1,900 posts in this topic

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys....

As I write this, Chantal is sitting here right next to me! The interview went fine, she waited to get her Visa the next day, and I picked her up in Vermont the day after. We drove all the way from Vermont to Ohio to visit family, and arrived here in Lynchburg last night.

Couldnt have done any of this without all of your help, and just want to say thank you, and how great it was to have this support group during all of the very hard times.

We're both on cloud 9, and hope all of you are as well!!!!

Congratulations. What fabulous news for you both.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Ryan and Chantal !!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :dance::dance::dance: I am happy that everything is fine. Yes I agree that our support group is the best, :thumbs: it was very helpful while all of us were waiting for good news from USCIS.

I passed my interview last week as well. I have received visa by DHL today. I can't wait to get done with work here and get ready for my trip. I am flying to Jack on February 8th.

HEY! Congrats right back at you both. That is awesome news!

Hey guys....

As I write this, Chantal is sitting here right next to me! The interview went fine, she waited to get her Visa the next day, and I picked her up in Vermont the day after. We drove all the way from Vermont to Ohio to visit family, and arrived here in Lynchburg last night.

Couldnt have done any of this without all of your help, and just want to say thank you, and how great it was to have this support group during all of the very hard times.

We're both on cloud 9, and hope all of you are as well!!!!

Congratulations. What fabulous news for you both.

Thank you both so much, and congratulations to you guys as well!

Ryan and Chantal's Journey Together

September 10, 2007: Met online playing Spades on Yahoo.com

May 27, 2008: I-129F Filed at Vermont

January 13, 2009: Interview - APPROVED

January 15, 2009: POE - Vermont - APPROVED

January 18, 2009: Arrived in Lynchburg to start our life together.

February 20, 2009: Married at a beautiful lookout in the Blue Ridge Mountains

March 27, 2009: NOA for AOS, Temporary Work Permit, etc.

April 27, 2009: Biometrics at Durham, North Carolina

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

OMG HI EVERYONE!

I'm sorry I havent' posted in forever..no one had written for awhile, and I had been working.

UBER HUGE LOVING CONGRATS to everyone!! I had my interview last Thursday, and aside from 20 hours in a car and -37 celcius weather the morning of, the interview was stressfree and painless. Nat came and tracked me down in the Canada forum :) I posted my little review in there if anyone is interested.

So I have to wait 2 more weeks before I go - have to finish out work, pack, have a going away/bachelorette party and my grandmother is in the hospital. We figured that we had waited 10 months, another week wasn't going to kill us. I should be getting my passport back tomorrow - we got 35-40 cm (12-14 inches) of snow last night, so there was no mail delivery today.

We have the wedding date set too - march 6th. Nothing too big. We're getting married in a small town close to the VA border in a historic court house. Bo's mom has been planning a lot of things due to me being so far away. Im really excited, although we have no idea about a honeymoon yet. My uncle has a timeshare he may give us for a week in Florida, which would be absolutely lovely, but it's not a for sure yet. Trying not to get my hopes up LOL. My family is coming down a week before the wedding (bringing my best friend too), and I'm going to show them around and they are going to meet Bo's family. it will be a nice break for them all from the cold and snow!

I miss you guys! We better start catching up as soon as everyone is settled!!

<3 Jen

~She's my Lion~
~He's my Puppy~

[size=5]Our Timeline[/size]

05/05/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC
05/14/08 - NOA1
09/01/08 - NOA2
09/11/08 - Petition received by US Consulate in Montreal
09/20/08 - Received Packet 3
10/02/08 - Packet 3 delivered to MTL
10/16/08 - Medical in Halifax
01/15/09 - Interview in Montreal
01/20/09 - Visa in Hand
02/03/09 - Fly to US - POE Halifax NS
03/06/09 - Wedding in Yanceyville, NC

AOS
4/24/09 - Sent AOS package (after too many delays!)
4/27/09 - Signed for in Chicago
5/05/09 - Check cashed and all three NOA1's in the mail
5/14/09 - Received Biometrics appointment letter - Appointment is June 2nd.
6/2/09 - Biometrics at Raleigh field office - they were some of the nicest people :)
6/18/09 - EAD approved and card production ordered
6/20/09- received AP papers in the mail
6/22/09 EAD card arrived in the mail (that was fast eh?)
7/09/09 - received notice of GC appointment date
8/07/09 - Green Card interview at Raleigh Field office at 8:45am - Given RFE for I-693 Vaccination suppliment
9/08/09 - returned RFE to field office. Approved for Green Card
9/09/09 - Received email that Card production had been ordered.
9/17/09 - Green Card in the mail - No more USCIS until June, 2011 :D

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
bump

how did we slip to page 9?? :o

Hi Rocks! How are you?

Yes I see :) I am very busy at the moment here. Today I am done with work at last :dance: :dance: :dance: , but I will be busy next week again, I have to finish some things that connected with my former work and studies here. Tomorrow I am seeing my granny and I am meeting one of my friends on Sunday. :star:

Natalie

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
bump

Hi Rocks! How are you?

Yes I see :) I am very busy at the moment here. Today I am done with work at last :dance: :dance: :dance: , but I will be busy next week again, I have to finish some things that connected with my former work and studies here. Tomorrow I am seeing my granny and I am meeting one of my friends on Sunday. :star:

Natalie

hi! i'm good thankyou. i arrived here a week ago and we have been busy buying stuff for our new house and organising everything for our courthouse wedding next friday. it is SO cold here, it's as cold as back home in the uk, not really what i expected from the south. i'm really enjoying being here despite the cold. ;)

i know my last few weeks at home were hectic, there were so many things to get done and of course i didn't have time to complete them all. i hope you enjoy seeing your granny, family are what i miss the most, remember to take lots of pictures of everyone. :)

Timeline
bump

Hi Rocks! How are you?

Natalie

hi! i'm good thankyou. i arrived here a week ago and we have been busy buying stuff for our new house and organising everything for our courthouse wedding next friday. it is SO cold here, it's as cold as back home in the uk, not really what i expected from the south. i'm really enjoying being here despite the cold. ;)

i know my last few weeks at home were hectic, there were so many things to get done and of course i didn't have time to complete them all. i hope you enjoy seeing your granny, family are what i miss the most, remember to take lots of pictures of everyone. :)

Hi guys :)

I'm finishing laundry andpacking today...I dont think everythign is going to fit in the 2 bags I'm allowed on the plane LOL. Canceled my car insurance and cell phone today, just need to get my perscriptions. I leave Sunday to go visit my grandparents and friends before I fly out Tuesday :) We will have so much to do when I get there.

We are going to look at the historic building we're getting married in next friday, and we have to go wedding ring shopping and suit shopping for Bo. I am trying to figure out what kind of tradition we want to do for the ceremony..I'm not sure if we can have candles in a building like that, so I'm thinking hand tying or a sand pouring...Gah, so many decisions :) I just can't wait to be there!

I finished work yesterday, of course on my last day it had to be a snowstorm, so we got about 40 cms of snow, and high winds, which meant I was shoveling every 2 hours over my night shift. LOL I tell people that tell me I am going to miss the snow, that they are nuts!

Soon we'll all be there and start the AOS process! I dont think I can be done with USCIS soon enough lol!

Take care,

<3 Jen

~She's my Lion~
~He's my Puppy~

05/14/08 - NOA1
09/01/08 - NOA2
01/20/09 - Visa in Hand

AOS
6/2/09 - Biometrics at Raleigh field office - they were some of the nicest people :)
8/07/09 - Green Card interview at Raleigh Field office at 8:45am - Given RFE for I-693 Vaccination suppliment

Timeline
bump

Hi Rocks! How are you?

Natalie

Hi guys :)

I'm finishing laundry andpacking today...I dont think everythign is going to fit in the 2 bags I'm allowed on the plane LOL. Canceled my car insurance and cell phone today, just need to get my perscriptions. I leave Sunday to go visit my grandparents and friends before I fly out Tuesday :) We will have so much to do when I get there.

We are going to look at the historic building we're getting married in next friday, and we have to go wedding ring shopping and suit shopping for Bo. I am trying to figure out what kind of tradition we want to do for the ceremony..I'm not sure if we can have candles in a building like that, so I'm thinking hand tying or a sand pouring...Gah, so many decisions :) I just can't wait to be there!

I finished work yesterday, of course on my last day it had to be a snowstorm, so we got about 40 cms of snow, and high winds, which meant I was shoveling every 2 hours over my night shift. LOL I tell people that tell me I am going to miss the snow, that they are nuts!

Soon we'll all be there and start the AOS process! I dont think I can be done with USCIS soon enough lol!

