h1ghl4nd3r

Fiancee' visa approved but the sealed document was opened...

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi there... I have a stupid question for a stupid mistake...

What happens if the sealed package that came along with the fiancee' visa was opened? I checked around the web but all I could find is the consequences of trying to enter the U.S.

I guess what I need to know is, what should my Fiancee' do and what kind of delay should we expect from this?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read, and hopefuly respond...

Edited by h1ghl4nd3r

What happens if the sealed package that came along with the fiancee' visa was opened? I checked around the web but all I could find is the consequences of trying to enter the U.S.

I guess what I need to know is, what should my Fiancee' do and what kind of delay should we expect from this?

Contact the embassy, have them reseal it. Don't enter the US until this has been done.

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Congrats on obtaining your visa, you will have to have it returned to the embassy to be resealed, it has to be sealed when given in at your poe.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What was inside? ;);)

seriously....bring it back to the embassy before you depart

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2007-09-29

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-10-01

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-01-07

NVC Received : 2008-01-14

Payment Made to Delbros 2008-02-04

Forwarded to USEM 2008-02-11

Request made to NSO 2008-02-27

Medical Exam: 2008-03-04

Interview Date : 2008-03-11 PASSED!

Second Request to NSO 2008-03-11

Found out why we are on AR 2008-04-15

Doc request forwarded to NSO on 2008-04-21

Visa APPROVED AND PRINTED on 2008-05-09

RELEASED FOR DELIVERY on 2008-05-12(13)

Out for delivery on 2008-05-16

Visa in Hand 2008-06-03-2008

Arrived 2008-06-17

Married 2008-09-01

Submitted AOS and EAD 2008-09-17

Biometrics appointment 2008-10-16

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I know it sounds stupid, but I had the same situation :whistle: The package came when I wasn't home, so my mom took it, and you know how curious mothers can be... so she opened everything they brought, looking for passport to check whether I got visa or not. When I came home I was shocked. Thank God she didn't tear it apart!!! I sealed it back with the help of... tape. In the US they said nothing to me, maybe I was lucky :P Good luck!!!

Edited by tashyta

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I know it sounds stupid, but I had the same situation :whistle: The package came when I wasn't home, so my mom took it, and you know how curious mothers can be... so she opened everything they brought, looking for passport to check whether I got visa or not. When I came home I was shocked. Thank God she didn't tear it apart!!! I sealed it back with the help of... tape. In the US they said nothing to me, maybe I was lucky :P Good luck!!!

If you have time, the best thing to do is take it back and have them reseal it. The POE sees lots of these mistakes and just overlooks them. I guess it's just a lot easier for them to pretend they opened it than to send people back home.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

If this mistake was done in India, the consulate ask you to get a new sealed envelope from the embassy after you pay the Immigrant Visa fee, once again! The exact language of Consulate-specific document (http://travel.state.gov/pdf/supplements/BMB-SUP-ENGL-0001-0804.pdf) is as follows:

If the sealed envelope is opened prior to arrival in the United States, the immigrant visa fee of $400 must be paid again at the American Consulate, Mumbai and new sealed envelope will be handed over to the applicant.

Hope your embassy does not charge you for issuing a new envelope.

Regards,

Sanjiv Patel

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.