~Laura and Nick~

Anyone watching Larry King?

55 posts in this topic

Those freak a$$ wives from the Yearning for Zion Ranch raid.

They are like robots.

So scripted and insane.

"Our soul purpose is to get our children back"

Over and over and over again.

OMG so freakish.

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and now Winston Blackmore is on....20 wives, 100 kids but yet "there's no need to talk about that". :angry:

How fcuking convenient.

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Awwwww you guys updated your pics!!! :) :) :)

Sorry completely off topic :lol:

But it's always so nice to see an update. Or see a big update that someone's MOVED into the US without you're knowing and it's like :o so excitng. :P

Anyway. Yeh can't go watch it atm but I can imagine. It's going to be a pretty bad situation :( However the news has been getting on my nerves about it just because it's not the news' job to be obnoxious, how they keep calling everyone there pedophiles and stuff. I mean it's...true by our standards but it's not necessarily true or proven that the only reason the "cult" as they keep calling it exists is so dirty old men can touch babies. I just think that's out of line and irresponsible journalism at this point :\

But I doubt Larry King's doing that. Have they cleared up which kid belongs to who yet? Apparently they kept lying so that the police wouldn't know.

Summer 2001 - met my Scottish boy

December 18th, 2007 - proposal in Madrid's Botanical Gardens with a duck standing behind him going 'food?'

January 18th, 2008 - I-129F sent to VSC

January 31st, 2008 - received NOA1, issued Jan. 24 :)

February 24th, 2008 - NOA2; omgwtfbbqlolz

February 29th, 2008 - NVC letter sent

Filed: Timeline
Those freak a$$ wives from the Yearning for Zion Ranch raid.

They are like robots.

So scripted and insane.

Over and over and over again.

OMG so freakish.

That's very judgmental.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

That's very judgmental.

Yep, it's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

These people are insane.

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Sorry completely off topic :lol:

But it's always so nice to see an update. Or see a big update that someone's MOVED into the US without you're knowing and it's like :o so excitng. :P

Anyway. Yeh can't go watch it atm but I can imagine. It's going to be a pretty bad situation :( However the news has been getting on my nerves about it just because it's not the news' job to be obnoxious, how they keep calling everyone there pedophiles and stuff. I mean it's...true by our standards but it's not necessarily true or proven that the only reason the "cult" as they keep calling it exists is so dirty old men can touch babies. I just think that's out of line and irresponsible journalism at this point :\

But I doubt Larry King's doing that. Have they cleared up which kid belongs to who yet? Apparently they kept lying so that the police wouldn't know.

:lol:

Thanks hon!!! Haven't moved yet!

Larry just keeps asking them the same question and they are squirming and avoiding and saying their robotic scripted answers.

It's completely insane.

"Oh, we didn't know we were doing anything wrong"

"We never saw 15 year old kids having sex with 50 year olds"

He asked them at least 6 times where their husband is and all of them kept saying over and over again

Gave me chills.

Edited by ~Laura and Nick~

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

That's very judgmental.

Yep, it's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

These people are insane.

mobpitchforkssmallks1.jpg

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Nice pics, Laura! :D

thanks! LOL

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

I would have thought at least some of the women are victims too. It's also quite possible that the trauma of forced removal from both sets of parents will have a traumatic/negative effect on the children. I am actually quite surprised that in 2008 there aren't better methods of rehabilitating abused children, ultimately these children will probably end up with their mothers so surely it is pragmatic to rehabilitate the children and mothers at the same time rather than traumatising the children and potentially making the task more difficult.

Of course, I realise that this is an unusual situation, not something that social services deal with every day. I also realise there is no quick and easy solution for these children. Ultimately, it's a sad thing and the fate of these children moving forward will probably not excite much interest. I imagine there might be a documentary in 20 years time when the children express their feelings of how they felt during this time.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

i watched a little of it. i felt they were saying the same things over and over...we want our childern...they belong with their mothers too. even the way they talked was the same. the same voice. the same way they pronounced words.

my husband kept saying thats not right..america is supose to be a free country. they are not bothering anyone.

i still havent heard why they are keeping the children? i know they are hunting lawyers for them but why?

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

As I understand it - there's a law that allows the authorities to remove children from an environment that facilitates abuse. Usually its applied to the immediate family - if one child is abused by a parent for example the authorities remove both. What they're doing here is making the case that the abusive environment is inherent in this community.

I should add I have no idea what evidence or not the authorities have for doing this - it does beg the question how a sudden influx of 400 children can be effectively looked after by Child Services. I imagine that just a little bit of a strain.

i watched a little of it. i felt they were saying the same things over and over...we want our childern...they belong with their mothers too. even the way they talked was the same. the same voice. the same way they pronounced words.

my husband kept saying thats not right..america is supose to be a free country. they are not bothering anyone.

i still havent heard why they are keeping the children? i know they are hunting lawyers for them but why?

Because they are practicing polygamy and that is against the law.

Why they are keeping them from their mothers, I'm not sure...I believe they feel there is abuse there.

15 year old kids getting impregnated by 50 year old men...that's gotta be the reason there.

Edited by ~Laura and Nick~

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

I haven't kept up with it in a couple days but I think they were separating everyone so that they could try to gain the kids' trust and start getting them to talk. I heard the news saying that the #1 thing these children have been taught since they were born is not to trust anyone on the outside. Not only are they completely unfamiliar to our society and our different "ways," but they've been told we're all completely evil, I guess.

The thing I thought about when they said this is...good god, I hope the buses that are transporting them don't go past any dirty billboards, or no one lets the kids near a TV, or anything like that. Think about how bad a lot of television/advertising/music, just everything, even the way people dress on the streets, really is now compared to 'ethical fabric' and 1950s era and all this sort of traditional cleancut stuff. And these guys are much more extreme. If they're exposed to all of this it's only going to affirm their beliefs and I can't say you can really blame them :(

I think too they had to separate them because well where are they going to house everyone together? I don't know what they're doing with everybody...if the kids are going out to temporary foster families which I'm not even sure about, where are the mothers going? The thing is probably the mothers themselves are very young in many cases.

Does anybody know how long the ranch has been established, or is there a specific other sect that most/a lot of the members came from before it? I know it's the Latter Day Saints guys. But I'm just wondering if there's a 30, 40, or even 50 year old female mother in there, was she completely born into this lifestyle too and has been taught this her entire life, or did she come to it at some point? I guess to be fair you have to ask the same question of the men.

I have to admit it's looking like the evidence for going into the ranch was bogus, but at the same time I'm glad they did.

Summer 2001 - met my Scottish boy

December 18th, 2007 - proposal in Madrid's Botanical Gardens with a duck standing behind him going 'food?'

January 18th, 2008 - I-129F sent to VSC

January 31st, 2008 - received NOA1, issued Jan. 24 :)

February 24th, 2008 - NOA2; omgwtfbbqlolz

February 29th, 2008 - NVC letter sent