✿Ice Rain✿

COMMON CAUSES OF MARITAL PROBLEMS

105 posts in this topic

3.Frustration. Most persons have a tendency to become irritated and angry when their desires are blocked or thwarted.Frustrated people tend to become aggressive.The wife may give into the husband but she may take it out on him in other way such as nagging.It is not always the presence of contrary traits possessed by the wife which may clash with the attitudes and actions of the husband.Marital conflict may not only be a difference in traits but also a collision of wishes.The wife wants new curtains; and the husband wants a tool set.Guess who wins out at the end.You're wrong.Nobody wins.

when i drive , i frustrated him when i refused to turn right in blockbuster :lol:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Who should be the 'boss' in the family? Hrmmm......

Better than #14 a working wife... If a man just wants his wife for himself clearly he isn't mature enough to married in the first place. Not to bash stay at home spouses who are home for actual, real, mature reasons, but if that's the only reason for it, that's pretty sad...

There are husbands who tends to be jealous of their wives' time. A wife's promotion and success at work are a a threat to the husband. The competition can become a rivalry where the husband feels that his masculinity is challenged bu his wife's success. This is a possible that will cause trouble , specially when the husband cherishes the older tradition of complete male dominance in all things.A traditional husband who wants a full-time housewife whose interests revolve completely around him and whose life is subordinated to his standards and wishes.

Edited by SHAPE OF MY HEART

Timeline
With regards to the authority and responsibility, who should be the boss in the family? wife or husband? who should wear the pants? The question of who should exercise authority sometimes brings tension in the family.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Who should be the 'boss' in the family? Hrmmm......

Better than #14 a working wife... If a man just wants his wife for himself clearly he isn't mature enough to married in the first place. Not to bash stay at home spouses who are home for actual, real, mature reasons, but if that's the only reason for it, that's pretty sad...

There are husbands who tends to be jealous of their wives' time. A wife's promotion and success at work are a a threat to the husband. The competition can become a rivalry where the husband feels that his masculinity is challenged bu his wife's success. This is a possible that will cause trouble , specially when the husband cherishes the older tradition of complete male dominance in all things.A traditional husband who wants a full-time housewife whose interests revolve completely around him and whose life is subordinated to his standards and wishes.

Sooooooooooooooooooo true!!!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
possible Causes of Marital Problems.

10.Trifles.

Speaking of Trifle one of the best recipes I have found is the following:

English Trifle with Pears and Dried Cherries

by Carolyn Miller

from Williams-Sonoma Christmas

(Simon & Schuster Source, 2003)

Serves a large crowd

Trifle, a layered dessert of sponge or pound cake, crème Anglaise, fruit, and fresh whipped cream have been showing up at elegant Christmas dinners for centuries. This version by Carolyn Miller makes for a particularly festive dessert-table centerpiece.

Ingredients FOR THE CRÈME ANGLAISE

2 cups milk,

2 large eggs, plus 1 egg yolk

1/4 cup granulated sugar

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Ingredients FOR THE TRIFLE

1 cup dried tart cherries

3 Bartlett pears

Juice of 1 lemon

2 cups raspberry jam

1/4 cup warm water

1 cup slivered almonds, toasted (SEE NOTE)

One 9-by-5-inch bakery pound cake

1 cup sherry (preferably amontillado or oloroso), Madeira, or sweet Marsala 4 cups Crème Anglaise (above)

Ingredients FOR THE WHIPPED CREAM

1 1/2 cups heavy cream

1 1/2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

MAKE THE CRÈME ANGLAISE

1. Rinse the inside of a non-aluminum saucepan with water and shake out the excess water. Pour in the milk and place over medium-low heat until small bubbles form around the edges of the pan, about 5 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the whole eggs, egg yolk, and granulated sugar and whisk just until blended. Gradually whisk in half of the hot milk, then pour the egg mixture into the pan. Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring constantly until thick enough to coat the back of spoon, leaving a clear trail when a finger is drawn through it, 6 to 8 minutes. Do not allow to boil.

2. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl. Stir in the vanilla. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing it directly on the surface to prevent a skin from forming, and let cool. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or for up to 2 days.

