ctygl

ds-230 and possible RFE

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Ok, I sent the ds-230 last week and they have received it. I believe that I'm going to get a RFE because I forgot to write in Present in the area where it ask for employment and addresses. You know in that area you can only type dates, anyway, I printed it out and was going to write in present and forgot. I talked to a rep and they said that I probably will get an RFE because you can't leave anything blank.

Does anyone know if I can go ahead and resubmit the application or do I have to wait for the actual RFE to be recorded???

If I can send it in now, should I wait anyway to see if there is another RFE that I will have to correct??

Hubby Step-Mom Apply for minor child
2/25/2013 - Priority Date

NVC
03/19/2014 - Case complete at NVC

01/02/2015 - Interview scheduled (Interview Date: 02/12/2015)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I think it depends on the rep, really. I made a few "mistakes" on my I-130 but they just let them slide.

You should wait for them to either complete your case or say that they have sent you an RFE for two reasons. One, they might not see anything wrong with it and complete your case. And two, if you send them anything while they're processing a form, it might confuse them and delay the whole thing. So the best thing is for you to wait.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I think it depends on the rep, really. I made a few "mistakes" on my I-130 but they just let them slide.

You should wait for them to either complete your case or say that they have sent you an RFE for two reasons. One, they might not see anything wrong with it and complete your case. And two, if you send them anything while they're processing a form, it might confuse them and delay the whole thing. So the best thing is for you to wait.

Diana

:thumbs:

I also forgot to write 'present' in two fields and I did get an RFE for it, as Diana mentioned, best to wait and see if they send you an RFE, to send a corrected form now will just cause confusion.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I agree with above statements. RFE's are always a draw. Who knows why some get them and some don't for the same "mistake". I had mistakes on my I-130 too, and I didnt even give them my official marriage cert....I was so sure I'd get RFE...but nope smooth sailing and now I'm at NVC.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
I agree with above statements. RFE's are always a draw. Who knows why some get them and some don't for the same "mistake". I had mistakes on my I-130 too, and I didnt even give them my official marriage cert....I was so sure I'd get RFE...but nope smooth sailing and now I'm at NVC.

Hopefully you dont, buit dont be surprise if you do. Lets just hope for the best now

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

I just received the DS-230 from my spouse. She typed 05-2008 (instead of "Present") for both current resident and employment. Can it be a possible cause for RFE?

Oh, Another question:

What did you guys write on Q 20 (Form DS-230)? Do we need to put the full address? It only asked for City or Town.

I know this are so silly questions. But I am just desperately trying to avoid any RFE.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
I just received the DS-230 from my spouse. She typed 05-2008 (instead of "Present") for both current resident and employment. Can it be a possible cause for RFE?

Oh, Another question:

What did you guys write on Q 20 (Form DS-230)? Do we need to put the full address? It only asked for City or Town.

I know this are so silly questions. But I am just desperately trying to avoid any RFE.

This is an old post and I saw that ctygl is completed at NVC.

Anyway, back to your question. 05-2008 is fine since currently it is still May. Consulate officer might re-assess these questions again during interview though.

For Question 20, we just wrote in the City, not the whole address. Hope that help. Good luck!

I-130 Journey

USCIS

2007-07-17 : Marriage

2007-08-14 : I-130 Sent

2007-10-02 : I-130 NOA1

2008-03-06 : I-130 NOA2

NVC

2008-03-18 : NVC Case # Assigned

2008-04-28 : I-864EZ Cleared at NVC

2008-05-19 : NVC Forwarded Case to HCMC

CONSULATE

2008-05-21 : HCMC Received Electronic File

2008-06-05 : Interview Passed!

2008-06-17 : Visa in Hand

US

2008-06-24 : POE - Newark

2008-07-24 : Received Green Card

2008-08-25 : Received SS Card

2010-04-12 : I-751 and Check Sent

2010-04-21 : I-751 NOA Received - 1 Year Extension

2010-08-20 : 10-Year Green Card Arrived

Naturalization

2012-08-27 : File N-400

2012-08-31 : Check Cashed

2012-09-06 : N-400 NOA

2012-09-19 : Biometric Appointment and Fingerprint

2012-10-15 : Receive Naturalization Interview Date

2012-11-19 : Naturalization Interview Completed

2013-01-14 : Oath Letter received

2013-01-16 : Oath Ceremony / Become US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.