~Jess~

Stressed

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

ok so i am here in New York. George is in Saudi Arabia.

Before i left Saudi we went to the american embassy to citizen services and George filled out a general affidavit stating he is the father of the baby and wants his name on the birth certificate. it was notarized by the Consular at the embassy and Georges signature and mine are on this form.

Well here in NY apparently both parents must sign the birth certificate worksheet packet in order for the fathers name to be included on the birth certificate. problem...George isnt here and cant be here.

I called the clerks office in the county he will be born in and they said they are pretty sure that the affidavit we have will not hold up and the only way to ad his name on the birth certificate is if we went to court later.........ummmm George cant come back here.

So big problem...if his name isnt on the birth certificate....We cant file or register him for his Lebanese citizenship...and even bigger problem, George can not apply for a visa to Saudi for him. BIG PROBLEMS.

i dont know what to do.

everything ive found online suggests that if the parents are married at the time of birth the husband is recognized as the father of the child...but other things i have seen say he must be present to sign. im confused and so down hearted right now. i just wish i could get on a plane and go back now and just deliever him over there.

George is calling the lebanese consulate here in ny as well as the lebanese embassy over there. they are ding bats over here so im not putting to much hope in what they can do for us.

I am leaving it in Gods hands because if i dont, i will go crazy.

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Maybe get a lawers advice

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Jess,

Oh this is not something you need at this time, ####### is wrong with the government, idiots most of the time.

hugs008-1.gif

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

what about fathers who are deployed during their kids births and situations like that? does that mean their name cant go on the birth certificate? im sure there is a way around it...u just need to talk to the right person...good luck

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Timeline

im really hoping for a way around it. im thinking that there are military exceptions..but that isnt our case. i am REALLLLY hoping to get some good news.

i have contacted a few lawyers and i will again soon. a long with calling the support and collections agency and finding out if i can get some paperwork in advance to get filled out. ughh

Jan 11-Divorce final

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Timeline

Is it possible to move this to off topics? maybe ill get some other advice there too...............please and thanks

Jan 11-Divorce final

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: Timeline

Does this issue also affect babies born to K1's, K3's and CR1 that are conceived BEFORE he comes over and born here? I

've only had one cup of coffee so if that sounded stuipd just scroll down and pay no attention to me.

jackie

eta: hi jess! I love you and I miss you. Hope you are in good health. I watch your myspace updates all the time. :)

Edited by just_Jackie

Timeline

i have no idea if they are included......i would assume the birth certificate would have to be amended after the father arrives...in which case he can sign after he arrives...................

Jan 11-Divorce final

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Timeline

On second thought lets leave this here in MENA......

Seems strange. I know with my son and daughter, I wrote in everything and sent it off myself......ex didn't sign a thing. Maybe it differs state to state? Wishing you all the best Jess

Yep it differs by state from what ive been told. My ex had to sign at the time Daemian was born....

I talked to my grandmother and she told me she will take me up to the clerks office tomorow so i dont have to try and explain this situation over the phone.....soooooo hopefully we can get something figured out tomorrow...but im not holding my breath.

Jan 11-Divorce final

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Timeline
Jess,

I will PM you my experience.

Tasha

Thanks you..i look forward to reading it.

I just want to stop being stressed out.

tomorrow will be a day full of running around in hopes of finding some good news. :crying:

Jan 11-Divorce final

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Jess - Just take it easy today, tomorrow will come fast enough, kick back, eat something naughty, watch some trash TV, and know that everyone here is right here to support you, we will all make it :thumbs:

Soon you will be seeing your little ones having a good time, and than it will be help, how do I clean this mess up :wacko:

child_last_day.jpg

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Timeline

i can relax until about 4 when George gets online to chat.....and then it will be back to stressing because he is freaking out cause of all the problems this can cause.

oyyyyy.

Jan 11-Divorce final

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Each state's laws are different. I know for a fact in Texas and Kentucky if you are married the husband's name will go on the birth certificate. In Kentucky even if it is later proven by genetic testing that your husband is not the father he is still considered the "legal father" and the state will not pursue any action against the biological father.

I would look on the internet for the laws specific to your state to see exactly what they are. I don't understand why an officially notarized statement would not be accepted by the department of vital records even if done outside of the hospital.

Maybe even contact the hospital to see if there is a form they use to Acknowledge Paternity that will be accepted since they are the ones who send the paperwork to the vital records department of your state.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.