MAKE THE TRIFLE

1. Put the dried cherries in a small bowl and add boiling water to cover. Let stand for at least 30 minutes to plump the cherries. Drain. Reserve about 2 tablespoons of the cherries for garnish.

2. Peel the pears, halve lengthwise, core, and cut the pears crosswise into thin slices. Put them in a bowl, add the lemon juice, and toss to coat. In a small bowl, combine the jam with the warm water and stir. Reserve about 2 tablespoons almonds for garnish.

3. Cut the sponge cake into slices 1/2 inch thick. In a 2 1/2-quart trifle dish or deep glass bowl, make a layer of one-third of the cake slices, cutting and fitting them together as necessary. Sprinkle the cake layer with one-third of the sherry. Dollop one-third of the jam mixture over the cake. Sprinkle the jam with one-third each of the pears, cherries, and almonds, in that order.

4. Pour 1 1/3 cups of the crème anglaise over the top. Repeat to make 2 more layers.

5. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate the trifle for at least 2 hours or for up to overnight.

MAKE THE WHIPPED CREAM

1. About 30 minutes before serving, make the whipped cream: In a deep bowl, using a balloon whisk, beat the cream, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla until soft peaks form. Spoon the cream over the top of the trifle. Garnish with the reserved cherries and almonds.

2. Let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes. To serve, scoop out large spoonfuls, going down to the bottom layer.

NOTE: To toast the slivered almonds, in a small, dry frying pan over medium-low heat, stir the almonds frequently until they are fragrant and begin to turn golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Immediately transfer to a bowl and let cool.

trifle.jpg

Si me dieran a elegir una vez más_____ Nos casamos: el 01 de Julio 2008

te elegiría sin pensarlo _______________ Una cita con una abogada para validar la info de VJ: el 24 de Agosto, 2008 (Ya ella me cree)

es que no hay nada que pensar_______ El envio del I-130: el 26 de Agosto 2008

que no existe ni motivo ni razón ______ Entregado a las 14:13 PM en el 26 de Agosto, 2008 en CHICAGO, IL. Firmado por V BUSTAMANTE.

para dudarlo ni un segundo ___________ La 1ra Notificación de Acción (NOA1): el 29 de Agosto 2008

porque tú has sido lo mejor ___________ El cheque al USCIS cobró: el 2 de Septiembre, 2008

que todo este corazón ________________ Un toque el 19 de septiembre, 2008

y que entre el cielo y tú

yo me quedo contigo

-Franco deVita

Timeline

Hehe, LOL!!

possible Causes of Marital Problems.

10.Trifles.

Speaking of Trifle one of the best recipes I have found is the following:

English Trifle with Pears and Dried Cherries

by Carolyn Miller

from Williams-Sonoma Christmas

(Simon & Schuster Source, 2003)

Serves a large crowd

Trifle, a layered dessert of sponge or pound cake, crème Anglaise, fruit, and fresh whipped cream have been showing up at elegant Christmas dinners for centuries. This version by Carolyn Miller makes for a particularly festive dessert-table centerpiece.

Ingredients FOR THE CRÈME ANGLAISE

2 cups milk,

2 large eggs, plus 1 egg yolk

1/4 cup granulated sugar

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Ingredients FOR THE TRIFLE

1 cup dried tart cherries

3 Bartlett pears

Juice of 1 lemon

2 cups raspberry jam

1/4 cup warm water

1 cup slivered almonds, toasted (SEE NOTE)

One 9-by-5-inch bakery pound cake

1 cup sherry (preferably amontillado or oloroso), Madeira, or sweet Marsala 4 cups Crème Anglaise (above)

Ingredients FOR THE WHIPPED CREAM

1 1/2 cups heavy cream

1 1/2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

MAKE THE CRÈME ANGLAISE

1. Rinse the inside of a non-aluminum saucepan with water and shake out the excess water. Pour in the milk and place over medium-low heat until small bubbles form around the edges of the pan, about 5 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the whole eggs, egg yolk, and granulated sugar and whisk just until blended. Gradually whisk in half of the hot milk, then pour the egg mixture into the pan. Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring constantly until thick enough to coat the back of spoon, leaving a clear trail when a finger is drawn through it, 6 to 8 minutes. Do not allow to boil.

2. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl. Stir in the vanilla. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing it directly on the surface to prevent a skin from forming, and let cool. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or for up to 2 days.

MAKE THE TRIFLE

1. Put the dried cherries in a small bowl and add boiling water to cover. Let stand for at least 30 minutes to plump the cherries. Drain. Reserve about 2 tablespoons of the cherries for garnish.

2. Peel the pears, halve lengthwise, core, and cut the pears crosswise into thin slices. Put them in a bowl, add the lemon juice, and toss to coat. In a small bowl, combine the jam with the warm water and stir. Reserve about 2 tablespoons almonds for garnish.

3. Cut the sponge cake into slices 1/2 inch thick. In a 2 1/2-quart trifle dish or deep glass bowl, make a layer of one-third of the cake slices, cutting and fitting them together as necessary. Sprinkle the cake layer with one-third of the sherry. Dollop one-third of the jam mixture over the cake. Sprinkle the jam with one-third each of the pears, cherries, and almonds, in that order.

4. Pour 1 1/3 cups of the crème anglaise over the top. Repeat to make 2 more layers.

5. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate the trifle for at least 2 hours or for up to overnight.

MAKE THE WHIPPED CREAM

1. About 30 minutes before serving, make the whipped cream: In a deep bowl, using a balloon whisk, beat the cream, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla until soft peaks form. Spoon the cream over the top of the trifle. Garnish with the reserved cherries and almonds.

2. Let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes. To serve, scoop out large spoonfuls, going down to the bottom layer.

NOTE: To toast the slivered almonds, in a small, dry frying pan over medium-low heat, stir the almonds frequently until they are fragrant and begin to turn golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Immediately transfer to a bowl and let cool.

trifle.jpg

Timeline
Extreme physical or mental fatigue, if a man consistently overworks or plays very much and does not get sufficient rest, he is bound to have frazzled nerves and take his tension out on his partner.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

What did you get this out of Shape? Just curious...

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

"HERE ARE 2 RULES THAT ME AND RICHARD AGREED ON ,

FIRST RULE: WIFE IS ALWAYS RIGHT!

SECOND RULE: IF ANYONE IS AGAINST THIS, PLS GO BACK TO RULE NUMBER 1...

then we ammend it a bit just to be a lil lenient..

FIRST RULE: WIFE IS ALWAYS RIGHT.

SECOND RULE: BUT HUSBAND CAN BE AT THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE BED.

1_280971304l.jpg

1_962753823l.jpg1_759630180l.jpg

1_812926551l.jpg

05-24-08 - POE JFK

06-10-08 - applied SSN (06-16-08 - received SSN card with maiden name)

06-21-08 - wedding day

06-24-08 - applied for SSN change of last name ( 07-02-08 - received SSN card with married name)

08-07-08 - AOS packet sent thru Fedex

08-08-08 - AOS packet received by USCIS

08-14-08 - NOA 1 date for AOS, EAD and AP

08-25-08 - Biometrics schedule received

09-05-08 - BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT

09-08-08 - TOUCHED (I-485 and EAD)

09-17-08 - I-485 transferred to California Service Center

09-19-08 - I-485 TOUCHED (received mail same day about the transfer too)

10-03/06/07-08 - I-485 TOUCHED

10-21-08 - I-131 AP APPROVED

10-22-08 - I-765 EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

10-27-08 - RECEIVED AP in mail and I-765 touched again online

10-29-08 - Notice of Approval for I-765 was sent out today

10-30-08 - Notice of Approval for I-765 touched again then RECEIVED THE EAD CARD the same day

Timeline
What did you get this out of Shape? Just curious...

Women's Home Weekly - April 1964 Edition

:lol:

:lol:

Actually, this prompted the question...

2.Domestic Grievances. Marriage is more than a partnership contract.It is a tradition-smothered social institution which is governed by the laws of man and of God.

tradition-smothered?? :wacko: and the God part made me wonder....

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED

I think we need to adopt your rules! The only time we fight is when he won't follow rule #1 :)

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Timeline

:thumbs:

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED