*JG*

Digital Cameras....Advice please.

61 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm looking at a decent digital camera to take some personal pictures. I dont' think I need more then 7 pixels. Don't need a lot of bells and whistles either. I would like it to be small enough to fit in my purse or even pants pocket from time to time. Something easy to use. Something that takes decent enough pictures for me to print out 4 x6 prints and scrap them in my books. No more then $250. Under $200 would be even better.

Battery life is always of concern as well.

I'm currently looking at the Canon Powershot 7.1 Digital ELPH camera model SD-750.

Anyone bought a decent camera lately that they are absolutely thrilled with? Give me details, please.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I'm looking at a decent digital camera to take some personal pictures. I dont' think I need more then 7 pixels. Don't need a lot of bells and whistles either. I would like it to be small enough to fit in my purse or even pants pocket from time to time. Something easy to use. Something that takes decent enough pictures for me to print out 4 x6 prints and scrap them in my books. No more then $250. Under $200 would be even better.

I'm currently looking at the Canon Powershot 7.1 Digital ELPH camera model SD-750.

Anyone bought a decent camera lately that they are absolutely thrilled with? Give me details, please.

7 pixels? :huh: not gonna be a very large pic.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I think they meant 7meg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Stick with a Canon of that size. You'll get better performance out of the IS series, though.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Timeline

All right, smartass! I meant MP's.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Stick with a Canon of that size. You'll get better performance out of the IS series, though.

I was looking at one of those too. (Don't curse me; but I liked the color best about that one!)

Canon - PowerShot 8.0MP Digital ELPH Camera - Blue

Model: SD1100IS

What do you think is better about the IS series performance?

The price is still in my range.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

yep the canon are generally quite good.

Removal of conditions

01.11.2011 Remove conditions GC I-751 ($590)

01.18.2011 NOA1

02.24.2011 Biometric

03.25.2011 Approved

03.28.2011 Notice sent

03.31.2011 Received new green card (and it's green !)

AOS/EAD/AP from K1

07.23.2008 Send AOS/EAD/AP

07.29.2008 Check cashed

08.01.2008 NOA1

08.08.2008 Biometric Notice received

08.21.2008 Biometric Appointment

09.22.2008 Approval notice sent for AP (CRIS email)

09.22.2008 Card production ordered for EAD (CRIS email)

09.25.2008 Card production ordered for EAD (CRIS email) and a couple of touch since (last one 09.30.2008)

09.27.2008 Reception AP

10.02.2008 EAD Received

02.23.2009 Notice for interview (1.5 month late compared to LA statistics)

03.16.2009 AOS Touch

04.01.2009 Interview in LA  // Approved 

04.06.2009 Welcome to the USA Letter

04.13.2009 Reception GC

Naturalization
06/2016 Request
03/2017 Interview

Almost at the end !

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I bought a Sony Cybershot just about 2 years ago and it's been the best little camera. I just got a 2gig memory card for recording video...the sound and video quality is decent enough for video keepsake clips people make. I think I paid about $300 for it, but they've gone down in price since. The screen is really big and the controls are very intuitive, easy to use.

Timeline

I was looking at one of those too. (Don't curse me; but I liked the color best about that one!)

The image stabilization will compensate for most of the digital smearing that happens when you hold the camera by hand, specially in low light conditions. I own an SD800IS and never leave home without it.

Plus the underwater housings for these cameras rock.

On the camera itself I also love the ability to play with color substitution without having to use Photoshop... focus on one color component of a frame and everything else in black and white... is a real treat sometimes.

Edited by maviwaro

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

All right, smartass! I meant MP's.

:P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
I bought a Sony Cybershot just about 2 years ago and it's been the best little camera. I just got a 2gig memory card for recording video...the sound and video quality is decent enough for video keepsake clips people make. I think I paid about $300 for it, but they've gone down in price since. The screen is really big and the controls are very intuitive, easy to use.

I looked at those. Some of the reviews, both professional and personal, were not as good as I like to see. I usually go to CNet to scope out my electronics before I buy them.

Might rethink it a bit if you are that happy with yours.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

The image stabilization will compensate for most of the digital smearing that happens when you hold the camera by hand, specially in low light conditions. I own an SD800IS and never leave home without it.

On the camera itself I also love the ability to play with color substitution without having to use Photoshop... focus on one color component of a frame and everything else in black and white... is a real treat sometimes.

Ah, yes.....the stabilization. My hand tends to make my pictures kind of shaky sometimes. I had read about that and was interested in that component.

I read something about being able to sepia the pictures on the camera too. That sounded pretty cool.

Underwater actually sounds good. Since hubby is from Jamaica, I'm sure I'll be taking it to the beach eventually.

Thanks.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Ah, yes.....the stabilization. My hand tends to make my pictures kind of shaky sometimes. I had read about that and was interested in that component.

I read something about being able to sepia the pictures on the camera too. That sounded pretty cool.

Underwater actually sounds good. Since hubby is from Jamaica, I'm sure I'll be taking it to the beach eventually.

Thanks.

I wish I had some snorkeling pics on my set up to show you here... but me's at work now!

My previous camera is a Sony too... no complaints in that department other than low light limitations.

I'd go with a canon, they rock.

Mine is 6.0 Mega Pixels, power shot A540. Think it was around $230.00. I love it!

It does so much cute little things...sepia, black and white, colour swap...It's fantastic.

The more mega pixels, the better quality pictures are when you make them HUGE.

For regular photos you don't need to be spending the big bucks on anything above 6mp.

Also watch out about screen on the back of the camera...you pay for how big it is...so...if you don't specifically need the viewer to be the same size as the camera....don't fork out the extra money for that either. :)

Edited by ~Laura and Nick~

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I looked at those. Some of the reviews, both professional and personal, were not as good as I like to see. I usually go to CNet to scope out my electronics before I buy them.

Might rethink it a bit if you are that happy with yours.

That's good. I usually do the same. Before making your final decision though, I'd go to an electronic store where they have the cameras on the display to try them out. I think that makes a big difference. :)