Anna & Byron

once more I-134... tax returns

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

hi again,

just wondering the new instructions say tax returns only if self-employed. so all my angel is sending me is:

-notarized i-134

-paper from work

-last 4 paystubs

-paper from bank

-the last 3 bank statements

will that be enough? he makes 44K (letter from work) a year but started working in that company just last summer and he never deposited his pay checks really -.-

well he could add the last tax return, just nothing older... kinda scared since i keep reading ppl add tax returns o.O

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

Please include IRS tax transcripts for the past 3 years, this is important.1036140p1r5fxy1ce.gif

Since his income is already over the poverty level , it is not necessary anymore to disclose the bank statements.

-Shape

hi again,

just wondering the new instructions say tax returns only if self-employed. so all my angel is sending me is:

-notarized i-134

-paper from work

-last 4 paystubs

-paper from bank

will that be enough? he makes 44K (letter from work) a year but started working in that company just last summer and he never deposited his pay checks really -.-

well he could add the last tax return, just nothing older... kinda scared since i keep reading ppl add tax returns o.O

Edited by SHAPE OF MY HEART

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
so the instruction part of the I-134 saying only needed if self-employed is wrong? :crying:

ty for the answer guess we have a prob then *sigh*

Don't confuse requirments with recommended best practices. The form's instructions are correct but in general it is a best practice to include three years of tax transcripts. If doing so will actually make the financial situation look less favorable, then don't do it. I wouldn't included bank statements if the income is sufficient.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi,

I've been having this very same frustrating problem. It does sound like most people attach the last 3 years' tax returns but this is in no way required. The instructions vs. what everyone else does confused the heck out of me too.

Just looked up your US embassy in Germany and here's their instructions: http://germany.usembassy.gov/root/pdfs/vis...heet_-i-134.pdf

Every embassy is different in what they require is the thing. Your embassy happens to have the same requirements as the one my SO has to go through in London, which is to provide 'at least 2 of the following'. So according to that, you should be good to go on what you have already.

Note that it also only asks for the past year's tax returns, so if your fiance has those then go ahead and include them, I say. But I think 3 years is overkill and if it's a hassle don't bother. I think you're sending in more than ample evidence.

I've asked people and the worst that happens if they don't think you have enough evidence at the interview, is that they give you a slip telling you to gather the requested information and mail it into them as soon as you can. Then they issue the visa. You don't have to re-interview or travel back to the embassy or anything, so it's not that bad or some irrevocable error.

Just letting you know because this is the same thing I've been going aaah about for the past week before figuring everything out :) And thanks to rebeccajo and others for leading me through all that.

Summer 2001 - met my Scottish boy

December 18th, 2007 - proposal in Madrid's Botanical Gardens with a duck standing behind him going 'food?'

January 18th, 2008 - I-129F sent to VSC

January 31st, 2008 - received NOA1, issued Jan. 24 :)

February 24th, 2008 - NOA2; omgwtfbbqlolz

February 29th, 2008 - NVC letter sent

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline
kinda scared since i keep reading ppl add tax returns o.O

I agree with SnowyTater, our Consulate here asked for copies of the federal taxes paid during the last 2 years. So it doesn't matter that the instructions on I-134 say "only if self employed", we also need to submit those copies, even when my fiance is not self employed.

APPLIED FOR NATURALIZATION 07/2021

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.05.2011 - Check cashed

08.08.2011- NOA Received

08.19.2011 - Biometrics Letter Received

09.12.2011 - Biometrics Appointment

01.27.2012 - Card production ordered

02.01.2012 - 10 year GC Received

07.25.2021 - N400 filed online

08.09.2021- Biometrics re-use notice

04.18.2022- Interview done at Minneapolis USCIS Local Office   ✔️ Received N-652 "Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval" during the interview.

05.19.2022- Oath Ceremony in MN

I live in USA.

I am Self Employed, Been that way for the last 10 years.

I get a 1099 from people whom I do work for. This is used in place of a W-2.

Just bring one year of taxes if it is beneficial for the visa. If bringing the last 3 years is beneficial then bring it, if not just do what instructions say on USCIS form.

C. If Self-Employed:

1. Copy of last income tax return filed

2. Report of Comericial rating concern

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Hi,

Please include IRS tax transcripts for the past 3 years, this is important.1036140p1r5fxy1ce.gif

Since his income is already over the poverty level , it is not necessary anymore to disclose the bank statements.

-Shape

hi again,

-notarized i-134

-paper from work

-last 4 paystubs

-paper from bank

How do we know his income is over the poverty level? Only Federal Income Tax Return will prove that.

Having a letter from an employer or friend will only show what they think he may or might not make this year, It is only an estimated amount.

Edited by tallcoolone

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Don't confuse requirments with recommended best practices. The form's instructions are correct but in general it is a best practice to include three years of tax transcripts. If doing so will actually make the financial situation look less favorable, then don't do it. I wouldn't included bank statements if the income is sufficient.

I hope I can get by with two years of tax statements. I took 2005 off and did not file for that year. My bank statements show why I was able to do that.

I've been a little worried that would trip me up.

