01/25/13 Check cashed

01/28/13 NOA received by mail and biometrics letter mailed as per uscis.gov

02/14/13 Biometrics appointment

03/18/13 In-line for inteview

Filed: Timeline
He can deliver pizzas at night and flip burgers during the day and take a 3rd job on the weekends. Why is he so lazy?

Its amazing that people can spend so much time and energy coming up with comments like this when it takes nothing to keep shut when they have nothing constructive to offer

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Why are you so rude?

These kinds of comments are not necessary.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Timeline

Well I can understand what the person is meaning by selling pizzas and flipping burgers. If it is so critical for her husband to show that he is working, then he needs to procure a job where he can say, "See, I am so serious about this that I am willing to do anything to support my family and the process." I will earn money and keep myself employed so that the process will be victorious. However, he should be earning unemployment, so perhaps that money will offset any challenges. (L)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Best case scenario - your AOS could be approved without an interview:-). Good luck on the job search as well.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Actually he's handing his resumes' to some company right now. I didn't mean to say that he doesn't want to work or not willing to work, I just thought that he "may not find a new job yet" when I have my interview. You never know. My husband is a very nice and hardworking man it's just that sometimes unfortunate things happens no matter how you do well. he's been in his company for more than 10 years and of course he loves the job very much but his company is going to be bankrupt, he cannot do anything about it.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I do apprceiate it!!! :innocent:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.