Take care,

<3 Jen

wow, not long to go then, are you excited? it feels weird to close down all your accounts doesn't it? it's all so final and actually happening at long last! i took four suitcases in the end, it was fun picking them up at the poe and trying to wheel them with no help. at least they only fell from the cart once. :lol:

we still need to get clothes for our courthouse wedding next weekend, i have a dress at least, but that is it. i looked at some different things we could do at our family ceremony in april as we are getting married on a beach, sand pouring looked good to me. i'm sure you'll find decision making much easier when you and bo are finally reunited and don't have lots of other things to stress about.

i hope it gets warmer by the weekend or i'm going to freeze in my dress! at least there isn't 40cms of snow here, that is crazy! i wouldn't miss that either. 4cms maybe but not 40! ;)

have lots of fun with your family/friends this weekend! :)

Timeline

Hi Rocks!

Thanks. It's good to hear that you have started the preparation for your wedding. It's great. I am happy for you guys.

Have a wonderful day!!! :star::star::star:

Yes I had a great time with my granny and parents, I took pictures of course. But I can't wait to arrive there at the weekend and be with Jack :star: We had been waiting long enough.

Tomorrow I am meeting up one of my friend, she burnt dvd for me, that contains some books and atlases for med studies.

Have a good week! :star:

Timeline
Hi Rocks!

Thanks. It's good to hear that you have started the preparation for your wedding. It's great. I am happy for you guys.

Have a wonderful day!!! :star::star::star:

Yes I had a great time with my granny and parents, I took pictures of course. But I can't wait to arrive there at the weekend and be with Jack :star: We had been waiting long enough.

Tomorrow I am meeting up one of my friend, she burnt dvd for me, that contains some books and atlases for med studies.

Have a good week! :star:

not long to go then! you must be so excited. hopefully the weather will have improved by the weekend, ready for your arrival. :)

are you qualified in already and have to retake tests in the states or are you just starting to study medicine?

Timeline
are you qualified in already and have to retake tests in the states or are you just starting to study medicine?

Hi!!! :star: I hope the weather will be nice. :thumbs: I graduated from medical academy in St-Petersburg, Russia. I am trying to sort out things with studies because I don't know how it works when you move to another country, how they will certify my diploma. It's kind of complicated and I am trying to find out how foreign graduates apply for tests.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

I haven't been around lately ... Never the less I've been thinking about all of you guys!! Congratulations to our Canadians, to Nat and all other approvals .... I'm really happy for you guys!! Good luck on the nexts ... but first enjoy the firsts!

:star:

K1

05/05/08: f129 sent

05/16/08: NOA1

05/18/08: touch

06/26/08: touch

09/10/08: NOA2

09/12/08: NVC received

09/18/08: Medical

10/09/08: Embassy received

10/20/08: Packet 3 received

10/20/08: Packet 3 sent

10/28/08: Interview

10/28/08: Visa in hand

11/03/08: POE JFK

11/13/08: Marriage

AOS

12/23/08: I-485 sent

12/31/08: NOA

01/23/09: biometrics

01/29/09: transfer notice (transferred to CSC)

03/30/09: RFE

04/06/09: returned RFE info, sent copies of my medical exam

05/01/09: approved without interview, card is being produced

EAD

12/23/08: I-765 sent

01/23/09: biometrics

02/19/09: date on card

02/25/09: card sent by USCIS

03/02/09: card received

AP

12/23/08: I-131 sent

02/22/09: issue date

02/28/09: documents received

Timeline
I haven't been around lately ... Never the less I've been thinking about all of you guys!! Congratulations to our Canadians, to Nat and all other approvals .... I'm really happy for you guys!! Good luck on the nexts ... but first enjoy the firsts!

:star:

Hello there stranger :D

I'm glad to see on your timeline you've been moving right along with your AOS - how are you liking home so far? :) We are moving into our new apartment tomorrow...andI still have lots to pack. I hate packing! lol it;ll be worth it though.

I'm glad that everything went well at my interview and although I'm missing some things about Canada, I am really starting to feel comfortable here :) Hopefully we all will keep in touch after we all have arrived and settled in! I miss talking with everyone :)

Take care,

Jen

~She's my Lion~
~He's my Puppy~

05/14/08 - NOA1
09/01/08 - NOA2
01/20/09 - Visa in Hand

AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.