• 07/17/07 Returned from two months in China. All K1 documents 'in hand'.
  • 07/19/07 Completed preparation of I-129F & associated documentation. Mailed it.
  • 08/03/07 Received NOA1 from the CSC.
  • 12/13/07 Received NOA2 from the CSC.
  • 01/23/08 NVC sent our case to U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou China.
  • 03/31/08 U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou China received, issued case number.
  • 04/05/08 P3 received.
  • 04/06/08 P3 sent.
  • 05/01/08 P4 received.
  • 05/12/08 Flight to China.
  • 06/23/08 Interview at U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou China- PINK.
  • 06/25/08 K1 & K2 visas received.
  • 07/09/08 We all arrive in America, Chicago POE
  • 08/06/08 Fiancee receives SSN (req. for marriage in our state)
  • 08/08/08 Married
  • 09/01/08 Moved into new house. AR-11's filed for wife & son.
  • 09/19/08 AOS / EAD package mailed.
  • 09/25/08 AOS / EAD NOAs.
  • 10/02/08 Biometrics letters.
  • 10/16/08 Biometrics taken.
  • 10/17/08 Case transferred to CSC.
  • 12/08/08 EADs approved / EAD cards issued.
  • 03/05/09 AOS approved.
  • 03/12/09 Green Cards received.
  • 09/17/10 Application for Lifting Conditions Mailed.
  • 10/04/10 NOA1
  • 10/19/10 Biometrics Taken.
  • 01/07/11 Removal of Conditions Approved
  • 02/26/12 Still Happily Married & Doing Well

4983700_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I would do 2 or more years of returns and the actual w2's or 1099's (wichever applies to you). I unfortunatly couldnt get copies of transcripts in time so I only gave my fiance the 1099 and tax return form of 2007 along with recent paystubs for about 3 months. She got the visa with no problem for her and her daughter. Note that this was in Juarez, Mexico so I would provide more years if you can since all consulates dont work the same way. good luck.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
I would do 2 or more years of returns and the actual w2's or 1099's (wichever applies to you). I unfortunatly couldnt get copies of transcripts in time so I only gave my fiance the 1099 and tax return form of 2007 along with recent paystubs for about 3 months. She got the visa with no problem for her and her daughter. Note that this was in Juarez, Mexico so I would provide more years if you can since all consulates dont work the same way. good luck.

That's good to know. Thank you! :thumbs:

• 07/17/07 Returned from two months in China. All K1 documents 'in hand'.
  • 07/19/07 Completed preparation of I-129F & associated documentation. Mailed it.
  • 08/03/07 Received NOA1 from the CSC.
  • 12/13/07 Received NOA2 from the CSC.
  • 01/23/08 NVC sent our case to U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou China.
  • 03/31/08 U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou China received, issued case number.
  • 04/05/08 P3 received.
  • 04/06/08 P3 sent.
  • 05/01/08 P4 received.
  • 05/12/08 Flight to China.
  • 06/23/08 Interview at U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou China- PINK.
  • 06/25/08 K1 & K2 visas received.
  • 07/09/08 We all arrive in America, Chicago POE
  • 08/06/08 Fiancee receives SSN (req. for marriage in our state)
  • 08/08/08 Married
  • 09/01/08 Moved into new house. AR-11's filed for wife & son.
  • 09/19/08 AOS / EAD package mailed.
  • 09/25/08 AOS / EAD NOAs.
  • 10/02/08 Biometrics letters.
  • 10/16/08 Biometrics taken.
  • 10/17/08 Case transferred to CSC.
  • 12/08/08 EADs approved / EAD cards issued.
  • 03/05/09 AOS approved.
  • 03/12/09 Green Cards received.
  • 09/17/10 Application for Lifting Conditions Mailed.
  • 10/04/10 NOA1
  • 10/19/10 Biometrics Taken.
  • 01/07/11 Removal of Conditions Approved
  • 02/26/12 Still Happily Married & Doing Well

4983700_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

Tax return forms as in the forms you receive from your employer correct?

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

(11-24-07)Met again in Hungary

(02-19-08)Met again in Hungary

K1 Visa Petition

(09-27-07)Preparing to send K1 Petition

(12-03-07)K1 Petition Sent US Postal Service

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-21-08)Recieved at NVC

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(04-02-08)Received Packet 3

(04-27-08)Medical Completed

(05-15-08)Received Packet 4

(05-29-08)Interview Date

(05-29-08)Visa given 40 mins after approval

(06-02-08)Arrival at the JFK and EAD given

Tax returns as in what you turned into Uncle Sam. (1040, etc.)

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

No, a tax return is what you file to tell the IRS how much you own them or how much they owe you. A complete return includes at least a 1040 or 1040EZ and any w2's or 1099's you may have received.

My tax return includes about 20 pages. Some are much thicker. Many are just two pages and a W2 form.

That's why we recommend and they prefer IRS Transcripts of the returns.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

No, a tax return is what you file to tell the IRS how much you own them or how much they owe you. A complete return includes at least a 1040 or 1040EZ and any w2's or 1099's you may have received.

My tax return includes about 20 pages. Some are much thicker. Many are just two pages and a W2 form.

That's why we recommend and they prefer IRS Transcripts of the returns.

Thanks for the clarification.

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

(11-24-07)Met again in Hungary

(02-19-08)Met again in Hungary

K1 Visa Petition

(09-27-07)Preparing to send K1 Petition

(12-03-07)K1 Petition Sent US Postal Service

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-21-08)Recieved at NVC

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(04-02-08)Received Packet 3

(04-27-08)Medical Completed

(05-15-08)Received Packet 4

(05-29-08)Interview Date

(05-29-08)Visa given 40 mins after approval

(06-02-08)Arrival at the JFK and EAD given

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.