Nita&Assaad

Need help I-864

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I was wondering if I need to include any of our bank statements with the I-864? I thought I did but I don't see it anywhere on the check list, and also that would be the Bondable Evidence for our marriage because we are both on the bank statements. So should I include them or not? Or should I just send copies to my husband for his interview? Also if we plan on putting my husbands assests, should we include a copy of that document as well and also we can't send in I-184EZ correct because we are adding this?

Your answers would be appricated!

Thanks

Nita

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Two things.

First I-864 is a contract between US Citizen and US government to support the immigrant, it is not evidence of a bonafide relationship. Minimum evidence needed for I-864 is past year's IRS return from US Citizen.

And NO :no: you are not correct, I-864EZ CAN be used and sent to NVC.

I-864EZ is talked about many times in this NVC/State department doc: http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/I-864GenInfo-FAQ-Final.pdf

I would use 864EZ if:

US Citizen is not using a joint sponsor.

Is sponsoring only 1 immigrant

And is NOT using asset data like bank accounts.

Lastly Bona fide marital relationship is only needed to be handy at the visa interview.

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

ok...i see reading this thread that i should of used the I-864EZ since I didn't use any of my bank accounts and I was the only sponser since I make above the poverty line with just my income alone...but I sent in the I-864 instead...is there really a difference...I notice they don't ask as much questions on the 864EZ compared to the 864...will this cause an RFE or am I safe... :unsure: ....this seems to be getting more complex as it goes along... :wacko:

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Timeline
ok...i see reading this thread that i should of used the I-864EZ since I didn't use any of my bank accounts and I was the only sponser since I make above the poverty line with just my income alone...but I sent in the I-864 instead...is there really a difference...I notice they don't ask as much questions on the 864EZ compared to the 864...will this cause an RFE or am I safe... :unsure: ....this seems to be getting more complex as it goes along... :wacko:

You will be fine, you can use either one for NVC, Consulate, or if adjusting status from a non immigrant.

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Timeline

so then I dont' have to include my husband's assets then?

Two things.

First I-864 is a contract between US Citizen and US government to support the immigrant, it is not evidence of a bonafide relationship. Minimum evidence needed for I-864 is past year's IRS return from US Citizen.

And NO :no: you are not correct, I-864EZ CAN be used and sent to NVC.

I-864EZ is talked about many times in this NVC/State department doc: http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/I-864GenInfo-FAQ-Final.pdf

I would use 864EZ if:

US Citizen is not using a joint sponsor.

Is sponsoring only 1 immigrant

And is NOT using asset data like bank accounts.

Lastly Bona fide marital relationship is only needed to be handy at the visa interview.

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

NVC

Embassy

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

USA

11.25.08 - POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I was wondering if I need to include any of our bank statements with the I-864? I thought I did but I don't see it anywhere on the check list, and also that would be the Bondable Evidence for our marriage because we are both on the bank statements. So should I include them or not? Or should I just send copies to my husband for his interview? Also if we plan on putting my husbands assests, should we include a copy of that document as well and also we can't send in I-184EZ correct because we are adding this?

Your answers would be appricated!

Thanks

Nita

It's unclear from your post how you are approaching the I-864.

If you are only using the U.S. citizen's employment income, then you can use the I-864EZ.

If you need to use the U.S. citizen's assets (or yours, as the spouse) to top up the employment income, or in lieu of U.S. income then yes, you must provide proof of those assets.

You don't mention what the assets are. If his house is going to be used, for instance, then you need a certified appraisal and proof of any liens against the property (like a mortgage document for instance).

If the assets are cash in the bank, then you need to provide a statement from the bank showing those assets. We only sent in a letter from the bank to NVC, stating accounts and balances, however my Husband did take bank account statements for the previous 12 months with him to the interview, they didn't ask for them, but from what I have read they can ask for them.

Remember that you will only include proof of assets "if you need to use the value of assets to meet the income requirements".

And yes, there is no reason why a joint bank account statement can't be used as proof of a bonafide relationship.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline
so then I dont' have to include my husband's assets then?
Nope, no asset data needed if income exceeds 125% of povertyline when counting self, any dependents and the prospective immigrant. If you use assets you will need to provide evidence proving assets.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

what assets can be used? computer, land... and stuff like that?

N-400

10/21/11 - papers sent

10/24/11 at 8:45 Delivery confirmed

10/27/11 Check cashed

10/26/11 NOA1

11/4/11 Biometrics for 11/22/11

11/28/11 received notification that I am in line for interview scheduling

11/30/11 received both text and email that my N-400 is already schedule for interview

1/05/12 interview - passed !!!!

3/22/12 Oath Ceremony !!!!

Timeline
what assets can be used? computer, land... and stuff like that?
Assets need to be liquid, that is easily converted to cash at the stated value of the asset. Also assets are only worth 1/3 income. So if income falls below 125% poverty line by 1000 then 3000 in assets are needed to make up for the shortfall.

Timeline

Thanks ALL, I make enough above the 125% line, we won't be using my husband's assets and since I already filled out the I-184 I will be sending in that one!

Thanks everyone for your help!!

:thumbs:

Nita

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

NVC

Embassy

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

USA

11.25.08 - POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

FYI, it has happened to someone recently that she was making above the poverty line the current year, and NVC approved the AOS, but when the case went to the consulate the visa was put on hold because the duration of income was not satisfactory, and was asked to get a co-sponsor.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
FYI, it has happened to someone recently that she was making above the poverty line the current year, and NVC approved the AOS, but when the case went to the consulate the visa was put on hold because the duration of income was not satisfactory, and was asked to get a co-sponsor.

ok... so i have a question then.

i was working a job where i was more then 125% above poverty level before our approval. i worked there for over 2 years, but it had become very hard for me to deal with the manager (he was a sexist pig and like to "touch" the girls in the office) anways... i left the early in april and started a new job back in my home state the day after. my new job is below poverty level, but i live here for free... and i am looking for a second job as we speak.

i wasnt expecting our i129f to be approved in the timeframe it was... i was told the last time i called, that it would be about june before we got our approval. anyways... got the approval on the 24th of april and now im a bit worried that i dont make enough now. my fiance said i should leave the job, because of my old boss.. but what will nvc or the interviewer think if they know i left a great job with lots of money to a ####### job with little money?

Filed: Timeline

nita&assaad,

We have almost the same timeline at NVC. I paid AOS bill online on May 01. I called NVC this morning and their automated voice msg has not changed yet. So, i am not sure if I should send i-864. Did they change yours? I was able to print the cover letter for i-864 though and the online status showing 'Paid'

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
nita&assaad,

We have almost the same timeline at NVC. I paid AOS bill online on May 01. I called NVC this morning and their automated voice msg has not changed yet. So, i am not sure if I should send i-864. Did they change yours? I was able to print the cover letter for i-864 though and the online status showing 'Paid'

once the online payment shows paid and u were able to print the coversheet u can mail your form with the supporting docs and covesheet, u dont have to wait for the automated system to change, beside that the automated will not even change to i-864 was generated except u speak to live operator to tell you that.so dont waste no time

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.